Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so weird cbs is not making their all access app available in other countries. Hopefully others will be able to see it soon because it is good.
    Let’s fly!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked through my mirror crew. I would like Mirror Bev, Data, or Stamets, since I have them at 1/5 or 2/5.
    I'd be happy with any of those three, especially Mirror Data.
    Or even expand an existing collection. Physician, Inspiring, and Veteran are probably the strongest contenders, with a few other possibilities among smaller collections. Mirror Bev would be great if Physician expands since she'd be in two collections.
    Not for next month, but we're in a good position to expand the Cardiassian collection, and that would pair well with a campaign and/or Mega.

Augments as well. Fewer choices, but there's still Patrick's friends, the Klingon augments, and additional characters around Singh and Soong.

Ferengi and Romulan aren't far behind.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined and Admiral Paris for November.
  • Determined Paris, great choice and great stats. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I have paris at one star and had been thinking of putting some cites on him, so very happy with this choice
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...I started wondering if we might get another Voyager mega after a couple Voyager heavy portals this week. It marked its 25th anniversary in January with little fanfare. Could we be getting something interesting?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • oooOOOoooh. Do I buy the premium track this month??? I said I would for Janeway, do I do the same for Tom? Sounds like he might be a good purchase, even the Big Book likes him.
    Hmmm...I started wondering if we might get another Voyager mega after a couple Voyager heavy portals this week. It marked its 25th anniversary in January with little fanfare. Could we be getting something interesting?

I would love this (obviously).
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I figured DIS or Mirror, possibly both, so I was way off. Nice theme and stats, I almost want to purchase this to encourage more great crew. But I really dislike Paris, and I have CMD/DIP/SEC crew coming out of my ears. Still, even if this isn't for me, it's a great choice!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy with this campaign. I had wanted to immortalize that Paris but hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Thx TP.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1/5 Paris and a 2/5 SO Spock. If I were to only get one campaign track, which is better?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1/5 Paris and a 2/5 SO Spock. If I were to only get one campaign track, which is better?

Depends on what your needs are. Spock only needs three citations to Paris’ four so if you want both 5/5 I would say buy Paris campaign and use citations on Spock. If only want one then it depends on whether you need a Sec-Dip diplomat or a Sci-Com Vulcan. Spock has been bonus in three times the events and can be bonus in Disco and Strange New Worlds events but Paris has higher raw voyage score.

em52ncn0xzrd.png

0wke9pipw0t2.png

https://datacore.app/behold?crew=paris_determined_crew&crew=dsc_spock_science_crew

Very good analysis. Personally, I'd say get both, if you can afford it. Both are event beasts, though that particular Spock is in a league of his own when it comes to events. Paris is top 20 voyager with a common skill set that happens to be in an uncommon order - some overlook this. Both have great voyage traits. If you HAVE to choose one, then I would get the event king, Spock. I would be very sad about missing a diplomat, though.

Basically, after some duds, WRG is back to crushing it with campaign selections. I had both at 1/5, so I'm totally getting both campaigns. Really great for my roster. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d go Paris because he isn’t in the portal.
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Determined and Admiral Paris for November.

Only honor for me :'(
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticing that I'll be done with the present campaign by end of this week. So what are people thinking about for December's campaign? It was a year ago that we got Scrooge McData, still the only brand new crew intro'ed in a campaign. Think they'll do that again for this year?

I'd like a real season of giving offer: Mobile Doc and Indignant Seven. Yeah, we won't get it, but I can dream! :D

In the giving vein, maybe Fair Haven Harry Kim and Kolinahr Spock. Or maybe a Mirror offer would be nice; with Killy and Mirror La Forge.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Celebrations of Earth holidays are rare on the show, although Picard does have a Christmas scene in Generations. More general celebrations are not, but I don't think any existing legendaries really work for that, so it would need to be a new card again.

Looking to next year, I've been wondering if we'll get specifically DIS and SNW campaigns. I wouldn't be surprised to get our first Burnham campaign, and offhand I think Away Team Burnham (perhaps coupled with a Saru) seems like the most obvious version.

A Pike/Number One combo seems likely. I'd personally rather have Bridge Officer Number One as the top, but it seems more likely we'd get one of the legendary Pikes with Relaxed Number One.

Starport
  • edited November 2020
    I’d love Christmas Tree Generations Picard :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love Christmas Tree Generations Picard :smile:

Honestly, I would love if they continue to give us holiday-themed cards around Christmas. Generations Picard is perfect - they could throw in a Picard mega, for good measure.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebrations of Earth holidays are rare on the show, although Picard does have a Christmas scene in Generations. More general celebrations are not, but I don't think any existing legendaries really work for that, so it would need to be a new card again.

Looking to next year, I've been wondering if we'll get specifically DIS and SNW campaigns. I wouldn't be surprised to get our first Burnham campaign, and offhand I think Away Team Burnham (perhaps coupled with a Saru) seems like the most obvious version.

A Pike/Number One combo seems likely. I'd personally rather have Bridge Officer Number One as the top, but it seems more likely we'd get one of the legendary Pikes with Relaxed Number One.

I've wanted Christopher Pike since he came out, so I'd be happy with that; maybe pair with Relaxed Number One. But an Away Team Number One and EV Suit Pike combo would be awesome too.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • I’d love Christmas Tree Generations Picard :smile:

That‘s an excellent suggestion. And please give em good stats as well. ☺️
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Noticing that I'll be done with the present campaign by end of this week. So what are people thinking about for December's campaign? It was a year ago that we got Scrooge McData, still the only brand new crew intro'ed in a campaign. Think they'll do that again for this year?

I'd like a real season of giving offer: Mobile Doc and Indignant Seven. Yeah, we won't get it, but I can dream! :D

In the giving vein, maybe Fair Haven Harry Kim and Kolinahr Spock. Or maybe a Mirror offer would be nice; with Killy and Mirror La Forge.

I like your idea of Mobile Doc and Seven. I think I mentioned it last month also. Yeah, I know we won't get it, but it would go a long way towards good favor, and it is a good month for it!

I also like your Pike and Number One idea too. Both are favorites for me. Though if it was Christopher, I'd have to decide whether to start another one or not. Not a bad dilemma to have I suppose.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...lots of good thoughts on here. I love these speculation threads.
    A point to consider is that this next campaign will end JUST before Christmas (24th). A Christmas/New Year's campaign is more likely to be the one after this. There are 12 months, but 13 campaigns in a year. This will be our 22nd full campaign. I kind of hope they do something special for the 25th, like the Seven/EMH one we all want. A Harvest/Winter Theme might be more likely for this one.
    * A Strange New Worlds Campaign is likely closer to the show's debut. They haven't even set a date yet. I am looking forward to the series and the flurry of new crew and events with it.
    * I think a Discovery campaign would be popular, but it might make for a better one in the new year, when they are gearing up for a Disco Mega.
    * A new crew at the holidays would be a nice tradition. The Christmas Picard paired with Coffee Janeway would make a lot of people happy. Kate Mulgrew is going to have a role on the kids' Trek series, Prodigy, and they haven't remarked on that yet. She's always popular and I think odds are good that Mutated Paris might be the Paris in the Ranked Rewards for next week. A shot at Evolved Janeway in any form is a source of excitement for all of us, starting, adding, completing...
    * The Seven/EMH combo is our dream Campaign. I think I have both at 1* each. I know my EMH is. Seven might be at 2*s. I'm a long way from a Cheesecake Seven, but that campaign could get me much, much closer and will sell very well.
    Considering that the next campaign may not be the Christmas one, I'll throw my combo out as Coffee Janeway (for the above reasons)/Grateful Lwaxana Trio. Not the most enticing gold, but the purple would be popular and it would fit the harvest season idea of gratitude.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Timelines original real life wink Scrooge Picard would be fun.
  • I suppose in addition to potential DIS and WRG campaigns for next year, there's also PIC. That's a little trickier though, even with comparatively few options.

There are only three legenaries among the main cast, if you exclude megas. No one would complain about Sinister Picard, but given his power I'm skeptical. Elnor is an unremarkable two-skiller, but I suppose useful in faction events. Facer Rios is a good middle ground, especially with his high DIP.

Other legendaries wouldn't be bad. Riker and Troi have a broad use outside of PIC events, Hugh is a fan favorite, Dahj has a rare skillset . . .

I could also see a non-PIC Picard. When Kamin Picard was announced, he practically screamed "future campaign offering!" given the popularity of that episode. If timing was different, he's probably make a great January campaign given the themes of aging and rebirth from that episode.

Starport
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinister Picard would sell incredibly well.

For a 4*, Vashti Picard would help a ton of people for the Diplomat collection.

I'm not sure what the exact connection would be, but Narek and Commodore Oh are other 5* possibilities to go with Vashti Picard.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Sinister Picard would sell incredibly well.

For a 4*, Vashti Picard would help a ton of people for the Diplomat collection.

I'm not sure what the exact connection would be, but Narek and Commodore Oh are other 5* possibilities to go with Vashti Picard.

I would sprain my thumb while frantically reaching for the Buy Campaign button if Sinister Picard were the legendary.

To combine two ideas: what about introducing a new character from Picard? One of the emergency holograms from La Sirena would be great - my vote would be for Emmet, but any of them would be fun additions.

Otherwise, skimming over my 1/5* and 2/5* list has the following that could work for one reason or another:

-Dr. Katherine Pulaski
    -Age of Sail Riker
    -Commodore Decker
    -Mirror Stamets
    -Ishara Yar
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Referencing top voyagers that I have at 1/5 leads me to want:
    - Niners Ezri
    - Leucon
    - Captain Braxton

Ezri is my preference since she's main cast and wouldn't contribute to gauntlet walls.

I just looked up the Peldor Joi event from November 2018. Not sure how everyone would feel about getting some Jeffrey Combs, but that event featured Weyoun Clone 5, Penk, and a Shran variant. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, though.

Thematically with Thanksgiving in USA, Grateful Lwaxana comes to mind, with grateful being a synonym of thankful. The only thing appealing about her is the diplomat trait, though. Maybe with the recently passed Singles Day and upcoming Black Friday, some Ferengi might work thematically. I've already got the strongest one (Stranded Quark) immortalized, though.
    Farewell 🖖