Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, July's has begun; On to August!
    There was a back to school theme last year with Professors Scott and Sato. What might August bring? Animated Series crew to celebrate the launch of Lower Decks shortly?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, July's has begun; On to August!
    There was a back to school theme last year with Professors Scott and Sato. What might August bring? Animated Series crew to celebrate the launch of Lower Decks shortly?

I would certainly get behind that. Buyer beware to anyone who chases the first Lower Decks legendary - it could end up in the campaign. I would only recommend trying for one copy.
    Farewell 🖖
    I was trying to think which series haven't had crew in the campaign yet. TOS and Short Treks are the least represented, besides TAS, Picard, and Lower Decks with zero. Only list three for each

TOS - M113 Creature

TAS

TOS Movies- Several- Professor Scott, Captain Spock, Amanda,...

TNG- Several- Beta used crew from "A Fist Full of Datas" even.

TNG Movies- Several- Nexus Guinan, Commander Troi, Ago of Sail Data,...

DS9- Several- Waitress Ezri, High Roller Sisko, The Bashirs,...

VOY- several- Liason Torres, EV Seven, Proton Paris,...

ENG- Several- Professor Sato, Test Pilot Archer, Adm. forrest,...

Disco- Several- First Full Campaign, Queen Po, Celebratory Tyler, Fugitive Spock,...

Short Treks- Sirana,

Picard

Lower decks
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how sales of the campaign with Scrooge Data compared to others around that time, to see if releasing a new 5* crew via campaign is something that would happen again. Because they could usher in Season 2 of Picard with a new 5* Disco Fever Rios and the existing 4* Raffi and get a lot of people excited for the campaign.

Speaking of Raffi, they could do a Fallen Heroes campaign with her as the 4* (having fallen into Vape Life after Picard’s unexpected retirement) and Commodore Decker as the 5* (having fallen into madness, self-loathing, and grief after losing his crew). Or there could be an Andorian campaign with Commander Thelin as the 4* and maybe Ushaan Shran as the 5*...I wouldn’t be bothered if Talas was chosen over Shran, and still hold out hope that we get a Jailbreak Talas (with art inspired by the fight scene between the MACO and, well, the stunt double) whether via campaign or other methods.
    I'll go for the President of Earth. Mine's 1/4*. Finishing him off and adding to this campaign would give four immortalized in that collection.
  • Yet another 2 skill piece of junk this month. :(
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... I don't have 2-skill Tourist Tucker and my 2nd copy of Tourist Reed is already at 3/4... another uninspired campaign.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Not spending money on this campaign.
  • Captain Kirk JCaptain Kirk J ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I picked up my Orion Vina on a Merit Pull.

I'm ready for the next campaign after Enterprise Vacation!
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Ugh... I don't have 2-skill Tourist Tucker and my 2nd copy of Tourist Reed is already at 3/4... another uninspired campaign.

Ag-Reed. Mother Tucker!!!!!

My Reed is Frozen, and no Tucker.

😠🤬😠🤬😠
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with you on all counts @Prime Lorca [10FH] . Plus, I actually don't have the 5* finished for a change (at 1*), so super bonus for me.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the few of us that find select 2-skill crew useful, these recent campaigns have been fine. As I’ve noted before, I only use 2-skill crew on daily shuttles so I can save every 3-skill crew for potential voyage use. I have Miami Vice Trip at 1/5, so I see a new DIP shuttler on my horizon.

But... I’m totally on board with a better mix of 2 vs 3 skill crew, and elite vs average crew. Every campaign can’t pop the champagne cork for everyone, but it would be nice to not read immediate groans about them every month.
    For the few of us that find select 2-skill crew useful, these recent campaigns have been fine. As I’ve noted before, I only use 2-skill crew on daily shuttles so I can save every 3-skill crew for potential voyage use. I have Miami Vice Trip at 1/5, so I see a new DIP shuttler on my horizon.

But... I’m totally on board with a better mix of 2 vs 3 skill crew, and elite vs average crew. Every campaign can’t pop the champagne cork for everyone, but it would be nice to not read immediate groans about them every month.

I just tanked all my factions and don't worry about shuttles. Much more relaxing. :)

But indeed - the "three lousy campaigns in a row" sentiment is strong. And I agree. Still going to buy it, but I agree all the same. The biggest problem is the effect on burn-out. I read that all too often on the forum. There's a little bit in my fleet. It's real. I fear that TP/WRG will lose more regulars if this mega event doesn't make up for the lack of enthusiasm in the last three campaigns, plus the last mega event, plus the offer wall. That's a mighty long losing streak. We're ready for a win any time now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    I'll go for the President of Earth. Mine's 1/4*. Finishing him off and adding to this campaign would give four immortalized in that collection.

Wonder if we'll see the President of Earth and the UFP President in a campaign around election time....?

Wonder if we'll see the President of Earth and the UFP President in a campaign around election time....?

I like it. Good reminder to go vote.
    Farewell 🖖

• But indeed - the "three lousy campaigns in a row" sentiment is strong. And I agree. Still going to buy it, but I agree all the same. The biggest problem is the effect on burn-out. I read that all too often on the forum. There's a little bit in my fleet. It's real. I fear that TP/WRG will lose more regulars if this mega event doesn't make up for the lack of enthusiasm in the last three campaigns, plus the last mega event, plus the offer wall. That's a mighty long losing streak. We're ready for a win any time now.

Yeah. We need a really good recurring in the mega and an honor sale to improve morale too. And didn't @WRG Ben say we'd have another mini event soon?
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I already have frozen Tucker :/
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Congrats, the folks screaming/suggesting for 2 skill crew like Tucker, won again.
    3rd 2 skill campaign legendary in a row. :|

List of all campaign crew so far(except Beta Test crew):

eqhq7sds9qms.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this new campaign is so disappointing. I guess though as long as people keep buying campaigns we will not see any better.
    Let’s fly!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it could be better, but the last two months showed it could be much worse. With only tier 1 to 3 left to improve voyages (which we will not see again in campaigns obviously) I like the idea of getting factionable crew instead of voyage-only mid-tier crew. But that is just me...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    First campaign where I had the 5*. He's just 1/5*, so easy buy for me. I suspect he'll be top ten in both skills for me for some time. The Bashirs aren't even immortalized yet and are top ten diplomacy for me. (I slept in, so my voyage is just now recalling and they have been filling seats for me every round so far.) Figuring in where he is now and the other 5* ahead of him, he will likely be immortalized by the end of August with three or four ahead of him- Bones (just a couple pieces of equipment to go), Q as God, Mirror Picard, and maybe the Mega reoccurring. It depends on needs for events, but it is likely close to that. He's either decent for newer players or one of those crew that don't get cited by older ones. This is an easy way to get him.
    The Reed is also 1/4* and nearly FE, so, with these copies, I can finish him off and use or freeze, depending on how he ends up. Useful or a freed slot, either is good.
    Maybe we can get a Shore Leave collection with Risa Picard as the milestone gold! We have a decent start on it.
  • I called it a month too early. Don't need Reed, but I have a Tucker sitting at 1*. We'll see where I am near the end of the campaign (I never get it right away anymore - just to make sure i get there).
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had Tourist Tucker at 1/5* I would pay $10 to free up his crew slot, among other things. As it is, I’m probably going to pass.

As a fun thought experiment, I came up with some crew I would have jumped on in a heartbeat. Not all of them are amazing choices on raw stats, some are personal favorites, and recent releases like Sinister Picard have been left off for obvious reasons.

-Dark Empath Troi
    -Joachim
    -Mountain Climber Mayweather
    -Satan’s Robot or Lonzak
    -Bartender Tuvok
    -Conflicted Sisko
    -Admiral Kirk (mine is 2/5* and I consider myself a Kirk collector)
    -Kal-if-fee Kirk (same)
    -Captain Scott
    -Gangster Spock (it’d mess up the gauntlet a bit but I need those last three stars)
    -Gladiator McCoy (okay, I’m a TOS collector)
    -Dr. Katherine Pulaski (and probably Surgeon Pulaski)
    -Lissan
    -basically any TOS main or guest character I don’t already have immortal or 4/5* (this is simpler than listing them)
    -Mirror T’Pol
    -Mirror Stamets
    -Medic Reno (to finish off the free one we all got)
    -Jim Jones Cult Leader Dukat
    -Soup Picard
    -“Bees!!!” Jake
    -Ishara Yar
    -basically any other 1/5* I have

That’s a couple years’ worth of campaigns for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone in having quite a list to work on.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crockett, I mean Tourist Tucker straight dropped for me once. He is one of only a handful of golds I have ever airlocked. I may buy the campaign just to airlock 4 more of him...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Actually pretty happy about this one. I have him at 1/5 and I'd never waste a citation on him. So now I get to finally freeze him next month.

And also, the premium track of the campaign offers enough other valuable stuff I want. :)