Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    But you all know you were hitting that orgasm button over and over like a lab rat while grinning like a fool.

Isn't that all this game is?

Have you ever clicked 'buy again' after a 90000 credit pull?

I'm not sure what a 90,000 credit pull is. I've never bought credits.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • assuming this is now all going to be overturned with the 19 times a day retrieval gift?
  • So now we are all being given 19 free packs. What were people banned for then?

For having the audacity to click a button more than once! The nerve of some people </snark>
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • So do we wait out the ban. I still have 2 1/2 days left.
  • Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    So now we are all being given 19 free packs. What were people banned for then?

Is this real?
  • edited February 2021

Brilliant :lol:

I only clicked 'buy again' five or so times.
  • edited February 2021
    isdxodqx0hx9.png

It is real.

• Is this real?

am4qsmupcvq3.png
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, people got resources taken away and banned for three days only if WRG's mistake gave them more than nineteen total Pulls? Is that how that was done?

Is this real?

p8e1tzrwnmrr.jpg

Well, unless you accidentally got over 19 Packs, I guess......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    No way. I did not use it 19 times. I think I ended up with like 18,000 total ISM. I hadn’t used much, maybe one constellation and a daily scan or two from the initial ISM pool we got.
  • DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    Vid wrote: »
    assuming this is now all going to be overturned with the 19 times a day retrieval gift?

I claimed 6 at noon (3 before realizing it was an error and 3 to get screenshots) then reported the bug. They released the 19 pack and I got 13 more pulls. I’d assume anyone who did it 20+ got the ban or at least no additional pulls.
  • Dragyn wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Dragyn wrote: »
    Vid wrote: »
    assuming this is now all going to be overturned with the 19 times a day retrieval gift?

I claimed 6 at noon (3 before realizing it was an error and 3 to get screenshots) then reported the bug. They released the 19 pack and I got 13 more pulls. I’d assume anyone who did it 20+ got the ban or at least no additional pulls.

That's what I am guessing. Honestly - dismissing the "guest" posts (because sorry - don't know em), I'd like people who are up in arms to honestly say how many times they clicked it to get banned.

If people are getting banned for clicking it a few times ... that's messed up, absolutely. But if you clicked the damned thing 100 times, I find it impossible to believe that you honestly thought TP was just going to give you as many claims as you wanted for free.

I don't know what the truth is - Shan posted that it was the egregious offenders who were banned. So to anyone claiming they were banned unfairly - how many times did you click it, and how many clicks did it take you for common sense to kick in, and think that something must be wrong if you were getting all those Constellations for free?

Did anyone legitimately get banned for just clicking it once or twice?

Yes. At least one person in our fleet got banned for clicking it one additional time. For a total of two.

Not me, the bug wasn't even available for me so I didn't get victimised.

Then contact them with the proof and I’d bet it gets sorted. You did see proof, right? Personally I wouldn’t believe anyone who just claimed they got banned for 1 extra push without some
    Dragyn wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    I'll admit... the more time has passed the more I'm getting excited and eager to try this out. While not something to interact with daily, I'm ready to start diving into the challenge of combining polestars for crew.

The success of this thing is going to rely on the ease of collecting specific polestars and constellations. If they're as rare as the portal drops in a skirmish this thing will be dead on arrival.

Wait...you can get portal drops in a skirmish? I honestly did not know that. 🤔

It's rare, but it happens.
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    My fleet, Steeler Nation, is a very casual, low key fleet. Only level 73 or so, under 20 regularly active members. So the ISM Daily Targets are out of reach for us. Just letting anyone in charge know.

223yk7lud77r.png

You misunderstand. It isn't that they don't know. It's that they don't care. This strategy is meant to wipe out smaller, less developed fleets, among other things. I recommend either merging with a more developed fleet, or disbanding and letting your players find more developed fleets.
  • I, for one, can’t wait to get the Allasomorph polestar.

I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are you'll have the allasomorphs immortalized before you get the polestar.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird to ban the players
    V. wrote: »
    I am generally anti-company on forums. Fairly neutral in this game as it's just a collecting game.

I don't agree with the ban for example. But you all know you were hitting that orgasm button over and over like a lab rat while grinning like a fool. You knew exactly what you were doing.

Would I have done the same? Probably. But I wouldn't have been surprised to get zapped for it.

I would have probably taken advantage myself if presented the opportunity, but I am aware that taking advantage of a bug is against the terms of service and would have taken the punishment on the chin. Would I have been angry? Probably, but more at myself for not being able to resist the temptation of free stuff.

I don’t think TP has handled this well. In the past bug exploits have been either allowed to stand or just the goodies retrieved, no suggestion of a punishment. If they wanted to draw a line in the sand and say don’t exploit and if you do there will be consequences, they should have issued a warning this time. Sure, take back the goodies, but only what was gained by the exploit, don’t clean out what was gained legitimately (I will be surprised if they don’t restore).

Yes. A warning. Or a one day suspension if they really thought that necessary. It creates bad will especially since it is tied to the new feature.
    Let’s fly!
  • Kadavar wrote: »
    I think the bottleneck is getting the rarity constellation and getting a legendary from it.

If you have the right Polestars, it is theoretically possible to narrow your pool down to Legendary only. Even a single specific Legendary with the right four {or less} Polestars. Theoretically.

EDIT: Three Polestars to lock-in Gangster Spock.....

wjwbifxbnrv5.png

Got my fifth Scrooge Data w/three polestars. One of those was a legendary polestar. But there's a drawback: the smaller you get the pool, the more quanta it costs to retrieve a crew from it. I found that out when I was trying three-polestar combinations. Found one that has both Five of Twelve & Mademoiselle de Neuf...for only 800 quanta. So maybe the goal isn't getting the pool down to one crew member. Maybe it's about getting the pool down to a bunch of crew members you like that you need stars for.
  • I was banned fir 72 hours for their glitches. That not fair. They zeroed out everything I gained over the last 2 days then ban my account on top of that! Clearly they want people to just stop playing the game altogether.
    Kadavar wrote: »
    I think the bottleneck is getting the rarity constellation and getting a legendary from it.

If you have the right Polestars, it is theoretically possible to narrow your pool down to Legendary only. Even a single specific Legendary with the right four {or less} Polestars. Theoretically.

EDIT: Three Polestars to lock-in Gangster Spock.....

wjwbifxbnrv5.png

Got my fifth Scrooge Data w/three polestars. One of those was a legendary polestar. But there's a drawback: the smaller you get the pool, the more quanta it costs to retrieve a crew from it. I found that out when I was trying three-polestar combinations. Found one that has both Five of Twelve & Mademoiselle de Neuf...for only 800 quanta. So maybe the goal isn't getting the pool down to one crew member. Maybe it's about getting the pool down to a bunch of crew members you like that you need stars for.

Well, yeah. Defining down a specific Legendary would obviously take more resources than just popping in a 1⭐ Polestar and the selection pool being every 1⭐ in the game. I was addressing a specific thing. Which was pointing out it was not necessary to get or use a Legendary Polestar to limit the pool to Legendary.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [C]onceived...as a story-driven game with a great hook.

/doubles down character collecting feature.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

This is just it. People don't seem to understand how interconnected this is.

Too easy to get 5* beasts? Those who already have them would complain.

Too little time for quantum to recharge? Those without polestars/credits would complain.

This is a balance between excessive crew retrieval and it being way too difficult to be useful. I'm fine with it as it is.
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

Well, the Achievement should not expire before people can get the third one done.

Do you feel it's too hard to do in the time allowed? I had it down with the demo, a 1* polestar and a 2* polestar, literally within hours if it being live.

I should have used my 2⭐ and 3⭐ Polestars, I guess. Like most people, I went for a Legendary. Probably a mistake, but a common one from people have been posting.

🥌🦞

Not a mistake per say. Your priority was the legendary, and you chose that over the achievement. If this is what makes you happy, then not a mistake at all.

This is just it. People don't seem to understand how interconnected this is.

Too easy to get 5* beasts? Those who already have them would complain.

Too little time for quantum to recharge? Those without polestars/credits would complain.

This is a balance between excessive crew retrieval and it being way too difficult to be useful. I'm fine with it as it is.

Well, the Achievement should not expire before people can get the third one done.

Do you feel it's too hard to do in the time allowed? I had it down with the demo, a 1* polestar and a 2* polestar, literally within hours if it being live.

I should have used my 2⭐ and 3⭐ Polestars, I guess. Like most people, I went for a Legendary. Probably a mistake, but a common one from people have been posting.

🥌🦞

Not a mistake per say. Your priority was the legendary, and you chose that over the achievement. If this is what makes you happy, then not a mistake at all.

Yeah. I was able to guarantee a long wanted Legendary. The sad news for WRG/TP? If today hadn't happened, I likely would have bought Dilithium to buy more Quanta.

If today hadn't happened.....