Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'd like to see an Enterprise-related campaign in September in honour of its 20th anniversary.

I like that!

Imprinted Archer and Desert T'Pol provide less common skill sets, and touch on two of the series' major arcs: the Xindi and Vulcans.

Probably more popular would be the shirtless duo of Humbled Archer and Geskana Tucker. This Archer has great stats, albeit for a more common skillset, and while I believe this Tucker will hit the portal soon, plenty of folks won't have him FFed.

If WRG wanted to consider a slight tweak in the format, what if Ushaan Archer was the legendary–here me out!–and taking the SR slot was Ushaan Shran. This card is old enough it wouldn't be unbalancing to have a legendary there, and despite the old stats I'm sure many newer players will get some use out of him. Could be an interesting experiment for "depreciated" legendries.

This is amazing. It would be something different for an anniversary.
    They could do a player's choice campaign of a behold of three set crew, letting you pick each time. If it was the right crew, you could even finish THREE crew.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably more popular would be the shirtless duo of Humbled Archer and Geskana Tucker.

I hear it's pretty warm in North America right now, so suitable choices thematically if that is the criterion.

giphy.gif
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably more popular would be the shirtless duo of Humbled Archer and Geskana Tucker.

I hear it's pretty warm in North America right now, so suitable choices thematically if that is the criterion.

giphy.gif

It was in the 90s here yesterday.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • JC022JC022 ✭✭
    Twilight T'Pol... have her at 5/5 :(
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, one for the Vulcan collection, she will be number 39. I have her at 1/5, so will be bought.

She is has a good skill set for voyages, I don't think I have that combination in a 5/5.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got her 1/5, so I’m happy again! 😃

For those who don’t have her, she’s pretty solid. As good of a Med gauntleter as you can get; I use her almost as much as my Defensive Phlox.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! ENT and TNG!

I’ve this T’Pol at 4/5, so I like being able to finish her and have a cite to spare. I’ve Q at 4/4,, but he’s going to be great for people who don’t have him. That guy ruins peoples’ days in Gauntlet. I still use him quite a bit.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    JC022 wrote: »
    Twilight T'Pol... have her at 5/5 :(

Me too. Disappointed. Got her when there was a 390 pack with her. She is a very good gauntleter but generally loses to defensive phlox.
    Let’s fly!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her at 3/5, but MED is a weak area for me so I'm considering.

I also like the mechanics-based theme. I really like the broad mix of themes they use for campaigns. :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    At least a legendary 3 skill crew, but stats wise(bases/voyages) really weak,
    except [Prof] for gauntlet, but you only need 1* here.
    North Star or EV Suit T‘Pol would have been the better call.
    zagqo1b5w7ah.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    At least a legendary 3 skill crew, but stats wise(bases/voyages) really weak,
    except [Prof] for gauntlet, but you only need 1* here.
    North Star or EV Suit T‘Pol would have been the better call.
    zagqo1b5w7ah.jpeg

At least it’s better than two months of two-skiller Disco chaff. You’re not wrong, though.
  • Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    I have her at 3/5. I'm glad I waited before using any of my citations because she was on my list.
    Mine's 1/5* and FF, so this is an easy yes. I get another immortal gold and MED bump out of it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her at 3/5. I'm glad I waited before using any of my citations because she was on my list.

Same on both counts. I already have 2 immortalized copies of Q, but the 800 honor will help rebuild my stockpile.
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    The problem with Gauntlet crew in Campaigns/giveaways is that it instantly makes them useless as everyone will have the crew. I already have her at 5/5 and she sometimes doesn't even make the cut on MED voyages, if you have Twilight Tpol at 1/2 stars and/or you like the crew/need MED, IMO it's worth it but don't expect you'll get some super valuable addition to your roster. New players will benefit the most, for Veterans it's not worth it unless you're a collector.
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    The problem with Gauntlet crew in Campaigns/giveaways is that it instantly makes them useless as everyone will have the crew. I already have her at 5/5 and she sometimes doesn't even make the cut on MED voyages, if you have Twilight Tpol at 1/2 stars and/or you like the crew/need MED, IMO it's worth it but don't expect you'll get some super valuable addition to your roster. New players will benefit the most, for Veterans it's not worth it unless you're a collector.

It does not make them useless. Do you even Gauntlet? Get good or get out.
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    [/quote] It does not make them useless. Do you even Gauntlet? Get good or get out.[/quote]

Trust me, I have the 20k won rounds achievement, countless wins and every Gauntlet gold at least once at 5/5. I'm not sure how you've managed to miss the walls and walls of the same crew (e.g. Picard as he was in a campaign and a mega) but it makes your crew worth less the more people have it (compare Picard to Gary 7 or Phlox for example, how often do you have walls of Gary 7?). The campaign is still fine and valuable for new players/collectors but if you're buying it for Gauntlet prowess, you may be disappointed. I'd still recommend it for new players though.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Useless" was hyperbolic, otherwise you wouldn't even recommend new players buy the campaign. It reduces the value, for sure. But the only thing worse than hitting a gauntlet wall is not even having crew that can have a 40% chance to overcome said wall. There is certainly a use, but Defensive and Mirror Phlox's will be more valuable in beating those walls.
    Farewell 🖖
    I'm mostly looking at her to clear a node. I still need the Caregiver/Geneticist MED node in Epic.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have this T’pol yet. She was the rank reward in an expedition event, and I bailed out of that one early. I’ll be glad to add her as a 4/5 because variant depth with main cast crew is always good for events. Just my two strips.
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    It does not make them useless. Do you even Gauntlet? Get good or get out.[/quote]

Trust me, I have the 20k won rounds achievement, countless wins and every Gauntlet gold at least once at 5/5. I'm not sure how you've managed to miss the walls and walls of the same crew (e.g. Picard as he was in a campaign and a mega) but it makes your crew worth less the more people have it (compare Picard to Gary 7 or Phlox for example, how often do you have walls of Gary 7?). The campaign is still fine and valuable for new players/collectors but if you're buying it for Gauntlet prowess, you may be disappointed. I'd still recommend it for new players though. [/quote]

A very valid point. Those walls of Locutus are disheartening to say the least. OOOF. HOWEVER, I think what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. We should have Locutus as the next campaign. :3 *ducks!*
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    So my guess is Tribble herder scotty and 1701 Dax.
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

Be a good tie-in to the Mega.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited July 2021
    I could also see them maybe doing Trader Worf and Trader Odo
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Of course, by the time you have Scottie Fused up, Mega will be winding down.

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got my first Tribble Herder Scotty. This would be pretty great for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭

I just got my first Tribble Herder Scotty. This would be pretty great for me.

I was about to retrieve my second star for him, then decided to wait until the announcement is made. It would be a great campaign and would make me buy it again.
    Shan wrote: »

Now I have to decide how much I believe in the "Even Without the 5* it is Still Valuable" Premium Campaign camp.....

d8x7kgawq4xm.jpg

Not sure her numbers support a send copy. Do they?