Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Heavy Lies The Crown - 12/07

Comments

• Options
    Alkind ZynAlkind Zyn ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Is everyone in that Mirror comic jacked and sleeves are outlawed? No wonder Picard thinks Spock is unfit to be emperor, he's got sleeves!

P.S. Why does Mirror Data have borg implants and huge muscles...that doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Honestly the only thing I don't like is how much new crew we've gotten so quickly.
    I mean don't get me wrong, I love a lot of them but holy crap my crew slots can't keep up.
    And I am usually amazing at keeping open 5 crew slots at all times.
    But I just ran out of my last non-cadet challenge 3* to immortalize and freeze, now I have to work
    on freezing a ton of 4*s to make room.

Can we consider offering 5 complimentary crew slots DB? I feel like it's owed especially with 2 mega events barely a month apart.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, if we're going the comic book route, can we get mirror punk Wesley?

As someone who has enthusiastically airlocked every Wesley I have pulled...I would totally support Mirror Wesley. His hair cannot be ignored!
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Please stop releasing Fake Crew !

Especially a fake Picard is more than disappointing.

They werent Mirror Universe Episodes at TNG .

Btw doing pre TOS ship's (archer's boat and discovery ships) stronger than enterprise D, voyager and defiant is weird too .

It isn't exactly fake. That Picard is from a currently being published IDW comic called Mirror Broken.

292?cb=20171128215618&path-prefix=en

[edit]
    Now non-canon might be more appropriate term, but DB didn't just invent the character.

So, that is Wesley on the left front? {For us, facing the pic?}

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw doing pre TOS ship's (archer's boat and discovery ships) stronger than enterprise D, voyager and defiant is weird too .

It isn't exactly fake. That Picard is from a currently being published IDW comic called Mirror Broken.

[edit]
    Now non-canon might be more appropriate term, but DB didn't just invent the character.

Scott

You can tell because he still manages to have a goofy looking smile. :P

BTW, the only thing that sort of bothers me about the whole Mirror TNG thing, is that theoretically, I'm pretty sure the Terran Empire should have fallen by this point and all Terrans should be enslaved like in DS9. It was implied that all the Terrans at the time knew nothing but slavery and subservience, so unless this TNG crew (haven't actually read the comic) is from a different "area" of space where the Terrans are still dominant, it doesn't make much sense.

That being said, I'm still stoked for Mirror Picard. This game itself is non-canon and basically a fanfic, so anyone who dismisses these characters is clearly missing the point of "fun".
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

[edit]

Scott

BTW, the only thing that sort of bothers me about the whole Mirror TNG thing, is that theoretically, I'm pretty sure the Terran Empire should have fallen by this point and all Terrans should be enslaved like in DS9. It was implied that all the Terrans at the time knew nothing but slavery and subservience, so unless this TNG crew (haven't actually read the comic) is from a different "area" of space where the Terrans are still dominant, it doesn't make much sense.

That being said, I'm still stoked for Mirror Picard. This game itself is non-canon and basically a fanfic, so anyone who dismisses these characters is clearly missing the point of "fun".

But, for some,the fun is the argument.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the only thing I don't like is how much new crew we've gotten so quickly.
    I mean don't get me wrong, I love a lot of them but holy crap my crew slots can't keep up.
    And I am usually amazing at keeping open 5 crew slots at all times.
    But I just ran out of my last non-cadet challenge 3* to immortalize and freeze, now I have to work
    on freezing a ton of 4*s to make room.

Can we consider offering 5 complimentary crew slots DB? I feel like it's owed especially with 2 mega events barely a month apart.
    Seems fair. We haven't gotten crew slots since the Voyages release, which seems like ancient history now!

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

However, that Universe's Timeline did not take a break during those years. People are getting bent out of shape because a make-believe character in a make-believe game based on a make-believe set of TV series and movies is not "real enough" for THEIR interpretation of what "counts"......

Scott

There is no interpretation going on. The game is called Star Trek Timelines. I play to collect and enjoy my favourite characters from the Star Trek shows that I have watched for my entire life.

I don't care about DB's stories and I don't want any of these characters that have nothing to do with Star Trek.

If you like fake characters then so be it, but things that reduce enjoyment of the game for the majority of players are going to garner a lot of complaints. Deal with it.
  • Options
    So happy this event is happening!

A Mirror Janeway or Mirror Tuvok would be cool. (Janeway is non-canon, but Tuvok is Canon.)
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that stoked about those 5-day events again, how about 3-day events as compensation sometimes? There's almost no time in between all these events to do regular shuttles and farm faction items, because we're kinda forced to play the event ones, otherwise we can't get the good event crew.

However, Mirror Picard looks nice, even though I have to say there are already a lot of Picards and Jadzias out there. For the first time, we see Sato as event crew, which is sweet. But there's only one really countable Sato at all, the green one just won't make it onto any shuttle.

Overall, I hope there won't be too many Galaxies. The first one is 4-day, so it's okay. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I hope there won't be too many Galaxies. The first one is 4-day, so it's okay. :)

I’m guessing 2 full galaxy, 1 full faction and 1 hybrid galaxy/faction

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

However, that Universe's Timeline did not take a break during those years. People are getting bent out of shape because a make-believe character in a make-believe game based on a make-believe set of TV series and movies is not "real enough" for THEIR interpretation of what "counts"......

Scott

There is no interpretation going on. The game is called Star Trek Timelines. I play to collect and enjoy my favourite characters from the Star Trek shows that I have watched for my entire life.

I don't care about DB's stories and I don't want any of these characters that have nothing to do with Star Trek.

If you like fake characters then so be it, but things that reduce enjoyment of the game for the majority of players are going to garner a lot of complaints. Deal with it.

How do you know what the majority of players want?

My fleet is a pretty random group and has 50/50 players that prefer real characters to fake ones. That's a pretty significant result.

Common sense would tell you that players download the game because they like Star Trek and not Disruptor Beam's storytellers and artists, but you know what they say about common sense.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

My fleet is a pretty random group and has 50/50 players that prefer real characters to fake ones. That's a pretty significant result.

Common sense would tell you that players download the game because they like Star Trek and not Disruptor Beam's storytellers and artists, but you know what they say about common sense.

That is a small sample size. I mainly care about cool artwork and good stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Scott

If you think 50 players is significant number perhaps we should stop here. Fleets tend to be pretty homogenous in their thinking. That is the reason why players stay. The minute that changes players tend to leave the fleet. As someone said this game is StarTrek dress-up. That time Picard put on funny hat is different crew in the game from that other time the put on a funny shirt is pretty stupid to begin with....yet we play. A made up character is one that we truly have never seen. Putting a Start Trek character in different clothes is not making up a character.

But I get you don't like it. This is not really a judgement on that. I was just curious where the "majority" was coming from. I got my answer....thin air.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why people hate galaxy events so much, it's the only way to FF The featured character for free AND get a free copy of the other one plus a 10-pull.
  • Options
    I don't see why people hate galaxy events so much, it's the only way to FF The featured character for free AND get a free copy of the other one plus a 10-pull.

Precisely - just do your 130k VP and you've gotten yourself a lot of stuff for minimal effort and chroniton expenditure. It nets you loot and you still get to play and immortalize crew as the event progresses - not to mention that you can run your voyages at full potential. On a Faction event, you want your shuttle % as high up as is gets, so you usually field your B team for voyages. The RNG is another matter...

On the other side, I can understand people who play competitively - I know I am not one of them (albeit I do have certain standards in terms of placement), but I get you.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Common sense and some thinking would tell you that after nearly 2 years of existence and all main (+ many obscure) characters featured in so many different variations out of the show the air gets thin and sometimes DB has to think of variations themselves. So they can continue to sell new packs and so secure the lifespan of this game.

If you like Star Trek (as you say) and this game that should be in your own interest ;) Also there is this thing called free will ;) In case you don´t care for a certain character don´t play the corresponding event ;) Always complaining but don´t seeing the light (of the whole picture) is zero common sense :p

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Scott

If you think 50 players is significant number perhaps we should stop here.

I didn't say number, I said result. A random sample with an extreme result, even a very small one, can be significant. We can argue about random sample, but my fleet certainly isn't based on not liking fake characters.

Perhaps you should make a poll asking whether people prefer real or fake characters if you wish to dispute my claim. I think that the results will be rather convincing.

• Options
    XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    A made up character is one that we truly have never seen. Putting a Start Trek character in different clothes is not making up a character.

Putting a "recognisable" face onto a different character doesn't make them the same person.*

In this case, that "Mirror" Picard is clearly a completely different person from the Picard we know from the series. They are obviously from different universes and will no doubt act very differently. We have never seen Mirror Picard, therefore by your own definition he is "made up".

This is a very different case from say, Dixon Hill Picard and Robin Hood Picard where they are, as you said, simply the same person wearing different clothes. - These are representing different facets of the character, different personae - the same character in different situations.

*One good thing; at least DB's artists are better than whoever drew that awful comic; the characters in there are barely recognisable.
    Common sense and some thinking would tell you that after nearly 2 years of existence and all main (+ many obscure) characters featured in so many different variations out of the show the air gets thin and sometimes DB has to think of variations themselves. So they can continue to sell new packs and so secure the lifespan of this game.

There are literally hundreds of Trek episodes and films from over 50 years, all canon, from which to take material. Once that is exhausted, you would have a point. We are nowhere near that point yet though, and there are a great number of prominent and instantly recognisable characters which don't yet exist in the game at all. I won't make a list; there are many of them on the forum and I'm sure everyone reading this can think of a least half a dozen canon characters they would like to see that don't yet exist...
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

[edit]

Scott

But, for some,the fun is the argument.

We have a word for such people... it is often used as the short or diminutive version of the name “Richard”... 🙃
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If I can use Star Wars as an example, theres quite a large extended universe there but its non canon. It it all fake? I mean I know Star Wars is fake being a work of fiction and all but you know what I mean.
    I'm just going to take this moment to cry over all the Extended Universe Star Wars stuff that used to be canon, and is no more. :'(
    Thank you. That is all.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Star Trek is for everyone. I like that DB is pulling in characters from lots of different star treks like the comic and the animated series. Give people a little taste of everything. If you like it you can go watch it or read it, if not no problem. Good to see some mirror universe tng stuff. Was a shame that the tng show never had a mirror universe ep when ds9 and enterprise went on to do it. Voyager probably would have done a mirror universe ep where the crew is on Earth or is evil but they covered both with the Ed Begley, Sarah Silverman back in time eps and the Equinox eps.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole non-canon thing is kinda funny actually. Especially with literally only 2% of all characters in-game are in some way shape or form non-canon. That's pretty damn low for the most part. It's odd placement for the main in a mega-- but based on prior posts of folks requesting him I understand it. (There were pockets of folks asking for the Borg Queen before that mega as well...)

Something interesting to note.... most of the characters we've gotten in the last couple events and in this event are ones folks have been requesting for a while. Even Augment Picard. I remember posts with folks asking for him going back to the old forums.

This mega event, as well as the currently running event seem to be DB actually trying to give folks what they asked for. Now not saying it's perfect delivery, but I think its effort. And that goes for the canon as well as non-canon characters. And I for one appreciate it, even with characters I personally don't want, as I can be happy for my fellow players, and there seems to be something for everyone, from almost every era--- and I'm betting there will be some TOS action as well in the other events.

Probably won't get the one I really want to see -- Mirror Vic Fontaine, but I think the main universe one would tell me, "Pally, thats the world for ya."

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why it all has to be one way or the other with some in the forum. DB has, on occasion, taken extra license and used characters not found in the original franchise. This constitutes less that 5-10% of all characters.

Why is such a small fraction of the character pool so offensive that he'll gets raised every single time?

I don't like every character that gets created, but I don't feel the need to post a diatribe about it each time.

Not person will be happy with all characters. DB can't please everyone all the time, so they mix it up to try to make everyone happy some (most?) of the time.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why it all has to be one way or the other with some in the forum. DB has, on occasion, taken extra license and used characters not found in the original franchise. This constitutes less that 5-10% of all characters.

Why is such a small fraction of the character pool so offensive that he'll gets raised every single time?

I don't like every character that gets created, but I don't feel the need to post a diatribe about it each time.

Not person will be happy with all characters. DB can't please everyone all the time, so they mix it up to try to make everyone happy some (most?) of the time.

Its about 2% actually so way under 5% :)