Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    5 packs all Bashir so i guess no more reason to play in this event.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    For the lack of advance warning about the Physician trait providing a bonus as well, that was my bad.
    I overlooked it. I will send out some Merits with the in-game mail later on.

Thanks! Time to power level some Physicians... let's see how many I have hanging out at level 1 at 1/5.

I power-leveled Surgeon Pulaski and thawed out Drafted McCoy and Dr. Leonard McCoy before realizing I forgot to look at all the FE 5* Physicians I have to see if they were necessary...they weren’t. Don’t make the same mistake I did! :)

Don't forget to defrost Victorian Pulaski ... she has a solid DIP base. Better than McCoy. :)

@Jenos Idanian
    Merry Men Crusher 2/5 level 1 - maybe, depending on your SEC bonus crew. --- just sent a 5/5 version on a SEC/SCI voyage, ugh ... hopefully, she'll be back by even start.
    Age of Sail Crusher 1/5 level 1 - no, not great base stats at 1/5.
    Phlox, Au Naturel 1/5 level 1 - maybe, depending on your SCI.
    Dr. Toby Russell 4/4 level 1 - no, not even close.
    Surgeon Pulaski 1/5 level 1 - yes. But if you can't be bothered there are multiple 4/4s that come close for MED (if you're not stocked with 5* MED anyway)
  • mejoyh wrote: »
    I did 5 pulls thinking I might get a 5*.

No. I got 5 of Bashir. I think I'll stop there.

Count yourself lucky.... did 25 pulls.... i already had a 3/5 Odan Riker and was really hoping for Culber...

I got 23 Bashirs, 1 Odan Riker and 1 Culber... Quite possibly the worst return on pulls I've had ever... 15k Dil down the drain....

I’ve done only ten so far; doubt I’ll do more since the odds are so heavily sacked against me. Nothing but Bashirs the whole time. I weirdly got quite a few purple Beholds in those too but alas, they were all totally useless to me. So basically a FF Bashir and a whole lotta honor. Ugh.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the lack of advance warning about the Physician trait providing a bonus as well, that was my bad.

Thanks! Time to power level some Physicians... let's see how many I have hanging out at level 1 at 1/5.

I power-leveled Surgeon Pulaski and thawed out Drafted McCoy and Dr. Leonard McCoy before realizing I forgot to look at all the FE 5* Physicians I have to see if they were necessary...they weren’t. Don’t make the same mistake I did! :)

You make a good point...

I have that I could power level:
    • Merry Men Crusher 2/5 level 1
    • Age of Sail Crusher 1/5 level 1
    • Phlox, Au Naturel 1/5 level 1
    • Dr. Toby Russell 4/4 level 1
    • Surgeon Pulaski 1/5 level 1

I wonder if I should even bother...

RaraRacing made all of the comments and suggestions I would have. If it weren’t for my army of immortal doctors, I really would have needed to level Surgeon Pulaski, and Merry Men Crusher is quite solid if you are lacking the Rikers or non-event crew to fill SEC slots.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is how it will be now? Two golds and one purple, more expensive offers and just flip them on Saturday to where Culber is the $100 one? Maybe Bashir will go to $10 on Saturday?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, why can't we leave bonus pools at a manageable level and not make every faction event a full blown mega style drainfest ?

Agreed. Between Riker, Bashir and physicians, I suddenly have a pool of 29 FE 4*/5* crew active, without even worrying about frozen crew. As for skills, all but ENG are well covered in that regard.
  • 10 pulls, 10x Bashir..... I will Not pull any more packs rest of the year.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Don't forget to defrost Victorian Pulaski ... she has a solid DIP base. Better than McCoy. :)

@Jenos Idanian
    Merry Men Crusher 2/5 level 1 - maybe, depending on your SEC bonus crew. --- just sent a 5/5 version on a SEC/SCI voyage, ugh ... hopefully, she'll be back by even start.
    Age of Sail Crusher 1/5 level 1 - no, not great base stats at 1/5.
    Phlox, Au Naturel 1/5 level 1 - maybe, depending on your SCI.
    Dr. Toby Russell 4/4 level 1 - no, not even close.
    Surgeon Pulaski 1/5 level 1 - yes. But if you can't be bothered there are multiple 4/4s that come close for MED (if you're not stocked with 5* MED anyway)

That Pulaski gets overlooked a lot when she is Small Bonus, and her Combo comes up. She might even be better than she is "on paper" in some cases. Like this one.

Scottie's pose I like. But, any Scotsman with a good blade is gonna look good. {His Dress Uniform version technically should have a sword or at least a Dirk at his side. Traditionally, dress kilts included at least one visible weapon, IIRC.}

tnnhce4s1ll6.jpg
    2by1ux1xp7c3.jpg

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    So this is how it will be now? Two golds and one purple, more expensive offers and just flip them on Saturday to where Culber is the $100 one? Maybe Bashir will go to $10 on Saturday?

Why would anyone buy a Bashir offer? Any pack that doesn't drop a 5* will drop Bashir. It's probably cheaper to buy Dil and then buy packs with that Dil than to spend $10 on the packs included with it.

Looking ahead, next week will presumably have the emh plus a new 4*, so the 4* packs should return to normal. I guess we'll see tomorrow what the 5* looks like.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    n2u12905jdm9.png

Well, that has to be on the top-five list of best event pack pulls of all time. Congratulations!

Well, "bee swatter" Jake does kinda diminish it abit.... ;):D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Had a chunk of dil from the mini-event and the quadrennial offer, so decided to have a few pulls - out of a lucky 13, I got 3 Culbers, 1 Riker and 9 Bashirs, so I guess he's going to be my first dupe.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the exact Scotty pose I was hoping for, but not bad at all.

n0fipo7fy4bj.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    ugh, why can't we leave bonus pools at a manageable level and not make every faction event a full blown mega style drainfest ?

Agreed. Between Riker, Bashir and physicians, I suddenly have a pool of 29 FE 4*/5* crew active, without even worrying about frozen crew. As for skills, all but ENG are well covered in that regard.

Do you have Augment Riker? That's who I'm counting on to cover ENG.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Do you have Augment Riker? That's who I'm counting on to cover ENG.

I suspect even before you hit Augment Riker, you would have a few more immortalized 5* with stronger ENG than Riker with bonus. Determined Janeway and Ru'afo were both mega crew. And if you bought campaigns, Queen Po too. Unless you are also banking on getting his 2x bonus on stat boosts too.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 pulls: 6 1701 Bashirs, 1 Amelia Earheart, 3rd star for Forra Gegen, and 1 Myceliar Culber. I'm gonna stop now while I still have dilithium.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    7 pulls: 6 1701 Bashirs, 1 Amelia Earheart, 3rd star for Forra Gegen, and 1 Myceliar Culber. I'm gonna stop now while I still have dilithium.

My eighth (and final!) pull was a second Mulber - not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything. >:)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six packs, 5 Bashirs and 1 Culber.
    Let’s fly!
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Just lined up my top 30 crew for this event.... 22 of them have a MED primary. I keep getting this sinking feeling that not even half of the seats on a 3 seat faction are gonna be MED... :(

Primaries -
    22 MED, 3 SEC, 3 DIP, 1 CMD, 1 SCI... sooooo totally expecting some ENG seats lol...
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    These aren't my favorite event type. The good news, however, is that the augment faction may actually win instead of the federation.

Of the three factions involved, the augments offer the best chance at having MED seats to take advantage of physician. At least every third transmission usually asks for Med. Lets hope that means more people go out of their way to focus on it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    These aren't my favorite event type. The good news, however, is that the augment faction may actually win instead of the federation.

Of the three factions involved, the augments offer the best chance at having MED seats to take advantage of physician. At least every third transmission usually asks for Med. Lets hope that means more people go out of their way to focus on it.

Great point. I feel this will be the case

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish we would have known the Physician trait was going to be a bonus last week. I would not have leveled Alternate Future and Bashir, Julian Bashir. They were both awful to level and now I doubt they’ll even make a 4th shuttle with all the extra bonus crew I have including the Physicians. Ugh. So many resources down the drain.
  • the announcement that started this thread is still not showing physician, I know many of us would have read it in the thread or in game mail, but still a good idea to update the announcement in this event thread?
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Just lined up my top 30 crew for this event.... 22 of them have a MED primary. I keep getting this sinking feeling that not even half of the seats on a 3 seat faction are gonna be MED... :(

Primaries -
    22 MED, 3 SEC, 3 DIP, 1 CMD, 1 SCI... sooooo totally expecting some ENG seats lol...

I know the feeling. Here’s the breakdown for my top 40 bonus crew and the two event crew I have:

MED - 26
    SEC - 6
    DIP - 4
    COM - 4
    SCI - 2
    ENG - 1 (and that’s Augment Riker, who is not good)
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor evil Kirk...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Plus Augments drop stuff that Medical people often need. Such as Bashir and Mulber......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    If you are short Medical, don't forget that the TOS Mega Christine is a nurse, but has the "Physician" Trait. So does Doctor Geordi.......
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

We won't be running the same shuttle missions, though. Events featured exclusive, unique shuttle missions with their own text and seat assignments.
    Plus Augments drop stuff that Medical people often need. Such as Bashir and Mulber......

This, however, is the compelling reason to run Augments. Gotta figure next month's Picard mega will have some SCI and MED heavy crew so now's as good a time as any to stock up on 2* Science Experiments, 0* Medical Experiments, and probably Furs are gonna be handy. Of course, if Augments take a commanding, early lead, I'll switch over to Hirogen for Casings and hold off until Monday to start running Augments, when they'll have the post-event bonus.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    My plan is to run Federation for my quick start -- pick up a few more 0* film strips -- then switch over to augments for the rest of the weekend.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Okay, Augment Riker is so bad that I didn’t put him on a single seat during the kickstart even though I haven’t claimed any of the shuttles back yet. He was worse than non-bonus Kortar for the final SEC seat I had to fill...I sent Doc Crusher, Antaak, and a 1/5* Defensive Phlox on shuttles and even found places for my 2/5* 007 Bashir and 2/5* AF Bashir (not that any of these will go out again on non-kickstart shuttles). Yikes.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    There are a lot of SCI seats, I don't know where the devs are finding all these SCI primaries but most of my physicians are twiddling their thumbs. Not a great seats distribution...