Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's another thing to engage players and you get some extra credits (sure the merits are whatever, but the credits can be important). Calling them idiots for adding this is a tad ridiculous IMO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who logs in enough to get the three daily scans can clear dilemmas...other than for players literally in their first few days of playing and can’t reach 2 hours, what’s the problem here?
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

I work up to 16 hours some days. I burn a video on a scan so I could front load all but 1 set before I sleep and finish when I wake. I can do 3 dillemas if I sleep poorly and don't have it inbound like today.

I know I am an outlier but I can see a rare case having issues.
  • One positive silver lining I see in this is "helping" younger players in galaxy events since newer players don't have the chrons to burn farming things for events as they are still leveling/adding stars to their crew. I'm sure many new players prioritize shuttles and neglect voyages.

Voyages give you both chrons and low-level components used in galaxy events. While you won't be cracking top leaderboards, I feel like newer players underestimate the threshold rewards they can reach with a modest effort. Also with those components also being equipable to many level 1-30 crew, you the best bang-for-your-buck for low-level crew are voyages.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is before you could complete all dailies in 3 hours if you used an ad on a scan. That's now been pushed to 6 hours. Yes, it's a mobile game, but there are days where I don't have 6 hours to play. DB just took 200 honor away for the sake of 25 merits. I'm not a newbie. I've been playing since the first month, I can hit 8 hours without a refill on the right voyage, and I'm not happy about this.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I did my 73 hour voyage before this was added. It took about 1 day and 5 hours for that voyage to return.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmett K wrote: »
    This change was really disappointing. Then to finish the first one and find I had to do 3. Really unhappy with this change.

If you are unable to do this one, how are you EVER able to do the "Scan" daily or the shuttle missions daily? You can do them at pretty much the exact same time, so long as you can make a 2hr voyage (an extremely low bar).

100% think this is a troll.

I work up to 16 hours some days. I burn a video on a scan so I could front load all but 1 set before I sleep and finish when I wake. I can do 3 dillemas if I sleep poorly and don't have it inbound like today.

I know I am an outlier but I can see a rare case having issues.

On the off chance you're not kidding you should report your employer to the labour board for not giving you any work breaks. Also its quite possible to eat a sammich whilst playing STT. I know I've done it.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the daily mission is as much of a problem for new/F2P players as it is for the bigger spenders.

As a F2P player myself, I can easily get in 3+ dilemmas in a day, just by logging in, since all my voyages last at minimum 6hrs. Others in my fleet frequently send out 4hr voyages, recall them, send them back out. That's less than 8hrs to get the 3 dilemmas, and requires logging in every 2 hours (which isn't that hard honestly).

But for those that spend dil on incredibly long voyages, their recall times may affect their ability to easily hit this target. But then, if they're getting 10+ hour long voyages, they can probably get by with 200 less honour per day? Still **tsk tsk** though.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    i just don't really see the issue here, i can run 2 6 hour voyages a day with the recall of the second overnite so it's ready to cash 1st thing in the morning....that's 6 dilemmas every 24 hrs. Newbs, of course, can't do that yet, but that's just another incentive to progress in the game. Checkin every 2 hours? Not a problem. That's what alarms are for.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the daily mission is as much of a problem for new/F2P players as it is for the bigger spenders.

As a F2P player myself, I can easily get in 3+ dilemmas in a day, just by logging in, since all my voyages last at minimum 6hrs. Others in my fleet frequently send out 4hr voyages, recall them, send them back out. That's less than 8hrs to get the 3 dilemmas, and requires logging in every 2 hours (which isn't that hard honestly).

But for those that spend dil on incredibly long voyages, their recall times may affect their ability to easily hit this target. But then, if they're getting 10+ hour long voyages, they can probably get by with 200 less honour per day? Still *chocolate cronut* though.

If you time things right, you could have 40hr return time and still get all dailies without additional DIL spending.

However, if they are that important to get, you can pay more DIL to speed your return up. Its all a choice, just like spending to get a 70+ hr voyage in the first place.
  • Good news is that dilemmas do not need to all happen in one voyage. I just ran two voyages (one 4hr and one 2hr) and still qualified for the 3rd dilemma reward (which is the final reward by the way and unlocks the 200 honor)
    i just don't really see the issue here, i can run 2 6 hour voyages a day with the recall of the second overnite so it's ready to cash 1st thing in the morning....that's 6 dilemmas every 24 hrs. Newbs, of course, can't do that yet, but that's just another incentive to progress in the game. Checkin every 2 hours? Not a problem. That's what alarms are for.

New players can still run multiple 2hr or 4hr voyages, so it still shouldn't be an issue. Maybe they have to log in a little more because of recall time, but it's still doable.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • So long as the dilemmas do not have to be on a single voyage I don't see this being a problem.

In answer to my own question, I'm pleased to announce that each time you resolve any dilemma (it does not have to be in a single voyage and you get it as soon as the dilemma resolves) you automatically qualify for the appropriate reward.

So, we should all still be able to get the final daily reward and the 200 honor as long as we are running Voyages- and why would you not run voyages ?
  • I like the new daily. But wish that db would have increased what we get when we complete all the daily missions. It's crummy to now have to do 11 things to get our daily 200 honor, they could have increased it just a bit. To make it more appealing to want to complete.
  • The issue for the newer players is that they simply won't have all the tools necessary to complete the dailies without extra log-ins and a lot more time spent. Consider that they will only have 2 shuttles. Now if they have some factions with shorter missions they may be able to complete that faster, but if not then they will need 3 1/2 runs to get the shuttle daily done, which could equal 6 hours plus. Combine that with the newer player lack of crew - it takes a while to build a roster that can be effective in a Voyage, so they may get through 2-3 hours only before they have to recall & re-send.

These issues will only be exacerbated by events, especially Faction events where shuttles & crew are in constant use.

I cannot recall - do Voyages unlock right away? Maybe having them unlock later would help alleviate some of the concerns.
  • I for one do not like what they did. I was planning on recalling my voyage but now I have to spend over 500 dilithium to make sure I can make the 3 dilemmas. This is a crock. It basically is telling me to start a voyage, do the 3 then recall it everyday instead of letting it continue or to spend dilithium on a crappy voyage that is not rewarding me very well for the amount of dilithium I have to spend.
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    If the "Complete all Daily Missions" thing wouldn't be there, this would be a great addition and you'd just have the ability to get rewarded a bit more for actually doing voyages. But with it there, it means that many people will not be able to complete dailies and lose honor in comparison to before, which is sad.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Why not just make the daily rewards incremental? If you complete 1/11 you get 20 honor ... 5/11 90 honor ... 11/11 1,000,000 honor ... no wait 200 honor.

I think this would help, huh DB?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    I for one do not like what they did. I was planning on recalling my voyage but now I have to spend over 500 dilithium to make sure I can make the 3 dilemmas. This is a crock. It basically is telling me to start a voyage, do the 3 then recall it everyday instead of letting it continue or to spend dilithium on a crappy voyage that is not rewarding me very well for the amount of dilithium I have to spend.

You would have to be extending your voyage to the 70+ hr mark on a regular basis for this to be an issue. Can you add more details because I don't understand what your specific gripe is.
    KaiRo wrote: »
    If the "Complete all Daily Missions" thing wouldn't be there, this would be a great addition and you'd just have the ability to get rewarded a bit more for actually doing voyages. But with it there, it means that many people will not be able to complete dailies and lose honor in comparison to before, which is sad.

I have to ask again...who are these “many people” that is driving all the concern? New players that can reach two hours on a voyage are already having to log in a minimum of three times a day across nine hours for the daily reward for scans (unless they’re burning ad-warps) and four times a day across 12 hours for the shuttle missions daily reward.

The subset of players that can’t reach the first dilemma is small. The subset of players who run such long voyages that they are physically blocked from reaching three dilemmas in a day, won’t spend dil to hurry up the return of the voyage, and would be super concerned about losing 200 honor is also small.

All this being said, it would be nice if DB would up the Complete All Daily Missions reward, even if it was just 250 instead of 200. Heck...220 (20 honor for each mission) would be an improvement.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The issue is before you could complete all dailies in 3 hours if you used an ad on a scan. That's now been pushed to 6 hours. Yes, it's a mobile game, but there are days where I don't have 6 hours to play. DB just took 200 honor away for the sake of 25 merits. I'm not a newbie. I've been playing since the first month, I can hit 8 hours without a refill on the right voyage, and I'm not happy about this.

You’re using two ads a day on scans? Is the 25 merits and 200 honor really worth missing out on up to 48 chrons’ worth of high-level rewards from away missions and ship battles? I would rather have the rare casings, rare polyalloys, and rare clothing patterns.

And saying that you need 6 hours a day to play is a little disingenuous since you need a few minutes across those 6 hours to actually get the bare minimum done. Take five minutes in the morning before heading off to work, five minutes at lunch, and five minutes while on a bathroom break...this new daily mission is not the end of the world.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't have a problem doing these, but as they are now a requirement the completed all daily tasks should itself ironically be split in to two reward segments, compete 6/11 for 100 honor complete 11/11 for an additional 250.

This would solve all the problems.
  • HalexHalex ✭✭
    I hope they take some of this feedback and change this. It seems just a little much for the casual player. Many of us have busy lives with family, work etc. Many of us can't play this on a mobile device and can only play at home. Having to now solve 3 dilemmas in order to complete all the dailies and get the 200 honor will now be very hard. For all of you commenting that us new players are just complaining and we don't know how good we have it, that is really not valid. It's not our fault we don't know how the game was back in the day. I think this game needs and welcomes all the new players it can get. So for us to be used to how the game was just before this new added daily I think it is fair for many of us to feel this is now a little tuff to achieve completion of this.
    Halex wrote: »
    I hope they take some of this feedback and change this. It seems just a little much for the casual player. Many of us have busy lives with family, work etc. Many of us can't play this on a mobile device and can only play at home. Having to now solve 3 dilemmas in order to complete all the dailies and get the 200 honor will now be very hard. For all of you commenting that us new players are just complaining and we don't know how good we have it, that is really not valid. It's not our fault we don't know how the game was back in the day. I think this game needs and welcomes all the new players it can get. So for us to be used to how the game was just before this new added daily I think it is fair for many of us to feel this is now a little tuff to achieve completion of this.

Is logging in 3 times during the day that difficult? I get that certain lives are more hectic than others, but that's not really the game's fault. Even now I miss some dailies because life happens.

I think what some are confused about is just why opening a game on your phone for 5 minutes, 3 times per day when you're probably already opening it at least twice is such a burden?

And if your life is so busy that you can't be constantly checking the game, then perhaps this isn't the game for you? I've dropped other games I was playing just because they required too much dedicated time and there wasn't much I could do if I was simply popping in and out.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Happyface wrote: »
    I like the new daily. But wish that db would have increased what we get when we complete all the daily missions. It's crummy to now have to do 11 things to get our daily 200 honor, they could have increased it just a bit. To make it more appealing to want to complete.

That’s essentially my only complaint...walking further for the same water
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • NasHam wrote: »
    I for one do not like what they did. I was planning on recalling my voyage but now I have to spend over 500 dilithium to make sure I can make the 3 dilemmas. This is a crock. It basically is telling me to start a voyage, do the 3 then recall it everyday instead of letting it continue or to spend dilithium on a crappy voyage that is not rewarding me very well for the amount of dilithium I have to spend.

You would have to be extending your voyage to the 70+ hr mark on a regular basis for this to be an issue. Can you add more details because I don't understand what your specific gripe is.

My specific gripe is that I was in the middle of a voyage and once you get to a certain point, it only allows you to get 1 dilemma before it fails then you spend dilithium to revive and repeat. I had planned on recalling my voyage but with the length of time it will take for it to come back, I would never be able to get the 3 dilemmas today. Thus I had to spend lots of dilithium to be able to finish todays daily reward.
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There are some of us who don't have phones to play on all day, and can only access on wi-fi at home.
    I normally have voyages running, either starting one in the morning or when I get home, but depending on the length of the voyage, it could be sat waiting on the first dilemma all day, then by the time the second comes round, in the evening, then wait another 2 hours to return, I can barely start a new voyage, but certainly not get a third dilemma before the daily reset.
    This is not a good idea to add to dailies, which I will now miss the honor for not completing them.

I may hit the extra dilemma, near the daily reset, but would be asleep by then, if that does trigger completing the daily, then unclaimed rewards should be collected automatically at reset, as in the Starbase contribution dailies, without having to hit the buttons to collect.

I'm not sure if the dilemma needs to be resolved in order to trigger the daily, as I don't necessarily always want to trigger it at 4 hours if I know there is another 1 1/2hrs remaining, I would leave the dilemma until the next day to get the most out of the voyage, and not just return at 4hrs.

DB needs to re-think this!
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    Thus I had to spend lots of dilithium to be able to finish todays daily reward.

So you traded "lots of dilithium" for 200 honor.