Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

14567810»

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @Dirk Gunderson
    Better luck next time. I've never sored higher. I can't see myself trying like this again. That took about a year's worth of resources. It was not really worth it on one hand, but I do get the achievement. It was also quite a rush to compete and fight for a rank. I haven't had that kind of rush/anxiety since I lost out on Polywater Yar by 2 ranks.
    ivau45s50x7w.jpg

Don’t worry about it, and you did something really neat this weekend even if you don’t want to do it again all that much. Way to go!

Yes! Congrats @DavideBooks !!! Way to go my friend!

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job, David!!!!!

Glad you got a cool version of a Legendary!!!!!!

+

I finished high enough to get final copy and Immortalize Holo Doc before next week.

Also going to Level/Freeze Raquetball Bashir, to complete another three 🌟
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I forgot this event ended 16:00 GMT. I still have 8 shuttles out there, now lost in space.

Wasted so many tokens and boosts. For nothing. **tsk tsk** me.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I skipped a few pages, but surmise it to say, IMO this was the absolute worst Faction Event we have ever had. We all know the MED shuttles are in the minority, and with an Event which featured Physician/MED as the primary skill, there were just not enough MED shuttles to get it to work out properly.

Very poorly executed. Let's not do that again.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I disagree. Most shuttles had a med slot or 2. and most 5 star med have multiple skills. I had multiple med on every shuttle.
    I disagree. Most shuttles had a med slot or 2. and most 5 star med have multiple skills. I had multiple med on every shuttle.

Yeah I’m on your side of the fence with this one. I had plenty of MED seats and plenty of MED crew. The difference may be that I was running four shuttles while others may have been using Budget-Rent-A-Shuttle

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding crew slots, my handiest microcosm is that Sulan went out in a whole lot more SCI/CMD seats than MED ones.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I disagree. Most shuttles had a med slot or 2. and most 5 star med have multiple skills. I had multiple med on every shuttle.

Yeah I’m on your side of the fence with this one. I had plenty of MED seats and plenty of MED crew. The difference may be that I was running four shuttles while others may have been using Budget-Rent-A-Shuttle

I used over 200 tokens over the weekend, so I was running multiples a lot. And I had zero problems with staffing the shuttles — no matter which faction they came from. Now, granted, I did have Mycelial Culber at 5/5 for most of the weekend, and had a 1/5 Riker as well, but really, they didn't get used as much as you might think. 1701 Bashir came in really handy for the MED+SEC shuttles. It was more just about figuring out who would be best served on each shuttle, and staffing it the same way every time.

Kinda disappointed that Fed ended up with the win, 'cause Augment would've been so much more useful during the week, but I guess not everyone had the same ease of assigning crew that I did.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up with good percentages on my shuttles (unboosted averages of 94% on my best 4 and about 80% on the next best 4), but I think the difficulty/unrest stemmed from not having enough Sci+X crew to "properly" staff the seats. For me, there were a lot of crew using only 1 of their skills (on AND seats) and some were using only their secondary+tertiary skills rather than primary+whichever. It felt wrong, even though the overall percentages worked out fine. Finished 234th, so really can't complain.

I love this Scotty, but I'm surprised the quote is "This is War" instead of "Aye, you're a beauty". Pretty sure that's what Scotty says when he picks up the sword from the armory (which is what this pose seems to be based on).
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was helped by an immortalized EMH and two immortalized 1701 Bashir. And lots and lots of physicians. My shiny new Riker was only marginally helpful.
  • Just for some perspective, this might not have made the top 1,500 last faction event.
    a18denucroi4.png

I think you are right I was on border would have to look at that event thread. I posted what did not make it. I am pretty sure though that you would have missed top 1500 that event.

That was why I went almost all in on this event. My Crusoe account got exactly what I wanted top 15 for achievement. (actually 13th) my WaldoMag got top 25. (actual rank 21).

I should have just played for top 1500 with my main account since I was going for top 15 with my 2nd account. It was brutal sending 24 shuttles on both my accounts. On my second account I went through about 180 shuttle tokens. Almost all 54 of my x2 rewards boost. and half of 500 3* time reductions I had. Only used a few of the 4* and 5* time reduction. Mainly because I was not going for top 5.

Initially I was only sending all Hirogen and Augment shuttles, but I eventually had to send all federation shuttles too. When I did that it was near to the same time federation took the lead. I think there was two effects, the threshold dropouts and the leaders having to switch to semding all available shuttles.
    Oops missed the most important reason for federation taking the lead, as mentioned the seating gave favorable success rates to the federation for bonus crew available.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Just for some perspective, this might not have made the top 1,500 last faction event.
    a18denucroi4.png

I think you are right I was on border would have to look at that event thread. I posted what did not make it. I am pretty sure though that you would have missed top 1500 that event.

That was why I went almost all in on this event. My Crusoe account got exactly what I wanted top 15 for achievement. (actually 13th) my WaldoMag got top 25. (actual rank 21).

I should have just played for top 1500 with my main account since I was going for top 15 with my 2nd account. It was brutal sending 24 shuttles on both my accounts. On my second account I went through about 180 shuttle tokens. Almost all 54 of my x2 rewards boost. and half of 500 3* time reductions I had. Only used a few of the 4* and 5* time reduction. Mainly because I was not going for top 5.

Initially I was only sending all Hirogen and Augment shuttles, but I eventually had to send all federation shuttles too. When I did that it was near to the same time federation took the lead. I think there was two effects, the threshold dropouts and the leaders having to switch to semding all available shuttles.
    Oops missed the most important reason for federation taking the lead, as mentioned the seating gave favorable success rates to the federation for bonus crew available.

Good stuff. I think this is a pretty solid assessment. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Just for some perspective, this might not have made the top 1,500 last faction event.
    a18denucroi4.png

Good stuff. I think this is a pretty solid assessment. :)

Looked back at previous post. That event I had 698358 and was at 1510 rank. I do believe you could have been 1501 with your score. But, do not know exact cutoff.
    I do remember thinking it to be 702k. But do not know for sure. You may have just cleared it too.

Actually, read all my posts, I think I thought I would make it with 702358 score. However, I was very surprised how little I moved up as I added my 5 last shuttles that came in with little time left. I new this because i looked at scores as my shuttles came in, I thought I was going to make it with last shuttle, but I normally would have played it safe and dil'ed a 30 minute shuttle then looked at score. I would have most certainly caught a screenshot of 1500 then even if I did not make it because there would not have been any time to do another. As it was, when I looked with my last shuttle came in and realized I did not make it. I saw something like 20 seconds went to send shuttle and realized I would not be able to have it count, was just too late, but now I also lost my chance to get that screenshot of 1500 rank.

Forgot to mention those last 5 shuttles were all successes. No guarantee that 702358 would have made it. Though I would have been shocked at the time if it did not. But frankly, the little I moved with those last 5 successes could have meant 1 more success may not have done it, and I would have wasted the dil.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up with good percentages on my shuttles (unboosted averages of 94% on my best 4 and about 80% on the next best 4), but I think the difficulty/unrest stemmed from not having enough Sci+X crew to "properly" staff the seats. For me, there were a lot of crew using only 1 of their skills (on AND seats) and some were using only their secondary+tertiary skills rather than primary+whichever. It felt wrong, even though the overall percentages worked out fine. Finished 234th, so really can't complain.

As many MED/x seats as there were, I found myself using a lot of crew’s secondary and tertiary skills to fill seats - Elizabeth Dehner and Mirror Bev for DIP/SCI, Merry Men Crusherfor SEC/SCI, Darth Bashir and Crell Moset for DIP, Dark Ages McCoy for DIP/SEC, Dr. Culber and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy for SCI, Pollard for SCI/COM, and Rev Phlox and AoS Crusher for DIP/COM. Even Mycelial Culber almost exclusively covered MED/COM slots thanks to the dearth of MED/SCI (outside of one mission that came up for me maybe twice all weekend)...I think only Bones and my pair of Warship EMAs actually routinely filled slots for their best skills.

Having a 1/5* Riker Odan wouldn’t have helped this, either - there were just a ton of SCI and DIP slots everywhere that needed filling. Thankfully, those seem to be the most popular secondaries among Physicians...
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    ktrx4s8q4hx3.jpg
    Could have been better.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Banjo,

I was also renting an extra shuttle.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Banjo,

I was also renting an extra shuttle.

And you were prolly choosing your missions wisely

• No, Ran everyone I pulled. Including the 5 seaters. The only one I never had bonus crew for was the 4 seater that had the engineering seat. No bonus engineer.
    No, Ran everyone I pulled. Including the 5 seaters. The only one I never had bonus crew for was the 4 seater that had the engineering seat. No bonus engineer.

I had Mirror Bashir for that one

• Banjo,

My mirror Bashir is only 1 star, never saw him, and the best ones I had probably were better then him.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo,

My mirror Bashir is only 1 star, never saw him, and the best ones I had probably were better then him.

I had my Changeling Bashir and Mirror Bashir out. Ru'afo beat them both.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Yep Ru'afo is who I used.