Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue are people who can not log in multiple times a day. If you expect someone to do 3 2 hour voyages that means:

0: Log in and send first voyage
    2: Resolve first dilemma and recall
    3: Claim voyage and send second
    5: Resolve second dilemma and recall
    6: Claim voyage and send third
    8: Resolve third dilemma and recall

That means logging in 6 times over 8 hours. Not everyone has the schedule to do that. Even if you have a crew that can last 6 hours on a voyage you still need:

0: Log in and send first voyage
    2: Resolve dilemma
    4: Resolve dilemma
    6: Resolve dilemma and recall

So 4 logins over 6 hours.

And this is not just optional new content. This is an added task that is now required to claim a reward that was already being claimed(200 honor).

Voyages were optional new content when they were added. They were new and provided a new reward for the effort, but if you skipped you didn't lose anything. This is adding a practically worthless new reward and making an existing reward harder.
  • seriously, one of the biggest gripes with this game is how hard it is to get honor, and the paltry 200 honor award was just made harder? I don't begin to get the people running this game into the ground right now. But that's what happens when you sell something successful to another company that didn't develop it. Sigh. I don't play very much anymore.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    For those who might be interested, there was thread about Scheduling and Player Burnout which discussed various ideas for synchronizing the timers for Voyages, Shuttles and Gauntlet, such that there were fewer times per day that players would need to check in in order to keep participating in them.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    That means logging in 6 times over 8 hours. Not everyone has the schedule to do that.

Alternatively, you could just log in 6 times over 16 hours. Even though I can log in more often than some can, I still manage my time primarily around doing Voyages. Everything else is secondary. I do not do scans and shuttles in an efficient manner. Sometimes I even miss Gauntlet periods.

Furthermore, instead of wasting time venting on the forums that time could be used to play the game.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • It’s already difficult enough to get players playing daily, and hitting all the daily rewards. This is going to make it worse. I’m against anything that will be detrimental to that because it will hurt fleet rewards; and that hurts everyone in the fleet.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    That means logging in 6 times over 8 hours. Not everyone has the schedule to do that.

Alternatively, you could just log in 6 times over 16 hours. Even though I can log in more often than some can, I still manage my time primarily around doing Voyages. Everything else is secondary. I do not do scans and shuttles in an efficient manner. Sometimes I even miss Gauntlet periods.

Furthermore, instead of wasting time venting on the forums that time could be used to play the game.

Most days I can log in plenty and play. But there are days where I am doing neither. And that's where the issue comes up.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    So to recap, some people won't be able to get max rewards in a game they don't have the time to play.

So to recap, some players were getting max rewards and just had the goalpost moved on them so that's no longer possible.
  • edited March 2018
    I just believe it's not such a high difficulty completing 3 dilemmas per day, be it in a 6 hour voyage or on 3 2 hours voyage, that is accesible to mostly everyone playing, except really new accounts. Daily tasks are quite reasonable for me. The only thing, prizes should be a little, just a little higher, specially Merits.
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how "many" are upset about this, but I am. I have the monthly card, and intentionally got extra shuttles so that I only need to log in the three times for the scan (which was already a little annoying). Two of those times I could do the daily shuttles. I may be in the minority in that I don't play on an app on a phone (still have a flip phone, why pay for data I don't need, my money is valuable); I play on my computer at home. This change means that instead of having to log in 3 times for the scans, I now would need to log in 4 times a day, once to start the voyage, once for dilemma 1, once for dilemma 2, and once for dilemma 3 and to hit recall. That's extra time/effort from my ACTUAL LIFE that I may not want to spend. And so I probably will not renew my monthly card for a game that is becoming LESS VALUABLE to me with this change, and yes, I may end up stop playing all together because of the bad taste this is leaving in my mouth. My more complete rationale is posted on the reddit, but I won't take up space with it here, and bother the people who say, "This isn't that bad" and that the game won't change for "the 5%" this doesn't work for (probably not an actual statistic...) So maybe this isn't the game for me any more, and if DB is going to essentially say I can no longer get my daily Honor, I guess DB can say goodbye to my money.
  • Three dilemmas daily is easy for me because my missions are all greater than 6 hrs, but I can see that this would make the daily mission completion almost impossible for newer players. May turn some people off to this game.

Really, making it one or two dilemmas daily would be much more fair. if you insist on 3, then increase the honor reward. 200 really is pitiful (need 90 days worth just to get one super rare citation, better part of a year to get a legendary).
  • The response to someone's frustration to an unpopular change, which causes them a problem, is quit? Is this DB"s view or policy?
  • 1 Dilemma = 25'000 Credits
    3 Dilemmas = 25 Merits

Guess or fact ?
    (Just curious)

Fact!
  • But some long voyages have more than 24 hours of recall. They will therefore fail daily rewards for paying to extend voyages.

If that occurs to me, it'll be just to do the 20 hour lenght voyage, I do not spend dilithium unnecessarily.
  • You talk about unfairness. You should have been around when the game launched, you noobs nowadays are spoiled as hell. Let me tell you how it was back in the day:
    no warp for f2p players, you actually had to complete manually EVERY ship battles and missions. No voyages or cadet challenges, the amount of chrons was underwhelming. No immortalized crew. You immortalized a crew? Well then you can disband them for some ridiculous trainers. The game was a shell of what it is currently so if you can't log in four times a day to do your shuttles and do some voyages then you should not get any daily 200 honor either.

Amen!
  • Eris the Vorta was right - rewards are
    1 dilemma = 25k credits
    3 dilemmas = 25 merits.
    They appear to count as soon as the dilemma resolves so no need to wait for a return.

My question is do they have to occur on a single voyage or can you recall Voyage 1, send out Voyage 2, and get the 3rd dilemma reward from the 2nd Voyage.

I'll know soon enough but thought I'd ask here in case somebody already knows.

As usual, the wording from DB is less than crystal clear.

It says 3 dilemmas, not 3 continued dilemmas or 3 dilemmas on the same voyage.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could care less. All my crew is fully equipped so I go for very long periods without collecting daily honor. It’s only 200. I can’t understand why so many people are upset. You can’t get three dilemmas in 24 hours? Then you probably shouldn’t play then with such weak things to complain about
  • parc wrote: »

Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma, which means for me to hit 3 dilemmas a day I now have to log in 4 times a day again, even if i got 6hr i could scrape by with 3, but would still need to log in a 4th time the next day. And there is no way to reduce this.

I don't know who your crew consists of, and obv you need to save certain crew for shuttles, but how are you unable to reach 6 hours despite having numerous fully fused 5*s and 4*s? Genuinely asking; I only had two 5/5s prior to January but never had a problem reaching 6 hours.
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and for the "the game used to be worse" idea, my response would be 1) I didn't play the game then, and would not have been interested in starting with that set up, and 2) why should I be happy if the game is headed in the direction of "the bad old days"?
  • parcparc ✭✭
    parc wrote: »
    Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma,

I'm sorry but I have to call shenanigans. I have exactly two 5/5*'s and I regularly hit 7.5 hours. Sometimes 8 hours. You're doing your voyages wrong.

More importantly resolving 3 dilemma's is more valuable than the daily reward.

IDK what to tell ya, maybe you've been able to get more things to 100 than me, maybe you have different 5*s, maybe your 4*s are better. i can hit like 7 hours if i get good luck on bonuses and my 2 best stats are the main ones. if only 1 of those 2 stats is the main one, Ive hit 6hr before but with under 100 fuel left, so thats too much of a gamble to really do.
    Ive got some 1/4*s that are supposed to be the best, but i still need honor for citations to make them useable. I got issues getting my 5*s and 4*s to 100 as well, usualy getting stuck on an item that is only from faction missions, or cost over 1k chron to build, or i just run out of resources like trainers and replicator rations.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma,

I'm sorry but I have to call shenanigans. I have exactly two 5/5*'s and I regularly hit 7.5 hours. Sometimes 8 hours. You're doing your voyages wrong.

IDK what to tell ya, maybe you've been able to get more things to 100 than me, maybe you have different 5*s, maybe your 4*s are better. i can hit like 7 hours if i get good luck on bonuses and my 2 best stats are the main ones. if only 1 of those 2 stats is the main one, Ive hit 6hr before but with under 100 fuel left, so thats too much of a gamble to really do.
    Ive got some 1/4*s that are supposed to be the best, but i still need honor for citations to make them useable. I got issues getting my 5*s and 4*s to 100 as well, usualy getting stuck on an item that is only from faction missions, or cost over 1k chron to build, or i just run out of resources like trainers and replicator rations.

Post a pic of your most recent stats. People can offer suggestions. It's not that obvious, necessarily, how to optimize properly and there are a lot of people and tools available to help you do that.
  • parcparc ✭✭

Post a pic of your most recent stats. People can offer suggestions. It's not that obvious, necessarily, how to optimize properly and there are a lot of people and tools available to help you do that.

Its not so much about optimizations, its more an issue of options to choose from. i really just need to work on getting other guys higher.
  • I agree, people on this board have been very helpful. I usually got to 6 but it wasn't a guarantee until a recent board topic about voyage tips helped me rework how I was assigning crew. Now it's not a problem. Almost got to 8 hours today!

Also it sounds like your 5/5s aren't all the way to 100, but that's gonna help immensely. It's often those last four pieces of equipment that separate the leaders from the pack. I'd look up which 100s will give you the best stats and just work on one until you get there, and then another, and then another. Hope this helps.
  • ProsserProsser ✭✭✭

From his wording in that post, I think he is likely just picking whatever crew is at the top of the list when he choses a slot. So if his voyage is eng/med, and in the sec slots he picks kortar and T'Kuvma since they are his highest sec and come to the top of the list. Rather than resorting by eng/med to get the top crew to fit in the sec slot with one or both of those stats.

Like that he would end up with mostly balanced stats across the board instead of the two main ones higher like is needed. I could easily see a voyage like that having all 6 stats around say 3-5k and then not being able to clear much past the 4 hour mark.
  • Yes, this just added for me a major obstacle, and the reason I came to this board.

I can't usually get 3 voyages in a day, I just don't play that much. So thanks DB for adding a Daily that now looses out on honor that I desperately need.

I have a hard time getting 7/7 shuttles, as I only have 2, I have a hard time getting 3 scans.

But now you add on something that takes 2 hours just to get the 1st voyage, almost an hour to come back and rinse and repeat, because my missions only last 2 hours, I can't get a 4 hour AND send out my shuttles AND try and complete cadet missions.

Thanks for making my casual game so much less compelling to even play.

How about you have daily missions but instead of requiring 11/11 you require 8/11 and let us choose which ones we can complete.
  • So let me get this straight. You already sign on 4 times for shuttles but signing on 4 times for voyages is an issue? Why dont you do the voyage when you sign on for the shuttles?
    1st time sign in do shuttles and start voyage
    2nd time do shuttles and hit the dilemna
    3rd time do shutttles and hit the dilemna and then recall
    4 time do shuttles and collect and resend voyage
    NEXT day
    1st time do shuttles do dilemna
    2nd time do shuttles do dilemna and recall
    3rd time shuttles. Collect voyage resend voyage
    4 time shuttles. Do dilemna.
    Next day
    1st time do shuttles do dilemma recall
    2nd shuttles collect voyage resend
    3rd shuttles dilemma
    4th shuttles dilemma recall

4th day
    1 shuttles collect resend
    2 shuttles dilemmna
    3 shuttles dilemma recall
    4 shuttles collect resend....

Following this pattern you will be able to get the dailies 2/3
  • parcparc ✭✭
    Prosser wrote: »

From his wording in that post, I think he is likely just picking whatever crew is at the top of the list when he choses a slot. So if his voyage is eng/med, and in the sec slots he picks kortar and T'Kuvma since they are his highest sec and come to the top of the list. Rather than resorting by eng/med to get the top crew to fit in the sec slot with one or both of those stats.

Like that he would end up with mostly balanced stats across the board instead of the two main ones higher like is needed. I could easily see a voyage like that having all 6 stats around say 3-5k and then not being able to clear much past the 4 hour mark.

I wasn't really sure how to word it, but basically you got it. Though i don't choose them because they are the highest but rather if i were to sort by say eng/med that also has a command stat, my highest would be a 3* or a 2* (and not exactly good ones) so the main stat would barely get a buff and the command stat would plummet. That trade off wouldnt be enough to get me to the next dilemma anyway.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drek_P wrote: »
    I can't usually get 3 voyages in a day
    I can't get a 4 hour AND send out my shuttles AND try and complete cadet missions.
    I have a hard time getting 7/7 shuttles
    I have a hard time getting 3 scans

Thanks for making my casual game so much less compelling to even play.
    honor that I desperately need.

So you don't have the time to many things in a game you play casually but somehow you desperately need more honour?

If I was you I'd stick to Voyages, cross your fingers and hope for the best. They're the part of the game that gives the most loot for the least effort.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I can make the three dilemmas with my mobile, but I have a second account on my desktop that is a 'pacer' account, to see exactly how far I can get without spending any money. With my work schedule, there's almost no chance of me getting to 3 dilemmas on my home computer before the daily transition. Which makes it harder to keep pace. Not the end of the world for me, but there are people who love the game who can't use their phone at work. It's easier to manage the shuttles than it is to hit 3 dilemmas on a work day. I would recommend knocking it down to 2. 3 is just too much, when you add it on top of all the other tasks needed to gain the daily honor points.