Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only see six possibilities for next week's reward schema. In ascending order of favor-ability:

1 One of the 4*'s is replaced by a cadet.
    2 Holonovel Doctor is in this week's rank rewards and also next week's rewards.
    3 Next week's 4* is in both the thresholds and rank rewards.
    4 There are three 4*'s in next week's event: One in thresholds, one in rank rewards, and Holonovel Doctor in packs.
    5 Despite the disclaimer, the format changes and next week's rank reward 4* features in the subsequent event.
    6 One of the 4*'s is replaced by citations/honor/dilithium.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the early info Shan! I just finished reading this awesome TOS paperback

309?cb=20170320023739

when Scotty ends up being transported back to the 1740s and does indeed start beating up Englishmen, can't wait to see that version and Samurai Sulu and USSR Chekov in game too :)

and do we know if DB/TP has rights to make/use anybody from the various novelverses?
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between this and the two campaigns that used non-portal 4*, I think I’m done citing Tuesday pack crew, and possibly spending the stupid sums of dilithium required to get them in the first place. I applaud the choice to make good cards easier to come by, and I look forward to the gobs of money I’m going to save due to the recent, positive-appearing changes taking place! I may even decide to simply stop citing at all, and just wait out the next big honorpalooza.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first read Claymore I thought of a mine also.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The landmine is actually named after the sword.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the early info Shan! I just finished reading this awesome TOS paperback

I have nearly every book from that publishing era. So many great ones. My wife hates it every time we move since half the boxes I pack are old Trek books. I just smile.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to consider this event the official STT salute to the recently departed Neil Peart (RIP).

1jkxf34vjudy.jpg

Also, please tell me I am not the only person who read claymore as a mine and not a sword?
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I am going to consider this event the official STT salute to the recently departed Neil Peart (RIP).

1jkxf34vjudy.jpg

Also, please tell me I am not the only person who read claymore as a mine and not a sword?

Isn’t that giving in to security under pressure?

DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Cuttysark wrote: »
    just in case anybody wants to know: this is a claymore:
    h3hws4vnr06n.jpg

I believe the sword Montgomery is using is an Epee or a Foil.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nearly every book from that publishing era. So many great ones. My wife hates it every time we move since half the boxes I pack are old Trek books. I just smile.

very nice - i have one shelf that's getting fuller and a pile that is slowly growing smaller :)

The single greatest moment in Star Trek literature is in J.M. Dillard's novel Bloodthirst:
    It seemed to Sulu that [Chekov's] Russian accent was growing thicker by the second. "Security knows nothing about dealing with" — he paused for effect — "wampires."

...I wonder if Wicked Realm can be persuaded to give us an event with wampires.

TOS did a few holiday episodes, including a Halloween episode or two. Also, they could do an Event where Chekov encounters Reman, without knowing the Romulan connection........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    So we lose a 4* bonus crew that a lot of people had and it is replaced by a pack only 5* crew most people are missing? That seriously reduces the bonus crew available to people.

I take back my criticism. I realized there is one major benefit of only having one 4* crew. If you buy an event pack you are guaranteed either the new 4* or a 5*. With only 3 copies of Bashir in threshold this should be an easy buy for everyone including f2p. There is no risk of not getting a useful card unless you have both 5* FF.

All that will happen is the 4* will drop even more regularly, don't expect to buy a 5 event pack and get 2-3 5* crew more like 5x 4* event crew. Sorry for the pessimism
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we lose a 4* bonus crew that a lot of people had and it is replaced by a pack only 5* crew most people are missing? That seriously reduces the bonus crew available to people.

I take back my criticism. I realized there is one major benefit of only having one 4* crew. If you buy an event pack you are guaranteed either the new 4* or a 5*. With only 3 copies of Bashir in threshold this should be an easy buy for everyone including f2p. There is no risk of not getting a useful card unless you have both 5* FF.

All that will happen is the 4* will drop even more regularly, don't expect to buy a 5 event pack and get 2-3 5* crew more like 5x 4* event crew. Sorry for the pessimism

I never said anything about it being good for the 5*. The 5* will still have a 10% chance(and split between 2 crew to be even worse). But if you regularly avoid event packs because the you have the old character FF, this is a good pack where you can buy a single pack and no you won't get a card you have FF.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    5az3kyq58qta.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    5az3kyq58qta.png

Needs a red shirt and some odd shading... and a face... but otherwise a good likeness.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    HaBlack wrote: »
    All Scottish swords are generally known as Claymores. That name is derived from the Scottish Gaelic term claidheamh mòr meaning “Great Sword”. This includes basket-hilt claymore.

But with time and fantasy games/books influence that name became name only for long two-handed sword.

Unfortunately that is wrong ... sheesh ... has nothing to do with "fantasy games/books". I have been to the Highlands, my ancestors come from the Highlands, I come from the Clan Donnell: vassals to Clan MacLeod. I have been to Dunvegan Castle (as mentioned in the wikipedia). I have personally supped with his mighty Laird Hugh (of Clan MacLeod).

Everybody in Scotland knows what a Claymore is ... and that it's good for chopping the heads off Englishers (or your fellow Scot if nothing else is available) No Scot would be caught dead with a one-handed sword no matter what you call it!

qulkkbp2lilz.jpg
    Dunvegan "Castle" in 2011

(no more from me about a moot point! My Damn Scottish pride! lol)

Are you related to Duncan MacLeod, of the Clan MacLeod?
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »
    Hi @Shan , does Changeling Bashir count as a variant of Bashir for this event?

I’d also like to know.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    zjbp96pquvej.jpeg

Mc Cloud
    Let’s fly!
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭

1jkxf34vjudy.jpg

YES! RIP Neil! Rush on!
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Not a fan of this as I just don't like having a special pack only being claimed as existing crew
  • edited March 2020

1jkxf34vjudy.jpg

The following events will be called "The Weapon", followed by "Witchhunt". It'll be part of the mini-non Mega known as the "Fear Trilogy"!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d also like to know.

As I recall, Changeling Bashir is considered a variant of Bashir in DB's system. If anyone remembers otherwise, please correct me.

I’d also like to know.

As I recall, Changeling Bashir is considered a variant of Bashir in DB's system. If anyone remembers otherwise, please correct me.

Everyone knows that I have a terrible rememory, but I believe that is correct.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d also like to know.

I seem to recall early events where he was not, but it would be goos to get clarification.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of this as I just don't like having a special pack only being claimed as existing crew

If you're referring to Mycelial Culber as an existing pack-only 5* crew, it's not unprecedented:

10/6/16 "Holograms Are Forever" Bashir, Julian Bashir
    10/27/16 "Ghost in the Machine" Dr. Soong

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a scheduling request to make....
  • PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am out of the office this Friday and Monday, so posting this now :)

Event Name: The Enemy Within
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Riker Odan 5* (New), 1701 Bashir 4* (New), and Mycelial Culber 5* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/12 until Monday 03/16 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Rewards
    5*: Claymore Scotty (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 03/19.

Attention: As this event is a bit particular due to the fact that it features 2x 5* crew please note that Mycelial Culber will not be part of the ranked rewards, however the 4* ranked reward, Holonovel Doctor, will be a bonus crew for the event starting on 03/19.

Event Faction:Federation, Augments, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Riker, Bashir, and Culber.

Thanks for the early info @Shan and I hope you had a good long weekend break. I am sorry I am a bit late to the discussion here, but the changes here seem to be quite a burden for many players. Is there fair justification for the changes or something in the event to balance for early-career captains who will find the trial format difficult?

I was lucky I saw this in time to put in the hard yards to get Riker Odan, who is the only possible option for F2P. Early-career captains are a bit short on Legendary crew and in faction, events lean heavily on the existing 4* Crew to have a chance at even threshold rewards. This is event is already tougher as I don't think Culberhas a 4* version.

Isn't Mycelial Culber a purchased pack only so unavailable for F2P? There has been a reasonable balance between pay and F2P and it would be a great shame if the new owners were looking to push harder towards pay.

Kind Regards
    Phantum