Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I would like to see an episode-themed The Jem'Hadar campaign next with two new crew: 4* Eris, 5* Talak'talan (or vice versa) ... we don't have a 5* Jem'Hadar yet, and Eris is definitely a must-get, being the first Vorta on televised Star Trek. I wouldn't mind though if Eris was the 5* and Talak'talan the 4* as there is still the Jem'Hadar Elder from "To The Death" who flirted a little bit with Jadzia on the Defiant's bridge, he could be the first 5* Jem'Hadar as well, at some point.

Alternatively, besides Eris, I wouldn't mind seeing Captain Philip Keogh in the game or Gamma Expedition Quark ... or Teenager Jake even ... no, please skip that. :p
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    NM
  • If you're talking Halloween theme, then throw Ba'ul into the list also!

Yes, he's newer than the others listed. But after the Offerwall and three 2 skill Campaigns in a row, TP could stand to throw us a little favor our way. But I would imagine if there is a Halloween theme, it would be the October campaign. We still have the September campaign first.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    18 campaigns in the books - let's review the 5* cards for quality/value/etc, shall we? (It's something else to do while we speculate about the 19th campaign). I'll just list them in order and offer my personal take on them via a 3-tier scale (weak, fine, great). Feel free to offer your own reviews. Spoilered for brevity.
    Covert Operative Leland - fine. Solid card at that time, set the tone for this new game feature.
    Captain Spock - great. Yes, his stats were less-than-hoped-for by his fans, but he's still a solid contributor for me.
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard - fine. Gunshow would probably rate as "great" for anyone not around for Picard-gate.
    High Roller Sisko - great. (Do we need any discussion here? No.)
    Commander Troi - weak. The first real bump in the road. She's ok-ish, but a clear step down in stats and age-of-card from the preceding group.
    Professor Sato - great. (See: Sisko, High Roller.)
    Protomorphosis Barclay - fine. While ugly, he was/is a great card for voyages.
    Gloria - weak. Certainly has some game utility (gauntlet, voyages) because of MED & traits, but not really a card anyone was clamoring for.
    Scrooge Data - great. A new 5*, main cast, strong stats - what's not to like?
    Queen Po - fine. Some probably would rate her as great, and that's ok too.
    EV Suit Seven of Nine - weak. Disagree if you want, but she's a step down from the top SCI gauntleteers, and she is yet another weak-base version of Seven.
    Age of Sail Data - great. Strong bases, voyages, collection value, and a fan favorite? Check.
    Reverend Phlox - great. Suddenly a lot more players have a shot at hitting those troublesome 10hr CMD-MED voyages.
    Admiral Maxwell Forrest - fine. A gut-punch for me since I airlocked him after his event, but he's a solid card.
    The Bashirs - fine. Got a bit of a negative reaction at the time, but they're solid enough to me.
    Lenara Kahn - weak. I like her 'cause I like 2-skill day shuttlers, but objectively she's just ok, and she's the first 2-skill card in the campaigns (but not the last, sadly).
    Doctor Chaotica - weak. In the early days, this guy ruled the gauntlet. But we're not in the early days anymore, are we? Another 2-skiller as well.
    Tourist Tucker - fine. Yet another 2-skiller. I understand why many will say "weak", but it turns out that FF'd he's my 2nd best DIP base (behind FF Sato and ahead of 2/5 Sato). Top-end DIP is the weakest spot on my roster though, so maybe I'm alone on this one.

z4sgmnqphcrt.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see either Laborer Kirk (ideal) or Laborer Spock (ok) as the legendary - cause Labor Day in September.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see either Laborer Kirk (ideal) or Laborer Spock (ok) as the legendary - cause Labor Day in September.

I like where your head is at. I might prefer Spock to add another Vulcan to my collection. They're both pretty good options. Not sure who would make a good SR, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great ideas here, which means we will prolly get The Professor and Sela or Rogue Kai Winn and Sybok :o:p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

I like where your head is at. I might prefer Spock to add another Vulcan to my collection. They're both pretty good options. Not sure who would make a good SR, though.

Yeah... it's too early still for my brain to think of a purple.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

How about an O’Brien as the 4*? A hard-working guy like him certainly seems appropriate to me. From a thematic standpoint I would say Chief O’Brien would be the best fit; however, he’s the weakest 4* O’Brien variant and Undercover O’Brien might still fit the theme while being a better choice from a purely in-game perspective.

How about an O’Brien as the 4*? A hard-working guy like him certainly seems appropriate to me. From a thematic standpoint I would say Chief O’Brien would be the best fit; however, he’s the weakest 4* O’Brien variant and Undercover O’Brien might still fit the theme while being a better choice from a purely in-game perspective.

Yeah he does work hard... Chief makes the most sense yes. I don't want a fourth UOB...
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Why do we need every year a halloween theme?
    Uluru wrote: »

I think the two campaigns from now would be where a Halloween theme would be appropriate, if anywhere. This one is all September.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    18 campaigns in the books - let's review the 5* cards for quality/value/etc, shall we? (It's something else to do while we speculate about the 19th campaign). I'll just list them in order and offer my personal take on them via a 3-tier scale (weak, fine, great). Feel free to offer your own reviews. Spoilered for brevity.
    Covert Operative Leland - fine. Solid card at that time, set the tone for this new game feature.
    Captain Spock - great. Yes, his stats were less-than-hoped-for by his fans, but he's still a solid contributor for me.
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard - fine. Gunshow would probably rate as "great" for anyone not around for Picard-gate.
    High Roller Sisko - great. (Do we need any discussion here? No.)
    Commander Troi - weak. The first real bump in the road. She's ok-ish, but a clear step down in stats and age-of-card from the preceding group.
    Professor Sato - great. (See: Sisko, High Roller.)
    Protomorphosis Barclay - fine. While ugly, he was/is a great card for voyages.
    Gloria - weak. Certainly has some game utility (gauntlet, voyages) because of MED & traits, but not really a card anyone was clamoring for.
    Scrooge Data - great. A new 5*, main cast, strong stats - what's not to like?
    Queen Po - fine. Some probably would rate her as great, and that's ok too.
    EV Suit Seven of Nine - weak. Disagree if you want, but she's a step down from the top SCI gauntleteers, and she is yet another weak-base version of Seven.
    Age of Sail Data - great. Strong bases, voyages, collection value, and a fan favorite? Check.
    Reverend Phlox - great. Suddenly a lot more players have a shot at hitting those troublesome 10hr CMD-MED voyages.
    Admiral Maxwell Forrest - fine. A gut-punch for me since I airlocked him after his event, but he's a solid card.
    The Bashirs - fine. Got a bit of a negative reaction at the time, but they're solid enough to me.
    Lenara Kahn - weak. I like her 'cause I like 2-skill day shuttlers, but objectively she's just ok, and she's the first 2-skill card in the campaigns (but not the last, sadly).
    Doctor Chaotica - weak. In the early days, this guy ruled the gauntlet. But we're not in the early days anymore, are we? Another 2-skiller as well.
    Tourist Tucker - fine. Yet another 2-skiller. I understand why many will say "weak", but it turns out that FF'd he's my 2nd best DIP base (behind FF Sato and ahead of 2/5 Sato). Top-end DIP is the weakest spot on my roster though, so maybe I'm alone on this one.

z4sgmnqphcrt.jpeg

These campaigns, including some picks that people were quick to complain about, are why my tenth place DIP crew can still field over 1000 Base. (1001 and not immortalized yet! Just noticed last night. Now, to work on MED and ENG.). They have a place in a young roster. I have four campaign 5*s in my top ten DIP and most are either in my top ten for their top two skills or will be when leveled. They let people finish a crew they wouldn't cite otherwise.
    Either Laborer Kirk or Spock and Safecracker Nog would be a good theme. Playwise, maybe not, but Nog would fit well thematically. Or a new 4* EMH sweeping the floor of Sandrine's.
    October last year gave us Proto. Barclay. Maybe we can get Worf and Riker this year.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Uluru wrote: »

for the same reason we need a christmas one...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    That would be a cool combo. Plus, non-corporial possession is so 2020. Besides, they have given us the top for several skills in Campaigns- Professor Sato and High Roller Sisko. McCoy was Convergence Day gift. Picard an Number One were Mega crew. PW Keiko and Ru'afo are the last two top core skills that haven't been offered in an easy to acquire way. Ru'afo wouldn't be bad for a Halloween theme either. Pair him with Mutated Paris for "Extreme Makeovers"!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    edited August 2020
    Best 5* CMD base and best 4* CMD base crew in game.
    Did TP checked some spreadsheets? ;)

That‘s what i call a worthy campaign(crew wise). Well done. :)

erpn5fc5z2fy.jpeg

Agreed, 100%. And I liked both episodes. I think I'll keep the duplicate Kes. I don't use her often, but freezer space doesn't cost extra.
    Farewell 🖖
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, Pah-wraith Keiko! I've had her sitting at 1/5 for a long time and I came so very close to using four citations on her after the honour sale.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Keiko, but gladly welcome her as a new 4/5! I already have two copies of Kes on ice, but won't complain about another 800 honor.
    She's the last of the "Supreme Six" I don't have. I picked up Ru'Afo in a BeGold during the Honor Sale. He's 1/5. The others are immortalized. Suspiria is my current top COM crew. Would love to have her at even 1/5*. This combo would let me finish TP Kes too.
    I always loved the irony of Keiko being possessed, attacked, bad luck, depressed with station life, etc. Keiko means the "happy one". I had a Netherland Dwarf rabbit called Keiko at the same time I had a New Zealand Red Giant we called Miles
  • edited August 2020
    edit: my bad, just saw it lol

Captain Level 99

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will gladly dupe and immortalize that Pah Keiko ... her CMD is just unmatched. However, I'd have prefered Ahdar Ru'afo of course, being the last of the "Super Six" I don't have yet.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    Well, they have my money. I'm actually pretty good on CMD right now (second to DIP), but that is too good to pass up! Tourist Trip helped my lagging ENG. Now, to nurture my MED crew.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've passed on her before in beholds for reasons, but having her maxed for $10 is a good way to get me to spend
  • forgive me, but can someone explain the super six please? lol thanks :smiley:

Captain Level 99

forgive me, but can someone explain the super six please? lol thanks :smiley:

That's a new term for me too. Best guess from context is the top base crew for each of the six stats.
    Farewell 🖖

That's a new term for me too. Best guess from context is the top base crew for each of the six stats.

ah good, glad i’m not the only one :smiley:

Captain Level 99

I think it is the crew with the top bases (shuttles) for each stat: Pah-Wraith Keiko has the top CMD base, while Ru'afo has the #1 ENG base. Others look to be Picard & Number One (SCI), High Roller Sisko (SEC), Professor Sato (DIP) and Dr. Bones McCoy (MED).