Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Roger Korby and Ruk would be a nice homage to Frankenstein.
    I like that!

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Roger Korby and Ruk would be a nice homage to Frankenstein.
    I like that!

That is good. I hope that gets used. It has to now. If not this year, then next please!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Nov 21 is the 90th anniversary of the Boris Karloff film. Maybe we need a Halloween double feature! Might also work for one of the rare events that includes a past legendary.

Edit: Granted, campaigns are probably planned out several months in advance.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nov 21 is the 90th anniversary of the Boris Karloff film. Maybe we need a Halloween double feature! Might also work for one of the rare events that includes a past legendary.

Edit: Granted, campaigns are probably planned out several months in advance.

As an aside, I've always gotten a kick out of the fact Universal saw fit to release Dracula on Valentine's Day that year. I'm planning on gorging on my Universal Monsters box set in October. Looking forward to that.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it's been most of a month; time for speculation to recommence!

Since they've announced the soon-to-arrive Primal Collection, I've been assuming that will be the theme for the October Campaign. There are only five* legendaries with the Primal trait and one (Protomorphosis Barlcay) was used in the first October Campaign back in 2019.

That leaves: Protomorphosis Worf, Ripper, Loque'eque Sato, and Mugato. I REALLY hope it's Sato, because I want to finish the Delphic Expanse Collection but don't want to waste cits on her. I could live with Worf too, since I have him at one star. I don't see Mugato as a likely card; far too weak and obscure of a character to be a good fit. But Ripper, who I have FF'ed, could easily be it; when his number is called, he's a great shuttler but is otherwise freezer bait.

There is always the chance this will be the second new card campaign, like Scrooge Data from 2019. If so, there are Protomorphosis Troi (amphibian) and Protomorphosis Ogawa (hominid) from the same TNG episode. As well, there's Archer, Malcolm, and T'Pol as Loque'eque from the episode Extinction.

Thoughts? Ideas? Other Primal characters you can think of and would like to see added?

* - There is a sixth Primal legendary, Evolved Janeway; I'm confident in ruling her out since she a fusion card.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Can t wait for a campaign with another 2016 stats legendary. Sooooo thrilled….

How about Lore, or Lincoln or The Professor?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Anxious Kirk and Faltoran Spock. Or Dexa and Neelix.
    Let’s fly!
    A primal theme would be a great tie in with both the season and the new collection. I'm up for any of the golds besides Barclay.
    Any combo of crew with electronics make up would also be a great nod to Mike Westmore, Jr's 55th birthday the 23rd. Interfaced Geordi and someone else would be good.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mugato is the only primal crew I need 4 copies of and he/they(?) would fit in with the caliber of legendaries lately. So who knows but we should find out tomorrow:). Not to complain, I buy the premium track regardless. Have the dupes to prove it and now just need a slot sale to buy tons of slots :-) I like to be divisible by 3. Either going for 390 or 450. Skipping 420 🙅🏼! Am hoping for October crew slot sale. Would also be super fun if we got another new crew ala Scrooge.
  • EnderW wrote: »
    That leaves: Protomorphosis Worf, Ripper, Loque'eque Sato, and Mugato. I REALLY hope it's Sato, because I want to finish the Delphic Expanse Collection but don't want to waste cits on her.
    Primal does fit Halloween well, and I'd pick up Sato as well for the collection. I did grab four cheap Loque'eque polestars, but I'm fine eating that ISM if she pops up in a campaign.

There are lots of fun Halloween options in Star Trek outside of Primal as well.
    EnderW wrote: »
    Thoughts? Ideas? Other Primal characters you can think of and would like to see added?
    I have a list here. I like most of them as characters, although as cards few of them are likely to be more than a SEC/CMD two-skiller. Although a Bone-esq one-skill SEC could be fun.

Starport
  • Very excited! Both about Emory, and the Mega tease!

Starport
    Emory is on a short list of missing Enterprise crew, so I'm happy to see him.
    The Daystrom Award is one of only four collections that need expanded (M60). I just updated my list last night! A fifth is closing in on a milestone.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I had my heart set on a primal theme! :D

This will get Erickson FF'ed for me, so I'm actually happy.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • An improvement.
    7iweyb7kzu0l.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like him and don’t have him. Much better campaign than others we have been having.
    Let’s fly!
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    I like him and don’t have him. Much better campaign than others we have been having.

I love the character and have had him at 3 stars for the longest of time, so appreciate that i can finally finish him
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Is it time to start speculating yet? Asking for a friend.....
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I speculate that it will either be Medic Jett Reno or 23rd Century Martok. I have five good reasons each. Will settle for Merry Men Crusher. I also have four good reasons for her but also a bad one.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I have an TAS theme in my head. How about M'Ress and Aleek-Om? There are a bunch of options for the SR but M'Ress would definitely be a crowd favorite.

Could also do Primal; nothing says November like Protomorphosis Worf and Protomorphosis Riker running through the Enterprise! :D
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's exciting. I stopped buying the campaign in March. The only one I bought since then was June's for the extra citation. And this last week I have let my monthly card expire. First time in years I haven't renewed it, I likely won't.
    I fear I am one step out the door. Looking for something to impress me.
  • Whatever it is, plz make campaigns regulary 120 tiers. Thx
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    Whatever it is, plz make campaigns regulary 120 tiers. Thx

I like the idea, but they would have to add Accolades somewhere. It would be impossible for VIP0 accounts to finish a Campaign without dilithium otherwise.
    120 Tiers /4 Tiers a Day= 30 Days
    Campaign= 28 days
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tommy Gun Dixon 4 *, and Nyota Uhura 5*.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is disappointing. I like the card (ie: Uhura), but she's not strong in any capacity. :/
    Interesting. Dixion is Honor, but I think that Uhura is the last one of her I'm missing.