Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Anybody know what it is? Like many, I've already logged on today so can't see it.

Comments

• I was wondering the same thing lol. Hopefully someone out there had a late start today :)
  • i'm speculating that it's another daily reward like cadets or ship battles. the quesion is, if so, what to we get?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm speculating that it's another daily reward like cadets or ship battles. the quesion is, if so, what to we get?
    And what do you have to do?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    i'm speculating that it's another daily reward like cadets or ship battles. the quesion is, if so, what to we get?

10 dilemmas >:)
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Magisse wrote: »

10 dilemmas >:)

Redbull gives you wings completed voyage dailies.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Dilemma = 25'000 Credits
    3 Dilemmas = 25 Merits
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Dilemmas = 25 Merits

Guess or fact ?
    (Just curious)
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Dilemmas = 25 Merits

Guess or fact ?
    (Just curious)

It seems reasonable (if unexciting)
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be doable, assuming you don't forget to launch another after recalling.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    But some long voyages have more than 24 hours of recall. They will therefore fail daily rewards for paying to extend voyages.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    But some long voyages have more than 24 hours of recall. They will therefore fail daily rewards for paying to extend voyages.

Hopefully they will have thought of that, and perhaps it is just any start of a voyage gives you the daily, which means in theory you could go 47.9 hours between start/finish/return of a single voyage and then start another and still get both days rewards.

Again...hopefully.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess in that situation you'll have to decide what's more important to you - the rewards from the Voyage, or the rewards to the Daily.

If you time things properly, you can start a 24 hour shuttle recall at noon on day 1, allowing it to finish by noon on day 2. You would need the recall to be on the order of 40 hours in order to actually be an issue.

If you're dropping a few thousand DIL for 72 hours of voyaging I don't think you're very concerned about missing a few merits, credits, and honor. You are also welcome to pay additional DIL to insta-complete the voyage if you are that concerned about missing out.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the wait for the task..
    All I see in my head is a balloon deflating and flying around the room.

Lol but at least it's something ! Yay. 8) Narf
  • If we don't get the rewards until the return of the voyage vs hitting a dilemma, I can see this being a cause of not getting my 200 honor on some days.
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    If we don't get the rewards until the return of the voyage vs hitting a dilemma, I can see this being a cause of not getting my 200 honor on some days.

If it's rewarded at the same time as the dilemmas are granted for the "overall dilemmas" achievement (lifetime, not daily) then you accumulate them as you encounter them and don't need to complete the voyage.
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There are enough hooks to get players to log in daily, now DB requires more ( 3 daily Dilemmas ) on top of everything else, and for no extra reward, this is a dificult ask for many lower level players. I'm sure that there are many lower level players who already don't complete the daily tasks. DB will drive them away in droves if they keep this without a good reward for completion. players under level 40 should get an extra reward for their daily tasks at least.

Title edited. ˜Shan
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    I just looked behind me and I couldn’t find someone with a gun pointed to my head to do daylies. Most have been my imagination

Your post is pointless, if newbies want to achieve all daylies they probably only have only two shuttles and must log in at least 4 times (at 3 hours interals) to get the 7 missions achievements.

Voyages acheviements is probably one of the easiest target to get for newbies

What a croc, most of them would have to run 3 2hr missions, for very little reward.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    It encourages new players to plan for voyages, which itself encourages crew leveling. Voyages really pushed me ahead.

50-60 chrons every 3 hours is nothing to be sneered at (plus honor, cadet crew, rep rations and trainers as well as small items) especially when you consider the basic recharge rate.

In order to do dailies with 2 shuttles, you have to log in 4 times a day, with 3 shuttles 3 times a day. This isn't a real biggie imo

It's more if a pain if you've been out on a huge voyage and it's gonna take hours to return. Getting that right will be an achievement in itself!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to do dailies with 2 shuttles, you have to log in 4 times a day, with 3 shuttles 3 times a day.

Or do what I do on my F2P alt account: Keep a couple of factions at :30-second missions, and take care of all 7 shuttle missions at one go. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    In order to do dailies with 2 shuttles, you have to log in 4 times a day, with 3 shuttles 3 times a day.

Or do what I do on my F2P alt account: Keep a couple of factions at :30-second missions, and take care of all 7 shuttle missions at one go. ;)

Was gonna do that with Hirogen on my main actually since I never run them anyway. Thanks for reminding me!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well can't fully remember my newb days but I am pretty sure I could hit the 2hr mark within a week maybe two tops. newbs also won't be thinking of saving honor for citations they are more likely going to be thinking of gold trainers instead but even that won't be after 2 weeks of game play.
    Also we may not know whether this unlocks at a particular capt'n level. If not DB should consider making it so based on average capt'n level to when they can do 2 hr voyages, easy fix and no need to get worked up about it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Eris the Vorta was right - rewards are
    1 dilemma = 25k credits
    3 dilemmas = 25 merits.
    They appear to count as soon as the dilemma resolves so no need to wait for a return.

My question is do they have to occur on a single voyage or can you recall Voyage 1, send out Voyage 2, and get the 3rd dilemma reward from the 2nd Voyage.

I'll know soon enough but thought I'd ask here in case somebody already knows.

As usual, the wording from DB is less than crystal clear.
  • edited March 2018
    I protest this change to the Voyages. 3 dilemmas required a day! Comment moderated. ˜Shan Lower Lv players are having a difficult enough time now. Does DB have too many players and wishes for them to quit out from frustration? Or just have the rest of us quit out of disgust? I've haven't thought of leaving ST timelines til now. REMOVE this change NOW!
  • Unfair to new or lower lv players. Many may leave because it is too hard. Also, what happen to just having a stress free game? I play for fun and don't want my day to revolve around it. Some of us have family,j jobs, and responsibilities. This is making me think about leaving st timelines.