Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, you got me. I can’t turn down the extended bonuses. I ain’t no fan of back-to-back lackluster two skiller DISCO crew, but the double cites and other bling got my ten bucks. That is my ONLY REASON for not skipping out on this. That’s some fine bribery you got goin on there, lol. Thank you!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think they're adding the tiers to entice those of us who weren't buying it the campaign this month. I'm still undecided on if I should buy it or not, I don't want to give them money for 2 skill cards as I don't find them useful.

You're getting two Legendary Cites, plus all the other stuff for $10. That might not be the best Jett, but she is a good choice for the fourth slot on a Dorka with three Sledgehammers in Admiral Division.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too tend to look down my nose at an crew who don't have three skills. But one or two skills is sufficient for faction and galaxy events, as well as shuttles in general. So if they have good bases, and event potential, they can still add value to your roster. (And they can do it while your other crew go off on more exciting voyages!)

My 3/5 Mirror Bashir doesn't see much use since SEC/ENG is an uncommon skill pair for shuttles. But my 4/5 Rura Penthe Kirk is going on shuttles all the time. Even if Jett Reno doesn't end up on my arena/skirmish crew, I bet she'll see her share of shuttles during the week, and I don't think we've seen the end of DIS bridge crew events.

Will I ever cite her? Probably not. I clearly haven't cited Kirk either. But I'm happy to FF either one if they pop up in a begold.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    A crazy number of the campaign crew we've had lately were either 1/5* FE or nearly so for me. Reno is as well. Four of the last seven, iirc.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve long advocated for the value of 2-skill cards for daily shuttles. We tend to focus on voyage potential in forum (and otherwhere) discussions, but as long as a 2-skill card has game value, I say “get ‘em”. Jett Reno’s highlights were nicely covered by others above - in brief, she should be a contributor on many rosters and will be a welcome card in her relevant events.

But saying she's valuable for daily shuttles is just saying daily shuttles don't matter(they don't). A random 3 skill crew who didn't make your current voyage can fill a daily shuttle seat. And success on daily shuttles doesn't matter because it adjusts difficulty anyway.

If you want to argue for the campaign because of 2 cites, go ahead. If you want to argue for Reno because of collections or future DIS event potential, go ahead. But daily shuttles is not a reason to get any crew.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    Not so much speculation, but more of a request. Can we please have something other than Disco the next campaign? Three campaigns in a row have been Disco crew. Thank you!

I'd take a Picard theme- Activated Dahj, Exec Director Hugh or Mr. Sinister himself...
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Trollita wrote: »
    Not so much speculation, but more of a request. Can we please have something other than Disco the next campaign? Three campaigns in a row have been Disco crew. Thank you!

I'd take a Picard theme- Activated Dahj, Exec Director Hugh or Mr. Sinister himself...

All excellent crew. I wouldn t mind. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wouldn't be a bad choice considering we just got the promos for Picard season 2. Do Picard for August and TOS for September, maybe with Enterprise in October, since that series will be 20.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Hugh would be awesome!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    I want more Archer (always more Archer and Sisko). In order to satisfy people who want power cards and Archer enthusiasts (we exist), can we get Humbled Archer? Alternatively, anything that isn't Ushaan Archer would be great!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    I want more Archer (always more Archer and Sisko). In order to satisfy people who want power cards and Archer enthusiasts (we exist), can we get Humbled Archer? Alternatively, anything that isn't Ushaan Archer would be great!

I would be good with either Puppy Archer or Insect-Nurse Archer (gotta love that Med-Eng trait order, even on a less than strong card).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something not two skilled.
    Let’s fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but I've been chuckling for almost a minute over Captain Scott as a campaign crew. Well played, Zombie Squirrel. :D
  • edited June 2021
    I'd actually pony up for a Captain Scott Campaign. Probably the only way I'm ever gonna fully fuse that 2/5* Scotsman... never been able to bring myself to airlocking him, och, the wee bairn. :wink:
  • Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭

So Captain Scott then? ;)

0jv4c3tscftb.jpeg

Don't give them any ideas please 😅
    Just give me some Lower Decks avatars and I will be happy.
    Let’s fly!
  • M'ress thats what i want
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

So Captain Scott then? ;)

0jv4c3tscftb.jpeg

I'm afraid this would create too many Arena walls. His 4s accuracy plus passive accuracy would make him a top choice. I'm gonna have to go with @(HGH)Apollo on the Lower Decks request. I've been wanting those crew since episode 1 aired. The series will be starting season 2 in August, so it would be ok to break the normal "existing crew only" rule to celebrate both season 2 and finally adding Lower Decks to the game.
    Farewell 🖖
    We have Scrooge Data. Maybe we could get a Timelines’ Original Tiny Tim Kim.
    Let’s fly!
    Janeway is certainly Scrooging the promotions.

Starport
    What about Captain Scott, but with a rework to make him the Engineering version of Bones and Tribble? Single Skill, but huge Stats in that Skill.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Captain Scott, but with a rework to make him the Engineering version of Bones and Tribble? Single Skill, but huge Stats in that Skill.

The amount of complaints generated by redoing his stats would never be worth it. Everyone who passed on him in a behold would complain and ask for a copy. It would be easier to just create a new 1 skill Scotty variant than reworking the existing one.
    AviTrek wrote: »

The amount of complaints generated by redoing his stats would never be worth it. Everyone who passed on him in a behold would complain and ask for a copy. It would be easier to just create a new 1 skill Scotty variant than reworking the existing one.

Excellent point. I forgot that outrage is the default player setting! :D:D