Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, I thought maybe I was missing some SCI-primary crew somewhere. Riker Odan, Commander Chapel, and... no one? I used Dr. Hugh Culber on a couple science seats during the kickstart. I don't have Linus Culber, but I doubt he'd be any help either.

Edit: Pigpen Culber. My bad.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirogens appear to have all the Med seats locked down.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been utilizing a lot of my Physicians for their secondary and tertiary skills and it’s worked out pretty well so far. This event would have been utterly brutal without them.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Cheesecake and Pulaski in the science seats, not med unfortunately.
  • It just feels like the event crew and the shuttle seats were designed to give as few matches as possible. Tbh this feels like hammering a cube into a hole over and over again.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been utilizing a lot of my Physicians for their secondary and tertiary skills and it’s worked out pretty well so far. This event would have been utterly brutal without them.

Same here. Phlox in COM seats, DA McCoy in SEC, several others in DIP...

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Same here. Phlox in COM seats, DA McCoy in SEC, several others in DIP...

I have Elizabeth Dehner, Dress Uniform Bashir, and Mirror Bev all in DIP/SCI seats. Plus, 2/5* Dr. Pulaski is in a MED/SEC seat, Dr. Hugh is in a SCI seat, Darth Bashir is in a DIP/SEC seat, Merry Men Crusher is in a SCI/SEC seat,Rev Phlox is in a COM/DIP seat, and Dr. Pollard is in a SCI/COM seat so Mulber can fill a MED/COM seat.

The others are filled sensibly...who knew there would be so many MED/SEC seats?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augments are leading early, allowing me to run Hirogen shuttles for Casings while y'all set me up for Augments shuttles later with post-event bonuses. Everything is proceeding according to my plan.
    Augments are leading early, allowing me to run Hirogen shuttles for Casings while y'all set me up for Augments shuttles later with post-event bonuses. Everything is proceeding according to my plan.

I’m running 8 Augment shuttles and only 6 Hirogen shuttles right now...

zutenlrksesl.gif
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

zutenlrksesl.gif

You're my favorite, @Dirk Gunderson.
  • I'm running only Augments too. :wink:
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running only Augments too. :wink:

And doing an amazing job of it. Congrats on your early lead!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

zutenlrksesl.gif

You're my favorite, @Dirk Gunderson.

Aw, shucks.
  • Aww shucks. I just came in here to make a joke and now y'all are being all nice. Thanks, Matt and Travis.

• SoupSoup ✭✭✭
    I’m digging this Med heavy event...It’s just what the doctor ordered
    Groan.
    Groan.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost a quarter of my last set of 11 shuttles came back failing. I may need to back off a bit. I think I'll switch to boosted shuttles instead of quick shuttles. It was nice near the top, but good luck to all who want it more.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my count, the Med and Sci seats are distributed thusly (w/ Med+Sci counted in both tallies):
    Hirogen - Med 7, Sci 14
    Federation - Med 9, Sci 10
    Augments - Med 4, Sci 12

I'm sure we all evaluate these things differently, especially with consideration of our own rosters, so I won't claim to have an applies-to-all answer here. But I'll just say that after starting with Augments, and briefly hunting with the Hirogens, I have docked at Starbase 12 and see no particular reason to leave.

Like Travis though, I'm happy that many of you are happy with the Augments. I look forward to several days of 5 chroniton rewards from them. :)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a brief stint on augments at 4K I think I have a better chance at federation sorry travis.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    By my count, the Med and Sci seats are distributed thusly (w/ Med+Sci counted in both tallies):
    Hirogen - Med 7, Sci 14
    Federation - Med 9, Sci 10
    Augments - Med 4, Sci 12

I'm sure we all evaluate these things differently, especially with consideration of our own rosters, so I won't claim to have an applies-to-all answer here. But I'll just say that after starting with Augments, and briefly hunting with the Hirogens, I have docked at Starbase 12 and see no particular reason to leave.

Like Travis though, I'm happy that many of you are happy with the Augments. I look forward to several days of 5 chroniton rewards from them. :)

The Federation has the best seats indeed. Good amount of med, little sci, some MED/SEC for Bashir and for the odd sci slot you're going to be forced to fill, there's always Picard & number 1. They're not ideal but the augment shuttles are horrible in comparison.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

zutenlrksesl.gif

Thats amazing. I am struggling to get 10 shuttles running (most of them federation). How many % are you running your shuttles at?
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    The dev team probably thinks it's funny to "subvert" expectations. Or something like that. It's boring but everyone will probably rush to the federation soon.

Can we not have a faction event without the federation? I don't see the point of designing a game with recipes and then punishing players by designing the game play to make it even harder to get the components. The shuttle seats should be the same for every faction so people can choose the fraction they need to use. Not constructed to make everyone use the federation because otherwise the odds are too low and the shuttles fail more. It's also a huge pain having all of Bash's shirts need an item that drops only from a faction that isn't part of the event. Why?
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    The dev team probably thinks it's funny to "subvert" expectations. Or something like that. It's boring but everyone will probably rush to the federation soon.

Can we not have a faction event without the federation? I don't see the point of designing a game with recipes and then punishing players by designing the game play to make it even harder to get the components. The shuttle seats should be the same for every faction so people can choose the fraction they need to use. Not constructed to make everyone use the federation because otherwise the odds are too low and the shuttles fail more. It's also a huge pain having all of Bash's shirts need an item that drops only from a faction that isn't part of the event. Why?

Um no, factions should have different seats to accomodate a variety of crew. A few ENG seats are fine, there is augment riker. A few SCI seats are acceptable, Odan Riker is featured. Issues arise when the devs stuff shuttles with as much SCI seats as they can while featured crew only have 4 SCI primary out of 80-ish. I didn't make the maths but empirically I would say less than a 3rd of the seats are MED focused while about 80% of the featured crew are various doctors and nurses.

I fully understand why rarer skill sets in crew pools need to be represented, what I disagree with is how seats have been distributed. There is a disproportionate amount of SCI seats and not enough MED and MED/SCI or MED/DIP ones.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ren~ wrote: »
    There are a lot of SCI seats, I don't know where the devs are finding all these SCI primaries but most of my physicians are twiddling their thumbs. Not a great seats distribution...

I was about to say the same thing. None of the seats seem to match up with the crew with event bonuses, and for an event granting a bonus to physicians, there is a noticeable lack of medical seats. I failed more shuttles in the first 12 hours of this event than I during the full 4 days of the last faction event.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »
    There are a lot of SCI seats, I don't know where the devs are finding all these SCI primaries but most of my physicians are twiddling their thumbs. Not a great seats distribution...

I was about to say the same thing. None of the seats seem to match up with the crew with event bonuses, and for an event granting a bonus to physicians, there is a noticeable lack of medical seats. I failed more shuttles in the first 12 hours of this event than I during the full 4 days of the last faction event.

I'm using Dr. Pollard for CMD/SCI, Rev. Phlox for CMD/DIP, and Hugh Culber and Cheesecake Seven for SCI/SEC. And all this while I see how long a MED/CMD voyage can go with no physicians on board. Such an odd experience.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Riker is a sci primary. There should be sci seats - though I agree, this many seems a bit much. It's a very common secondary skill for doctors (Culber, Pulaski, AF Bashir, Mobile Doc and Cheesecake to name a few), though, so it does kind of work.

mejoyh wrote: »

zutenlrksesl.gif

Thats amazing. I am struggling to get 10 shuttles running (most of them federation). How many % are you running your shuttles at?

If I can hit 85% with crew, I use a time-reducer; if the crew by itself is under 85%, I’ll throw a 4*/5* skill boost on there unless that doesn’t take it to at least 75% (at which point I skip that mission). Using these criteria, I have 18 shuttles running right now (8 Augment, 6 Fed, and 4 Hirogen). It’s vacuumed up all of my thawed Rikers/Bashirs/Culbers, all but three of my thawed Physicians (1/5* Sulan, 1/5* Defensive Phlox, and unleveled 2/5* Virtuoso Doc are still on the bench), and roughly five of the top seven immortal legendaries I have for every base skill other than MED.