Home The Bridge
Options

Do you have Vori Defender Chakotay yet? (10 Weeks)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It finally happened!

11 months since the voyage exclusive crew launched I finally got my first crew. I went with Black.

This is the problem with the 5* voyage crew. They (understandably) wanted to make them rare. But a rate of 1 in 11 months (same as me) is absurd. It reduces confidence. I'm not paying to lengthen voyages at thus rate. It would take five years just to immortalize 1 crew. Ridiculous.

That might be your experience, but mine has been different. Since Voyage exclusives have been in place I have received 4 Chakotays, 2 Blacks and 2 Chapels.

Please keep in mind that I'm not personally upset about this. I'm over it. I just don't care much about the game anymore. I am truly happy for your success. Or luck. If I got 8 in a year, I would feel different, too. That would be motivation. It is just too bad the system is so inconsistent. I run 12 hiur voyages all the time. Not so much, perhaps as some others, but I have a very good crew. Oh, well.

I hear you and can understand your frustration. I never thought Power Ransom was going to drop for me and it really started to get under my skin. I did eventually get him, but I do echo your wish that the system was more consistent.

As an enticement to get me to spend more or play gauntlet more, the voyage crew are a total failure. There is nothing you can do to increase your odds of getting them.

Use DIL for instant recalls.
    Increase the number of 12h+ Dilemma's you get per day. For example, run 16h Voyages daily and recall over night.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It finally happened!

11 months since the voyage exclusive crew launched I finally got my first crew. I went with Black.

This is the problem with the 5* voyage crew. They (understandably) wanted to make them rare. But a rate of 1 in 11 months (same as me) is absurd. It reduces confidence. I'm not paying to lengthen voyages at thus rate. It would take five years just to immortalize 1 crew. Ridiculous.

That might be your experience, but mine has been different. Since Voyage exclusives have been in place I have received 4 Chakotays, 2 Blacks and 2 Chapels.

Please keep in mind that I'm not personally upset about this. I'm over it. I just don't care much about the game anymore. I am truly happy for your success. Or luck. If I got 8 in a year, I would feel different, too. That would be motivation. It is just too bad the system is so inconsistent. I run 12 hiur voyages all the time. Not so much, perhaps as some others, but I have a very good crew. Oh, well.

I hear you and can understand your frustration. I never thought Power Ransom was going to drop for me and it really started to get under my skin. I did eventually get him, but I do echo your wish that the system was more consistent.

As an enticement to get me to spend more or play gauntlet more, the voyage crew are a total failure. There is nothing you can do to increase your odds of getting them. The odds never get better on longer voyages. I can run a longer voyage, but it's the same odds. And Ben is still scared about long voyages causing stuck voyages. Spending DIL doesn't increase my odds. Spending tokens doesn't increase my odds. I can't run more than 1 voyage at a time. At least with gauntlet spending merits to refresh opponents or DIL to revive crew can give you more higher boxes and let you buy first place. But for voyages you get what you get. So there is no reason to spend any extra resources on something that won't make a difference.

Recalled a "Faction Event" Voyage last night after Reset. 18 or so Dilemmas. One Behold for a 4 🌟. "Dangerous Whispers" Choice A, IIRC.

Random luck can be randomly pretty unlucky for me.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It finally happened!

As an enticement to get me to spend more or play gauntlet more, the voyage crew are a total failure. There is nothing you can do to increase your odds of getting them.

Increase the number of 12h+ Dilemma's you get per day. For example, run 16h Voyages daily and recall over night.

He said increase his odds, not increase WRG's bottom line.....

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Still never seen a 5 star behold in voyages. Even a 4 star behold is rare. Usually it's just a single 4 star drop for me. I'm doing 12+ hour voyages daily.
  • Options
    No.
    I still don't have Vori Defender Chakotay, but I do have Admiral Black, I chose him instead of Chakotay because of the Gauntlet
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It finally happened!

He said increase his odds, not increase WRG's bottom line.....

The only way to increase your odds is to run more dilemmas.

The upside of running more dilemmas is you get more honour.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    No.
    I wish the odds of getting a voyage exclusive increased based on how many times you didn’t get one. Kind of like the way the odds of getting a polestar from scanning seems to work after each unsuccessful scan.
  • Options
    One copy. (Main or only account)
    I wish the odds of getting a voyage exclusive increased based on how many times you didn’t get one. Kind of like the way the odds of getting a polestar from scanning seems to work after each unsuccessful scan.

Same should apply to gauntlet.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't get signal yesterday and had a voyage fail at 11hr52. Refilled and let it go to 14hrs, finally got the behold- took Black for gauntlet. Might even take him next time too if he stays the monster he is right now.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Finally got the begold pack a minute ago at the 8 hour mark. I’m still playing with going with the furthest right options on the dilemmas. Took Chapel as I had the other two.

Still waiting to get Ransom in Gauntlet. Only have had one begold since he was added.
  • Options
    No.
    It finally happened!

My first Power Ransom took several Gauntlets to finally drop. I got my second pretty quick after, so I did a thing.

dyiuc4082sy8.png

Both BeGolds so far were in very first third win Crate in a newly started Gauntlet.

The luck of some people. I placed 1st and also had over 100 streak too. And not a Power Ransom.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Finally got the begold pack a minute ago at the 8 hour mark. I’m still playing with going with the furthest right options on the dilemmas. Took Chapel as I had the other two.

Still waiting to get Ransom in Gauntlet. Only have had one begold since he was added.

Finally got Ransom last night so it was a good week to get both him and Chapel. I got another Chapel as a Voyage reward behold but not the right one. I again have an outside shot of hitting 100% crew ownership with a delay for the announcement of a next week’s event.

dygwiefn9zn1.png
    ct64facamsgn.png
    3ekx3kj8eg5b.jpeg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nope. Just the one Admiral Black drop. No other legendaries from voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my first Chapel.
    hrpfdzsxkl5r.jpg
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    qiqdekhm4vig.png

I took Admiral Black over bar-fight Chapel.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Is there a specific dilemma or choice to make for the gold crew to drop in a voyage ? I've run at last 12 hour voyages every day and have not yet received any of the voyage golds at all.
  • Options
    SILIK wrote: »
    Is there a specific dilemma or choice to make for the gold crew to drop in a voyage ? I've run at last 12 hour voyages every day and have not yet received any of the voyage golds at all.

It's random. The new Dilemmas at 12+ hours can be a straight drop, a 4 🌟 Behold, or a 2% chance for the Voyage BeGold. Choice A seems to be the right choice on all.

• Options
    I forgot. Got him April 10th.

vcatgq56n9nf.png
    y6eplzcbxsrs.png

• Options
    No.
    Voyage exclusives are a major pain point for me also. I do 5-6 dilemmas per day and have only gotten one be-gold since August. Gauntlet exclusives are also hard but at least you can use dilithium to grind through more rounds of that.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Since the voyage-exclusive crew were introduced I have only received Black (3x) and Chakotay (1x). Still no Chapel, Grady, or van Gelder, despite running mostly 12-hour (and extended to 14 or 16 hours once in awhile) voyages constantly. I know these crew are even more about luck than the gauntlet, so I'm not overly concerned. It is still frustrating though, especially when you get amped up for what quickly becomes a disappointing drop of 150 honor (formerly replicator rations)!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Since the voyage-exclusive crew were introduced I have only received Black (3x) and Chakotay (1x). Still no Chapel, Grady, or van Gelder, despite running mostly 12-hour (and extended to 14 or 16 hours once in awhile) voyages constantly. I know these crew are even more about luck than the gauntlet, so I'm not overly concerned. It is still frustrating though, especially when you get amped up for what quickly becomes a disappointing drop of 150 honor (formerly replicator rations)!

When you get the 150 honor, do they give the chronitons and such, too? They won't give an official answer.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    Webberoni wrote: »

When you get the 150 honor, do they give the chronitons and such, too? They won't give an official answer.

All that popped up for me was honor, but I didn't do a pre/post count of chrons or anything else. I believe it was just the 150 honor as a straight replacement for rations. I've still be getting straight 4* crew drops more often, so that very well may have been the only change made, in which case I'd gladly take honor over rations.
  • Options
    No.
    No. No legends on voyages. I have only one account and run 10h & 12h voyages every day.
  • Options
    No.
    No. No legends on voyages. I have only one account and run 10h & 12h voyages every day.

They really need to adjust the chances for these things. I’m pretty bummed to not have most of these.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Checking the recent additions to this thread was amusing and educational because until I saw the most recent screenshot posted in here I had completely forgotten about Simon van Gelder, which should tell you how successful I have been thus far in securing a copy ;)

Having spent some time reflecting on the meta subject of making really good cards and then hiding them behind an RNG wall with extremely poor odds, and then on the fact that we have had ample time and a wave of negative feedback and there has been no change, I am forced to conclude that we as a group underestimated the vision the developers had for this entire concept and when I zoom out a bit more it seems to me that the plan is actually working.

They have set this up to where even the most seasoned players cannot get these cards reliably, and also created (most - Admiral Black excluded) the cards to only be good at 5/5 fusion, and then set the RNG to a point where they technically can drop to keep people trying but not high enough to count on them. This was clearly done intentionally to drive sales not in dilithium for extending voyages, but in 5* citations and DYC offers, the premise being to capitalize on that moment of maximum leverage by dangling the really good card in front of the player after they have tried for months and encouraging them to cite the card up because the player knows the second copy is not coming for months.