Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    hehe ... and there were people who thought the Bashirs were a low point (at least they make it onto the odd voyage) :) ... and to be brutally honest ... Lenara Kahn is better.

To top it off ... the reward structure for that collection is pants (e.g. compare Tier 6 rewards with other vanity collections, ouch) ... the only collection I couldn't give a hoot about (and hence am at 3 completed).

Even as a player who enjoys collections I have to finally say ... this is one terrible campaign regarding theme and campaign 4* and 5* crew.

At 4* my Chaotica gets a ton of use. yeah, he's not great but he has a good trait list that helps in voyages.

What can a 2skiller with such stats and 4* do for a voyage? Most 3skill purples should be better?!

I meant shuttles. His trait set has come up enough in there to get value when I do mass shuttles.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iirc, Proton Paris needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 138 basic holoprograms. So if you haven’t leveled him up yet... have fun with that.

I farm Cadets. Build up Holoprograms, Science Experiments, or Medical Experiments. Whichever I need, and can get that day.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I understand they're both tough to level up and their stats ain't that great, but I love the Captain Proton stuff, so that's probably my decision made . .
  • 2nd campaign I'll skip on my main.
    Just checked my vip0 account - proton paris in the freezer. Relief intensifies.
  • Might go for it, chaotica is 2/5. Don't think a dupe would be needed so it could be my first gold airlock.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they're both tough to level up and their stats ain't that great, but I love the Captain Proton stuff, so that's probably my decision made . .

Start running the hell out of Section 31 shuttles, then, 'cause you're gonna need 175 0* Holoprograms. Chaotica needs 43; Paris needs 132. Keep in mind, though, they acquired their reputations in 2016, when the game was considerably more challenging. Paris is still costlier than a lot of other 4*'s today, but he's also not the months-long project he once was. Chaotica, it turns out, isn't all that demanding anyway.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they're both tough to level up and their stats ain't that great, but I love the Captain Proton stuff, so that's probably my decision made . .

Start running the hell out of Section 31 shuttles, then, 'cause you're gonna need 175 0* Holoprograms. Chaotica needs 43; Paris needs 132. Keep in mind, though, they acquired their reputations in 2016, when the game was considerably more challenging. Paris is still costlier than a lot of other 4*'s today, but he's also not the months-long project he once was. Chaotica, it turns out, isn't all that demanding anyway.

S31 shuttles and the 3rd MWF cadet mission on Elite. I’ve at times felt almost bad for running an ad doubler on one of those that dropped three (for a total of six from one cadet warp)...almost being the important word there. :)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My Chaotica has been sitting at 1/5 for a couple years, after he was the only viable option in a beGold (options were a bad immortalized character & an even worse new 2-skill character), so I'm ok immortalizing him and getting one step closer to completing the related collection.

Having said that, the last couple campaigns have featured some absolutely dreadful 5* crew, after the campaigns debuted with some stellar crew to get us hooked.
  • Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    Proton is already in the freezer but I have Chaotica fully equipped at 2/5. So I'll bite.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Everyone buying the campaign with these legendaries, you're why we keep getting lousy cards. If the sales were terrible except for good legendaries, then to would have to offer better cards.

This.

Another campaign I'll be passing on. Sadly I think this will be the new norm going forward, seems to me like plenty of people who said they'd skip the last one couldn't help themselves and bought it anyways. I wonder if the person picking these characters even plays the game. While I'm not expecting top tier cards for 10 bucks, I do expect something halfway decent. I don't have a strong crew, nor do I have many immortilized. I bought the Bashirs and they have been a good addition to my crew and have made it on a few voyages. I buy the campaigns for the crew not the bonuses.
  • Finally get Dr Chaotica FFFE, missing 2 stars, :D
  • I understand they're both tough to level up and their stats ain't that great, but I love the Captain Proton stuff, so that's probably my decision made . .

Thanks for the heads up!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

S31 shuttles and the 3rd MWF cadet mission on Elite. I’ve at times felt almost bad for running an ad doubler on one of those that dropped three (for a total of six from one cadet warp)...almost being the important word there. :)

I do that. I Ad Warp if I get three of whatever I was farming for. Or, I Ad Warp the last time through, if I don't get the drop of three of whatever the target item was.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

it also helps to find somebody who needs them and leave that crew UNleveled up to that item, so you can use your daily replications on whatever you need - they do add up quickly if you remember to do them!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't remember which mission so I skipped over that. You can also farm them from "A Certain Formality" (mission 3, "Talarian Coup", on Normal). You'd be a damn fool to do that on Thursday and sacrifice the shuttle boosts, but on Saturday it might be worth it.
  • This is a campaign that is very difficult to get excited about personally. Many of my fleet mates feel the same way.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Chaotica is 4/5 so I’ll bite. I purchased a monthly card after waiting for a few days.

I’m still not sure how I feel about the state of things right now but I’m going to play normally for now.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't remember which mission so I skipped over that. You can also farm them from "A Certain Formality" (mission 3, "Talarian Coup", on Normal). You'd be a damn fool to do that on Thursday and sacrifice the shuttle boosts, but on Saturday it might be worth it.

I don’t really pay attention to a lot of mission names, I just remember it’s the third mission. :) I did not know about the ACF mission, however. Saturday cadet runs have thus far been devoted to the third mission on Epic to farm 1* ID Codes. However, ID Codes are at least farmable from a regular mission while 0* Holoprograms are not, so I will have to try to remember to switch to Normal instead.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My Chaotica is 4/5 so I’ll bite. I purchased a monthly card after waiting for a few days.

I’m still not sure how I feel about the state of things right now but I’m going to play normally for now.

Same here, I went ahead on the monthly card after the initial statement from Shan. I will probably buy this campaign to finish my also 4/5* Chaotica (along with the other stuff!) after passing up the LTO for Chakotay, who would have been a much more useful-to-me FF.

Looking ahead, I would like to see Benny Russell & Gabriel Bell. Neither are overpowered cards, but neither are they mediocre. Of course, if WRG were to do a Braxton campaign, I wouldn’t be sad.... ;)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    My proton is frozen but chaotica is 2/5. I will buy these even if I have both frozen, the extras are worth the $10. To me it is the best ongoing value in the game. It will be my first airlock of a gold crew once I get chaotica to 5/5. I’m glad we are getting the chance at getting these old cards completed finally. I can use the citations on the better cards while also getting older ones done with a bunch of equipment and other goodies at the same time. Perhaps if I had all of my golds immortal I’d think differently but I’m far from that goal.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • I have Chaotica at 3/5, so maybe I'll bite. I'm just a wee bit wary of spending at the moment.
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    My proton is frozen but chaotica is 2/5. I will buy these even if I have both frozen, the extras are worth the $10. To me it is the best ongoing value in the game. It will be my first airlock of a gold crew once I get chaotica to 5/5. I’m glad we are getting the chance at getting these old cards completed finally. I can use the citations on the better cards while also getting older ones done with a bunch of equipment and other goodies at the same time. Perhaps if I had all of my golds immortal I’d think differently but I’m far from that goal.

To be honest, I'm not unhappy either about the changes. There are a few legendaries that I really want, just because I like the character or that specific version of it, and some of them are old or even two skillers. With the awful drop rates from the portal and the fact that they very rarely appear in packs, it's good to know that they might be in a campaign.
    And any 4/5* will be good for a very new player, even one that, like Chaotica, is about as good as a recent 4/4*. Add to that, that for relatively new players the other stuff in the premium tier is probably worth more than the legendary itself.

However, I'm not quite sure why they made these changes from a business perspective. New players will always buy the campaign, no matter what legendary is in it. But long-time players are probably buying it mostly for the legendary and the citation, as their inventory is already overflowing with all of the other stuff. So at this point, I'm supposed to buy the campaign just because of the citation and while for some that might be good value, I don't have any legendary that I desperately need to upgrade in a short time, so I'm not willing to spend money just for that. Which means that I will probably buy the campaign only once or twice a year.

I don't know how many players will choose not to buy the premium tier if the legendary is so weak, but unless there is a specific reason for this choice (like, for example, pack purchases or crew LTO purchases might have gone down since campaigns were introduced) it doesn't seem to make much sense.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first consideration is always the character, and my second is how they fit my current goals. Raw ability isn't ignored, but a card doesn't need to be a powerhouse to be useful for me. (I also only have eight FF legendaries, and twenty 4* legendaries, so I hardly have a packed roster.)

While I'm glad STT has had such a variety of characters, it's still a disappointment when I'm uninterested in the campaign legendary.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport