Home The Bridge

Upcoming Picard Mega Event (contains SPOILERS for the show)

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we started projecting the event order?

I think:

Skirmish
    Galaxy
    Faction
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy

Skirmish week one, with the existing 4 🌟 being Pack Only, so most people won't have Event Crew until after the first couple of rounds............
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [DSEF] Cpt.Rampo[DSEF] Cpt.Rampo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    Okay, I really want an Acting Captain Riker card with this art....
    0qvcraki092x.jpg

yes, acting captain riker is a need for me right next to

admiral picard
    a9spqlyahags.jpg

and ofc "enjoying life data"

a2st1lraoebb.jpg

EDIT,i forgot...

70iwrfm5f0ti.jpg
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 14-year flashback uniforms look great. I look forward to seeing them in the game. I sure wouldn't mind getting a hold of the real thing, too.
    Farewell 🖖
    I like those "interim" uniforms, too. It's a nice touch that they didn't just go straight from the TV & movie designs to what everyone is wearing in the Picard "present"........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • @Prime Lorca [10FH] First of all it's "Bjayzl" and I'd like to see "Mr Vup" with DIP/SEC
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo.... Ought to be fun to see how our fellow forum members who have shunned CBS All Access react when they get an Android Picard.
    Sooooo.... Ought to be fun to see how our fellow forum members who have shunned CBS All Access react when they get an Android Picard.

Indeed. I wonder what the balance will be between piqued interest vs agitated fans.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read back over the 6 pages of comments (sorry) but what is the prediction, other than "characters from Star Trek: Picard" that will get the recurring small bonus?
    I haven't read back over the 6 pages of comments (sorry) but what is the prediction, other than "characters from Star Trek: Picard" that will get the recurring small bonus?

There's a couple suggestions. My favorite is Cyberneticist. Romulan is a possibility. A new Synthetic trait might be cool, if unlikely that TP adds that. Can't remember any other suggestions.
    Farewell 🖖

There's a couple suggestions. My favorite is Cyberneticist. Romulan is a possibility. A new Synthetic trait might be cool, if unlikely that TP adds that. Can't remember any other suggestions.

Today's Tuesday Pack would be a great time to add that Trait.

It seems possible that they might be related. Cyberneticist is a possibility for the Mega Recurring Trait.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Civilian is my guess, followed by exobiology (Reverend Phlox).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Civilian is my guess, followed by exobiology (Reverend Phlox).

I bet it's pretty hard to find a trait that isn't too widespread (looking at you, Romantic) but common enough to provide a good enough pool for a mega event.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyberneticist is possible. I think as Nhan is in the mega when we see her traits we will get a better idea provided she shares the bonus trait.
    Let’s fly!
    Cyberneticist is possible. I think as Nhan is in the mega when we see her traits we will get a better idea provided she shares the bonus trait.

Hopefully she will have the Recurring Bonus Trait, like Twi'Pol did.

I just can't think of a good Nhan trait that would cross over. I am losing faith that we will get that Picard Mega. I just really hope I'm wrong.
    Farewell 🖖

Right, which will be tomorrow... I assume Barzan is not going to be the recurring trait.

I just can't think of a good Nhan trait that would cross over. I am losing faith that we will get that Picard Mega. I just really hope I'm wrong.

Shan said it starts 9 April and that she will post more info this week.
    Just going by the numbers of the characters whose actors have appeared in the main titles (including "special guest stars"). Also included Narissa, Oh, and Maddox since they're germane to the whole season:

Android (until/unless distinguished from Synthetic) - 4 (Dahj, Soji, Data, Picard), current bonus pool: 23
    Borg - 2 (Hugh, Seven), current bonus pool: 25
    Civilian - 9 (Picard, Dahj, Soji, Elnor, Raffi, Rios, Seven, Soong, Riker) current bonus pool: 148
    Cyberneticist - 5 (Jurati, Data, Maddox, Soong); current bonus pool: 48
    Resourceful - 4 (Picard, Jurait, Raffi, Rios, Soong); current bonus pool: 139
    Romulan - 3 (Narek, Narissa, Oh); current bonus pool: 16

Cyberneticist seems the most appropriate pool size for a mega-event, though a combination of, say, Borg and Romulan could also work. Civilian and Resourceful seem too big.

Interestingly, Data has at least one variant in every one of those except Borg. I've been arguing for literal years now that Tempted Data should have that trait on the basis that infiltrators typically have the trait of whomever they're masquerading as, and Data was clearly playing the Queen by faking joining her. (Frank Hollander is a Civilian, in case you're wondering.)
    Just going by the numbers of the characters whose actors have appeared in the main titles (including "special guest stars"). Also included Narissa, Oh, and Maddox since they're germane to the whole season:

Android (until/unless distinguished from Synthetic) - 4 (Dahj, Soji, Data, Picard), current bonus pool: 23
    Civilian - 9 (Picard, Dahj, Soji, Elnor, Raffi, Rios, Seven, Soong, Riker) current bonus pool: 148

Cyberneticist seems the most appropriate pool size for a mega-event, though a combination of, say, Borg and Romulan could also work. Civilian and Resourceful seem too big.

Interestingly, Data has at least one variant in every one of those except Borg. I've been arguing for literal years now that Tempted Data should have that trait on the basis that infiltrators typically have the trait of whomever they're masquerading as, and Data was clearly playing the Queen by faking joining her. (Frank Hollander is a Civilian, in case you're wondering.)

Tempted Data is not Borg Trait? That surprises me..........

Tempted Data is not Borg Trait? That surprises me..........

Nope:

ydeolpggdavd.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at Nhan’s background she was an engineer then later security. She had an augmented device to breathe. I guess they could wildly expand the augmented trait to mean her and others on Picard series but I doubt they would open that can of worms. So my guess is she will not be bonus for the whole month unless she is given a surprising trait. I hope we get some strong legendary Romulans as there are so few in game.
    Let’s fly!
    I hope we get some strong legendary Romulans as there are so few in game.

Narissa's weirdness toward her brother aside, I thought she and Narek were among the best Romulan characters we've ever had. Of course, they benefited from the season's format and that needs to be taken into account.

It's almost a shame that if we get new ships for the Skirmish, the 5* will almost certainly be La Sirena, 'cause that would make the Romulan Bird-of-Prey a 4* at most, which would do me no good in Voyages.

Narissa's weirdness toward her brother aside, I thought she and Narek were among the best Romulan characters we've ever had. Of course, they benefited from the season's format and that needs to be taken into account.

It's almost a shame that if we get new ships for the Skirmish, the 5* will almost certainly be La Sirena, 'cause that would make the Romulan Bird-of-Prey a 4* at most, which would do me no good in Voyages.

Narissa and Narek might be my favorite Trek antagonists of all time.
    Farewell 🖖

Even with this group on the table?

zmadw45biq37.jpg

• Waiting for TP to throw a curveball and make it an "Enterprise" mega lol

zmadw45biq37.jpg

Well played, lol.
    Farewell 🖖

zmadw45biq37.jpg

That table should be burned. And then salted so that nothing ever again shall find nurture there.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing a couple omissions and typos in your list

Civilian - 11 (Picard, Dahj, Soji, Elnor, Raffi, Rios, Seven, Maddox, Soong, Riker, Troi) current bonus pool: 148
    Cyberneticist - 4 (Jurati, Data, Maddox, Soong); current bonus pool: 48
    Resourceful - 5 (Picard, Jurati, Raffi, Rios, Soong); current bonus pool: 139
    Romulan - 4 (Narek, Narissa, Oh, Elnor); current bonus pool: 16
    Undercover Operative - 6 (Oh, Narissa, Picard, Rios, Elnor, Seven); current bonus pool: 66
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Fixing a couple omissions and typos in your list

Civilian - 11 (Picard, Dahj, Soji, Elnor, Raffi, Rios, Seven, Maddox, Soong, Riker, Troi) current bonus pool: 148
    Cyberneticist - 4 (Jurati, Data, Maddox, Soong); current bonus pool: 48
    Resourceful - 5 (Picard, Jurati, Raffi, Rios, Soong); current bonus pool: 139
    Romulan - 4 (Narek, Narissa, Oh, Elnor); current bonus pool: 16
    Undercover Operative - 6 (Oh, Narissa, Picard, Rios, Elnor, Seven); current bonus pool: 66

Great catches, @AviTrek! Can't believe I overlooked Elnor as a Romulan.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nhan will have the Explorer trait (as a lot of the Disco crew do), and that will be the recurring trait for the Mega, too. It fits in perfectly with the theme of Picard, which explored how to stretch four episodes of content across ten episodes.