Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2/5 Keeper had never been happier!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a missed opportunity. Arne Darvin or 1701 O’Brien would have sold like crazy for people trying to do the tribbled collection and would have also gotten more players to buy the recap packs. But maybe they figure this will help players with exobiology and recaps that way. Keeper is just so old though.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see... school has been done before. I don't know what Trek birthdays and anniversaries are in September. My calendar shows Hispanic heritage month. Maybe Rios and Culber are possibilities. Can't remember if Rios was already in a campaign. I have Culber at 4/5, so he's not really my first choice for game reasons. But you know who I really want? Ensign Tendi from Lower Decks is voiced by a Hispanic voice actor. And I want some Lower Deckers in the game. :)

Failing that, I can get on board with the TAS thing. :)

She has a first name.

But, her besty was unaware.......

I forgot her last name over the summer and I don't think I even knew her first name. And she's probably the character I enjoy most onscreen! (I unsurprisingly relate most to Boimler.) On a related note, I think a Visiting Tom Paris would be an easy card to whip up. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not one of the first from LD. Ditto Titan Riker and Troi. Of those three, only Riker currently has a variant in the gray shoulder uniform. I usually stick with "wishlist" rather than "speculation" but I'm feeling confident about this. Some combination of Paris, Riker, and or Troi, possibly with one of them being new.

And, the 800th episode of Star Trek taught that {apparently} one Caitian year is equal to seven Vulcan years.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My level 80 1/5* Keeper is very excited. Another immortal gold this time next month.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    My level 80 1/5* Keeper is very excited. Another immortal gold this time next month.

Good luck with equipping his levels 80 thru 100. :|
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Keeper at 3/5. I haven't decided if I will reopen my wallet.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the Keeper at all. I have Vina at 2/4. I expect for Voyages to give me my final two copies before the Campaign does.

I'm a little tempted to buy the Campaign. He's a good gauntlet crew and part of the Exobiology collection but he'll be of limited use otherwise. I skipped the last campaign because Brahms is an entirely unremarkable crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Keeper at 3/5 but I am not interested to have 2 of them....

Will have to think about it little more....
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get a good campaign again?
    Let’s fly!
  • Will we ever get a good campaign again?

October two new crew. The pipe cleaner aliens from the TOS Halloween episode.

EDIT: "CATSPAW"

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

Please!!! I’ve been asking for those two for so long!!!!!

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    I have Keeper at 3/5 but I am not interested to have 2 of them....

Will have to think about it little more....

I'm gonna pass. My Keeper is also at 3/5, and I have Vina at 2/4. I can continue being patient. That's $9.99 I can put toward expanding my Bogie library. Them discs ain't gonna buy themselves.

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

I don't wanna say what I just thought of looking at both pictures of them. Because if CBSV/TP/WRG/DB does it people might be unhappy at the resources needed. But one of the "Human" forms {the male I would say} as a 4* and the other as a 5* opens up that fun thing that never goes wrong and never causes controversy!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Will we ever get a good campaign again?

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

I don't wanna say what I just thought of looking at both pictures of them. Because if CBSV/TP/WRG/DB does it people might be unhappy at the resources needed. But one of the "Human" forms {the male I would say} as a 4* and the other as a 5* opens up that fun thing that never goes wrong and never causes controversy!!!!!

Uh, message me privately because even after 20+ years of learning about all manner of things on the internet, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say and if it's as controversial as all that, I simply must know!

I think he is subtly referring to fused crew - especially 4* fusing with 5* crew, but I am not sure what the actual, final fused crew would be in this case...
    ALeeRocks wrote: »

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

Uh, message me privately because even after 20+ years of learning about all manner of things on the internet, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say and if it's as controversial as all that, I simply must know!

I think he is subtly referring to fused crew - especially 4* fusing with 5* crew, but I am not sure what the actual, final fused crew would be in this case...

Yeah, I got that the screen would slide the one with the raised phallic-like wand toward the other. That was obvious. What I didn't was get the never goes wrong and is so controversial bit. In society in general? On this forum? Middle school? Maybe my thresholds for such things are just higher than @DScottHewitt's?

I meant Fusing the Human ones to make the PipeCleaners together as a 5*
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

Yeah, I got that the screen would slide the one with the raised phallic-like wand toward the other. That was obvious. What I didn't was get the never goes wrong and is so controversial bit. In society in general? On this forum? Middle school? Maybe my thresholds for such things are just higher than @DScottHewitt's?

Seriously? Why would you use pejorative language such as “PipeCleaners”? This was not cool, and I thought you knew better.

I have been wrong about many things in my life, many times, but one thing I will not tolerate is the use of language to make someone else seem lesser. There is absolutely no excuse for not treating a fellow human being with respect.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • edited August 2021

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

Seriously? Why would you use pejorative language such as “PipeCleaners”? This was not cool, and I thought you knew better.

I have been wrong about many things in my life, many times, but one thing I will not tolerate is the use of language to make someone else seem lesser. There is absolutely no excuse for not treating a fellow human being with respect.

I didn’t think there were any intentional insults going around, just the fact that Sylvia and Korob’s ‘true forms’ look like pipe cleaners 🖖🖖🖖🖖 🖖

Fun Fact, if you look close enough when watching the episode you may be able to see the strings used to make them move!! :lol:

3qbhxdidtfgc.jpeg

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

I didn’t think there were any intentional insults going around, just the fact that Sylvia and Korob’s ‘true forms’ look like pipe cleaners 🖖🖖🖖🖖 🖖

Fun Fact, if you look close enough when watching the episode you may be able to see the strings used to make them move!! :lol:

3qbhxdidtfgc.jpeg

The insult(s) were in the context of the comment. @DScottHewitt has a long history of saying things like this, so I called that person out on it.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

I gave in and looked it up. Definitions seem to be all over the place, but the consistent thing is that my formal statement on the matter is as follows:
    mrwluja0tznm.jpg
    edited August 2021

68g0r5xe7tli.jpg

59tsydiivpr6.jpeg

3qbhxdidtfgc.jpeg

The insult(s) were in the context of the comment. @DScottHewitt has a long history of saying things like this, so I called that person out on it.

Now see? I took your original response as a JOKE, since I thought you knew I was referring to the little puppets that definitely were not the best work the effects people ever did, and look like parts of them were made using pipecleaners. Did not even know you seriously missed the joke.

In case anyone else is too young to remember when pipecleaners were a thing.

g9qler3ouwvx.jpg

People still use them for arts & crafts.

Sometimes a smegging cigar is just a smegging cigar.........
    edited August 2021
    I admit, I thought his first response was a joke too.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Catspaw_(episode)
    Could you both calm down? They literally were made with pipe cleaners! A fact is not an insult. The truth might hurt, but it is still the truth. Referring to them as the pipe cleaner aliens, is like referring the Horta or Excalibians as rock aliens. It is a good comparison that helps ID them specifically. If anything, it pokes fun at the prop maker.
    My sister referred to one of my cats as the "skunk baby" his entire life and has since, because Tarquinus had the misfortune of being a long haired, black and white cat who had a blaze that reached the back of his head and then picked up again on his back and tail. The vet told me she didn't do "exotics" when I took him and his brother and sister in for baby shots. It got awkward when I plopped the poor little guy out where you could see more than his big, fluffy, striped tail.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    I admit, I thought his first response was a joke too.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Catspaw_(episode)
    Could you both calm down? They literally were made with pipe cleaners! A fact is not an insult. The truth might hurt, but it is still the truth. Referring to them as the pipe cleaner aliens, is like referring the Horta or Excalibians as rock aliens. It is a good comparison that helps ID them specifically. If anything, it pokes fun at the prop maker.
    My sister referred to one of my cats as the "skunk baby" his entire life and has since, because Tarquinus had the misfortune of being a long haired, black and white cat who had a blaze that reached the back of his head and then picked up again on his back and tail. The vet told me she didn't do "exotics" when I took him and his brother and sister in for baby shots. It got awkward when I plopped the poor little guy out where you could see more than his big, fluffy, striped tail.

That's okay. I made the mistake of assuming some things about Human intelligence. Won't happen again. If everything I say has to be TWISTED in other to fit a narrative and an agenda, then so be it. There will be no further ammunition.

edited August 2021
    Since we know what September will bring, let's go for October.
    We got Eerie Encounters with Proto Barclay and the M-113 Creature the first Halloween and Haunted Heroines last year with Pah-Wrath Keiko and Tieran New. I'd call Caldos Crusher as the 5*. She'd be perfect. She's newish, but in the portal. Good stats, too. Ideas on the purple or a theme?

Maybe Author Jake with a "The Visited" theme?
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

My top choice would be something themed around the "horrors within."
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Prisoner O'Brien

Both are very solid crew, even if they aren't at the tippy top of their respective strengths (which is rare for campaign legendaries). La Forge should be powerful enough to attract a fair number of folks who don't care about theming.

I wouldn't mind a Sord/Gorn combo for big ol' monsters. I could maybe see subbing in Mr. Vup since fewer people are likely to have that card.

Dark Empath Troi and Ardra would be a fun theme, and no doubt a popular one.

Dr. Korby and Dejaren would be a creepy pairing. And I'm sure folks wouldn't mind another android with PIC S2 on the horizon.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    I was wrong, and I apologize, @DScottHewitt .

My top choice would be something themed around the "horrors within."
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Prisoner O'Brien

Both are very solid crew, even if they aren't at the tippy top of their respective strengths (which is rare for campaign legendaries). La Forge should be powerful enough to attract a fair number of folks who don't care about theming.

I wouldn't mind a Sord/Gorn combo for big ol' monsters. I could maybe see subbing in Mr. Vup since fewer people are likely to have that card.

Dark Empath Troi and Ardra would be a fun theme, and no doubt a popular one.

Dr. Korby and Dejaren would be a creepy pairing. And I'm sure folks wouldn't mind another android with PIC S2 on the horizon.

Oooh, those are all good too. It's hard to pick a favorite. A costumed/alter ego theme could work, like T'Mir and Kamin Picard or Breen Dukat/Breen Kira. I guess it isn't a surprise that a Sci-fi series has a lot of options at Halloween. :p
  • I still hope that we might get a Mutated Paris as the campaign 4* for October. I have Evolved Janeway immortal, but I also have a dupe at 3/5*. For those who have just started the project a free 4/4* Paris would be very valuable :)
    I was wrong, and I apologize, @DScottHewitt .

Thank you. I seriously know NOTHING about urban slang. I am 54 years old and speak Southron English!

Have a great day, my friend!