Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It’s a “mobile” game. if you can’t take your phone out of your pocket 3-4 times a day for 10 seconds to resolve a dilemma, you shouldn’t be playing at all.

Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

I'm not trolling, I have logged in with facebook
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Unfair to new or lower lv players. Many may leave because it is too hard. Also, what happen to just having a stress free game? I play for fun and don't want my day to revolve around it. Some of us have family,j jobs, and responsibilities. This is making me think about leaving st timelines.
    If you don't want your day to revolve around it why do you play game with resource cap on ticking resource? There are games without - and let me tell you, logging in after two years can be quite fun.
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    Well can't fully remember my newb days but I am pretty sure I could hit the 2hr mark within a week maybe two tops. newbs also won't be thinking of saving honor for citations they are more likely going to be thinking of gold trainers instead but even that won't be after 2 weeks of game play.
    Also we may not know whether this unlocks at a particular capt'n level. If not DB should consider making it so based on average capt'n level to when they can do 2 hr voyages, easy fix and no need to get worked up about it.

If they're asking for more from the players, shouldn't they increase the reward ?
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    i'm speculating that it's another daily reward like cadets or ship battles. the quesion is, if so, what to we get?

You get nothing, you now have 11 daily tasks, rather than 10, namely to do 3 dilemmas daily. For the same reward.
  • So long as the dilemmas do not have to be on a single voyage I don't see this being a problem.

We can all run a voyage to at least two hours (when you hit the first dilemma), then just recall it and send another.

Do that three times and you get the daily reward, along with all the voyage extras like crew, chrons, credits and honor.

There are other incentives to logging on more than once during the day - free chroniton boosts at midday, 6pm and 9pm, free scans and daily rewards for running 7 shuttles which need at least two log ins a day.

A lot of games use a similar mechanic. I found it useful as a newbie getting freebies and now it's just an extra bonus each day.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Remember though if you can only go two hrs that you then have to return the voyage which takes time and send it out again. 25 merits is a really stingy reward. Whales wont like this either as they cant finish all rewards a day if they are recalling a very long shuttle.
    Let’s fly!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this doesn't affect me, as I can usually make 8hrs on one refill I can empathize with some newer players.

I hope it doesn't have another stage after the 3hr mark as 4+ dilemmas a day may be a step to far for some
    DB: Do Better
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    At 4am!
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    In the winter!
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    In 18 foot high snow!
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    With no shoes)
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Over a mountain!
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Next to a volcano!
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    You people don't know how good you have it now!
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It’s a “mobile” game. if you can’t take your phone out of your pocket 3-4 times a day for 10 seconds to resolve a dilemma, you shouldn’t be playing at all.

Stop trolling. You lack credibility with your anonymous account

I'm not trolling, I have logged in with facebook

U know you can edit your 'forum name' in the account options. No need to be just guest_xxxxx
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Do we know that it is 3 Dilemmas or does it then open out to 5 or 7 like the shuttles? Is it fixed at 3 for sure.
  • Remember though if you can only go two hrs that you then have to return the voyage which takes time and send it out again. 25 merits is a really stingy reward. Whales wont like this either as they cant finish all rewards a day if they are recalling a very long shuttle.

Whales won't be worried about losing 200 honor a day though.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was a naive guy who thought that new voyage daily means that we will have some sort of missions in the voyager for an additional prize - complete 2 dilemmas with USS Enterprise for something...
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Do we know that it is 3 Dilemmas or does it then open out to 5 or 7 like the shuttles? Is it fixed at 3 for sure.

Firs 1, then 3 (first one included). That's it.
  • So long as the dilemmas do not have to be on a single voyage I don't see this being a problem.

I'm assuming this will be the case.

However, before judging any of those complaining about this issue, I think I'll try sending out my next voyage using as many active 2* and 3* characters and see how far it gets. The two hour achievement does not seem grossly unmanageable for newer f2p or monthly card players.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will probably take newer players about a week to work up being able to do a two hour voyage, but that gives them something to focus their energy on in the early days. The game can be a bit overwhelming with so many mechanics, but there's a lot of benefits for a newbie in even the shortest voyage.
  • This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well can't fully remember my newb days but I am pretty sure I could hit the 2hr mark within a week maybe two tops. newbs also won't be thinking of saving honor for citations they are more likely going to be thinking of gold trainers instead but even that won't be after 2 weeks of game play.
    Also we may not know whether this unlocks at a particular capt'n level. If not DB should consider making it so based on average capt'n level to when they can do 2 hr voyages, easy fix and no need to get worked up about it.

If they're asking for more from the players, shouldn't they increase the reward ?

Are they asking for more, or adding extra reward for what you are already doing? Voyages ever since they were introduced are the bread and butter for most if not all players.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop trolling. You lack credibility with your anonymous account

It isn't 10 seconds. Try creating a new account, and start playing that account. Let's see how frustrated you would get. This is what new players have to go through. And it is not fair to them.