Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Sahil is 13th for CMD base. Since mine is 1/5*, I'm very happy. I can finish him, pick up a cite, and all the goodies. Still miss the equipment boxes.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • [...] I do not think the game developers are going to hold off doing a lot of Season Four characters because of the issues beyond their control. It's a bad situation all around.

Oh sure, and personally I don't expect WRG to hold off cards they've probably had in development for a significant amount of time. It's just another thing for us non-USA/Canada fans to be aware of, that if we continue to engage in the game in the period when we can't access the show, we're likely to come across spoilers for the new season. I would say it's a lot more difficult to turn off the game (unless you're at that point...) than it is to mute a hashtag.

One thing I have enjoyed in amongst all of this anguish is the mock-up VHS covers some fans have made on Twitter - nostalgia!
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Well that answers my question whether we would have Season 4 characters when it's not airing anywhere outside of USA or Canada. Spoilers ahead I guess...

I'm worried about this too. I think this Tilly has already been shown in promotional material leading up to the new season, so passes go this time, but going forward... :s

I know a lot of people are upset. Hopefully Paramount can work out the international stuff quickly. It sounds they ARE trying to get on the air in as many overseas venues as fast as possible. Sounds like a lot of the hold up is licensing and such.

But, I do not think the game developers are going to hold off doing a lot of Season Four characters because of the issues beyond their control. It's a bad situation all around.

There is nothing to work out. Paramount+ is launching internationally in January. Discovery will be on Paramount+. There is nothing anyone is working on to release the show before Paramount+ launches.

I just read posts people had made saying that there were issues with the service going international {believable with the way governments regulate stuff. Especially different countries having different laws and regulations.} I'm glad to know that people only have to wait until January, although I am still bummed international fans have to wait. And the short time between the announcement and the first episode is really harsh. I imagine people would have been less mad if they had announced months ago about the wait. People would have had time to adjust, that way.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for featuring new cards in the campaign
  • Well that answers my question whether we would have Season 4 characters when it's not airing anywhere outside of USA or Canada. Spoilers ahead I guess...

I was worried about that, too. I guess this one isn't so bad because it's a promo image that has been going around and the announcement only came in a few days ago.
    Well that answers my question whether we would have Season 4 characters when it's not airing anywhere outside of USA or Canada. Spoilers ahead I guess...

I'm worried about this too. I think this Tilly has already been shown in promotional material leading up to the new season, so passes go this time, but going forward... :s

I know a lot of people are upset. Hopefully Paramount can work out the international stuff quickly. It sounds they ARE trying to get on the air in as many overseas venues as fast as possible. Sounds like a lot of the hold up is licensing and such.

But, I do not think the game developers are going to hold off doing a lot of Season Four characters because of the issues beyond their control. It's a bad situation all around.

There is nothing to work out. Paramount+ is launching internationally in January. Discovery will be on Paramount+. There is nothing anyone is working on to release the show before Paramount+ launches.

May I ask where you got the January date from? All I've read so far is "early 2022" which may as well mean April.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that is fortunate. Campaign tier 95 pull

qe62bt1as4ug.jpg

I've had a similar thing before- wonder if they're more likely to come up in such situations.

As a European fan, I'm not paying for anything Discovery related on the back of this. Be it a campaign, or Paramount+ when it airs.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

May I ask where you got the January date from? All I've read so far is "early 2022" which may as well mean April.

I’m surprised by that statement as well. In fact I can’t even find “early 2022”. The best I’ve found is “2022”, which may wel mean December.

And apparently it isn’t going to be Paramount+ but “SkyShowTime”, at least where I live.

A frustrating situation and although I understand that WRG may not be able to prevent spoilers in the game, it would be a negative influence on the playing experience.
    Well, that is fortunate. Campaign tier 95 pull

qe62bt1as4ug.jpg

hudsp5n1nolw.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Porthos and Archer. Decent 5* crew to finish 2021. :)
    Risa Bashir as 4* is nice as well, pack exclusive crew, which i don t have yet.

id3a9l7wi6bg.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Artistically, I love the combination of these two! It's hilarious seeing them side-by-side holding very different things.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    Lol, I've been waiting on an Archer Campaign all year to give me a gold Archer to finish out my main character set. Did Imprinted with Retrieval to get one done. This will give me two Archers and Janeway becomes the only captain/star without two immortal golds in my roster. Oh, well.
    I can probably finish a Janeway to balance it out next year. I'll need at least one Pike soon, really two. Projects, projects, projects.
    The Bashir is another one to finish too. :)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I’m happy to have need of both campaign characters for once. Good choices!
  • Don t have her yet, so all fine. Not great, but not horrible as well.
    x9uncjlz7bz0.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No collection, no money. That's the rules. Also the "Casual" event is over.

I think Kay Eaton would be a much better choice because she looks like she's already sloshed. And she's carrying a full pitcher which means she wants everyone to party.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    I'm very happy. It will give me an immortal gold Tilly and Bagman Odo leaves me with just Yates to finish "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang". It works for me.
    robownage wrote: »
    Can't say I'm upset about getting Bagman Odo for free.

Second month I needed Stars in a row. Great they include Ones not in Portal yet.

Although the Update is reportedly pending.

Also a Legendary Tilly I don't have!

9e9sxwa1c27u.gif
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaign is nearing end.... so who will be next...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    HaBlack wrote: »

I should be able to announce it today, but feel free to speculate :D

Valentines Theme!
    Timicin and Festive Lwaxana
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    HaBlack wrote: »

I should be able to announce it today, but feel free to speculate :D

Valentines Theme!
    Timicin and Festive Lwaxana
    Romantic Andorians theme!
    Ushaan @Shan , er, Shran and Talas
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Talas has been in a campaign previously.

There's a wedding pair for Worf/Dax.

Shame Bridal Troi and Keiko don't have equivalents for Riker and O'Brien.

While I think the Tucker/T'Pol romance is the worst part of ENT, they could still be an appropriate pairing for Valentines. Maybe a Vash/Picard pair as well.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be Andorians. Jhamel and a super rare Shran.
    Let’s fly!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like that. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Should have figured it was commemorating Black History Month; they've always done that for the campaign that begins in February. And this is a solid selection: Tribble Uhura is a great shuttler with a commonly used Pri-Sec trait pair. And that's in addition to her three collections. I'm good with this (especially since I have her at 2 stars).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Yeah, I'd jump on any campaign with an Andorian as the legendary reward.

Starport