Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Now I have to decide how much I believe in the "Even Without the 5* it is Still Valuable" Premium Campaign camp.....

d8x7kgawq4xm.jpg

Not sure her numbers support a send copy. Do they?

They don't. Her first copy would be probably be frozen once immortalized on my roster.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Now I have to decide how much I believe in the "Even Without the 5* it is Still Valuable" Premium Campaign camp.....

d8x7kgawq4xm.jpg

Not sure her numbers support a send copy. Do they?

They don't. Her first copy would be probably be frozen once immortalized on my roster.

Funny you should say that, as I got her first star a few months ago and I’ve been side-eyeing her for the airlock ever since. I guess she’ll be frozen another way now, so I’m happy about this.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I'll take a 5/5* Engineer primary. My med roster is firming up. Engineering needs attention now. She'll help me for a while.
    Edit- I'll be the one to point it out. The theme is Cyberneticist and she's not. She's a Warp Drive expert, though she is lacking the "Innovator" trait too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snooze. Boring picks.
    Let’s fly!
    I'm hoping for a Campaign release gold like Data for the 55th in September. Fingers crossed for Tribble pile Kirk and a Tribble collection.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Ummm, Leah is NOT a Cyberneticist. She's a Theoretical Propulsion Engineer. Works on Starship Engines, not Androids.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her Memory Alpha page says she has a Master of Cybernetics (but there's no episode reference for that...)

sr2g9208cdus.jpg

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Leah_Brahms
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw "cyberneticist" and immediately thought, "Geordi La Forge!"

Conditioned La Forge would be awesome! Maybe Assimilated La Forge or Musketeer La Forge? Would I consider a second Interfaced La Forge?

So seeing it was one of his bungled love interests was both awkward and hilarious. :)

She makes me wonder if a Cyberneticist collection is on the way. There are about 50 of them, although I don't know how ENG/SCI collection bonuses stack compared to the others right now.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw "cyberneticist" and immediately thought, "Geordi La Forge!"

Conditioned La Forge would be awesome! Maybe Assimilated La Forge or Musketeer La Forge? Would I consider a second Interfaced La Forge?

So seeing it was one of his bungled love interests was both awkward and hilarious. :)

She makes me wonder if a Cyberneticist collection is on the way. There are about 50 of them, although I don't know how ENG/SCI collection bonuses stack compared to the others right now.

You may compare all the collection bonuses by clicking on your avatar on the main screen, selecting the “Active Buffs” tab and then choosing “Collections” in the drop-down menu on the right:

ycihinl7zcwo.jpeg
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Her Memory Alpha page says she has a Master of Cybernetics (but there's no episode reference for that...)

sr2g9208cdus.jpg

If you click on the link for the Cybernetics degree, it states it was taken from an Okudagram screen cap. Hers has something to do with optics, so it really could simply be some technicality from how the various sub-disciplines are divided up.
    Physical Anthropology is classed as a Social Science, despite really being more aligned to biology, because the parent discipline is. My degree is a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and was awarded by my university's College of Arts and Humanities, even though my training would allow me to work in a medical examiner's office or a forensics lab! There's a reason anthropologists have a reputation for being odd.
    Brahms may simply have been interested in optics and that was where her degree was placed in the organisational structure. I would have thought it was Physics, but, if there is a hard engineering aspect, Cybernetics might be more reasonable. It doesn't mean she's more qualified to work on Data than any other engineer, unless his eyes were acting up!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

sr2g9208cdus.jpg

If you click on the link for the Cybernetics degree, it states it was taken from an Okudagram screen cap. Hers has something to do with optics, so it really could simply be some technicality from how the various sub-disciplines are divided up.
    Physical Anthropology is classed as a Social Science, despite really being more aligned to biology, because the parent discipline is. My degree is a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and was awarded by my university's College of Arts and Humanities, even though my training would allow me to work in a medical examiner's office or a forensics lab! There's a reason anthropologists have a reputation for being odd.
    Brahms may simply have been interested in optics and that was where her degree was placed in the organisational structure. I would have thought it was Physics, but, if there is a hard engineering aspect, Cybernetics might be more reasonable. It doesn't mean she's more qualified to work on Data than any other engineer, unless his eyes were acting up!

When I read it, I took the "Optical Technologies" to refer to Optronics and computer circuitry. As would be used in 24th century starship components. Just how my brain interpreted it.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Mine did too. That why Cybernetics seemed like a weird umbrella degree, but does Data, and those like him, use their equivalent of fiber optics for computing? Maybe she was looking at using that kind of tech in shipboard applications. AI enhanced data processing would be a good thing when dealing with antimatter.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    EnderW wrote: »

They've been moving TAS characters this year almost as much as they've been moving Tribble characters. I'd love to see M'ress and Em/3/Green as the featured crew in an animated theme campaign.

+1
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »

They've been moving TAS characters this year almost as much as they've been moving Tribble characters. I'd love to see M'ress and Em/3/Green as the featured crew in an animated theme campaign.

+1 2

• M'ress +1
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see... school has been done before. I don't know what Trek birthdays and anniversaries are in September. My calendar shows Hispanic heritage month. Maybe Rios and Culber are possibilities. Can't remember if Rios was already in a campaign. I have Culber at 4/5, so he's not really my first choice for game reasons. But you know who I really want? Ensign Tendi from Lower Decks is voiced by a Hispanic voice actor. And I want some Lower Deckers in the game. :)

Failing that, I can get on board with the TAS thing. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see... school has been done before. I don't know what Trek birthdays and anniversaries are in September. My calendar shows Hispanic heritage month. Maybe Rios and Culber are possibilities. Can't remember if Rios was already in a campaign. I have Culber at 4/5, so he's not really my first choice for game reasons. But you know who I really want? Ensign Tendi from Lower Decks is voiced by a Hispanic voice actor. And I want some Lower Deckers in the game. :)

No variants of either Culber or Rios have as yet featured in a campaign. So far, this month's Altan Inigo Soong is the only crew member from PIC to be in one.

I recall when PIC launched, that month's campaign featured Data and Troi, both of whom appeared that season. We've already seen Riker and we know Paris is gonna turn up so they feel likely-ish. It would be Riker's first campaign, and Paris's second. I don't think anyone would complain if the Paris was, shall we say, Mutated.
    edited August 2021
    I am guessing a tribbled crew combo like of 1701 O’Brien and Bashir. All relationships have their ups and downs, their relationship is tribbled. Shan said there could not be a fourth week of discount packs because there was not enough crew. Maybe that is because two would be featured in the next campaign?
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing a tribbled crew combo like of 1701 O’Brien and Bashir. All relationships have their ups and downs, their relationship is tribbled. Shan said there could not be a fourth week of discount packs because there was not enough crew. Maybe that is because two would be featured in the next campaign?

I ran the numbers in that thread. There weren't enough existing 4 star crew for 8 discount packs + 3 events(since they skipped the themed 4* in the last event). Also, if they were going to do a tribbled campaign, this month during the mega would have made more sense than next month.

She has a first name.

But, her besty was unaware.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

She has a first name.

I forgot her last name over the summer and I don't think I even knew her first name. And she's probably the character I enjoy most onscreen! (I unsurprisingly relate most to Boimler.) On a related note, I think a Visiting Tom Paris would be an easy card to whip up. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not one of the first from LD. Ditto Titan Riker and Troi. Of those three, only Riker currently has a variant in the gray shoulder uniform. I usually stick with "wishlist" rather than "speculation" but I'm feeling confident about this. Some combination of Paris, Riker, and or Troi, possibly with one of them being new.

She has a first name.

I forgot her last name over the summer and I don't think I even knew her first name. And she's probably the character I enjoy most onscreen! (I unsurprisingly relate most to Boimler.) On a related note, I think a Visiting Tom Paris would be an easy card to whip up. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not one of the first from LD. Ditto Titan Riker and Troi. Of those three, only Riker currently has a variant in the gray shoulder uniform. I usually stick with "wishlist" rather than "speculation" but I'm feeling confident about this. Some combination of Paris, Riker, and or Troi, possibly with one of them being new.

This season is off to a good start. Great episodes so far. And I love that the Pakleds of all people just low-key became the big galactic threat. Plus, we now know what happened to Spock Two. That would be a good card, as well. For the TAS Collection. Maybe do it like the Galactus foot in MAA when they did the April Fool's prank.

6qf8hpnf1ak7.jpg
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The day has finally arrived: I have the Campaign legendary FF'ed and I under no circumstances want to make another. And I just got the last two stars on the Keeper from the discount packs the first week of this Mega! Woe is me.*

I should say, the Keeper is a quiet but good Gauntlet card. I call him the Caretaker Killer, because as long as you don't get Eng, he can stand up to the Caretaker. He also has a special place in my heart because he was the first legendary I FE'ed (and boy was that difficult).

* - It's not really a big deal. Just messes with my citing plans.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    I already have Keeper immortalized. This is disappointing. Guess I will go another month without campaign. Hoping we get a better one soon.
    Let’s fly!
  • This is good for my alt account. My main one - Vina’s been immortalized for a while. I’m missing copies of numerous super rares and each month the campaign seems to always be a card I already have immortalized. So disappointing.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Horrible crew choices 😖 If you wanna make any good, plz add the add 20
    tiers to the campaign, like we have seen it before. Thx 😉
    5q8zdpcr7b64.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I have frozen the Keeper since I have him FF/FE :/
  • For the first time in forever I don't have the SR card FF. Still missing two stars.
    I have Keeper at 2/5 so this could be an opportunity to free up a crew slot...