Home The Bridge

Upcoming Picard Mega Event (contains SPOILERS for the show)

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Sadly not much came of that.
    I am going to kick out all the Romulans, oh, they left.

I wouldn't say that.
    She took out Colonel Narissa. That was a pretty big something.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

I wouldn't say that.
    She took out Colonel Narissa. That was a pretty big something.

Did she though? I swear I saw a transporter beam there...

Now I have to re-watch the episode. Oh the things I do for my friends on the STT forum!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

YES.... THIS... "We Are Borg"
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Not much came of that *yet*.

The line myself and many others have been holding on to as we keep watching, “Not much came of that yet.”

To be fair, that one person did that one thing and then that other person did that other thing. Then another person swore.

Oh yeah. You're talking about that one episode!

No, you're thinking of that other episode.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Not much came of that *yet*.

The line myself and many others have been holding on to as we keep watching, “Not much came of that yet.”

To be fair, that one person did that one thing and then that other person did that other thing. Then another person swore.

Oh yeah. You're talking about that one episode!

No, you're thinking of that other episode.

I thought it was the one with the alien in it.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    As an aside, I think the devs deserve credit for timing legacy characters (and ship) with the episodes:

1/23, 1/30 Data features in "The Game's Afoot" Flashback and in Picard's dreams, respectively.
    1/30 Picard and Number One debut as the recurring 5* and, uh, stars in the show.
    2/6 Borg Cube is the Epic level featured ship in that week's Skirmish; the inside of the Artifact is shown.
    2/13 Seven is the rank reward 5* in the event, and appears in the episode's final scene.
    2/20 Seven is the featured 5* and Icheb is the rank 5*; she avenges his gruesome murder.
    2/27 Troi is the threshold 4* and is teased in the trailer for the following week's episode.
    3/6 Riker is the rank reward 5* and hosts Picard in this week's episode.

Data and Troi are kinda flimsy, but in hindsight, there was thoughtfulness behind the choices of last month's mega-event. I can appreciate now why it wasn't explicitly explained to us that was what was up. 3* Dr. Bruce Maddox and Hugh are the only conspicuous absences, though I think it's likely they're being saved for the April mega.

I'm curious how the hell Bashir, Culber, The Doctor, and/or Scotty might have anything to do with next week's episode! Maybe we'll learn something about the La Sirena EMH? Looks like he'll be busy.

Unless I missed something, that streak came to an end with the mega-event concluding. Whomp.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I want more Queen Seven :)
    Starting to think maybe I'll regret not taking Portal 63 in a Behold last year.
    It just occurred to me that the Week 2 event will be the 200th. Being part of a mega-event makes me doubt it'll be anything special, but I thought it worth noting just the same.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just occurred to me that the Week 2 event will be the 200th. Being part of a mega-event makes me doubt it'll be anything special, but I thought it worth noting just the same.

What if that's the reason they tested two legendaries in an event?
    Farewell 🖖

Then I wish they'd tested how we responded to being given two legendaries.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked out that thread for the first time. I've been fine with it. I didn't realize there was so much animosity. But in the case of the 200th event, I would think one of the two legendaries (if they go that route) will be a freebie. Do you think that would change the dynamic and the sentiment?
    Farewell 🖖
    edited March 2020

I just checked out that thread for the first time. I've been fine with it. I didn't realize there was so much animosity. But in the case of the 200th event, I would think one of the two legendaries (if they go that route) will be a freebie. Do you think that would change the dynamic and the sentiment?

Of course it would change the sentiment. The "Secondary" Legendary being "Pack Only" TWICE?!?!? Very bad move.

As I suggested, adding the "Secondary" Legendary to the Threshold would be a better way to do it.

They know how to code for that. Reruns do it.

EDIT: To add, "Secondary" Legendary has only been Pack Only, unless you buy him during the Event for $49.99/$99.99
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

I try not to guess along with the devs, whether DB or WRG, so I don't have a thought about what they might do. If you're asking if I think our fellow forum members would feel differently if we were given one of the two 5*'s, I think that would depend on the particulars. If we were given, say, Gary Seven, they'd at least appreciate that. If we were given Tosk, probably more complaining. If we were given Mirror Jean-Luc Picard, I'll stay away from the forum for the next two months.

If you're asking if being given one of the two 5*'s would change my personal sentiment, I'm indifferent. I loved being guaranteed that if I got a 4* in this week's pack that it would let me fully fuse the new threshold 4*, so to be honest, I've enjoyed this week's schema. Given the choice, I'd go with splitting the odds of which 5* to drop over having to split the odds between which 4*. I've reached a point where 1/5's aren't all that appealing to me by now, thanks to mega-events and campaigns, so I don't really care how those are arranged in an event. Being able to freeze the new 4* at the end of the weekend, however, does still appeal to me.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Something about the Vulcan wearing sunglasses just fumes me.... Not sure why

It annoys me. I'm waiting for an explanation.

because we've known since the episode with the flying space pancakes that vulcans have a second set of eyelids and would therefore not need sunglasses?

at least now that riker mentioned them, DB can now give us the KZINTI right? :)

292?cb=20080504002010&path-prefix=en
    Akimbo Seven should be a Gauntlet exclusive replacing Armus. Her security proficiency should be insane, and provide a 5th collectible slot for a security proficiency bonus.

Needs "™". But name is catching on!!!!!!!!
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Something about the Vulcan wearing sunglasses just fumes me.... Not sure why

It annoys me. I'm waiting for an explanation.

because we've known since the episode with the flying space pancakes that vulcans have a second set of eyelids and would therefore not need sunglasses?

at least now that riker mentioned them, DB can now give us the KZINTI right? :)

292?cb=20080504002010&path-prefix=en

There is actually a decent theory that says those “pancakes” are the evolutionary ancestors of the Borg. Decent theory, worth researching...
  • I really hope Soji is the recurring legendary for this mega event. I'm really liking the character and looking forward to seeing where her story goes.
    I really hope Soji is the recurring legendary for this mega event. I'm really liking the character and looking forward to seeing where her story goes.

I favor Director Hugh, but I still think Soji has to be the odds favorite. The question is whether it would be Soji or The Destroyer.
  • KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    Okay, I really want an Acting Captain Riker card with this art....
    0qvcraki092x.jpg

Yes, but Only if that card has a home made wood cooked pizza in a box under his right hand
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    gcpxivtd4tgy.jpeg

5df65a5164er.jpeg

ienmg6hkrgg7.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • gcpxivtd4tgy.jpeg

5df65a5164er.jpeg

ienmg6hkrgg7.jpeg

All of these would fit in to a new "nice hat!" collection
  • Or even a "max cap" collection. 🙂
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    0qvcraki092x.jpg

Yes, but Only if that card has a home made wood cooked pizza in a box under his right hand

Well I was going to say that I want a pizza chef riker as well, then I remembered chef riker (which I dont have) and suddenly thought of the possibility Chef Riker could be in a discount pack... I am going to need more dilithium.
  • KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    0qvcraki092x.jpg

Well I was going to say that I want a pizza chef riker as well, then I remembered chef riker (which I dont have) and suddenly thought of the possibility Chef Riker could be in a discount pack... I am going to need more dilithium.

A future merge card there i think.....Chef riker with a furure card of acting captain riker to make pizza chef riker
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we started projecting the event order?

I think:

Skirmish
    Galaxy
    Faction
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy