Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    parc wrote: »
    I truly do appreciate all of the people trying to help with my voyages. but honestly it seems like my crew is kinda just crap. a fair amount arent FE, but all of them are past lvl 91, and a lacking of resources prevents them from being FE. Of my higher level crew, a good amount only have 2 stats or have the same main stat and a good amount of the others could be called the worst in the game (ive seen the tables), which makes the pool of crew i can use for any one voyage much smaller.

Taking characters FE should definitely be a priority. Do you mind posting a roster and accepting some prioritization advice?

Also are you on a mobile platform that gets ad-warps?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe get rid of the 200 honor reward for completing all the dailies?

Instead, for the highest level of each of the daily rewards, in addition to what you get now, also give 20 honor.

When there were 10 different dailies, this would be 200 honor, same as today. Adding and 11th daily would then add 20 honor for a total possible 220 honor.

This would allow them to add as many dailies as they want but scale the potential honor to match the difficulty of completing the dailies. Only finish 4 dailies? You get 80 honor. Finish all 11? You get 220 honor.

Best of both worlds
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    Doesn't help in all that to have this interesting bug I just experienced, where a Voyage ran through two Dilemma points without actually stopping and presenting that Dilemma - of course that also doesn't count against that new daily. :(
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    You talk about unfairness. You should have been around when the game launched, you noobs nowadays are spoiled as hell. Let me tell you how it was back in the day:
    no warp for f2p players, you actually had to complete manually EVERY ship battles and missions. No voyages or cadet challenges, the amount of chrons was underwhelming. No immortalized crew. You immortalized a crew? Well then you can disband them for some ridiculous trainers. The game was a shell of what it is currently so if you can't log in four times a day to do your shuttles and do some voyages then you should not get any daily 200 honor either.

Amen!

So you're both saying that last week, it was fine for me to log in 3 times a day and get 200 honor, but it is no longer fine this week. Fair enough.
    I'm just saying that last week, it was fine for me to pay for a monthly card. But it will probably no longer be fine when it comes time to renew it...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't know that I necessarily would say the extreme of "ruined the game" like the OP... it is fairly ridiculous that the daily's just got this much more taxing (not even really difficult persay, just requiring extra logons and tapping) but yet the honor for completing all challenges didn't go up at all? C'mon! How about you make it 200 honor for completing *** amount of the daily's and 400 honor for completing them all? Not that difficult and then people can do however many they want
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As there were 3 similar threads on this subject they have all been merged into this central thread.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in as someone who often only plays in the evening (depending on work). I don't see what's good about this new "feature"? Does anyone actually like it? From reading the thread, it seems that even those defending it are mainly saying it's (to them) not an annoyance. Yay?

Please remove it or limit it to 1 dilemma.
  • Third RouteThird Route ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

Actually your comment is far closer to trolling than the one you commented on. I am a pretty new and 100% F2P player. For the moment my voyages last about 3 hours + 1 hour for return which makes 4 hours total. Three voyages take 11 hours then which makes them substantially harder to complete comparing to completing 3 scans (6 hours). And you should remember you can use ads to complete scans which makes this difference even bigger. With time my voyages will close to 4 hours mark which make completing this new daily even harder. So, who is really trolling here?
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

100% think this is a troll.

Actually your comment is far closer to trolling than the one you commented on. I am a pretty new and 100% F2P player. For the moment my voyages last about 3 hours + 1 hour for return which makes 4 hours total. Three voyages take 11 hours then which makes them substantially harder to complete comparing to completing 3 scans (6 hours). And you should remember you can use ads to complete scans which makes this difference even bigger. With time my voyages will close to 4 hours mark which make completing this new daily even harder. So, who is really trolling here?

Actually when you hit the 4 hour mark, you're only worried about 1 return before hitting the daily goal, as you'll hit the second dilemma, return then go back out and hit 2 more dilemmas, getting the goal on the first dilemma of your second run. That's, 4 with about a 1 1/2 return with 2 hour out til the goal.

• Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually when you hit the 4 hour mark, you're only worried about 1 return before hitting the daily goal, as you'll hit the second dilemma, return then go back out and hit 2 more dilemmas, getting the goal on the first dilemma of your second run. That's, 4 with about a 1 1/2 return with 2 hour out til the goal.

I said close to 4 hours mark. Until such player can actually cross this mark good amount of time will pass. Don't twist my words.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I said close to 4 hours mark. Until such player can actually cross this mark good amount of time will pass. Don't twist my words.

It's your choice to continue beyond 2 hours. If you don't expect your voyage to reach the 4 hour mark and are concerned about getting your merits/credits/honor for the day, you should probably recall early.

If you mean to get close rather than say close in on, that would be a little different, yes. However accusation of word twisting on a poorly phrased statement is a little harsh.

Incidentally depending on your leveling priorities and how you do with the galaxy community rewards, you should be seeing some good bumps in your voyage performance.

I might do some testing and see if I can hit the 4 hr mark using just 3* characters.

Incidentally, getting in on a good fleet can also help enhance your voyage performance, with on the extreme end getting a 10% stat bump per stat if they have a maxed starbase.

It's your choice to continue beyond 2 hours. If you don't expect your voyage to reach the 4 hour mark and are concerned about getting your merits/credits/honor for the day, you should probably recall early.

Of course it is my choice but you are wrong again. It would be foolish to sacrifice this additional hour. Most of the time it can give you many purple trainers. Got 30 from my last voyage. 15-20 is a standard for me. There are also blue and green replicator rations, chronitons also. So no, your suggestion isn't good and again can be considered as trolling.
    I so love the assumption that the "guest" accounts are trolls. I am a level 48 player, and have been a Monthly Card payer for months. This is my topic posting on this forum, I logged in via Facebook, and haven't found the way to change my name here, so it is still showing up as "guest." And if this is the type of reception us new posters get here, this topic might be my last. Signed, Non-Troll.

If you mean to get close rather than say close in on, that would be a little different, yes. However accusation of word twisting on a poorly phrased statement is a little harsh.

Incidentally depending on your leveling priorities and how you do with the galaxy community rewards, you should be seeing some good bumps in your voyage performance.

I might do some testing and see if I can hit the 4 hr mark using just 3* characters.

Incidentally, getting in on a good fleet can also help enhance your voyage performance, with on the extreme end getting a 10% stat bump per stat if they have a maxed starbase.

My phrasing was correct. I am a member of some decent fleet.
    How do you think? How many developed fleets will be eager to pick up a new F2P player?

Of course it is my choice but you are wrong again. It would be foolish to sacrifice this additional hour. Most of the time it can give you many purple trainers. Got 30 from my last voyage. 15-20 is a standard for me. There are also blue and green replicator rations, chronitons also. So no, your suggestion isn't good and again can be considered as trolling.

You said I am wrong without actually shown that I've said anything wrong. I said it's your choice, here, longer voyages or more dilemmas. This is a choice that has ALWAYS existed within the game. I've turned around plenty of voyages early because it made their return time more convenient for me (like recalling an hour early so it returns by 10PM rather than 11PM so I can go to bed earlier). It's a choice.
    I so love the assumption that the "guest" accounts are trolls. I am a level 48 player, and have been a Monthly Card payer for months. This is my topic posting on this forum, I logged in via Facebook, and haven't found the way to change my name here, so it is still showing up as "guest." And if this is the type of reception us new posters get here, this topic might be my last. Signed, Non-Troll.

"Anonymous" accounts in every forum I've ever seen get treated that way. I'd recommend creating a signature of sorts. One of the problems is there are about 3 different guest_########## accounts in this thread alone, so keeping you guys straight is near impossible. That would at least make a way to identify you uniquely a little easier.

You said I am wrong without actually shown that I've said anything wrong. I said it's your choice, here, longer voyages or more dilemmas. This is a choice that has ALWAYS existed within the game. I've turned around plenty of voyages early because it made their return time more convenient for me (like recalling an hour early so it returns by 10PM rather than 11PM so I can go to bed earlier). It's a choice.

And I said "Of course I have a choice". I agreed I have a choice but it doesn't change the fact that your suggestion to make such choice was bad. Voyages are the best source of almost every vital resource for new players in this game. There is a huge difference between emergency recall short and long voyage.
    edited March 2018

"Anonymous" accounts in every forum I've ever seen get treated that way. I'd recommend creating a signature of sorts. One of the problems is there are about 3 different guest_########## accounts in this thread alone, so keeping you guys straight is near impossible. That would at least make a way to identify you uniquely a little easier.

Comment moderated. ˜Shan
    Dralix wrote: »
    So to recap, some people won't be able to get max rewards in a game they don't have the time to play.

Actual recap, people who had time to log in 3 times a day to get the daily rewards are now upset at being required to log in a additional 4th time a day to get the same reward.
    \

How do you think? How many developed fleets will be eager to pick up a new F2P player?

Actually I'm going to guess by your above statement that English is not your first language. Example "Of some decent fleet." I think you mean "of a decent fleet" or you could mean "of a somewhat decent fleet", maybe you've been part of "some decent fleets"? All of these have similar but different meanings. As such, I'll try to look at your posts from several angles and determine a few possible alternate meanings before replying. This may lead to more clarifying questions to determine your actual meaning.

Regardless, once you do make it over the 4 hour hump, you will see the performance gains that I mentioned, and hopefully that is something in your near future, especially with community rewards giving you 2 1/4s and a 10 Premium Pack.

And though the whale fleets probably wouldn't bring you in, there are several that mentor new folks with decent (but not maxed) starbases that will help you along. I've seen a number come into my fleet and squad. (which unfortunately is full up...)

And I said "Of course I have a choice". I agreed I have a choice but it doesn't change the fact that your suggestion to make such choice was bad. Voyages are the best source of almost every vital resource for new players in this game. There is a huge difference between emergency recall short and long voyage.

I said there are plenty of reasons why you might want to recall a voyage early even before this implementation. This is simply giving you another reason why you might want to consider ending one early. If it's a bad choice, then don't do it, but saying you have no other options is disingenuous at best.
    edited March 2018

Comment moderated. ˜Shan

I make a suggestion on how a poster might make themselves stand out and be more unique and better receipted and you suggest I'm trolling? I really hope your day shapes up because it sounds like you're having a rough one.

Also, if you want any suggestions on how to improve your voyages, I've made a ton of posts in other threads. There are some good resources in the Ready Room forum too.

Actually I'm going to guess by your above statement that English is not your first language. Example "Of some decent fleet." I think you mean "of a decent fleet" or you could mean "of a somewhat decent fleet", maybe you've been part of "some decent fleets"? All of these have similar but different meanings. As such, I'll try to look at your posts from several angles and determine a few possible alternate meanings before replying. This may lead to more clarifying questions to determine your actual meaning.

Regardless, once you do make it over the 4 hour hump, you will see the performance gains that I mentioned, and hopefully that is something in your near future, especially with community rewards giving you 2 1/4s and a 10 Premium Pack.

And though the whale fleets probably wouldn't bring you in, there are several that mentor new folks with decent (but not maxed) starbases that will help you along. I've seen a number come into my fleet and squad. (which unfortunately is full up...)

Yes, english is not my native language. With your last sentence you denied your own words. Fleets willing to invite such players are most of the time full up.
    edited March 2018
    Comment moderated. ˜Shan
    edited March 2018

I guess I was more interested in actually trying to contribute to the conversation that take the time to figure out how to alter my sign in name. I was at least happy to find a way to sign in and comment. But given the responses of "it's so easy to do" and "maybe this isn't the game for you", maybe this isn't the forum for me. Signed, for easier identification, Non-Troll
    Shan wrote: »
    As there were 3 similar threads on this subject they have all been merged into this central thread.

This one comment tell volumes on the popularity of this change. Signed, NonTroll

I said there are plenty of reasons why you might want to recall a voyage early even before this implementation. This is simply giving you another reason why you might want to consider ending one early. If it's a bad choice, then don't do it, but saying you have no other options is disingenuous at best.

Bad option is no option. It's like giving someone a choice: Do you want to be punched right in the face or just kicked in the butt? I would like to have a choice to take third route...
  • parcparc ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

lesson learned, if i post on the forums, my post will get merged into a much more toxic and vaguely related post in a completely differnt category on the site
  • parcparc ✭✭
    @Pallidyne , no I don't use mobile, playing the game for like 10 min would start to ruin the hardware

also i think im just gonna stop going near the forums (and possibly the game maybe) after this fun experience