Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    So many questions...
    "This event is a bit particular..." As in it's a one of a kind? A beta test? The start of a planned trend? The first TP event? @Banjo1012 's birthday? Something somehow more random?

Will the event deals be $100, $50, and $10 on the first day? Will TP send out a mailbox freebie like Tuxedo Nog? Can we get another Tuxedo Nog for old times' sake?

When will we get a 1701 collection? What will it be called? I like that episode, so thanks for Bashir. But will the TOS crew be part of the collection? They kind of have to, right?

Ok, I have to go do things. I'll cut the questions off there. (I don't expect them to be answered, but feel free to. :) )

To answer one of your questions, my birthday was two Saturdays ago. It would be a little belated but definitely a possibility

That is still eerily close. Happy Birthday, you cranky spandex-wearing dog :smiley:

Well thank you my friend! I had no idea I was considered cranky. In my real life I’m the guy who sings in the shower and doesn’t let anything bother me. Guess I’m just passionate about this game I love so much

Crumodgeonly might be better, and its only really a minority of posts, but it always seems to be in good fun. Maybe it justs sounds like that when I visualise your avatar speaking.

Im going to work hard to become a better person here, as I am in life

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    So we lose a 4* bonus crew that a lot of people had and it is replaced by a pack only 5* crew most people are missing? That seriously reduces the bonus crew available to people.

I take back my criticism. I realized there is one major benefit of only having one 4* crew. If you buy an event pack you are guaranteed either the new 4* or a 5*. With only 3 copies of Bashir in threshold this should be an easy buy for everyone including f2p. There is no risk of not getting a useful card unless you have both 5* FF.

This was my first thought. I'll buy at least one pack and be happy for it.
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Actually it isn't really a basket-hilt broadsword ....

"A claymore is either the Scottish variant of the late medieval two-handed sword or the Scottish variant of the basket-hilted sword. The former is characterized as having a cross hilt of forward-sloping quillons with quatrefoil terminations and was in use from the 15th to 17th centuries."

"The 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica likewise judged that the term is "wrongly" applied to the basket-hilted sword."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

A proud Scottish beast beholden to no thing ... ;)

and a Claymore never appears in that episode. ;) Be that as it may, the sword Scotty has is a one-handed sword and a claymore is two-handed (better to chop the heads off Englishers)

I read that wiki on claymore. And, it looks like there is more proof that the basket-hilted broadsword is the claymore.

I have to say it is surprising. Because, it seems the two handed sword that we are use to thinking of as claymore, has won out with time.
    Even the wiki is setup to describe the claymore as the two-handed sword with forward-sloping quillions with quarterfoil on each end.

You might have said it. But that picture of Scotty with basket-hilted sword, I do not believe is the claymore but a shorter version. The movie Rob Roy may actually be the one described in the wiki as being what was termed Claymore.
    Of course, now it pretty much is described as being wrongly called a Claymore.
    Because, that 1911 reference by the Encyclopedia Britannica has won, at least for the time being.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Actually it isn't really a basket-hilt broadsword ....

"A claymore is either the Scottish variant of the late medieval two-handed sword or the Scottish variant of the basket-hilted sword. The former is characterized as having a cross hilt of forward-sloping quillons with quatrefoil terminations and was in use from the 15th to 17th centuries."

"The 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica likewise judged that the term is "wrongly" applied to the basket-hilted sword."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

A proud Scottish beast beholden to no thing ... ;)

and a Claymore never appears in that episode. ;) Be that as it may, the sword Scotty has is a one-handed sword and a claymore is two-handed (better to chop the heads off Englishers)

I read that wiki on claymore. And, it looks like there is more proof that the basket-hilted broadsword is the claymore.

I have to say it is surprising. Because, it seems the two handed sword that we are use to thinking of as claymore, has won out with time.
    Even the wiki is setup to describe the claymore as the two-handed sword with forward-sloping quillions with quarterfoil on each end.

You might have said it. But that picture of Scotty with basket-hilted sword, I do not believe is the claymore but a shorter version. The movie Rob Roy may actually be the one described in the wiki as being what was termed Claymore.
    Of course, now it pretty much is described as being wrongly called a Claymore.
    Because, that 1911 reference by the Encyclopedia Britannica has won, at least for the time being.

:wink::smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    So many questions...
    "This event is a bit particular..." As in it's a one of a kind? A beta test? The start of a planned trend? The first TP event? @Banjo1012 's birthday? Something somehow more random?

Will the event deals be $100, $50, and $10 on the first day? Will TP send out a mailbox freebie like Tuxedo Nog? Can we get another Tuxedo Nog for old times' sake?

When will we get a 1701 collection? What will it be called? I like that episode, so thanks for Bashir. But will the TOS crew be part of the collection? They kind of have to, right?

Ok, I have to go do things. I'll cut the questions off there. (I don't expect them to be answered, but feel free to. :) )

To answer one of your questions, my birthday was two Saturdays ago. It would be a little belated but definitely a possibility

That is still eerily close. Happy Birthday, you cranky spandex-wearing dog :smiley:

Well thank you my friend! I had no idea I was considered cranky. In my real life I’m the guy who sings in the shower and doesn’t let anything bother me. Guess I’m just passionate about this game I love so much

Crumodgeonly might be better, and its only really a minority of posts, but it always seems to be in good fun. Maybe it justs sounds like that when I visualise your avatar speaking.

Oh yeah, oh sure! We all know you're just plain rotten to the core! Somebody give him a broad sword to smite himself!!!
    ( J/K of course ... since we're all being considerate tonight >:) LOL )

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the choice in featured crew benefits us, players, so that sounds like the perfect opportunity to do no special effort and send 4 normal duration shuttles.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    HaBlack wrote: »
    All Scottish swords are generally known as Claymores. That name is derived from the Scottish Gaelic term claidheamh mòr meaning “Great Sword”. This includes basket-hilt claymore.

But with time and fantasy games/books influence that name became name only for long two-handed sword.

Unfortunately that is wrong ... sheesh ... has nothing to do with "fantasy games/books". I have been to the Highlands, my ancestors come from the Highlands, I come from the Clan Donnell: vassals to Clan MacLeod. I have been to Dunvegan Castle (as mentioned in the wikipedia). I have personally supped with his mighty Laird Hugh (of Clan MacLeod).

Everybody in Scotland knows what a Claymore is ... and that it's good for chopping the heads off Englishers (or your fellow Scot if nothing else is available) No Scot would be caught dead with a one-handed sword no matter what you call it!

qulkkbp2lilz.jpg
    Dunvegan "Castle" in 2011

(no more from me about a moot point! My Damn Scottish pride! lol)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I like the idea of the ranked 4* being an event crew for the next week.

I also don't have anything against an additional 5* being event crew (even though that could mean twice as many pulls are needed for those who want to get a specific 5* from packs), but it bothers me that it takes the place of the existing 4*.

It's true that at least one pull of event packs is guaranteed to give a useful card this week, but if I wanted to rank for Scotty I would be annoyed by the lack of event crew in my roster.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    So what does that mean for the following event then? Holonovel Doc will AGAIN be the ranked reward? This is a bit weird.

TP should keep the structure with the ranked 4* (/edit: and 3* while we are at it) being useful for the subsequent event after this one for the future.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many questions...

I just picked a random forum name. Happy belated birthday and thanks for not getting mad. :) Also, thanks to @Cuttysark for going along with it in that other thread.

Ha! I saw no reason to be mad at all. Kinda cool I was the name pulled out of the hat! 2-15-74. The day after Valentines Day

Too funny @Banjo1012 3/1/74 you got me by a couple of weeks only.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what does that mean for the following event then? Holonovel Doc will AGAIN be the ranked reward? This is a bit weird.

TP should keep the structure with the ranked 4* (/edit: and 3* while we are at it) being useful for the subsequent event after this one for the future.

I came to ask the very same thing.

Not totally happy about this DB. Everyone would have been super stoked if you'd have added Culber to the threshold rewards. That is all.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the chance to pull Culber from an event pack. I wasted all my dil trying to get him from the Tuesday pack when he was announced.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    340.png

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

that pose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙏🖖🙏🖖🙏
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    340.png

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

that pose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙏🖖🙏🖖🙏

I also favor this pose. And maybe longsword Scotty. Admittedly, this is just the fantasy fan talking. I have no real knowledge of swords. To me, a claymore is just as much a land line as it is a sword.
    Farewell 🖖
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    So many questions...

I just picked a random forum name. Happy belated birthday and thanks for not getting mad. :) Also, thanks to @Cuttysark for going along with it in that other thread.

Ha! I saw no reason to be mad at all. Kinda cool I was the name pulled out of the hat! 2-15-74. The day after Valentines Day

Too funny @Banjo1012 3/1/74 you got me by a couple of weeks only.

Well happy birthday to you @cmdrworf! Perhaps we were in school together and didn’t know it!

• So what does that mean for the following event then? Holonovel Doc will AGAIN be the ranked reward? This is a bit weird.

I was wondering too. I guess he will be packs-only like Culber in this event, but it's just speculation.
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    Hi @Shan , does Changeling Bashir count as a variant of Bashir for this event?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    For clarity the post should just state:

The Enemy Within bonus crew
    - Riker Odan - Dirty Rotten Holograms II (flashback) - rank reward
    - 1701 Bashir - The Enemy Within - threshold reward
    - Mycelial Culber - The Enemy Within - pack only

Bonus crew event 19.03.20
    - Claymore Scotty - The Enemy Within - rank reward
    - Holonovel Doctor - The Enemy Within - rank reward

Crew name and how you can get them ... easy as. No need to wonder, speculate etc. etc.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

I take back my criticism. I realized there is one major benefit of only having one 4* crew. If you buy an event pack you are guaranteed either the new 4* or a 5*. With only 3 copies of Bashir in threshold this should be an easy buy for everyone including f2p. There is no risk of not getting a useful card unless you have both 5* FF.

This is what I'm curious about. Since holonovel doc is not an event crew, does this mean event packs are only 2 golds and 1 purple? or is DB/TP/WR going to water down packs still by throwing holonovel in them.

Logic would dictate holonovel shouldn't be in packs until the next week. limit packs to event crew only.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!

This is what I'm curious about. Since holonovel doc is not an event crew, does this mean event packs are only 2 golds and 1 purple? or is DB/TP/WR going to water down packs still by throwing holonovel in them.

Logic would dictate holonovel shouldn't be in packs until the next week. limit packs to event crew only.

I’m glad I’m not too interested in the crew this week. Will give me a chance to sit back and let things shake down and see how everyone responds to it

• 4h4ebzap7ddu.png

Yes, I am right footed. I will now put the sword on my foot😉🙂
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I have to say, not a big fan of the event crew that is only available for purchases. This is a slippery slope that does not end well.

I couldn't agree more.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many questions...

Ha ha me too. I'm also one to talk about visualizing avatars speaking; Rene Auberjonois in sepia tone is a crumodgony image as well.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Whom It May Concern,

I, the undersigned, petition to have an extended threshold added offering players the chance to earn one (1) copy of Mycelial Culber.

Sincerely,

Travis S. McClain, nerd

Even as someone who got fantastically lucky that Tuesday and now has an immortal Mycelial Culber, I will proudly co-sign this petition.
    340.png

I do love this pose but I have to say, the look on his face as he picks the sword up from the rack is absolutely perfect to me...it’ll be great either way.
    So many questions...

Ha ha me too. I'm also one to talk about visualizing avatars speaking; Rene Auberjonois in sepia tone is a crumodgony image as well.

I was banned for two weeks once. It broke my heart to see my little buddy Banjo behind prison bars. If anything I should strive to be better for that sake

• So what does that mean for the following event then? Holonovel Doc will AGAIN be the ranked reward? This is a bit weird.

I was wondering too. I guess he will be packs-only like Culber in this event, but it's just speculation.

I am assuming that this will all make more sense once we see what that 3/19 event is. I would hope that Doc will NOT be the ranked reward because that would be a bit silly (especially considering the blowback from Game's Afoot 3 and so many Doc Geordis)
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holonovel Doctor has never been in an event. You're probably remembering that he was serialized in the daily rewards in the first quarter of 2017. The last time any version of The Doctor featured in any event was "Photonic Fantasies 2: Updated and Revised" (10/11/18).