Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    F2P still have access to dilithium, you can buy packs if you want to.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantum wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    I am out of the office this Friday and Monday, so posting this now :)

Event Name: The Enemy Within
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Riker Odan 5* (New), 1701 Bashir 4* (New), and Mycelial Culber 5* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/12 until Monday 03/16 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Rewards
    5*: Claymore Scotty (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 03/19.

Attention: As this event is a bit particular due to the fact that it features 2x 5* crew please note that Mycelial Culber will not be part of the ranked rewards, however the 4* ranked reward, Holonovel Doctor, will be a bonus crew for the event starting on 03/19.

Event Faction:Federation, Augments, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Riker, Bashir, and Culber.

Thanks for the early info @Shan and I hope you had a good long weekend break. I am sorry I am a bit late to the discussion here, but the changes here seem to be quite a burden for many players. Is there fair justification for the changes or something in the event to balance for early-career captains who will find the trial format difficult?

I was lucky I saw this in time to put in the hard yards to get Riker Odan, who is the only possible option for F2P. Early-career captains are a bit short on Legendary crew and in faction, events lean heavily on the existing 4* Crew to have a chance at even threshold rewards. This is event is already tougher as I don't think Culberhas a 4* version.

Isn't Mycelial Culber a purchased pack only so unavailable for F2P? There has been a reasonable balance between pay and F2P and it would be a great shame if the new owners were looking to push harder towards pay.

Kind Regards
    Phantum

There is one {IIRC} other Culber. Not sure how that was originally released, but is in the Portal, because I have mine at two 🌟 s from BeGolds. So, two Legendaries.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

It takes longer to build up {unless they offer more in further Mini-Events}, but it can be gathered slowly from Free Track of Campaigns. You just gotta be more "choosy" than someone who can get multiples of Tuesday and other Special Packs. Since there is no advance notice for situations like this, it's kind of hard to know which Packs to shoot for. But, FtP players definitely can get an occasional Pack.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes longer to build up {unless they offer more in further Mini-Events}, but it can be gathered slowly from Free Track of Campaigns. You just gotta be more "choosy" than someone who can get multiples of Tuesday and other Special Packs. Since there is no advance notice for situations like this, it's kind of hard to know which Packs to shoot for. But, FtP players definitely can get an occasional Pack.

Just last week FTP’s had access to over 7,000 dilithium just by clearing thresholds

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Just last week FTP’s had access to over 7,000 dilithium just by clearing thresholds

Yeah. I didn't get carried away with the Mini-Event, and still got a decent amount. I would love for more Mini-Events to reward Dilithiums. I'm just wondering if that was their way with the test one to "encourage" more free "Beta Testers". Like the short test Campaign that gave everyone a Legendary.

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I didn't get carried away with the Mini-Event, and still got a decent amount. I would love for more Mini-Events to reward Dilithiums. I'm just wondering if that was their way with the test one to "encourage" more free "Beta Testers". Like the short test Campaign that gave everyone a Legendary.

Absolutely it was designed to get as many people to participate as they could. And I must say I feel empty inside that we didn’t get a mini today

Absolutely it was designed to get as many people to participate as they could. And I must say I feel empty inside that we didn’t get a mini today

Me, too. Although I am almost out of Data until later this week. I could go silent at any moment.
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    After thinking about the info in wiki on Claymore (it is very informative),
    I have decided that it is not important which sword was named Great Sword first, but which sword was named it last. Truly the last sword named Great sword by Scott's is the correct one to be called Claymore. So the Britannica did get it right.
  • A new Bashir (from a PERFECT episode), a new Scotty (with extra Scottishness!), AND grounds lengthy debate about two-handed claymores vs. baskethilt swords?

Thought my birthday wasn't 'til July... :lol:
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm with Culber and Bashir as bonus crew, I really hope that there are gonna be alot of MED seats on the factions...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    hmmmm with Culber and Bashir as bonus crew, I really hope that there are gonna be alot of MED seats on the factions...

Aww, man...you said the magic words that will guarantee that ENG will be the featured skill. :)
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The hardest event to place in.<snip> ~Shan get double 5* event bonus crew. At best the threshold will give a 3/4 honor project that will offer moderate help with shuttle success, but only once it's half over. Cool.

Scott with a sword sounds cool.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    There are some good bonus options for this event but it is somewhat fragile and not very deep in coverage. Diplomacy funnily enough is quite weak for me.
    t2yukylhu8hg.png
    x5m2sd412yar.png

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • All I'm gonna say is no one in here is gonna see my Sword 🤣
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Augment Riker and his engineering might get some use.
    I think Augment Riker and his engineering might get some use.

Although I paid 100 merits the other day to test this very theory, his stats are still atrocious even with the bonus. On my crew he has only the ninth-strongest ENG base (between Assimilated La Forge and Etana Jol) and fourth-strongest ENG/SEC base combo (behind Determined Janeway, the Ba’ul, and my 2/5* Mirror Bashir).

Now, I do intend on going ape to get Scotty and might end up using Augment Riker after all, but it would only be on an ENG/SEC seat when three other such seats have already been filled. It goes without saying that I am not thawing out Changeling Bashir.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I've got all the 4* Bashir and Riker variants in the portal FF/FE... Proto Riker is not portal.

But only one 1/5 Riker (Mintakan) and three 1/5 Bashirs (AF, Secret Agent, and Prince). Man are the base stats at 1/5 for AF and Secret Agent Bashir BAD.
    I guess I've got all the 4* Bashir and Riker variants in the portal FF/FE... Proto Riker is not portal.

But only one 1/5 Riker (Mintakan) and three 1/5 Bashirs (AF, Secret Agent, and Prince). Man are the base stats at 1/5 for AF and Secret Agent Bashir BAD.

Yeah, my AF and 007 Bashirs are at 2/5* and are awful - my immortal Dress Uniform Bashir trounces both of them pretty soundly. AF Bashir’s MED base doesn’t crack the top ten on my crew and his other skills are even worse. 007 Bashir barely cracks my top ten for DIP base but his combined DIP/MED is worse than that of my 4/5* Dr. Culber, who doesn’t even have DIP (and even if my immortal Mycelial Culber was a bonus crew rather than event crew, the same would be true for him as well).

eo8jsxdys6gy.png
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Yeah, my AF and 007 Bashirs are at 2/5* and are awful - my immortal Dress Uniform Bashir trounces both of them pretty soundly. AF Bashir’s MED base doesn’t crack the top ten on my crew and his other skills are even worse. 007 Bashir barely cracks my top ten for DIP base but his combined DIP/MED is worse than that of my 4/5* Dr. Culber, who doesn’t even have DIP (and even if my immortal Mycelial Culber was a bonus crew rather than event crew, the same would be true for him as well).

eo8jsxdys6gy.png

Yeah in my stats above Prince Bashir is 3/5 and is only just becoming serviceable 00Bashir is also 3/5 but not really cutting it and well AF Bashir at 1/5 can’t use him for anything, frustrating because he would fill a med com seat if his stats were up to it. Wonder what skill 1701 Bashir will have.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also consider that with skill bonus Augment Riker benefits more than normal crew. I am sure mine will get used despite his pure stats. For sure I will not blow time reducers throughout 4 days, that would be an unnecessary waste (I usually end up in the top 500 when switching to skill boosts on Saturday).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

eo8jsxdys6gy.png

@Dirk Gunderson stick an IFERROR( before your code where you might get an N/A and it will show a blank cell instead. Much neater.

eo8jsxdys6gy.png

@Dirk Gunderson stick an IFERROR( before your code where you might get an N/A and it will show a blank cell instead. Much neater.

That’s on my to-do list, I‘ve just been lazy. :)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, Bashir looks GREAT.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to Holonovel Doctor, i see Author Doctor in ranks? 🤔
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    k4thrt0j3anm.jpeg

Huh? Would have been good to know that earlier.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to Holonovel Doctor, i see Author Doctor in ranks? 🤔

I thought the same. I was sure of it and unfroze him.
    k4thrt0j3anm.jpeg

Huh? Would have been good to know that earlier.

Indeed. That would have been good to know when swapping crew.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 5 pulls thinking I might get a 5*.

No. I got 5 of Bashir. I think I'll stop there.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost had that result... got Culber on pull five. Not gloating, but was very close to rage-chucking my phone.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Count yourself lucky.... did 25 pulls.... i already had a 3/5 Odan Riker and was really hoping for Culber...

I got 23 Bashirs, 1 Odan Riker and 1 Culber... Quite possibly the worst return on pulls I've had ever... 15k Dil down the drain....