Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Enemy Within - 03/12 - edited for bonus trait

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday all i had was med cmd voyages. I made the mistake of sending Augment shuttles this morning, will switch back to Federation.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my count, the Med and Sci seats are distributed thusly (w/ Med+Sci counted in both tallies):
    Hirogen - Med 7, Sci 14
    Federation - Med 9, Sci 10
    Augments - Med 4, Sci 12

I'm sure we all evaluate these things differently, especially with consideration of our own rosters, so I won't claim to have an applies-to-all answer here. But I'll just say that after starting with Augments, and briefly hunting with the Hirogens, I have docked at Starbase 12 and see no particular reason to leave.

Like Travis though, I'm happy that many of you are happy with the Augments. I look forward to several days of 5 chroniton rewards from them. :)

Agreed, I was using Augments at the start, but they're a bit Sci-heavy overall. I'm getting easier seating from Federation shuttles.

I was pleased to get a few extra Augment items in the kickstart and first few waves, but it's not like the old single-daily-replication days - it's not tricky to spin out a few items here and there. Looks like I'll mostly be stocking up on Federation orchids for the rest of the event!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game down:

2cb7lag9xfj8.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Game down:

2cb7lag9xfj8.jpg

Working fine for me. Shouldn’t this be in the Engineering Room instead, Scott? 🖖

EDIT: Never mind, I see that you created a new thread for it there. I suppose a thank you is in order for your duplication of effort to inform the player base of this issue.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    edited March 2020
    Game down:

2cb7lag9xfj8.jpg

Working fine for me. Shouldn’t this be in the Engineering Room instead, Scott? 🖖

EDIT: Never mind, I see that you created a new thread for it there. I suppose a thank you is in order for your duplication of effort to inform the player base of this issue.

That is why I posted it here, a swell. So people would see it, if they are having trouble.

Might have been overcautious, but I am down with the OCD.......

I'm trying to use the App now. Still loading. This happened a few times in the past, IIRC. It was a weird thing with some connections or something, I think.

Note: App just loaded.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    edited March 2020
    Second Event Pull did interesting. Mid-Drop back to back Beholds for Eddington to Three *

wrm3osq5z2mb.jpg
    gmsx8zyno477.jpg
    3fic6ldnqkyy.jpg

Both were a Straight Drop of Bashir. So, mine is already 3* even though I had no access last night, and I am behind.

EDIT: Bashir chilling at 20.

fjipmjd4lnrr.jpg

Okay. Kinda funny that Bones McCoy hits 70% by himself in a Med & Seat.......

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday all i had was med cmd voyages. I made the mistake of sending Augment shuttles this morning, will switch back to Federation.
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Agreed, I was using Augments at the start, but they're a bit Sci-heavy overall. I'm getting easier seating from Federation shuttles.

I will remember what has happened here. You have sided against me in an event. And this, I cannot forgive...

4rfqf6k99suz.jpg

...or forget.

qpgeha4mueev.jpg

Slow clap for that reference there! :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

I will remember what has happened here. You have sided against me in an event. And this, I cannot forgive...

4rfqf6k99suz.jpg

...or forget.

qpgeha4mueev.jpg

Slow clap for that reference there! :D

It is clinically unhealthy, how often I think of that scene.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s rockin and rollin! It’s like having a 3x bonus crew

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Every Seat I have put him in has been "Med & X". I plug him in before anyone else, and the gauge goes to 70-85% without the other Skill. I love it. Might use my Citation tomorrow to Immortalize him. AoS Data is still Level One, any way. He can wait.......
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Every Seat I have put him in has been "Med & X". I plug him in before anyone else, and the gauge goes to 70-85% without the other Skill. I love it. Might use my Citation tomorrow to Immortalize him. AoS Data is still Level One, any way. He can wait.......

I would cite him. He's great. If I didn't have Riker Odan at 3/5 I would probably make McCoy the squadron share. I think he beats 1701 Bashir.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    While out for dinner with the family I checked my shuttles. I failed 4 of 4 of them, and that is the second time this has happened to me already since the event started. In total I've failed well over 20 shuttles already. I have not sent out a single shuttle with less than 90%. This event has been brutal!
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    While out for dinner with the family I checked my shuttles. I failed 4 of 4 of them, and that is the second time this has happened to me already since the event started. In total I've failed well over 20 shuttles already. I have not sent out a single shuttle with less than 90%. This event has been brutal!

I will NOT awesome this comment.

• Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

So far I haven’t failed a single shuttle. You watch that change now that I have tempted the gods 😄
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've failed many, but I've sent out an obscene amount. I'm actually a set behind since I took my wife out to dinner. No regrets about that.
    I've had a few more failures since I switched to Augments, but it's worth it to try and beat Federation.
    Farewell 🖖

I had a couple of Augment shuttle failures, too, but it's been smooth sailing since I switched to the Federation! All their seats are so bubbly, cloying, and... happy. And you know what's really frightening? If you send enough of them, you begin to like it!

It's insidious.

I see what you did there. Score one for you.
  • I'm finding the seating terrible regardless of faction. Fed is a little more generous with the MED seats, but there's way more ENG needed and their 5 seater is total garbage.

Ironically, the 5 seaters for both the Hirogen and Augments are producing some of the highest percent chances for me, and that's after filling 3-5 other shuttles.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been forced to run Augments shuttles instead of continuing to farm for casings. I hope you're happy, Federation!

I did something in this event that has been kinda nice. After sending my basic four shuttles, I used a token to send the 5-seater, staffed with my lowest possible crew (1/4 One Zero is on there, for instance). When it returned, I just left it there. That took that mission out of circulation for me so I no longer have to deal with it popping up and making me have to go to the hassle of opening another transmission. I used a 9h boost just to reduce the likelihood of opening it inadvertently when the other four return. In the end, it doesn't change how often I would run out of transmissions so it doesn't save merits, but at least I no longer have the nuisance of that mission opening and having to get a new one.
    Is there an achievement for top 50? I've never made top 100 because it wasn't important enough, but I will this time. I may even make top 50, but the trend is away from it. I'm hoping for top 75 for the premium pull. But if there is an achievement, I may push more.
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an achievement for top 50? I've never made top 100 because it wasn't important enough, but I will this time. I may even make top 50, but the trend is away from it. I'm hoping for top 75 for the premium pull. But if there is an achievement, I may push more.

The wiki says there's an achievement for top 50: 2,000 honor. The next tier down is top 100: 2,000 merits.
    Thanks
    Augments are leading early, allowing me to run Hirogen shuttles for Casings while y'all set me up for Augments shuttles later with post-event bonuses. Everything is proceeding according to my plan.
    It's a plan so cunning you could give it a tailor's shop and watch it assassinate a Romulan senator. >:)

This part deserves a second awesome. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, there were no winning faction bonus shuttles after previously rerun faction events, yes? If so, I have spotted a rather large whole in said plan.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, there were no winning faction bonus shuttles after previously rerun faction events, yes? If so, I have spotted a rather large whole in said plan.

I have a further question. If there is a bonus and there are 2.5 hour shuttles, if I put a 1.5 time reducers in it will it come back in an hour or will it say “one or the other”. Either you get the winning faction bonus time reduction or the time reduction but not both?

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a re-run or flashback. It's a brand new event.