Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, there were no winning faction bonus shuttles after previously rerun faction events, yes? If so, I have spotted a rather large whole in said plan.

I'm not sure of the "rerun" relevance to the current event, but from the event notes:

"Faction Winner Bonus: Y"
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURSES!

lol
  • Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I have a further question. If there is a bonus and there are 2.5 hour shuttles, if I put a 1.5 time reducers in it will it come back in an hour or will it say “one or the other”. Either you get the winning faction bonus time reduction or the time reduction but not both?

You get both! :smiley:
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    I have a further question. If there is a bonus and there are 2.5 hour shuttles, if I put a 1.5 time reducers in it will it come back in an hour or will it say “one or the other”. Either you get the winning faction bonus time reduction or the time reduction but not both?

Awesome!! This will really help my trainer quest!

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Y'all are messing this up, making me run Augments shuttles now. I can't even remember the last time two factions were actually close in an event. Or that I cared. Seriously, are any of you Federation people even thinking about all the 2* Science Experiments or 3* and 4* Clothing Patterns we're going to need in next month's Picard mega?

More importantly, think of all the 2* Science Experiments and 3* and 4* Clothing Patterns you can stockpile.
    edited March 2020

More importantly, think of all the 2* Science Experiments and 3* and 4* Clothing Patterns you can stockpile.

In my quest, I have been stockpiling one and two star crew. Anyone with MED or SCI I airlock because of the science and medical experiment needs. It has worked out quite well. Also airlocking any Ferengi due to the grub worms and Bajorans because they all have something that is Maquis faction only. Also Chikotay. His tattoo needs that same item.

In my quest, I have been stockpiling one and two star crew. Anyone with MED or SCI I airlock because of the science and medical experiment needs. It has worked out quite well. Also airlocking any Ferengi due to the grub worms and Bajorans because they all have something that is Maquis faction only. Also Chikotay. His tattoo needs that same item.

Even if you don't use those things on cadets, you'll still surely need them for plenty of crew you do keep. They're not gonna replenish themselves!

Also, I can understand 86ing someone you don't care about because they need MED or SCI stuff, but why not wait until we have an event where your choices are Bajoran, Ferengi, Maquis, and/or some other faction you ordinarily ignore? It's easy to accrue a lot of the things you need for them in the course of a single event. Also, the Maquis are worth running if only for the 2* Encoded Communiques that a ton of crew need. You don't have to give those to your Maquis crew and still wind up with the faction-only things they need.

Even if you don't use those things on cadets, you'll still surely need them for plenty of crew you do keep. They're not gonna replenish themselves!

Also, I can understand 86ing someone you don't care about because they need MED or SCI stuff, but why not wait until we have an event where your choices are Bajoran, Ferengi, Maquis, and/or some other faction you ordinarily ignore? It's easy to accrue a lot of the things you need for them in the course of a single event. Also, the Maquis are worth running if only for the 2* Encoded Communiques that a ton of crew need. You don't have to give those to your Maquis crew and still wind up with the faction-only things they need.

It’s also very eSy to acquire one and two star crew so I’m not short on people to level even with being selective. Plus I’m only 32 immortals away from finishing now. When it’s not a faction event I have been running two Section 31 and two Augment shuttles 24/7. I have enough of those items for say my North Star T’Pol when I get the final citation for her. My strategy has been very beneficial

It’s also very eSy to acquire one and two star crew so I’m not short on people to level even with being selective. Plus I’m only 32 immortals away from finishing now. When it’s not a faction event I have been running two Section 31 and two Augment shuttles 24/7. I have enough of those items for say my North Star T’Pol when I get the final citation for her. My strategy has been very beneficial

I get it. I was able to get and stay caught up on my crew for the better part of the last three years in large part by being selective and ruthless about who I kept. However, the new crew coming out recently have increasingly demanding item recipes. There was a run earlier this year where it seemed every week, someone new needed 2* Science Experiments and 4* Clothing Patterns, sometimes at several levels. Even with the luxury of having no one to equip most days of the week, I couldn't keep up with them. The Clothing Patterns can be had from missions, and of course you can always just replicate things, but neither is ideal.

I get it. I was able to get and stay caught up on my crew for the better part of the last three years in large part by being selective and ruthless about who I kept. However, the new crew coming out recently have increasingly demanding item recipes. There was a run earlier this year where it seemed every week, someone new needed 2* Science Experiments and 4* Clothing Patterns, sometimes at several levels. Even with the luxury of having no one to equip most days of the week, I couldn't keep up with them. The Clothing Patterns can be had from missions, and of course you can always just replicate things, but neither is ideal.

Eight replications a day is quite a nice cushion

I don't get eight, but I do use all of mine most days, even if it's just to replicate something I anticipate needing later. And I visit the faction center stores daily. It still isn't enough to keep up with the demands of these recipes.

Also, what does the Federation drop that's of all that much value? Ancient Films? If you're [plural here, not just addressing you, Banjo] hellbent on getting Claymore Scotty, I get it, but if you're competing for the sake of competing, why set us up for a faction that doesn't drop anything nearly as valuable as those 2* Science Experiments and 0* Medical Experiments?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I'm in favor of an Augment victory. However, I'm running all six 3-seaters every hour and a half. I will probably switch to hourly. Top 50 is this insane, top 25 must be brutal.

I don't get eight, but I do use all of mine most days, even if it's just to replicate something I anticipate needing later. And I visit the faction center stores daily. It still isn't enough to keep up with the demands of these recipes.

Also, what does the Federation drop that's of all that much value? Ancient Films? If you're [plural here, not just addressing you, Banjo] hellbent on getting Claymore Scotty, I get it, but if you're competing for the sake of competing, why set us up for a faction that doesn't drop anything nearly as valuable as those 2* Science Experiments and 0* Medical Experiments?

What I do is run missions to keep my count even. If I’m at 61,63,63, I’ll run two of each 63’s to bring it to an even 61. That is the extent of my OCD

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

0* Ancient Films are the obvious one but I always had trouble with coming up with 0* Orchids unless I loaded up on Federation missions. 3* Synthesized Polymers are nice to have as well.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, what does the Federation drop that's of all that much value? Ancient Films?

I have my Federation shuttles at :30 seconds, so that I can go crazy farming for Ancient Films (and Orchids) if needed. Because of that, I've got a fairly good supply. I had kept my Augment shuttles also at :30, but the Basic Medical Experiments (useful as they are) were pretty much all that I was getting from that, as the uncommon items just didn't drop more than once in a blue moon at that difficulty level. So the other week I decided to let them go back to 3 hours.

But I've been running a lot of Augment shuttles this weekend (well, to be honest, I've been running all 3, with Federation and Augment getting the most use). With the number of speed boosts I've been using (currently sitting in the top 15 on the leaderboard), it'd take me ages to run that many Augment shuttles during the week. So this way I can at least shore up my reserves of 2* Science Experiments a little bit (especially since 1701 Bashir stole so many from me, the thief).

Typically during Faction events I'll give first priority to any faction that I have at :30-sec missions, since that's my opportunity to get any of its higher star items without it affecting those mission lengths during the week.

So yeah, long story short, I'm doing my part, sir. o:)

busoi9fjdttr.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Also, what does the Federation drop that's of all that much value? Ancient Films?

I have my Federation shuttles at :30 seconds, so that I can go crazy farming for Ancient Films (and Orchids) if needed. Because of that, I've got a fairly good supply. I had kept my Augment shuttles also at :30, but the Basic Medical Experiments (useful as they are) were pretty much all that I was getting from that, as the uncommon items just didn't drop more than once in a blue moon at that difficulty level. So the other week I decided to let them go back to 3 hours.

But I've been running a lot of Augment shuttles this weekend (well, to be honest, I've been running all 3, with Federation and Augment getting the most use). With the number of speed boosts I've been using (currently sitting in the top 15 on the leaderboard), it'd take me ages to run that many Augment shuttles during the week. So this way I can at least shore up my reserves of 2* Science Experiments a little bit (especially since 1701 Bashir stole so many from me, the thief).

Typically during Faction events I'll give first priority to any faction that I have at :30-sec missions, since that's my opportunity to get any of its higher star items without it affecting those mission lengths during the week.

So yeah, long story short, I'm doing my part, sir. o:)

busoi9fjdttr.gif

You're my favorite, @Data1001.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    aku914kskb36.png

I didn’t think the lead would change last night.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    aku914kskb36.png

Interesting side note: the screen location of my faction counters are arranged as Fed (top), Hirogen (middle), Augment (bottom). Why would it vary on different platforms (assuming we're not using the same one)?

Also: at this moment, Fed is leading Augment by a mere 3 million units. Step it up, Augment-ers!

Side note #2 - does anyone know if these "units" are number of shuttles sent or VP earned? I haven't done the math, but if it's the shuttle count... dang that's a lot of shuttles.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    We need to get the Augment score up y'all.

I'm guessing the score will flip significantly to the federation side as we close on the end. It **tsk tsk**, but it's understandable. People are going to take the easier shuttles to secure their leaderboard positions. The ones who aren't have probably gotten as far in the thresholds as they care to.

It's unfortunate, because tanking for an Augment win would seem a rare chance to pad inventory with those items. Even if you aren't thinking about leaderboard position, let's spam the Augments for the fraction bonus.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked about that before when I noticed a different order in the factions. I’m on iOS, maybe it depends on which order you open factions at the start of the event?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    We need to get the Augment score up y'all.

I'm guessing the score will flip significantly to the federation side as we close on the end. It **tsk tsk**, but it's understandable. People are going to take the easier shuttles to secure their leaderboard positions. The ones who aren't have probably gotten as far in the thresholds as they care to.

It's unfortunate, because tanking for an Augment win would seem a rare chance to pad inventory with those items. Even if you aren't thinking about leaderboard position, let's spam the Augments for the fraction bonus.

I've been trying. It's been all Augment for me since I got to 4k VP shuttles. I'm in the top 300, so I've certainly not been letting up. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are messing this up, making me run Augments shuttles now. I can't even remember the last time two factions were actually close in an event. Or that I cared. Seriously, are any of you Federation people even thinking about all the 2* Science Experiments or 3* and 4* Clothing Patterns we're going to need in next month's Picard mega?

I know. I am regretting stopping at thresholds last night
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    aku914kskb36.png

I was surprised by that too! I didn't think it would switch overnight. That's a shame, I started thinking another faction would beat out Federation for once! I've been running Augments the whole event.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Legate Damar , I'm on iOS as well. Hadn't considered if it could be related to initial sequencing. I'll try to keep an eye on that over the next few faction events. (Yep, 'cause that's the level of trivia that needs to answers around here!)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for some perspective, this might not have made the top 1,500 last faction event.
    a18denucroi4.png
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Legate Damar , I'm on iOS as well. Hadn't considered if it could be related to initial sequencing. I'll try to keep an eye on that over the next few faction events. (Yep, 'cause that's the level of trivia that needs to answers around here!)

For ease of scrolling on my phone, I open Hirogen/Augments/Federation. Mine displayed:

Hirogen
    Federation
    Augments
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Sorry @Dirk Gunderson
    Better luck next time. I've never sored higher. I can't see myself trying like this again. That took about a year's worth of resources. It was not really worth it on one hand, but I do get the achievement. It was also quite a rush to compete and fight for a rank. I haven't had that kind of rush/anxiety since I lost out on Polywater Yar by 2 ranks.
    ivau45s50x7w.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @Dirk Gunderson
    Better luck next time. I've never sored higher. I can't see myself trying like this again. That took about a year's worth of resources. It was not really worth it on one hand, but I do get the achievement. It was also quite a rush to compete and fight for a rank. I haven't had that kind of rush/anxiety since I lost out on Polywater Yar by 2 ranks.
    ivau45s50x7w.jpg

Don’t worry about it, and you did something really neat this weekend even if you don’t want to do it again all that much. Way to go!