Home The Bridge

Upcoming Picard Mega Event (contains SPOILERS for the show)

Comments

• I like the nostalgia of the show and it was good sci-fi, but lacked the ST feel. And I feel the profanity was highly unnecessary. The Deus ex Machina, literally, was extremely convenient.

That being said, I still rock with ST-Picard. Lose the cussing and I'll be back for season 2.

Btw- that jacket Picard had on at the end was boss, gotta try to get that!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    I like the nostalgia of the show and it was good sci-fi, but lacked the ST feel. And I feel the profanity was highly unnecessary. The Deus ex Machina, literally, was extremely convenient.

That being said, I still rock with ST-Picard. Lose the cussing and I'll be back for season 2.

Btw- that jacket Picard had on at the end was boss, gotta try to get that!

Any particular crew you are looking forward to seeing in the game?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV Suit Nhan is Barzan, Starfleet, Federation, Brutal... so Brutal probably?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

That would be a pity ... that group is huge (the wiki has it at 126 crew) and I don't really like it when the bonus pool is that large ...
    EDIT: e.g. 7 of the past mega-event 5*s have Brutal as a trait ...

I personally liked the smaller options I put forward, but hey, means I won't have to defrost anyone other than event-specific crew. We'll see ...
    RaraRacing wrote: »

That would be a pity ... that group is huge (the wiki has it at 126 crew) and I don't really like it when the bonus pool is that large ...

I personally liked the smaller options I put forward, but hey, means I won't have to defrost anyone other than event-specific crew. We'll see ...

Agreed. I’ve got 5 1/5s and 4 4/4s in my current crew quarters that I could FE...
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I think most of the characters on Star Trek: Picard could have at least one variant with the Brutal trait. Vengeful Seven, Peacekeeper Elnor, Medic Jurrati, Commodore Oh, Narrek, Narrisa, Bjayzel... No shortage there. Just an oddly large pool of bonus crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nhan will only be bonus the first week though there was a lot of brutality in Picard. It is odd to me that the people who hate the cursing on Picard seem to have no problem with the graphic torture, murders, and suicides which were far more disturbing than a couple F words.
    Let’s fly!

• Any particular crew you are looking forward to seeing in the game?

Everyone, actually. I like all the characters. And all the new ships too! It's a lot of potential for STP in the game. It would be good not to flood 5* cards tho. Perhaps more purps and maybe a few 3*s. Dunno, the series, along with the upcoming Disco season 3, I can't wait!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nhan will only be bonus the first week though there was a lot of brutality in Picard. It is odd to me that the people who hate the cursing on Picard seem to have no problem with the graphic torture, murders, and suicides which were far more disturbing than a couple F words.

The official guide to Content That Will Disturb American Audiences:

Harm to cute animals
    Sexuality/Nudity
    Acts or language predicated on bigotry*
    Harm to children
    The F-word
    Damage to places/things that matter within the story (Hogwarts, Batmobile, Skywalker lightsaber, etc.)
    Harm to animals that aren't cute
    Harm to adults we care about
    Alcohol/drug use by minors, or by adults for destructive purposes (exceptions: stoner comedies and Oscar bait dramas)
    Harm to adults we don't care about

*May fluctuate based on severity and connection to the group attacked
  • I think Nhan will only be bonus the first week though there was a lot of brutality in Picard. It is odd to me that the people who hate the cursing on Picard seem to have no problem with the graphic torture, murders, and suicides which were far more disturbing than a couple F words.

Good point...
    Well, we should start seeing Picard crew drop. Looks like they should be cyberneticists, so Dr. Jurrati should be a definite.
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read back over the 6 pages of comments (sorry) but what is the prediction, other than "characters from Star Trek: Picard" that will get the recurring small bonus?

There's a couple suggestions. My favorite is Cyberneticist. Romulan is a possibility. A new Synthetic trait might be cool, if unlikely that TP adds that. Can't remember any other suggestions.

Civilian is my guess, followed by exobiology (Reverend Phlox).

Oh it was AoS Data instead. Did not see that coming.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Bring out your Cyberneticists!

Data, Bashir, La Forge, Torres, Crusher
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Civilian is my guess as they were all civilians.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mega-event has been announced :)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the faction/skirmish hybrid. The skirmish has so many more points it overwhelms the faction half.

Also, a faction/skirmish hybrid loses the community rewards. So now there is only 1 week with the full galaxy where we can FF the 4* without buying packs.
    I expect Soji, but after this week's episode, I concur Hugh is deserving of being the recurring 5*.
    Cyberneticist seems the most appropriate pool size for a mega-event, though a combination of, say, Borg and Romulan could also work. Civilian and Resourceful seem too big.

Hey, I'm 2-0!
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the faction/skirmish hybrid. The skirmish has so many more points it overwhelms the faction half.

Also, a faction/skirmish hybrid loses the community rewards. So now there is only 1 week with the full galaxy where we can FF the 4* without buying packs.

It does however mean there will be 3 super rares I can pull from recap packs instead of 2.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a fan of 2(1.5)Skirmishes within 4 weeks, since the last full was 9-10 weeks ago. So well done TP. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oh so she should have both Romulan and Vulcan traits. Also Starfleet, Telepath, Undercover Operative, Crafty, and IMO Brutal (forced mind meld). New trait of Zhat Vash. I’d love to see her in sunglasses – it amuses me more than it bothers me. She’d probably be the boring CMD/SEC/DIP of course. The Romulans never opened fire (I expected both them and the Federation to shoot the portal) but I’d give her an Accuracy ship bonus considering the number of attack patterns she knew.

I’m not so fond of disguised Picard, but the pirate garb seems to be popular for some reason.

I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see Akimbo Seven™ dual-wielding phaser rifles.
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Oh yeah! But they might want to hold off until next season if we see repercussions.

I thought Alison Pill turned in the best acting job in the series, so I’d love to see a Dr. Jurati card. She’d have SCI/ENG/MED – I’m not sure in what order, but what a great combo. Human, Desperate, Cyberneticist, Federation. Probably an Evasion ship bonus, just given her personality.
    And I’m in for Cyberneticist as bonus trait for the mega. :)

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame we won't get Kestra.

I'd love to see Soji have Music as a meta reference, given Briones sung the song in the season finale.
  • I was really looking forward to a PIC mega.

And now it's half DIS. And 2x skirmish. Sigh, I'm out.
  • As long as we get decent crew I like or some with OP skills il take part lol
  • I'm just happy we're getting Soji as the recurring legendary threshold.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oh so she should have both Romulan and Vulcan traits. Also Starfleet, Telepath, Undercover Operative, Crafty, and IMO Brutal (forced mind meld). New trait of Zhat Vash. I’d love to see her in sunglasses – it amuses me more than it bothers me. She’d probably be the boring CMD/SEC/DIP of course. The Romulans never opened fire (I expected both them and the Federation to shoot the portal) but I’d give her an Accuracy ship bonus considering the number of attack patterns she knew.

I’m not so fond of disguised Picard, but the pirate garb seems to be popular for some reason.

I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see Akimbo Seven™ dual-wielding phaser rifles.
    From the latest episode, my new number one all time most wanted card in the game...
    Borg Queen Seven Of Nine

Oh yeah! But they might want to hold off until next season if we see repercussions.

I thought Alison Pill turned in the best acting job in the series, so I’d love to see a Dr. Jurati card. She’d have SCI/ENG/MED – I’m not sure in what order, but what a great combo. Human, Desperate, Cyberneticist, Federation. Probably an Evasion ship bonus, just given her personality.
    And I’m in for Cyberneticist as bonus trait for the mega. :)

jkyfzvyl7zja.jpg

I don't know where they got that from. Nothing in the show ever indicated she was Vulcan. She was just a Romulan working under cover as a Vulcan.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, 3 out of the 4 events will require a citation.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid.

I don't know where they got that from. Nothing in the show ever indicated she was Vulcan. She was just a Romulan working under cover as a Vulcan.

Likely initially from this line in Broken Pieces: "The Romulans send in a mole, a half-Romulan Vulcan named Oh."

And then from the show's creator, Michael Chabon, who confirmed that fact on his Instagram account.

a82qlpxhpkg4.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn’t it stated by Raffi in Broken Pieces that she was half-Romulan, half-Vulcan?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid.

Likely initially from this line in Broken Pieces: "The Romulans send in a mole, a half-Romulan Vulcan named Oh."

And then from the show's creator, Michael Chabon, who confirmed that fact on his Instagram account.

a82qlpxhpkg4.jpg

Ugh, Kurtzman and Chabon can both go choke on Targ. How silly was her entire character?

Meanwhile how many times did she say “prepare to fire on my mark?”

I think they were a lot more prepared than the writers and show runners.
    Memory Alpha says that Commodore Oh is a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oh so she should have both Romulan and Vulcan traits. Also Starfleet, Telepath, Undercover Operative, Crafty, and IMO Brutal (forced mind meld).

So you're going with the forced mind meld and not the attempted genocide, then. Interesting sales pitch.