Home The Bridge
Options

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice voyages stats, new #6th overall and new #1 for main skill combo.
    75j3bo15pqg6.jpeg
    7v9q0yx323ve.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cited Ogawa as soon as I recruited her, so I can't buy the premium tracks and airlock 4 copies... Is it possible to buy the second premium track alone? I can't remember, I thought it was possible, but I also think the buy buttons is for the first and both tracks (the second being available individually only if you bought the first premium)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I cited Ogawa as soon as I recruited her, so I can't buy the premium tracks and airlock 4 copies... Is it possible to buy the second premium track alone? I can't remember, I thought it was possible, but I also think the buy buttons is for the first and both tracks (the second being available individually only if you bought the first premium)

Yes, they do continue to throw money down the toilet by discouraging people to do the Uber Track who already have the Premium Track Legendary done. This was discussed last Campaign. And it was pointed out to them it is actually costing them sales.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good voyage stats as Mr Squirrel says, but there are also four good voyage traits, Romulan, Duelist, Hero and Desperate.

Just a pity he is another cmd/dip/sec.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they do continue to throw money down the toilet by discouraging people to do the Uber Track who already have the Premium Track Legendary done. This was discussed last Campaign. And it was pointed out to them it is actually costing them sales.......

Sometimes things aren’t going to work for everyone. I had misgivings about the last two campaigns as well. The first campaign was questionable as well since Rios is just slurping up crew space for me right now and would almost be better if I cashed him in for 2200 honour.

This one is easy to skip. I like Elnor as a character but a Voyage monster isn’t really what I need. Hitting 12 hours is nice but it’s not going to radically improve my ability to get the few remaining 4*s I need. I could’ve had Braxton or Breen Kira ages ago and haven’t bothered with them.

Next month is just a wait and see.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful but he's cmd/dip/sec.

Or this is the third Uber track, they're still collecting the data from the second, and they don't want to make a change based on a couple forum posts before getting a chance to look at their sales data for all players.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Ogawa FF and highly recommend her. Even though I've given MED/SEC some priority in my roster, she stands head-and-shoulders above them.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I was really chomping at the bit for a Strange New Worlds campaign... oh well, there's always next month!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some feedback for WRG:

I'd be interested in buying the Uber track next month, but since the premium track crew is someone I already have immortalized, I'm not inclined to buy either/both. A decision that would normally cost you $10 per player is now costing you $25.

Since I don't suppose you want to allow the Uber track to be purchasable separately, perhaps a good middle ground is putting the premium track crew in a behold as you've done with the uber track crew. That would allow your biggest spenders (the ones most likely to run into this immortal crew situation) to continue giving you money.
    +1, especially for the behold suggestion in the second paragraph
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Some feedback for WRG:

I'd be interested in buying the Uber track next month, but since the premium track crew is someone I already have immortalized, I'm not inclined to buy either/both. A decision that would normally cost you $10 per player is now costing you $25.

Since I don't suppose you want to allow the Uber track to be purchasable separately, perhaps a good middle ground is putting the premium track crew in a behold as you've done with the uber track crew. That would allow your biggest spenders (the ones most likely to run into this immortal crew situation) to continue giving you money.
    +1, especially for the behold suggestion in the second paragraph

+87 The BeGold thing would solve the main issue people are expressing that is holding them back from buying the Uber! Already having the Premium Legendary FF or too close to spend to get the copies.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Sometimes things aren’t going to work for everyone. I had misgivings about the last two campaigns as well. The first campaign was questionable as well since Rios is just slurping up crew space for me right now and would almost be better if I cashed him in for 2200 honour.

This one is easy to skip. I like Elnor as a character but a Voyage monster isn’t really what I need. Hitting 12 hours is nice but it’s not going to radically improve my ability to get the few remaining 4*s I need. I could’ve had Braxton or Breen Kira ages ago and haven’t bothered with them.

Next month is just a wait and see.
    +1, emphasis added.

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Since the current campaign ends in less than a week, I am wondering about the theme & cards to be included in the next one. I suspect the theme will be be Pride Month again, so which crew makes sense for each track? The Culber & Gray cards we voted on in January are possibilities; who are some others for the 5* (and 4*) tracks?

Conversely, if the theme is not Pride Month, then what makes sense for mid-June to mid-July? Possibilities include the current shows, baseball season and summertime (northern hemisphere).

Let the speculation re-commence! :)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the 4*, but the 5* Gray and maybe a Picard S2 Seven or Raffi? I expect the next one to lead into the August mega.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Since the current campaign ends in less than a week, I am wondering about the theme & cards to be included in the next one. I suspect the theme will be be Pride Month again, so which crew makes sense for each track? The Culber & Gray cards we voted on in January are possibilities; who are some others for the 5* (and 4*) tracks?

Conversely, if the theme is not Pride Month, then what makes sense for mid-June to mid-July? Possibilities include the current shows, baseball season and summertime (northern hemisphere).

Let the speculation re-commence! :)

I know that Paramount just announced a new character is coming to SNW that is non-binary. If they decide to use that character for the Uber Track, I hope they don't have another Adira Towelie situation. Paramount may put restrictions on when that character may be used and introduced in games.

• Options
    Nice. Reno looks good (love her) and I can finish Adira to cross them off my list.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    YELLOW UNIFORM RENO!!!!!!!

x7e1gg7d6lgf.jpg

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I as just thinking my FFFE towel and Xahean Adiras were sufficient coverage for the character. :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    And here I as just thinking my FFFE towel and Xahean Adiras were sufficient coverage for the character. :)

I am wishing Cellist was the four star. Missing them.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice campaign. Shiny new Reno who I love and Awesome Adira who I still need to finish. Glad I picked Solar Sails Sisko over another star to EDF Adira last week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I personally want another Reno with candy in hand, who's with me? :D

Would (could?) that be Captive Jett Reno?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

Hmm no I am more thinking about the scene with Stamets, where he says no food is allowed in Engineering?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan, excellent campaign, and the art on Reno is fantastic. Just a quick question - as with the other crew that traveled to the future from the U.S.S. Discovery, shouldn't Reno be Displaced?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan, excellent campaign, and the art on Reno is fantastic. Just a quick question - as with the other crew that traveled to the future from the U.S.S. Discovery, shouldn't Reno be Displaced?

Indeed. <grumbles something about traits>

Thanks! Appreciate the quick response, have a good one.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

And on that note how about expanding Temporal Calamity and Spit and Bailing Wire? Reno’s the game’s 60th Jury Rigger.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »

And on that note how about expanding Temporal Calamity and Spit and Bailing Wire? Reno’s the game’s 60th Jury Rigger.

I'll second that request. My Missing Milestone list is currently at 16! That's a few boosts!
    Correction- 17 collections (forgot about the new Gauntlet crew) need 18 Milestones added. Resourceful needs TWO!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

Hmm no I am more thinking about the scene with Stamets, where he says no food is allowed in Engineering?
    2vev8olo8k7j.gif
    😈