Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    IceCat wrote: »
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

This is just it. People don't seem to understand how interconnected this is.

Too easy to get 5* beasts? Those who already have them would complain.

Too little time for quantum to recharge? Those without polestars/credits would complain.

This is a balance between excessive crew retrieval and it being way too difficult to be useful. I'm fine with it as it is.
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

Well, the Achievement should not expire before people can get the third one done.

Do you feel it's too hard to do in the time allowed? I had it down with the demo, a 1* polestar and a 2* polestar, literally within hours if it being live.

I should have used my 2⭐ and 3⭐ Polestars, I guess. Like most people, I went for a Legendary. Probably a mistake, but a common one from people have been posting.

🥌🦞

Not a mistake per say. Your priority was the legendary, and you chose that over the achievement. If this is what makes you happy, then not a mistake at all.

Yeah. I was able to guarantee a long wanted Legendary. The sad news for WRG/TP? If today hadn't happened, I likely would have bought Dilithium to buy more Quanta.

If today hadn't happened.....

Can't say I blame you for keeping your money in response. Not even a little bit.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Dragyn wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    I'll admit... the more time has passed the more I'm getting excited and eager to try this out. While not something to interact with daily, I'm ready to start diving into the challenge of combining polestars for crew.

The success of this thing is going to rely on the ease of collecting specific polestars and constellations. If they're as rare as the portal drops in a skirmish this thing will be dead on arrival.

Wait...you can get portal drops in a skirmish? I honestly did not know that. 🤔

Yeah, very rarely you can get premium single pulls. I get one, maybe two if I'm lucky, per skirmish; though getting none is fairly common too. They are just about the most rare drop in skirmishes, though I think (never took the time to confirm) the 1600 VP drop is rarer.

I didn't know they were that rare. I hit two back to back in a single Skirmish a couple Skirmishes back. I've gotten six in one event before.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Dragyn wrote: »
    I'll admit... the more time has passed the more I'm getting excited and eager to try this out. While not something to interact with daily, I'm ready to start diving into the challenge of combining polestars for crew.

The success of this thing is going to rely on the ease of collecting specific polestars and constellations. If they're as rare as the portal drops in a skirmish this thing will be dead on arrival.

Wait...you can get portal drops in a skirmish? I honestly did not know that. 🤔

Yeah, very rarely you can get premium single pulls. I get one, maybe two if I'm lucky, per skirmish; though getting none is fairly common too. They are just about the most rare drop in skirmishes, though I think (never took the time to confirm) the 1600 VP drop is rarer.

I didn't know they were that rare. I hit two back to back in a single Skirmish a couple Skirmishes back. I've gotten six in one event before.

The odds of it happening once are about 1 in several hundred. The odds of it happening twice in a row are ridiculously small. You got exceptionally lucky. Congrats!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This is such an unbalanced rollout too. We're overflowing with polestars even before the 19 today. But after one use it'll take 19 days to regenerate enough quantums to use crew retrieval again? So we're supposed to get excited from the one use and then get all these resources we can't use? Why not include quantums somewhere in the achievements? Do they really expect us to use a bunch of Dil for their live beta test?

Exactly. I feel stuck. Like I have to wait for the perfect person to use my limited quantum. But then it isn’t recharging. Sigh.
    Let’s fly!
  • edited February 2021
    Clicked less than ten times.

Looking at the fact they took away ALL ISM, including that earned before THEIR bug, I am wondering if they used the amount of ISM held in an account to GUESS how many times a player had clicked.

Once again, not understanding how people play and penalising hoarding.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ISM from the 19 packs (which were not even 19 in my case) vanished recently:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/236043#Comment_236043

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not include quantums somewhere in the achievements?

I agree - they've got the chance to get people excited about the feature and then not use it again for almost 3 weeks. Not really the kind of engagement they really needed to have targeted.

But I think it comes down to simple coding - they've likely hard-coded a freeze at 1000 for quantum and not allowed the number to be higher. So what happens if you claim a "free 200 quantum" reward when youre already maxed? Id guess the back end would just leave it at 1000 and screw those people out of the achievement claim.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not include quantums somewhere in the achievements?

I agree - they've got the chance to get people excited about the feature and then not use it again for almost 3 weeks. Not really the kind of engagement they really needed to have targeted.

But I think it comes down to simple coding - they've likely hard-coded a freeze at 1000 for quantum and not allowed the number to be higher. So what happens if you claim a "free 200 quantum" reward when youre already maxed? Id guess the back end would just leave it at 1000 and screw those people out of the achievement claim.

Should be like Chronitons. Chronitons generate to whatever your cap is, and stop. But, you can collect above the cap.

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

A one time gift of quantum is nothing if theres not also a commitment to look into the quantum recharge rate and rebalance the ability to utilize crew retrieval more than once every few weeks.
  • On a positive note, I just used the free stuff to get my fourth star on Borg Queen :smiley:

And I finally got my white whale - White Rabbit :)

Awesome congrats!! :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome congrats!! :smiley:

To you 2 o:)

• MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Do we have verification that claiming the extra 1000 Quantum put it over the 1000 cap, and don't disappear in faulty coding?
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have verification that claiming the extra 1000 Quantum put it over the 1000 cap, and don't disappear in faulty coding?

Yes, it goes over the cap...
  • Crew Retrieval is the most confusing convoluted feature added to date. You have to spend a lot of resources just to hope to narrow it down to a specific crew member, and then what you usually end up with is a crew member you already have! This has got to be the biggest waste of time and money for players. It adds new resources you have to keep track of with ridiculous names like "polestars". The game was better without this added mess.
    I'm thinking very hard on who to go for.
    I want Med. I'd like to either add a star to one of the two Culbers or get one of the four top ten I'm missing (Pollard, EMA, and the two gold Pulaskis). Even at 1/5 they will bolster my med roster once FE'd. I think I have the Polestars for the EMA and he seems pretty useful. I also have no slots free until noon tomorrow. I'd hate to waste quantum recharge.
    Do anyone know if we can retrieve with no slots. If he just has to wait 16 hrs to come in, that is no problem.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I wonder why I cannot retrieve Commanding Officer Sisko (rare) despite for having a rare polestar and yesterday someone in UC told me that Commanding Officer Sisko was added to the game via a claim in 2018, which was a whole year or even longer before I started to play this game.

So, what is the point of having a rare polestar when I cannot retrieve the last rare crew I need to have just to make the rare crew collection complete.

The way I see it I can just retrieve any rare crew then disband it, just for the sake of using the rare polestar.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why I cannot retrieve Commanding Officer Sisko (rare) despite for having a rare polestar and yesterday someone in UC told me that Commanding Officer Sisko was added to the game via a claim in 2018, which was a whole year or even longer before I started to play this game.

So, what is the point of having a rare polestar when I cannot retrieve the last rare crew I need to have just to make the rare crew collection complete.

The way I see it I can just retrieve any rare crew then disband it, just for the sake of using the rare polestar.

CO Sisko is only available via achievements and is not in the portal. Non portal crew can not be retrieved.
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why I cannot retrieve Commanding Officer Sisko (rare) despite for having a rare polestar and yesterday someone in UC told me that Commanding Officer Sisko was added to the game via a claim in 2018, which was a whole year or even longer before I started to play this game.

If you airlocked him you can contact customer support and they will give him back to you. But if you have him and want to immortalize him, you will need to cite him up with rare citations from the Honor Hall.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
    He's one of those crew you can only get a certain way. He's not in the portal. You get one when you set a captain name and have to cite him up. If you airlocked yours by accident, CS might give you one back if you ask. They get for a fleet mate of mine.
  • Bound2Fate wrote: »

If you airlocked him you can contact customer support and they will give him back to you. But if you have him and want to immortalize him, you will need to cite him up with rare citations from the Honor Hall.
    I never get that crew and I like I said, that happen a whole year before I started to play this game.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking very hard on who to go for.
    *snip*
    Do anyone know if we can retrieve with no slots. If he just has to wait 16 hrs to come in, that is no problem.

Yes, you can. Both of the 2* crew I retrieved for the achievement went in to my overflow.