Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    My problem right now is you need 900 quantum for a 5* and 1k is the cap. So if you don't have the polestars you need you're either forced to pick someone you don't want, or let your quantum stop accumulating.

I'd rather we able to keep are quantum growing more so we can wait for the polestars we need.

This. Letting it grow wouldn't hurt. People are double locked. Because the Polestars are a bottleneck, too.

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I discovered this mostly amusing situation last night...

uf9ugfe9vkt5.jpg

fcjn1hl6kzvh.jpg

...there is no way to reliably hunt for Captain Scott B)

This discovery lead to several folks in our fleet's chat to dream of having anti-trait/skill Polestars.

You can get that number down to 12 using a legendary polestar. This way too you can’t get a super rare.

2hsy1nynlltz.png
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    My problem right now is you need 900 quantum for a 5* and 1k is the cap. So if you don't have the polestars you need you're either forced to pick someone you don't want, or let your quantum stop accumulating.

I'd rather we able to keep are quantum growing more so we can wait for the polestars we need.

This. Letting it grow wouldn't hurt. People are double locked. Because the Polestars are a bottleneck, too.

🥌🦞

For me I think the bottleneck will eventually be the credit cost as well... can somehow now manage to keep it even spend wise with the achievement extra but really need to start cutting back on high cost replicator use etc. to have enough credits for the crew retrievals pulls.
  • Tarrant wrote: »
    For statistic lovers like me:

vt1bqjf2p6l0.jpeg

So it is actually not as bad as it sounds...

Stares in RNG...

y3eih7dhazm3.jpeg

Wow, impressive! That should be about a 1/1000 chance. If you can get to 63%, that's only 1 in a million (approx), so keep going, see if you can do it.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I've scanned 36 times for 2 constellations (currently on 13 scans). I've always thought the RNG was duff though- had one Galaxy event where crew had ~65% starting change of event item, and got them 1 in 3 more than 2 in 3 (probably got around 50% with a 500 sample size).
  • I like the feature, its better then i expected and really easy to use but im not sure why we the need ISM and constellation part.
    Its been said but the credit cost needs looking at, there just isn't enough credits in the game to sustain the recent high use of them, especially as they're used in levelling and replication.
    Secondly we are going to end up with hundreds of human, starfleet and federation polestars which mainly dont help hugely in narrowing down crew. I'd like to see something done about this, maybe a reroll using ISM.
    Overall i appreciate they dont want a free feature to replace pulls but it needs some balancing tweaks to make it more useful as 3 bottlenecks really limits the potential of it.
  • The whole ISM/Quantum/Crew Retrieval “feature” has made this game much less appealing to me, especially now that they’re replacing valuable items from the campaign tiers and replacing them with what is essentially worthless ISM.

The cost for crew retrieval is so high as to make it an unusable feature, without spending a crap-ton of $$, and once you do use it, all you get is another hungry mouth to feed.

More money to spend on a game that’s less enjoyable to play...meh...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole ISM/Quantum/Crew Retrieval “feature” has made this game much less appealing to me, especially now that they’re replacing valuable items from the campaign tiers and replacing them with what is essentially worthless ISM.

The cost for crew retrieval is so high as to make it an unusable feature, without spending a crap-ton of $$, and once you do use it, all you get is another hungry mouth to feed.

And they took away one of those ways to feed hungry crew to do it.
    It also takes up slots faster. Now, I have crew I can work on a bit, add those last couple bits, and freeze. T'Pau and DU Wesley will give me the spots I need for event crew and a half dozen will go in at the end of the event (and probably the new 2* too).
    I have ~350 crew to work on, adjusting for immortal crew that are useful and out and FE crew needing stars.
    The slow quantum recharge rate means I only need to allow for one extra new crew every 3 weeks. I have a short list of wants (need a lot, but I'm worrying about focused improvements because I have limited free slots until I get more finished).
    I will continue to scan for the achievement and worry about getting someone late next week. I may look to add a star over someone new. The new feature is nice, but not worth losing the crates over.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    The whole ISM/Quantum/Crew Retrieval “feature” has made this game much less appealing to me, especially now that they’re replacing valuable items from the campaign tiers and replacing them with what is essentially worthless ISM.

And they took away one of those ways to feed hungry crew to do it.
    It also takes up slots faster. Now, I have crew I can work on a bit, add those last couple bits, and freeze. T'Pau and DU Wesley will give me the spots I need for event crew and a half dozen will go in at the end of the event (and probably the new 2* too).
    I have ~350 crew to work on, adjusting for immortal crew that are useful and out and FE crew needing stars.
    The slow quantum recharge rate means I only need to allow for one extra new crew every 3 weeks. I have a short list of wants (need a lot, but I'm worrying about focused improvements because I have limited free slots until I get more finished).
    I will continue to scan for the achievement and worry about getting someone late next week. I may look to add a star over someone new. The new feature is nice, but not worth losing the crates over.

I'm getting rather frustrated with them increasing the ways to get crew, including adding new 2* crew, but not increasing our capacity for new crew. I'm currently 2 over my slots, thanks to an unexpected boon of new UR in my last 2 voyages. I've not used the retrieval yet aside from rare and uncommon to get achievement, because I lack space. It would be fine if they'd give us more capacity for quantum, but once I hit 1000 in a few days, I'm effectively going to be wasting it. I was tempted by the premium track too, but without space, it isn't worth it- I'm literally in limbo, not playing the game, just waiting for the slot sale so I can continue playing.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the feeling and i have 420 slots. I pulled an event pack for Salia, but had to wait for reset be able to finish someone to get her in. Things will ease a bit after this event, when some scoundrels freeze. I'm lucky in that I'm down to two purples in the portals that are new. Anything else would be honor or fusible. The 2* crew will have to be finished and froze as quickly as possible.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I know the feeling and i have 420 slots. I pulled an event pack for Salia, but had to wait for reset be able to finish someone to get her in. Things will ease a bit after this event, when some scoundrels freeze. I'm lucky in that I'm down to two purples in the portals that are new. Anything else would be honor or fusible. The 2* crew will have to be finished and froze as quickly as possible.

I have 175. And have all my completed Scoundrels frozen. Running with a load of 3/4 UR.
  • I like the new feature very much. But Quantum and the slow recharge time is a bottleneck. Free crew slots are still a problem and until I had the 2* Punker ready to freeze, 2 days passed. So far I have upgraded Soji as well as Sinister Picard and that´s great.
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • It would be nice if we could target specific polestars or even just specific constellations. Or if we could turn an unvanted crew into their constellation.

I guess that would only be feasible for 4* and 5* or things would become too easy, but what if we could choose whether to airlock them or turn them into a constellation?

I have some 5* I'm only keeping around because 550 honor is nothing, but some of them have traits I'd like to use as polestars and I would probably be willing to gamble on that.
  • I'm not having a problem yet, though I have seen that most Constellations I do find have the same common polestars in them. So many Humans, Federation, and Starfleet.

With luck, that's just because those traits are so very common. But again - I haven't run into a situation yet where I don't have a targetable crew that I want. We'll see how it evolves over time.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
    I'm not having a problem yet, though I have seen that most Constellations I do find have the same common polestars in them. So many Humans, Federation, and Starfleet.

With luck, that's just because those traits are so very common. But again - I haven't run into a situation yet where I don't have a targetable crew that I want. We'll see how it evolves over time.

Yep over 400 crew in portal are Human. Over 400 Federation. Over 400 Starfleet. About a third have all three.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having a problem yet, though I have seen that most Constellations I do find have the same common polestars in them. So many Humans, Federation, and Starfleet.

Yep over 400 crew in portal are Human. Over 400 Federation. Over 400 Starfleet. About a third have all three.

We need a Venn diagram for that. 😆
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

We need a Venn diagram for that. 😆

And I am still waiting on that Venmo money. ;)
    Let’s fly!
  • DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    I haven't looked through the thread enough to see if this has been mentioned but the basic problem is shown in Bylo Band's post: "Vanilla" crew are more difficult to retrieve than crew with special traits. Before I was banned, I got the Ba'ul polestar, so guess what you can do with that? Because it's a unique trait, it's easy to get crew who should logically be harder to locate.

Now, the crew I most want is Away Team Number One, but she is so vanilla, it will be pure RNG to get her. At least I assume that to be the case since her rarer traits are Resourceful and Explorer, but I imagine there's a good number of crew with both of those.

On the other hand, I also wanted Elizabeth Dehner and easily acquired her with the Telekinetic trait. Given that Dehner appeared only in the 2nd pilot episode, gained her trait under unique circumstances, and then died, she should be more unique.

Now, based on number of appearances on ToS, Dehner and Number One should be equally rare, but we know Number One is more a more important background character and that she's probably not too different from the first officers on other Starfleet vessels. For those reasons, Number One should logically be the easier to acquire of the two.

I know the traits were just refined to prepare for crew retrieval, but I think we clearly need negative polestars, as noted above, and/or new traits. The idea I had was role, personality, and assignment traits. For example, Aloof (personality), First Officer (role), USS Enterprise (assignment). With those, you'd basically just need a polestar to narrow down on Number One or Spock. The assignment idea could be generic (just Enterprise) or as specific as Pike's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), April's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), Kirk's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), Decker's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), or Spock's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701).

I’ve long wanted a voyage or mission bonus for matching crew to ships (would be harder for say hms bounty vs voyager, etc) so adding assignments to crew would be awesome start to that