Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    I wonder why I cannot retrieve Commanding Officer Sisko (rare) despite for having a rare polestar and yesterday someone in UC told me that Commanding Officer Sisko was added to the game via a claim in 2018, which was a whole year or even longer before I started to play this game.

So, what is the point of having a rare polestar when I cannot retrieve the last rare crew I need to have just to make the rare crew collection complete.

The way I see it I can just retrieve any rare crew then disband it, just for the sake of using the rare polestar.

CO Sisko is only available via achievements and is not in the portal. Non portal crew can not be retrieved.

But in this case, he should be. It would provide the needed way to immortalize him. That would be my #1 request for this new feature.
  • ctleng76 wrote: »
    Crew Retrieval is the most confusing convoluted feature added to date. You have to spend a lot of resources just to hope to narrow it down to a specific crew member, and then what you usually end up with is a crew member you already have! This has got to be the biggest waste of time and money for players. It adds new resources you have to keep track of with ridiculous names like "polestars". The game was better without this added mess.

It’s not a mess, it’s quite easy to understand if you take a bit of time. If you are ending up with crew you already have and didn’t want to get, you are either taking a chance with RNG to reduce costs or not doing it right.

It's a matter of opinion. I don't need three more resources to keep track of. I was excited to finally have the ability to get crew that I have been waiting for, but in order to make sure you get it you have to spend way too much money. Again, all this does is benefit Tilting Point by bringing in more money for them.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I wonder why I cannot retrieve Commanding Officer Sisko (rare) despite for having a rare polestar and yesterday someone in UC told me that Commanding Officer Sisko was added to the game via a claim in 2018, which was a whole year or even longer before I started to play this game.

So, what is the point of having a rare polestar when I cannot retrieve the last rare crew I need to have just to make the rare crew collection complete.

The way I see it I can just retrieve any rare crew then disband it, just for the sake of using the rare polestar.

You need to use specific Trait, Rarity, and Skill Polestars to narrow the Pool. If you have the right ones, a lot of Crew pools can be narrowed down to one specific Crew, with four or less Polestars.

🥌🦞

EDIT: Just realized you are trying for Limited Crew. They cannot be retrieved.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    edited February 2021
    Bound2Fate wrote: »

If you airlocked him you can contact customer support and they will give him back to you. But if you have him and want to immortalize him, you will need to cite him up with rare citations from the Honor Hall.
    I never get that crew and I like I said, that happen a whole year before I started to play this game.

Have you done the Achievement he is related to?

🥌🦞

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited February 2021
    Away from the maelstrom that is TP's bannhammer...

I didn't understand why they added 'constellations' it seems like an extra, unnecessary step. Why not just drop straight 'polestars'?

And use different names for god's sake. A constellation and polestar are related to astronomy not traits. It's just confusing people.
  • Please delete
  • Bound2Fate wrote: »

If you airlocked him you can contact customer support and they will give him back to you. But if you have him and want to immortalize him, you will need to cite him up with rare citations from the Honor Hall.
    I never get that crew and I like I said, that happen a whole year before I started to play this game.

🥌🦞
    How could I, when that happen before I was even aware of this game? How? Please tell me that.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinion: Quantum regenerates far too slowly and/or there are not enough ways to get quantum
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

CO Sisko is only available via achievements and is not in the portal. Non portal crew can not be retrieved.

But in this case, he should be. It would provide the needed way to immortalize him. That would be my #1 request for this new feature.

There's really no way to program it for additional stars only. You're going to have to use cites to immortalise. Sorry.
  • IceCat wrote: »

There's really no way to program it for additional stars only. You're going to have to use cites to immortalise. Sorry.

Agreed.

My thoughts on the new feature were 'a good way to get new cards, still works out better to take the honour route to add stars'.
    Bound2Fate wrote: »

🥌🦞
    How could I, when that happen before I was even aware of this game? How? Please tell me that.

Was it limited? I didn't know if it was. Other than the things they do specifically for Legendaries and like the new Retrieval feature, I thought Achievements were there until finished. My apologies.

🥌🦞
  • After a confusing rollout, I'm really enjoying this feature. It's fun to go in and play with the polestars, see who you could get and figure out which poles you're missing to get the crew you really want. It's also an efficient way to save for an honor sale, as it gives you another way to add stars to (most) existing crew.

It's a shame I'll always associate it with Bangate.

Loving the TP acronym, @robownage!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed spending time seeking out the possibilities. I think the big block for me will be getting the 5* polstar. There are several combinations I could pull right now that give me good choices and good odds, minus the 4* or 3* stuck in the group.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallas_Sol wrote: »
    I am hugely enjoying this new feature. I find it fun to use and plan with, and the time limits imposed for using it are about right. In particular, much better than waiting for begolds. When I (over!)think about it, the use of quantum to limit players and encourage longer term planning; the balance between polestar retrieval’s with additional scans; the targeting via traits; as well as the randomness introduced from constellations -> polestars, it’s quite an elegant system! A tough one to conceive and implement, but pleasantly surprised with the result. Excellent work WRG. Hopefully the updated reward tables can further enhance this system. And an honour sale to cite all my shiny new crew please :)

Yeah I think it is interesting. Checking combos and what you need. Thinking about what you can get. I think that is fun and something to do. So many crew in portal are just unobtainable.
    Let’s fly!
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    From what I see the real challenge is going to be getting interesting polestars. Like yesterday I got musician which opened up a good single choice.

The other bottleneck for me will be ISM - getting only 100 or 200 a day. This will be much slower for me than the quantum replenishes (which is clearly not the way it's intended to work). So at most it will be one use a month to 6 weeks. Which I guess is ok. The superfleet v. non discrepancy does irritate me. Maybe they will add a lot more ISM for individuals when they see that it is more of a bottleneck than Quantum (ie dilithium ie. $$$).
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    After a confusing rollout, I'm really enjoying this feature. It's fun to go in and play with the polestars, see who you could get and figure out which poles you're missing to get the crew you really want. It's also an efficient way to save for an honor sale, as it gives you another way to add stars to (most) existing crew.

It's a shame I'll always associate it with Bangate.

Loving the TP acronym, @robownage!

WE REALLY GOOFED/TESTED POORLY

🥌🦞