Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    I'll admit... the more time has passed the more I'm getting excited and eager to try this out. While not something to interact with daily, I'm ready to start diving into the challenge of combining polestars for crew.

The success of this thing is going to rely on the ease of collecting specific polestars and constellations. If they're as rare as the portal drops in a skirmish this thing will be dead on arrival.

Wait...you can get portal drops in a skirmish? I honestly did not know that. 🤔
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragyn wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    I'll admit... the more time has passed the more I'm getting excited and eager to try this out. While not something to interact with daily, I'm ready to start diving into the challenge of combining polestars for crew.

The success of this thing is going to rely on the ease of collecting specific polestars and constellations. If they're as rare as the portal drops in a skirmish this thing will be dead on arrival.

Wait...you can get portal drops in a skirmish? I honestly did not know that. 🤔

Yeah, very rarely you can get premium single pulls. I get one, maybe two if I'm lucky, per skirmish; though getting none is fairly common too. They are just about the most rare drop in skirmishes, though I think (never took the time to confirm) the 1600 VP drop is rarer.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    Well the daily claim one free is busted. Claimed it 6 times
    . rdvr2krsiz4j.png

• Dragyn wrote: »
    . rdvr2krsiz4j.png

Some in our fleet have hit it over 20 times and have all constellations, I got nothing, let's see how this mess is sorted out!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    This is nice.

EDIT: probably would have gotten 12 human polestars
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vid wrote: »
    Dragyn wrote: »
    . rdvr2krsiz4j.png

Some in our fleet have hit it over 20 times and have all constellations, I got nothing, let's see how this mess is sorted out!

Oh boy. 20 is insane.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • apparently it was unlimited for around 10 mins, some people have gotten a massive load more than 20+ hits by the sounds of it, polestars claimed, crew added, this is a major mess to undo or give those that didn't benefit from the 'glitch' a way to even things up.
  • it's claimed that some have over 100k ISM from this
  • that’s absolutely insane
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's claimed that some have over 100k ISM from this
    If this is the case, it's gonna be interesting seegin how they will handle this (if there is even a way to do it properly)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    If this is the case, it's gonna be interesting seegin how they will handle this (if there is even a way to do it properly)

They won’t do anything. Just say there was a bug that is now fixed. Is there anyone testing anything at TP? There keep being these mess ups and this one is quite large considering it is resource for the new feature. Everyone is still limited by quantum but those that were able to get more are going to be able to have any crew in portal they want while the rest of us are stuck with trying to put things together for crew we might kind of want.
    Let’s fly!
  • Webberoni wrote: »

*snip*
    The ironic thing is that I believe giving premium packs value again would have actually resulted in increased sales for TP, as I get the sense a lot of players don't jump at the premium pack deals (even the famed 10 for 10) anymore due to the diluted pool.
    *snip*

You would be correct in that sensation.

I used to buy them automatically, always.
    Now, IF I even get a gold behold, there is a straight up 30% chance I have them all immortalized. If you factor in garbage golds I have generally airlocked (Shinzon, Grilka et al) it's getting close to 50% I get something I am going to airlock.

So far this appears to be useful for a couple nice crew a month. This method is inferior to honor in every way except one; it allows you to get the first star on a crew.

I can already create a polestar with Medic Jett Reno, Torpedo McCoy, Leucon and Displaced Gabrielle Burnham.
    I really want Leucon, a second star on Gab is good, a third star on my second copy of Medic Jett is good, and only Torpedo I don't want (I already have two).

So that's a pull I would do twice in a month but one citation is still (a little) better.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Wow. That's interesting. Can they at least give us a better way to get quantum?
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »

They won’t do anything. Just say there was a bug that is now fixed. Is there anyone testing anything at TP? There keep being these mess ups and this one is quite large considering it is resource for the new feature. Everyone is still limited by quantum but those that were able to get more are going to be able to have any crew in portal they want while the rest of us are stuck with trying to put things together for crew we might kind of want.

I believe we are the testing team.....

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Should they be publishing the percentage chances of drops in the scan as they do for portal pulls?
    Should they be publishing the percentage chances of drops in the scan as they do for portal pulls?

It is right there on the Scan tab. Starts at 1% and increases each time you don't get a Constellation. Odds for a specific Constellation might be even, and thus would not require an odds table under App vendor rules, maybe?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

This is just it. People don't seem to understand how interconnected this is.

Too easy to get 5* beasts? Those who already have them would complain.

Too little time for quantum to recharge? Those without polestars/credits would complain.

This is a balance between excessive crew retrieval and it being way too difficult to be useful. I'm fine with it as it is.
    I think a targeted gold crew for 5m credits every two and a half weeks qualifies as a useful benefit. Should they be available every week? Then players wouldn't be able to get to 5m credits and complain about WRG being money grubbing cash grabbers for offering to sell credits.

Well, the Achievement should not expire before people can get the third one done.

Do you feel it's too hard to do in the time allowed? I had it down with the demo, a 1* polestar and a 2* polestar, literally within hours if it being live.
    IceCat wrote: »

This is just it. People don't seem to understand how interconnected this is.

Too easy to get 5* beasts? Those who already have them would complain.

Too little time for quantum to recharge? Those without polestars/credits would complain.

This is a balance between excessive crew retrieval and it being way too difficult to be useful. I'm fine with it as it is.

Well, the Achievement should not expire before people can get the third one done.

Do you feel it's too hard to do in the time allowed? I had it down with the demo, a 1* polestar and a 2* polestar, literally within hours if it being live.

I should have used my 2⭐ and 3⭐ Polestars, I guess. Like most people, I went for a Legendary. Probably a mistake, but a common one from people have been posting.

🥌🦞
  • I know there was a glitch with getting infinitive constellations, but now everything that I had is now missing and It’s reset to zero.
  • Mine is all zeroed.
    mtravis390 wrote: »
    I know there was a glitch with getting infinitive constellations, but now everything that I had is now missing and It’s reset to zero.

There has to be regulatory agencies that they are overseen by. Taking actions against players, because their programmers can't code is beyond wrong. There was a big yellow button that said "PURCHASE AGAIN". None of us put that button there. They did. They are compounding incompetence with overt acts of dishonesty?!?!?
    Mine is all zeroed.

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    So, they shouldn't have taken the constellations and tens of thousands of ISM back?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    V. wrote: »
    So, they shouldn't have taken the constellations and tens of thousands of ISM back?

Seriously? They took EVERY ISM, Polestar, and Constellation people had. Not just what they got extra! Oh, and banned people for three days, during an Event. But, you do you, I guess. It really is true some people will defend a company no matter what....

• edited February 2021
    Wow a ban is over the top. Take back the wrongly claimed items by all means but also own the mistake as well and don't take it out on the players who took advantage.
    (For the record I only claimed once)
  • Instead of punishing people for their programming mistake, TP should just give everyone else, 30 constellations and 30000 ISM to even things up, then watch the Dil burn.
  • Complaining on here probably won’t change anything. If you spent any money on here recently, then request a refund.
  • V. wrote: »
    But you all know you were hitting that orgasm button over and over like a lab rat while grinning like a fool.

Isn't that all this game is?

Have you ever clicked 'buy again' after a 90000 credit pull?