Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Bridge
I am out of the office this Friday and Monday, so posting this now :)

Event Name: The Enemy Within
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Riker Odan 5* (New), 1701 Bashir 4* (New), and Mycelial Culber 5* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 03/12 until Monday 03/16 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Rewards
5*: Claymore Scotty (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 03/19.

Attention: As this event is a bit particular due to the fact that it features 2x 5* crew please note that Mycelial Culber will not be part of the ranked rewards, however the 4* ranked reward, Holonovel Doctor, will be a bonus crew for the event starting on 03/19.

Event Faction:Federation, Augments, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Riker, Bashir, Culber and crew with the Physician trait.

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I love getting the basic info about the next week's event (event type & featured crew) on the same day the current event begins - thanks @Shan!

So many questions...

Does that mean Culber will only be available via event packs, or will he be included within a unique threshold rewards structure for this particular event?

Is this the start of transitioning the ranked 4* reward to become part of the next event, just like the ranked 5* reward already is? It does make sense, especially when it is a duplicate crew for most long-time players, which provides no real benefit aside from collecting/immortalizing purposes.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what the new Scotty would look like?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to remember an episode where he used a claymore. None come to mind off the bat. Tipping Point original, maybe?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Scotty from 'Day of the Dove' with a sword.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Probably Scotty from 'Day of the Dove' with a sword.

That's it ... a real brief scene though.
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I have to say, not a big fan of the event crew that is only available for purchases. This is a slippery slope that does not end well.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    So we lose a 4* bonus crew that a lot of people had and it is replaced by a pack only 5* crew most people are missing? That seriously reduces the bonus crew available to people.

Hopefully this is not something Tipping Point is making a weekly thing. If it is, truly does bode ill for the game.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Shan wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I love getting the basic info about the next week's event (event type & featured crew) on the same day the current event begins - thanks @Shan!

So many questions...

Does that mean Culber will only be available via event packs, or will he be included within a unique threshold rewards structure for this particular event?

Is this the start of transitioning the ranked 4* reward to become part of the next event, just like the ranked 5* reward already is?

Culber will be pack and offers only.
    Unless things change and are communicated as such, the 4* ranked reward being bonus crew for a following event is unique to this particular event.

Did you get any word on the other change? The extra 5 🌟?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Probably one of these will serve as the inspiration. I prefer the last one, myself. ⚔️

0wpv3svu4oln.jpg

lpm54kdqschd.jpg

f84jye6lansl.jpg

Edit: I realize the first one isn't Scotty, but it's a good 'action figure' pose nonetheless. ;)

(images courtesy of TrekCore)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC/ENG/COM
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many questions...
    "This event is a bit particular..." As in it's a one of a kind? A beta test? The start of a planned trend? The first TP event? @Banjo1012 's birthday? Something somehow more random?

Will the event deals be $100, $50, and $10 on the first day? Will TP send out a mailbox freebie like Tuxedo Nog? Can we get another Tuxedo Nog for old times' sake?

When will we get a 1701 collection? What will it be called? I like that episode, so thanks for Bashir. But will the TOS crew be part of the collection? They kind of have to, right?

Ok, I have to go do things. I'll cut the questions off there. (I don't expect them to be answered, but feel free to. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
    So many questions...
    "This event is a bit particular..." As in it's a one of a kind? A beta test? The start of a planned trend? The first TP event? @Banjo1012 's birthday? Something somehow more random?

Will the event deals be $100, $50, and $10 on the first day? Will TP send out a mailbox freebie like Tuxedo Nog? Can we get another Tuxedo Nog for old times' sake?

When will we get a 1701 collection? What will it be called? I like that episode, so thanks for Bashir. But will the TOS crew be part of the collection? They kind of have to, right?

Ok, I have to go do things. I'll cut the questions off there. (I don't expect them to be answered, but feel free to. :) )

To answer one of your questions, my birthday was two Saturdays ago. It would be a little belated but definitely a possibility

• ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Whom It May Concern,

I, the undersigned, petition to have an extended threshold added offering players the chance to earn one (1) copy of Mycelial Culber.

Sincerely,

Travis S. McClain, nerd

I'll cosign. (Where's my pen?)
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will 1701 Bashir have his "historical" audio clips from his episode that RAF Bashir currently has?
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    So many questions...

To answer one of your questions, my birthday was two Saturdays ago. It would be a little belated but definitely a possibility

That is still eerily close. Happy Birthday, you cranky spandex-wearing dog :smiley:
    So many questions...

That is still eerily close. Happy Birthday, you cranky spandex-wearing dog :smiley:

Well thank you my friend! I had no idea I was considered cranky. In my real life I’m the guy who sings in the shower and doesn’t let anything bother me. Guess I’m just passionate about this game I love so much

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many questions...

I just picked a random forum name. Happy belated birthday and thanks for not getting mad. :) Also, thanks to @Cuttysark for going along with it in that other thread.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited March 2020
    So many questions...

I just picked a random forum name. Happy belated birthday and thanks for not getting mad. :) Also, thanks to @Cuttysark for going along with it in that other thread.

Ha! I saw no reason to be mad at all. Kinda cool I was the name pulled out of the hat! 2-15-74. The day after Valentines Day

edited March 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »

Probably one of these will serve as the inspiration. I prefer the last one, myself. ⚔️

0wpv3svu4oln.jpg

lpm54kdqschd.jpg

f84jye6lansl.jpg

(images courtesy of TrekCore)

EDIT: This Scotsman just found out that the basket-hilt broadsword is also considered a claymore........
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Actually it isn't really a basket-hilt broadsword ....

"A claymore is either the Scottish variant of the late medieval two-handed sword or the Scottish variant of the basket-hilted sword. The former is characterized as having a cross hilt of forward-sloping quillons with quatrefoil terminations and was in use from the 15th to 17th centuries."

"The 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica likewise judged that the term is "wrongly" applied to the basket-hilted sword."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

A proud Scottish beast beholden to no thing ... ;)

and a Claymore never appears in that episode. ;) Be that as it may, the sword Scotty has is a one-handed sword and a claymore is two-handed (better to chop the heads off Englishers)

Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    So many questions...

Well thank you my friend! I had no idea I was considered cranky. In my real life I’m the guy who sings in the shower and doesn’t let anything bother me. Guess I’m just passionate about this game I love so much

Crumodgeonly might be better, and its only really a minority of posts, but it always seems to be in good fun. Maybe it justs sounds like that when I visualise your avatar speaking.