Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Rabb wrote: »
    My issue with this change is forcing people to log in 4 times, each at least 2 hours apart to achieve what they could do yesterday in 50 minutes. Even our fairly busy fleet has 5-10 people I see only log in once a day and they still manage to get the other 10 dailies done.
    Dedicated 1-minute Faction is not how you supposed to do things. That's kinda like legal exploit so DB is unlikely to ever think about people who do that. And without that you can't get said 50 minutes.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing this out there, but since they have this as a daily thing now, they could also add in a Dilemmas thing to the fleet rewards, as another source of Honour.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    They didn’t like the idea of people getting chrons on voyages so they nerfed it people continued to spend on voyages so they introduced 3 dilemmas to the Dailies so you either spend to recall a long voyage or do shorter ones (well that’s how it seems)

Or you could just resolve a dilemma right before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nothing whets my appetite like getting another common dilemma. 80 Honour is the right spice for every meal.

Three dilemma's is nothing. If it was nine you'd have an argument.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Minimum to hit daily achievement without dil was 3 times a day. Because of scans it was 3 hours apart. If I have a really busy day I can log on morning, once during the day, and do the bulk of the “work” at night.

Maximum dilemmas in a day without spending would be 12? Probably 11. I usually turn around at 12hrs. So at the most players are between 6-11.

• KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    KaiRo wrote: »
    If the "Complete all Daily Missions" thing wouldn't be there, this would be a great addition and you'd just have the ability to get rewarded a bit more for actually doing voyages. But with it there, it means that many people will not be able to complete dailies and lose honor in comparison to before, which is sad.

I have to ask again...who are these “many people” that is driving all the concern? New players that can reach two hours on a voyage are already having to log in a minimum of three times a day across nine hours for the daily reward for scans (unless they’re burning ad-warps) and four times a day across 12 hours for the shuttle missions daily reward.

I for one am one of those "many" on a lot of days. I don't feel I can spare the crew to run voyages during events, I don't want to spend dilithium all the time because I miss the point to safely recall them, and I already spend too much time in games and too little on paid work, so I may have to either stop earning money or stop playing (some) games - and in the latter case, any that needs a lot of time is the first to be stopped.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Simply put this is another way for squeezing money.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply put this is another way for squeezing money.

So don't. That'll learn em.
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    Maximum dilemmas in a day without spending would be 12? Probably 11. I usually turn around at 12hrs. So at the most players are between 6-11.

Its 8 dilemmas. Run 2 hours, recall 48m. Voyage time is almost 3 hours. Combine that however you like.

Practically its less. Last night I recalled before bed and didn't send out a new one till morning so my Voyages idled for 4 hours there. Sometimes my Voyages idle at a dilemma for longer periods of time. Usually because of sleep, sometimes for other reasons. I don't usually get up in the middle of the night to resolve a Dilemma. Generally, I'm doing 6 dilemma's every day though without complication. It helps that during the day I can pause my work if I wanted to. Its probably the least time consuming thing you'll ever do in this game given the amount of rewards given.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see 10 required for the daily also. I might actually do it then but I can't bring myself to do both arena and shuttles. If it were only 1 of the 2 I would do it maybe half the time.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Ridiculous complaint. Who complains about more OPTIONAL content. Even as a noob, You can achieve this with literally 2 minutes of play time. It took you 3 times as long to complain about it here than it would have to successfully complete the challenge. Am I out of touch as a small whale? Can noobs and f2p not get to 2 hours on voyages? I for one will never complain about additional optional content. Thank you for the update DB.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Simply put this is another way for squeezing money.

So don't. That'll learn em.
    Oh believe, I won't. Never buy their packs and certainly won't throw dilithium to instafinish my voyage. This game gets more and more greedy with every update.

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game gets more and more greedy with every update.

In the first month, they paid you to play.
  • Ridiculous complaint. Who complains about more OPTIONAL content. Even as a noob, You can achieve this with literally 2 minutes of play time. It took you 3 times as long to complain about it here than it would have to successfully complete the challenge. Am I out of touch as a small whale? Can noobs and f2p not get to 2 hours on voyages? I for one will never complain about additional optional content. Thank you for the update DB.

I'm F2P player and I can say new and/or F2P players can quite easily reach 2 hours mark but that is not the point. What is really funny about this change is DB's attitude towards paying players. I find it hilarious that DB shows them such obvious disrespect.
  • *DB creates a new daily to give a small bonus to 99% of players*

Players: "OMG THEY ARE FORCING US TO SPEND MONEY"

This community never ceases to amaze me.

If your words are comment to my post then you simply misunderstood it.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    *DB creates a new daily to give a small bonus to 99% of players*

Not JUST your post, but a quick glance in this thread:

"Just an attempt to get more people to spend money on dilithium."
    "Simply put this is another way for squeezing money."
    "They want to get newer players to pay to extend voyages so they can get 100 honor."

I don't really see how I could have possibly misunderstood your "squeezing money" comment as anything other than "DB is trying to extract money from me".

"They want to get newer players to pay to extend voyages so they can get 100 honor."

I don't really see how I could have possibly misunderstood your "squeezing money" comment as anything other than "DB is trying to extract money from me".

Not from me, I said I am a F2P player. They are simply forcing paying players to pay dilithium to instafinish long voyages. It seems absurd and very hilarious to me. It's like you have to additionaly pay for a toilet in an expensive restaurant. Very, very illogical idea.

Not from me, I said I am a F2P player. They are simply forcing paying players to pay dilithium to instafinish long voyages. It seems absurd and very hilarious to me. It's like you have to additionaly pay for a toilet in an expensive restaurant. Very, very illogical idea.

You vastly overestimate the number of people who send out 72 hour voyages. Not to mention they are likely going to do it once (to snipe all of the voyage crew). That means they'll miss ONE set of 200 honor if they take their time and time things properly with the return trip timing. OR if 200 honor if THAT meaningful, they can spend a few hundred to cut off the last 6 hours of the return trip. Considering they already dumped ~4k DIL for the privilege of taking the trip, if 200 DIL is worth 200 honor to them, more power to them.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    They are simply forcing paying players to pay dilithium to instafinish long voyages. It seems absurd and very hilarious to me. It's like you have to additionaly pay for a toilet in an expensive restaurant. Very, very illogical idea.
    My point exactly. That's why this is so absurd. Why would you want to deny your paying players achiving this goal? I know DB is greedy but this is simply not classy.
    I'd say a more illogical idea is spending dilithium to recall an exceedingly long voyage just for 200 honor.

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will NOT be spending Dilithium every day just to complete an 11th Daily Chore for the same amount of Honour for completing all. If it had been ONE Dilemma, I could do it. But, I have NO Crew that can get my six hours in without recharging......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Ridiculous complaint. Who complains about more OPTIONAL content. Even as a noob, You can achieve this with literally 2 minutes of play time. It took you 3 times as long to complain about it here than it would have to successfully complete the challenge. Am I out of touch as a small whale? Can noobs and f2p not get to 2 hours on voyages? I for one will never complain about additional optional content. Thank you for the update DB.

I'm F2P player and I can say new and/or F2P players can quite easily reach 2 hours mark but that is not the point. What is really funny about this change is DB's attitude towards paying players. I find it hilarious that DB shows them such obvious disrespect.

As a longtime paying player prolly VIP 32 or so I feel I’m entitled to say, true dat brother!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...

You vastly overestimate the number of people who send out 72 hour voyages. Not to mention they are likely going to do it once (to snipe all of the voyage crew). That means they'll miss ONE set of 200 honor if they take their time and time things properly with the return trip timing. OR if 200 honor if THAT meaningful, they can spend a few hundred to cut off the last 6 hours of the return trip. Considering they already dumped ~4k DIL for the privilege of taking the trip, if 200 DIL is worth 200 honor to them, more power to them.

It's not about number of such players. It's all about being classy. Imagine you are a client of an expensive restaurant and you just paid thousands of dollars for dinner. And now you want to use a toilet. Then some personel guy tell you that you need to pay 10 bucks to do it. What would you think about it? :-)
    I will NOT be spending Dilithium every day just to complete an 11th Daily Chore for the same amount of Honour for completing all. If it had been ONE Dilemma, I could do it. But, I have NO Crew that can get my six hours in without recharging......

Its a good thing that you can do 3 2 hour Voyages to meet the daily requirements.

It's not about number of such players. It's all about being classy. Imagine you are a client of an expensive restaurant and you just paid thousands of dollars for dinner. And now you want to use a toilet. Then some personel guy tell you that you need to pay 10 bucks to do it. What would you think about it? :-)

It has been my experience that the most expensive places are a lot more likely to nickle-and-dime you for tiny things. What you describe is a situation I am very familiar with (maybe not in the context of a restaurant, but other businesses for sure).
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Its a good thing that you can do 3 2 hour Voyages to meet the daily requirements.

Yeah. I could. If the day was longer. I MIGHT be able to get in TWO around my work schedule......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

It has been my experience that the most expensive places are a lot more likely to nickle-and-dime you for tiny things. What you describe is a situation I am very familiar with (maybe not in the context of a restaurant, but other businesses for sure).

Yes, such practices and such places exists but the key question remains. Is it classy or pathetic? Such little things constitute your reputation. DB with this illogical move simply threw away what's little left of their reputation.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    We already have to log in 3 times per day for scans, so this doesn't make dailies any more difficult.