Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

12345679»

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can purrfectly understand anyone who doesn't have the time (because of work or real life or whatever) to log in three times a day, and if you do 2hr voyages with insta-recall after the dilemma, you even have to log in six times a day.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I can’t understand the mindset of the people on here who are just berating people who do have a problem logging in that often.

The reason is pretty obvious - lack of imagination. It's easy to call someone troll with no proof to backup such claim. I don't understand why moderators approve such behaviour by ignoring all these accusations.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    parc wrote: »
    @Pallidyne , no I don't use mobile, playing the game for like 10 min would start to ruin the hardware

also i think im just gonna stop going near the forums (and possibly the game maybe) after this fun experience

@Parc -- yeah this one got more toxic than I've seen things in quite a while.....

IF you do decide to stick around, post up your crew up in the Ready Room, and I think there are several of us who can help with some hints on prioritization, etc.
    edited March 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

100% think this is a troll.

Actually your comment is far closer to trolling than the one you commented on. I am a pretty new and 100% F2P player. For the moment my voyages last about 3 hours + 1 hour for return which makes 4 hours total. Three voyages take 11 hours then which makes them substantially harder to complete comparing to completing 3 scans (6 hours). And you should remember you can use ads to complete scans which makes this difference even bigger. With time my voyages will close to 4 hours mark which make completing this new daily even harder. So, who is really trolling here?

Actually when you hit the 4 hour mark, you're only worried about 1 return before hitting the daily goal, as you'll hit the second dilemma, return then go back out and hit 2 more dilemmas, getting the goal on the first dilemma of your second run. That's, 4 with about a 1 1/2 return with 2 hour out til the goal.

I said close to 4 hours mark. Until such player can actually cross this mark good amount of time will pass. Don't twist my words.

If you mean to get close rather than say close in on, that would be a little different, yes. However accusation of word twisting on a poorly phrased statement is a little harsh.

Incidentally depending on your leveling priorities and how you do with the galaxy community rewards, you should be seeing some good bumps in your voyage performance.

I might do some testing and see if I can hit the 4 hr mark using just 3* characters.

Incidentally, getting in on a good fleet can also help enhance your voyage performance, with on the extreme end getting a 10% stat bump per stat if they have a maxed starbase.

My phrasing was correct. I am a member of some decent fleet.
    How do you think? How many developed fleets will be eager to pick up a new F2P player?

Actually I'm going to guess by your above statement that English is not your first language. Example "Of some decent fleet." I think you mean "of a decent fleet" or you could mean "of a somewhat decent fleet", maybe you've been part of "some decent fleets"? All of these have similar but different meanings. As such, I'll try to look at your posts from several angles and determine a few possible alternate meanings before replying. This may lead to more clarifying questions to determine your actual meaning.

Regardless, once you do make it over the 4 hour hump, you will see the performance gains that I mentioned, and hopefully that is something in your near future, especially with community rewards giving you 2 1/4s and a 10 Premium Pack.

And though the whale fleets probably wouldn't bring you in, there are several that mentor new folks with decent (but not maxed) starbases that will help you along. I've seen a number come into my fleet and squad. (which unfortunately is full up...)

Yes, english is not my native language. With your last sentence you denied your own words. Fleets willing to invite such players are most of the time full up.

Well I did some due diligence, and found recruiting threads in Fleet Central of at least 3 fleets with no minimum requirements that have at least level 40 StarBases... which is better than decent but not maxed. The one that I liked the best only asked for folks to stay active to remain in the fleet.

Were you aware that the Fleet Central portion of the Forum existed?

I don’t have any problem completing three dilemmas in a day. I logon often enough that it’s not an issue.

However, I can’t understand the mindset of the people on here who are just berating people who do have a problem logging in that often. This is a game. People come on here to have fun. Instead of telling people how they should play, why not feel some understanding and compassion for the people this impacts. If this change doesn’t hurt you, that’s awesome.

What’s the point of ganging up on the players that this does impact? If it doesn’t hurt you then there’s no point in saying anything. It’s not constructive to rip people apart. Some people have tried to be helpful without being pushy. Others, not so much.

To be fair there are some flammable types on each side, which can be evidenced by how many comments are being Shanzersized with the snipping tool in the past 2 pages of this thread alone.

I'm liking how it has remained at least a little more civil on the two polling threads at least.

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

Actually your comment is far closer to trolling than the one you commented on. I am a pretty new and 100% F2P player. For the moment my voyages last about 3 hours + 1 hour for return which makes 4 hours total. Three voyages take 11 hours then which makes them substantially harder to complete comparing to completing 3 scans (6 hours). And you should remember you can use ads to complete scans which makes this difference even bigger. With time my voyages will close to 4 hours mark which make completing this new daily even harder. So, who is really trolling here?

Actually when you hit the 4 hour mark, you're only worried about 1 return before hitting the daily goal, as you'll hit the second dilemma, return then go back out and hit 2 more dilemmas, getting the goal on the first dilemma of your second run. That's, 4 with about a 1 1/2 return with 2 hour out til the goal.

I said close to 4 hours mark. Until such player can actually cross this mark good amount of time will pass. Don't twist my words.

If you mean to get close rather than say close in on, that would be a little different, yes. However accusation of word twisting on a poorly phrased statement is a little harsh.

Incidentally depending on your leveling priorities and how you do with the galaxy community rewards, you should be seeing some good bumps in your voyage performance.

I might do some testing and see if I can hit the 4 hr mark using just 3* characters.

Incidentally, getting in on a good fleet can also help enhance your voyage performance, with on the extreme end getting a 10% stat bump per stat if they have a maxed starbase.

How do you think? How many developed fleets will be eager to pick up a new F2P player?

Actually I'm going to guess by your above statement that English is not your first language. Example "Of some decent fleet." I think you mean "of a decent fleet" or you could mean "of a somewhat decent fleet", maybe you've been part of "some decent fleets"? All of these have similar but different meanings. As such, I'll try to look at your posts from several angles and determine a few possible alternate meanings before replying. This may lead to more clarifying questions to determine your actual meaning.

Regardless, once you do make it over the 4 hour hump, you will see the performance gains that I mentioned, and hopefully that is something in your near future, especially with community rewards giving you 2 1/4s and a 10 Premium Pack.

And though the whale fleets probably wouldn't bring you in, there are several that mentor new folks with decent (but not maxed) starbases that will help you along. I've seen a number come into my fleet and squad. (which unfortunately is full up...)

Yes, english is not my native language. With your last sentence you denied your own words. Fleets willing to invite such players are most of the time full up.

Well I did some due diligence, and found recruiting threads in Fleet Central of at least 3 fleets with no minimum requirements that have at least level 40 starbases.

This is what I was able to find with no stated requirements. That's not to say they don't have unpublished requirements, but many are just trying to get to 50 active members for starbase donations:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4166/federation-dti-recruiting-level-54-fleet#latest
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3656/casual-fleet-w-level-80-starbase-with-3-top-10-event-finishes-max-honor-chrons-free-daily#latest
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4124/terran-prime-recruiting#latest
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4075/starfleet-academyom-needs-fleet-recuits#latest

Good luck.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Well I did some due diligence, and found recruiting threads in Fleet Central of at least 3 fleets with no minimum requirements that have at least level 40 StarBases... which is better than decent but not maxed. The one that I liked the best only asked for folks to stay active to remain in the fleet.

Were you aware that the Fleet Central portion of the Forum existed?

As I said before, I am a member of a decent 38th lvl fleet. It's helpful but not that much as you would like to see it. Are you aware of that?
  • To Peachtree Rex, For some reason I can't quote your comment because it contains links. I suppose my forum account is too fresh.

For a short period of time I was a member of at least one of the fleets you mentioned. It was pretty uncomfortable experience. As I said before I am a member of a decent fleet and although fleet bonuses are a good thing they are not that helpful as you would want to see them, especially if your characters are low level. Small percentage of something small is very small...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Peachtree Rex, For some reason I can't quote your comment because it contains links. I suppose my forum account is too fresh.

For a short period of time I was a member of at least one of the fleets you mentioned. It was pretty uncomfortable experience. As I said before I am a member of a decent fleet and although fleet bonuses are a good thing they are not that helpful as you would want to see them, especially if your characters are low level. Small percentage of something small is very small...

I'm sorry to hear that.

Like I said yesterday, if you want any suggestions on optimizing your crew, please feel free to post your roster and an example of what you're normally sending out. Like you've said, getting to 4hrs consistently will make this a lot easier for you, and you just might be able to get it moving some crew around that you didn't think about initially.

When voyages first came out, I was lucky to hit 6hrs and now I'm regularly in the 7:30 to 8:30 range depending on the traits for the day. Part of that is a constantly improving crew, but figuring out how to optimize things better got much bigger returns.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    I don’t have any problem completing three dilemmas in a day. I logon often enough that it’s not an issue.

However, I can’t understand the mindset of the people on here who are just berating people who do have a problem logging in that often. This is a game. People come on here to have fun. Instead of telling people how they should play, why not feel some understanding and compassion for the people this impacts. If this change doesn’t hurt you, that’s awesome.

What’s the point of ganging up on the players that this does impact? If it doesn’t hurt you then there’s no point in saying anything. It’s not constructive to rip people apart. Some people have tried to be helpful without being pushy. Others, not so much.

To be fair there are some flammable types on each side, which can be evidenced by how many comments are being Shanzersized with the snipping tool in the past 2 pages of this thread alone.

This is actually substantial part of the problem. Moderation here is very partial. They don't care about these trolling accusations. If they cut it out when it starts some conversations would never appear.
  • To Peachtree Rex, For some reason I can't quote your comment because it contains links. I suppose my forum account is too fresh.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Like I said yesterday, if you want any suggestions on optimizing your crew, please feel free to post your roster and an example of what you're normally sending out. Like you've said, getting to 4hrs consistently will make this a lot easier for you, and you just might be able to get it moving some crew around that you didn't think about initially.

When voyages first came out, I was lucky to hit 6hrs and now I'm regularly in the 7:30 to 8:30 range depending on the traits for the day. Part of that is a constantly improving crew, but figuring out how to optimize things better got much bigger returns.

Thanks for the advice. I am aware what to do to maximize my results. I will get to this 4 hour mark as soos as possible but it won't solve this problem in general. This new daily is a huge obstacle for every new player and new players are the ones which need these free 200 honor the most.