Home The Bridge
Options

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would get Coffee Janeway after I've finished my Evolved Janeway. Oh, well. Love the puppy and I can finish my 1/5* Polaric. I'm in.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange. I don’t recall HoloJaneway holding a puppy or wearing that uniform. The devs are weird sometimes.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Strange. I don’t recall HoloJaneway holding a puppy or wearing that uniform. The devs are weird sometimes.

It should be the Janeway from one of the Q Voyager eps where she holds a puppy that Q made appear and she is temporarily placated by his shenanigans.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Professor Data for people who didn't want to play the Tuesday pack roulette. Maybe do Professor Scott as the 4*. And a new original professor Janeway from the lecture she was supposed to give on the Borg to starfleet academy. Or maybe a professor O'Brien post DS9 when he's at the academy.

In case anyone at Paramount reads this, I would 100% watch Welcome Back, O'Brien.

(For us old farts) How about Our Mr. O'Brien?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

It should be the Janeway from one of the Q Voyager eps where she holds a puppy that Q made appear and she is temporarily placated by his shenanigans.

"The Q and The Grey", I think. Right before Miss Q shows up and goes "What are you doing with that dog? I don't mean the puppy."
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those needing a reminder......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2WIExANNg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I keep waiting for Mirror Sisko and Chancellor Gowron as a combo. Why, you ask…Because I do believe that could be the worst possible offer stats wise. And I would chuckle if it was offered.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    =j= StephLovesVoyager=j= StephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    Professor Data for people who didn't want to play the Tuesday pack roulette. Maybe do Professor Scott as the 4*. And a new original professor Janeway from the lecture she was supposed to give on the Borg to starfleet academy. Or maybe a professor O'Brien post DS9 when he's at the academy.

In case anyone at Paramount reads this, I would 100% watch Welcome Back, O'Brien.

I have my heart set on Welcome Back, O'Brien but so long as it's still a school sitcom with O'Brien and a bunch of misfits, I'll watch.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I have my heart set on Welcome Back, O'Brien but so long as it's still a school sitcom with O'Brien and a bunch of misfits, I'll watch.

Ok, I am intrigued. Would this be set at the academy somehow, where he gets all the misfit engineering cadets, or somewhere else? I feel like DS9 would be a “no go” due to his workload, dart schedule, and the Dominion.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

As long as it isn't Saved By The Phaser with a Ferengi Screech. And a cross-over Klingon Irkel.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

As long as it isn't Saved By The Phaser with a Ferengi Screech. And a cross-over Klingon Irkel.

p457f0qoudde.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Ok, I am intrigued. Would this be set at the academy somehow, where he gets all the misfit engineering cadets, or somewhere else? I feel like DS9 would be a “no go” due to his workload, dart schedule, and the Dominion.

The Academy, since that's where he went after DS9. I picture his students responding to his emphasis on improvisation and creative thinking over following the book being taught in all the other engineering classes. Everyone else at the Academy is more straitlaced, hence rivalries between cliques. There are several Trek characters I can see being encouraging voices of guidance for young people. O'Brien ain't one of 'em, so another fun part of the show would be him having to periodically be supportive of one of his misfits needing some nurturing. Also, there's gotta be one earnest Vulcan, but instead of being put off by his informality like a stereotypical rigid Vulcan, they see O'Brien's practicality as logical and embrace his improvisational approach to engineering. That's a misfit for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

The Academy, since that's where he went after DS9. I picture his students responding to his emphasis on improvisation and creative thinking over following the book being taught in all the other engineering classes. Everyone else at the Academy is more straitlaced, hence rivalries between cliques. There are several Trek characters I can see being encouraging voices of guidance for young people. O'Brien ain't one of 'em, so another fun part of the show would be him having to periodically be supportive of one of his misfits needing some nurturing. Also, there's gotta be one earnest Vulcan, but instead of being put off by his informality like a stereotypical rigid Vulcan, they see O'Brien's practicality as logical and embrace his improvisational approach to engineering. That's a misfit for sure.

So, basically a Jeff Winger speech to end a lot of the episodes.

Okay. I have seen this pilot at least dozens of times. And I was right now old when I realized Abed is trying to fix "Steve"!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAwSVOlOgH8
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

O’Brien was very supportive to Jake when he was teaching Jake engineering and even helped Jake to tell his father he didn’t want to be in Starfleet. O’Brien was also helpful to Rom in helping Rom fight for worker rights and also got Rom a job as an engineer, seeing his true potential and worth.

O’Brien wasn’t a fan of Bashir early on. It would be funny if there was a Bashir type in his class.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    With her death, perhaps we could see an Uhura campaign?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect it's too quick a turnaround for that to happen, but I would absolutely love that.

More likely they've been planning to double down on the Lower Decks content (which also makes me happy).
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

We already had 3 Uhura campaigns(featured as gold), so not sure we need a 4th. So many other crew that would deserve 1 as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I'm still hoping for a baseball-themed campaign this season. Maybe if the Red Sox are contending?...
    bo69v1bfzota.png
    <heavy sigh> Never mind. ⚾️
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I was showing off my, uh, magnificent roster to someone and showed him the Play Ball collection. Still significantly missing? Jake “The Biggish Unit” Sisko.
  • Options
    I figured that an Uhura birthday behold had been in the works for her 90th in December. I think the usual memorial is a gift crew. I remember it was Tuxedo Nog, when we lost Aron. Rescue Team Uhura wouldn't be a bad choice.
    I'd like a "Dog Days" theme, since we got a pet collection. Keyla Terrana as the 4*, Camping Archer and Porthos as the existing 5*, and Q and Beverly as the Irish Setter for the new 5*. Lol. It needs to be done.
    I'm curious as to why 2* Phlox isn't in the collection. I think those cases were occupied. I'll have to rewatch, but I think one of them squaks.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious as to why 2* Phlox isn't in the collection. I think those cases were occupied. I'll have to rewatch, but I think one of them squaks.

Those aren't pets. They're medical equipment. Medical equipment that squawks.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering mega with characters from Lower Decks is now, campaign could have some lower decks crew.
    7gbmw6y2inuv.jpg
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Meow about a "Blue Blooded" campaign with a new fuse?

4* Commando or Ransom Shran (1st Row)
    5* Jhamel (2nd Row)
    5* Shramel (3rd Row) - Basically Shran and Jhamel as a couple together <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

Those aren't pets. They're medical equipment. Medical equipment that squawks.

But Phlox and his terrarium are in it. Just saying.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEST CAMPAIGN EVER
    SHE'S AN ACTUAL ASTRONAUT, BEEN INTO REAL SPACE
    I'm starting a third dupe
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meowstronaut! Second campaign in a row with the middle gold sitting at 1/5 FE waiting for stars. Thankies! Dr. Mae Jamison will be happy to get immortal. Also, you're helping me fill my "EV Suit" collection (25) with these two Lower Decks EV crew. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they didn't have the turnaround time to do an Uhura-themed campaign, then putting Dr. Jemison in there is the next best thing. She's not just an actual astronaut, she was the first woman of colour in space. Definitely a fitting tribute.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Mae twittered a lovely tribute to Nichelle very quickly after Nichelle's death. She is a very fitting campaign legendary. Also, she's quite useful for Tank Boss (Nightmare) Battles because she has a 25% hull repurr ability, and she regenerates 2 seconds more quickly than Little Johnny Riker (she doesn't give attack bonus though).