Home The Bridge

Upcoming Picard Mega Event (contains SPOILERS for the show)

1234568»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Greyshade wrote: »
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid.

I don't know where they got that from. Nothing in the show ever indicated she was Vulcan. She was just a Romulan working under cover as a Vulcan.

Likely initially from this line in Broken Pieces: "The Romulans send in a mole, a half-Romulan Vulcan named Oh."

And then from the show's creator, Michael Chabon, who confirmed that fact on his Instagram account.

a82qlpxhpkg4.jpg

Ugh, Kurtzman and Chabon can both go choke on Targ. How silly was her entire character?

Meanwhile how many times did she say “prepare to fire on my mark?”

I think they were a lot more prepared than the writers and show runners.

Haha, 218 ships and they could not even fire a single shot on the one synth building.
    Let’s fly!
  • UebermindUebermind ✭✭✭
    Spoiler: Star Trek Picard is not real Star Trek.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo... what legendary Cyberneticists do you hope to see in the 490 dil packs?

I would like to see:
    • Juliana Tainer
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • H.M.S. Pinafore Data
    • Scrooge Data

Mostly so I can either pull them for the 1st time or get the last star (Scrooge).
  • Sooooo... what legendary Cyberneticists do you hope to see in the 490 dil packs?

I would like to see:
    • Juliana Tainer
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • H.M.S. Pinafore Data
    • Scrooge Data

Mostly so I can either pull them for the 1st time or get the last star (Scrooge).

I checked the vault and Juliana Tainer is the only one that would get me to buy packs. So I hope she'll be in one of them :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo... what legendary Cyberneticists do you hope to see in the 490 dil packs?

I would like to see:
    • Juliana Tainer
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • H.M.S. Pinafore Data
    • Scrooge Data

I already finished Scrooge, but that will be fine, as long as the other 4 are there. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see:
    • Juliana Tainer
    • Conditioned La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • H.M.S. Pinafore Data
    • Scrooge Data

I checked the vault and Juliana Tainer is the only one that would get me to buy packs. So I hope she'll be in one of them :)

Yes she is head and shoulders over the others but didn’t want to JUST include her on my list. Then it’s not even a list anymore.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oh so she should have both Romulan and Vulcan traits. Also Starfleet, Telepath, Undercover Operative, Crafty, and IMO Brutal (forced mind meld). New trait of Zhat Vash. I’d love to see her in sunglasses – it amuses me more than it bothers me. She’d probably be the boring CMD/SEC/DIP of course. The Romulans never opened fire (I expected both them and the Federation to shoot the portal) but I’d give her an Accuracy ship bonus considering the number of attack patterns she knew.

I’m not so fond of disguised Picard, but the pirate garb seems to be popular for some reason.

I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see Akimbo Seven™ dual-wielding phaser rifles.
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Oh yeah! But they might want to hold off until next season if we see repercussions.

I thought Alison Pill turned in the best acting job in the series, so I’d love to see a Dr. Jurati card. She’d have SCI/ENG/MED – I’m not sure in what order, but what a great combo. Human, Desperate, Cyberneticist, Federation. Probably an Evasion ship bonus, just given her personality.
    And I’m in for Cyberneticist as bonus trait for the mega. :)

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

I don't know where they got that from. Nothing in the show ever indicated she was Vulcan. She was just a Romulan working under cover as a Vulcan.

And, undercover people often have the Trait of the Race they pretend to be.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oh so she should have both Romulan and Vulcan traits. Also Starfleet, Telepath, Undercover Operative, Crafty, and IMO Brutal (forced mind meld). New trait of Zhat Vash. I’d love to see her in sunglasses – it amuses me more than it bothers me. She’d probably be the boring CMD/SEC/DIP of course. The Romulans never opened fire (I expected both them and the Federation to shoot the portal) but I’d give her an Accuracy ship bonus considering the number of attack patterns she knew.

I’m not so fond of disguised Picard, but the pirate garb seems to be popular for some reason.

I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see Akimbo Seven™ dual-wielding phaser rifles.
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Oh yeah! But they might want to hold off until next season if we see repercussions.

I thought Alison Pill turned in the best acting job in the series, so I’d love to see a Dr. Jurati card. She’d have SCI/ENG/MED – I’m not sure in what order, but what a great combo. Human, Desperate, Cyberneticist, Federation. Probably an Evasion ship bonus, just given her personality.

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

I think @AviTrek meant, where did Picard's crew get the information that Oh was half-Romulan? Maybe when she left to take command of the Romulan fleet, she left a note on her desk:

Dear Starfleet,

I am taking a leave of absence from my post as head of Starfleet Security, effective immediately, to go commit genocide. It's to save all organic life, though, so I think you'll agree it's a worthy cause. Don't worry, the genocide will be conducted by the Romulans so the Federation's hands will be clean. You're welcome. I look forward to getting back to overseeing all the sensitive, classified information that the Federation has as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Commodore Oh
    Head of Starfleet Security/Half-Romulan Infiltrator

Oh. Storyline wise. I misunderstood. My bad, Avi!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

I think @AviTrek meant, where did Picard's crew get the information that Oh was half-Romulan? Maybe when she left to take command of the Romulan fleet, she left a note on her desk:

Dear Starfleet,

I am taking a leave of absence from my post as head of Starfleet Security, effective immediately, to go commit genocide. It's to save all organic life, though, so I think you'll agree it's a worthy cause. Don't worry, the genocide will be conducted by the Romulans so the Federation's hands will be clean. You're welcome. I look forward to getting back to overseeing all the sensitive, classified information that the Federation has as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Commodore Oh

That's one theory. But I think Dr. Jurrati originally said no to the mind meld. To assuage her fears, Commodore Oh told her that she couldn't completely meld because she's half Romulan (but shhhh, Starfleet can't know) so she sent the vision to Jurrati and Jurrati was a good little double agent and didn't tell Picard's crew until she switched sides.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

Dear Starfleet,

Respectfully,

Commodore Oh

That's one theory. But I think Dr. Jurrati originally said no to the mind meld. To assuage her fears, Commodore Oh told her that she couldn't completely meld because she's half Romulan (but shhhh, Starfleet can't know) so she sent the vision to Jurrati and Jurrati was a good little double agent and didn't tell Picard's crew until she switched sides.

She'd have to have at least confided in Raffi, because she's the first one in the series to say it.
    Oh now I remember...
    Oh was the one who ordered Rios' captain to kill those two synths. And Raffi thinks everyone is a Romulan spy. So naturally she figured it out first.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They knew Oh was a traitor because of Jurati saying she was given the mind meld by Oh and told to kill Maddox and I believe the vision also showed Oh with the Romulans. Then Rios later said, oh by the way, I knew Oh was evil for years and just sat on that information.
    Let’s fly!
    edited April 2020
    They knew Oh was a traitor because of Jurati saying she was given the mind meld by Oh and told to kill Maddox and I believe the vision also showed Oh with the Romulans. Then Rios later said, oh by the way, I knew Oh was evil for years and just sat on that information.

I call that last sentence "Bernarding" vital info.......
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I call that lady sentence "Bernarding" vital info.......

I re-read everything you quoted five times before I realized "lady sentence" was supposed to be "last sentence".

I re-read everything you quoted five times before I realized "lady sentence" was supposed to be "last sentence".

Auto-corrupt strikes again.

Does everyone remember Bernard?

Auto-corrupt strikes again.

Does everyone remember Bernard?

I didn't want to be "that guy" and ask, but... No, I don't. :(
    Farewell 🖖