Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're not too tired from setting up that straw man. Welcome to everyone else's life (and I'm guessing probably your own, too) of being bludgeoned with things they don't care about. Pride has always seemed like a very Star Trek celebration to me. Virtue signaling or not, in this case, it's better than silence.

Feel free to not participate. For the record, I don't think you're hateful or intolerant. I think this topic likely doesn't affect you much. But what do I know, I'm just a stranger on the internet.

Such a nasty-toned reply, complete with “well just don’t play, then,” which is what most expect in these discussions. It needs to be called out more.

• TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Trollita wrote: »
    This month’s theme is one I’m already weary of being bludgeoned over the head with by every pandering corporation in existence, and it’s only June 3rd. I really wish Timelines had gone with something else. It’s not the end of the world, just..... sigh. And good luck trying to bring this up without somebody twisting your sentiment of jaded exhaustion into “hateful intolerance” so they can crybully you because they think people are clapping for them.

It's literally one post and an identical message in the inbox. After that, there's nothing different about this campaign than any other campaign. If this bothers someone to the point that clicking on the Timelines app will make them shudder, then I definitely would qualify that as "hateful intolerance."

Predictably, another nasty-toned reply with personal attacks and accusations. According to you, I “shudder,” and why YES, I AM filled with “hateful intolerance.” How DARE anybody grow weary with constant disingenuous corporate bombardment and merely SIGH to see the seemingly inescapable pop up in a game that largely serves as escapism. I’ll tell you what “Pride” means to me right now - “Play along and smile, OR GET LOST, but checkmate, IT’S EVERYWHERE. Now SHUT UP.”
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    This month’s theme is one I’m already weary of being bludgeoned over the head with by every pandering corporation in existence, and it’s only June 3rd. I really wish Timelines had gone with something else. It’s not the end of the world, just..... sigh. And good luck trying to bring this up without somebody twisting your sentiment of jaded exhaustion into “hateful intolerance” so they can crybully you because they think people are clapping for them.

It's literally one post and an identical message in the inbox. After that, there's nothing different about this campaign than any other campaign. If this bothers someone to the point that clicking on the Timelines app will make them shudder, then I definitely would qualify that as "hateful intolerance."

Predictably, another nasty-toned reply with personal attacks and accusations. According to you, I “shudder,” and why YES, I AM filled with “hateful intolerance.” How DARE anybody grow weary with constant disingenuous corporate bombardment and merely SIGH to see the seemingly inescapable pop up in a game that largely serves as escapism. I’ll tell you what “Pride” means to me right now - “Play along and smile, OR GET LOST, but checkmate, IT’S EVERYWHERE. Now SHUT UP.”

I didn't say you shudder, did I?
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Second month in a row I'll skip buying the campaign. These cards are so old and bad, if it's going to be LGBT related, can't we get Medic Reno 4/5? These 2 skillers are pretty meh.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    Second month in a row I'll skip buying the campaign. These cards are so old and bad, if it's going to be LGBT related, can't we get Medic Reno 4/5? These 2 skillers are pretty meh.

Especially after getting a free copy last year- would definitely raise interest you'd think!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's get back on topic, aka the campaign itself. Thanks!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Let's get back on topic, aka the campaign itself. Thanks!

I'm game! I clicked on this and am looking at the whole slew of ideas for next month.
    https://eventguide.com/mo/july.htm
    How about an outdoors theme? Mountaineer Spock 5* and Geskana Tucker 4*.
    For Anti-Boredom, we could combine Culinary Arts and Golf months and do Chef Riker and Tee Time Doctor.
    Mental Health could be Benny Russell 5* and Bajoran Dukat 4*.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Not that I care one way or the other, especially in a mobile game, but my first thought when I read the announcement was a slightly cynical one too. I'm fully supportive of the game supporting the Trek spirit of inclusivity, but it does seem a little odd to me about how TP seems inconsistent or selective with their support/promotion. Celebrating pride month is great, yet Black history month (February) and Asian heritage month (May) seemed to have passed by without any support or fanfare, despite what has been going on in society. This only stands out to me because the other mobile game I play did celebrate both of those months, all of which are equally timely and in the same spirit of inclusivity (with plenty of great Trek actors/characters who could have been featured in similarly themed campaigns).
  • Arnie wrote: »

Especially after getting a free copy last year- would definitely raise interest you'd think!

I have Medic Jett Reno (who's actually decent in the current event) at 2/5 so I would have welcomed the opportunity to fill her out. I'm not likely to fork out $ for the 2-skill Jett.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    A few thoughts on fun themed campaigns:

Beam Me Up!
    • Emory Erickson
    • Transporter Chief Rand, Chief O'Brien, or Scared Scotty

Surprise Shipmates
    • Maquis Takeover Seska
    • Galen

Halloween
    • Dereth
    • M-113 Creature

Poignant Futures
    • Kamin Picard
    • Bestselling Author Jake Sisko

Sipping Jippers
    • Bounty Hunter Mudd
    • Android Mudd
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I’m on the fence with this one. A gold and purple citation, a handful of beholds, and other bonuses is something I hate to pass on, but the featured 5* crew is objectively bad, particularly on the heels of last month’s also 2 skill (and also DISCO) crew. The Georgiou from the last campaign keeps a shuttle seat warm for me, and that’s about it. I don’t think making it Medic Reno would have been game breaking. If they were determined to feature Reno, I think they should have realized their options were SEVERELY limited and either put Medic in the campaign or perhaps even made a new Reno crew. I have that Reno from a merit pull, and she just sits there taking up crew space while I work on functional crew. I’d have a 5/5 Reno by the end of the campaign TO FREEZE to open a crew slot, and that might be what knocks me off the fence to purchase the campaign.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Reward tiers 101-120 have been added to the next campaign. Nice! :)

And since this will lead us into the inevitable speculative conversation that has been tabled for several months... no, I do not believe this will be a permanent change. IMO, this is simply a sweetener to tempt folks that are disinclined to buy this month's campaign for various reasons.

I for one will enjoy getting another premium pull and super rare citation so this happening once in a while is a nice treat 😊
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Not that I care one way or the other, especially in a mobile game, but my first thought when I read the announcement was a slightly cynical one too. I'm fully supportive of the game supporting the Trek spirit of inclusivity, but it does seem a little odd to me about how TP seems inconsistent or selective with their support/promotion. Celebrating pride month is great, yet Black history month (February) and Asian heritage month (May) seemed to have passed by without any support or fanfare, despite what has been going on in society. This only stands out to me because the other mobile game I play did celebrate both of those months, all of which are equally timely and in the same spirit of inclusivity (with plenty of great Trek actors/characters who could have been featured in similarly themed campaigns).

IIRC, didnt Uhura and Georgiou specifically line up for those months?
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    And since this will lead us into the inevitable speculative conversation that has been tabled for several months... no, I do not believe this will be a permanent change. IMO, this is simply a sweetener to tempt folks that are disinclined to buy this month's campaign for various reasons.
    Yeah, it was a nice treat for the holidays, and again for Player's Choice. I don't expect it to be a regular thing, but I'm happy to see it return.

I was already planning to pick this up since I really like the character, and I figured she'd be a nice boost if we get DIS bridge crew events. But this seals the deal.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if the extended tiers were permanent; I was hoping they would be after the previous trial.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reward tiers 101-120 have been added to the next campaign. Nice! :)

And just because you like the extra tiers doesn't mean WRG is ignoring and disrespecting the players if they don't make it permanent.
  • I also think they're adding the tiers to entice those of us who weren't buying it the campaign this month. I'm still undecided on if I should buy it or not, I don't want to give them money for 2 skill cards as I don't find them useful.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelmed by the campaign content. 2x 2-skillers, with the standard reward being a recent event crew, and the premium track reward having a much better variant (that everyone got given 1* for last year). Would also have been happy with Flustered Jett and a different gold.

That being said, Jett will be useful for me personally by improving my quick attack slot in arena, and I lack some high scoring Eng. It wouldn't get me on premium usually, but the enhanced offer giving extra cites is enough to sway me.