Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    Thus I had to spend lots of dilithium to be able to finish todays daily reward.
    When you go on voyages like this is there even point in 200 honor? That's like 2 airlocked 3*...
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phd wrote: »
    There are some of us who don't have phones to play on all day, and can only access on wi-fi at home.
    I normally have voyages running, either starting one in the morning or when I get home, but depending on the length of the voyage, it could be sat waiting on the first dilemma all day, then by the time the second comes round, in the evening, then wait another 2 hours to return, I can barely start a new voyage, but certainly not get a third dilemma before the daily reset.
    This is not a good idea to add to dailies, which I will now miss the honor for not completing them.
    DB needs to re-think this!

The fact is, you're in the minority there. Most people are able to access the game throughout the day. Developers who make mobile apps will always assume you can use your phone whenever, because that's how it is for most people.

Again, your life is such that it's difficult to play the game. I get that it's frustrating (like I said above, I had to drop some games because they didn't fit into my life), but at a certain point you have to accept that the game can't/won't be changed for the 5% of players it isn't best suited for, and make do with what you have.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited March 2018
    --accidental double post--

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be satisfied if DB set the target to any 10 dailies

That's actually a good idea. I'd sure prefer that.

Frankly though, as bad as it is for new players, it doesn't much affect me. Honor's so worthless that I no longer care when I don't complete all my dailies. This is just one more obstacle, that while very easy to overcome, makes me even more disinterested in trying to complete daily chores.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I have an alt account that I spend zero on. This is only a small annoyance. If you rely on honor join a fleet!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    NasHam wrote: »
    Thus I had to spend lots of dilithium to be able to finish todays daily reward.
    When you go on voyages like this is there even point in 200 honor? That's like 2 airlocked 3*...

Well if you don't do those voyages you may not get those 2 3* crew members after 3hrs - you got to be in it to get it. You can't rely on gauntlet (which is also every 2 days) for the rare rewards so unless you are willing to drop 650 or 3 or 4 * 72 in dilithium on average to get those 2 blue crew daily I would say stick to the dailies.

EDIT
    oh and don't get me started on wasting credits and merits for blue crew - it just ain't worth spit.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    --accidental double post--

It was just that reasonable! It needed a double posting...

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The issue is before you could complete all dailies in 3 hours if you used an ad on a scan. That's now been pushed to 6 hours. Yes, it's a mobile game, but there are days where I don't have 6 hours to play. DB just took 200 honor away for the sake of 25 merits. I'm not a newbie. I've been playing since the first month, I can hit 8 hours without a refill on the right voyage, and I'm not happy about this.

You’re using two ads a day on scans? Is the 25 merits and 200 honor really worth missing out on up to 48 chrons’ worth of high-level rewards from away missions and ship battles? I would rather have the rare casings, rare polyalloys, and rare clothing patterns.

And saying that you need 6 hours a day to play is a little disingenuous since you need a few minutes across those 6 hours to actually get the bare minimum done. Take five minutes in the morning before heading off to work, five minutes at lunch, and five minutes while on a bathroom break...this new daily mission is not the end of the world.

No, most days I'm fine. But there are days where I don't pick up my phone/can not play at all until after 8pm. On those days I used 1 ad to get a second scan, then can get my third scan 3 hours later when my shuttles return and I send out a second wave. That means from the time I start playing until I have hit my full daily targets, it's 3 hours. This change makes it 6 hours from the time I start until I hit my daily target. If I don't start before 6pm I'm screwed.

You don't know my life, you don't know my reasons, but play in the morning/play at lunch are not options. I'm already losing chron boosts, gauntlet rounds, and whatever I'd accrue from Voyages during the day, I accept that. But DB just took something I was hitting every day and made it unreachable.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well if you don't do those voyages you may not get those 2 3* crew members after 3hrs - you got to be in it to get it. Y
    Did you read what I replied to? He spent 500! dil additionally on voyage. That's like nearly pack. Because his voyage was too long to return conveniently in time for 3 more dilemmas - meaning even more dil. 200 honor is nothing at that stage.

And normal voyages don't have such problem so except rare circumstances almost everybody can get their 3 dilemmas.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 3 a day won't kill me but occasionally this will be an issue. Probably seemed like a good idea but will hurt people busy or trying to recall long voyages
    It’s really just getting 2 a day if you wake up to a dilemma waiting on you...you’ve already started 1/3
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really just getting 2 a day if you wake up to a dilemma waiting on you...you’ve already started 1/3

Unless you start with a voyage completed waiting to be claimed.
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    So long as the dilemmas do not have to be on a single voyage I don't see this being a problem.

I'm assuming this will be the case.

However, before judging any of those complaining about this issue, I think I'll try sending out my next voyage using as many active 2* and 3* characters and see how far it gets. The two hour achievement does not seem grossly unmanageable for newer f2p or monthly card players.

8muabo3yy75u.png
    3w0x2a7d090u.png
    b5u8wy1t2e4i.png

Pretty decent with only four 3* crew, only 2 of which have the featured skill. Assuming most new players have at least one 4* at level 40 or something, I'd say that this is fully doable for new players.

Also I like imagining Jazz Musician Odo declaring"For SCIENCE!"

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at it briefly with my calculator, I tried out a completely un-optimized (read: picked from top-to-bottom in the list) 2*s with starting AM of 1300 (maxed out Constellation) and it had an estimated completion around 2:40.

No, a brand new player would not be able to achieve that much, but a brand new player also might struggle to fill all 12 slots while doing shuttles at the same time, too. I would guess that after a month or two of playing, 2hr dilemmas should be very achievable.
  • It’s a pointless move to add 3 Dilemma daily. There is little value added for the players it doesn’t inconvenience. It really doesn’t matter how easy or hard it is at any level.

I can only think of one reason DB added this. They want to get newer players to pay to extend voyages so they can get 100 honor. Penny pinching.

If this isn’t the reason then there was no benefit for us or them
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I protest this change to the Voyages. 3 dilemmas required a day! Comment moderated. ˜Shan Lower Lv players are having a difficult enough time now. Does DB have too many players and wishes for them to quit out from frustration? Or just have the rest of us quit out of disgust? I've haven't thought of leaving ST timelines til now. REMOVE this change NOW!

This is about the dumbest tirade I’ve ever seen on here and I’ve seen ALOT! Seriously dude, you are off your rocker! Three dilemmas a day has you posting this? There is truly something wrong with you.

• Pretty decent with only four 3* crew, only 2 of which have the featured skill. Assuming most new players have at least one 4* at level 40 or something, I'd say that this is fully doable for new players.

Also, a couple of those 2*s were fresh level 1 off my last voyage (since I don't keep many 2*s on hand). So yeah, very doable once you get into it for a little while.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • I would like to add my support for keeping the main task at any 10.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    It’s a pointless move to add 3 Dilemma daily. There is little value added for the players it doesn’t inconvenience. It really doesn’t matter how easy or hard it is at any level.

I do agree its pointless. The majority of the player base will still get use out of it. I resolve 6-8 dilemma's everyday. I don't remember at what point I hit 18 crew but it was fairly early to get going.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just needs a better reward like 200 honor.
    Let’s fly!
  • Anyone who logs in enough to get the three daily scans can clear dilemmas...other than for players literally in their first few days of playing and can’t reach 2 hours, what’s the problem here?

This.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    It’s a pointless move to add 3 Dilemma daily. There is little value added for the players it doesn’t inconvenience. It really doesn’t matter how easy or hard it is at any level.

I do agree its pointless. The majority of the player base will still get use out of it. I resolve 6-8 dilemma's everyday. I don't remember at what point I hit 18 crew but it was fairly early to get going.

Agreed. I will get used to it as well. Days where I work 16 hrs I won’t be able to hit 3 but the scans would have stopped me anyway. Days when I play as much as I want I will resolve something like 6-8 as well.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This has to be one of the worst ideas I’ve seen. I’m a daily player, and constantly run voyages, and this is still irritating to me. I can see maybe having to complete one. But three is ludicrous. This is going to make a lot of people not be able to complete their daily missions. I’m seeing a lot of really angry comments in our fleet.
  • parcparc ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    we all have our own goals when we play, mine currently has been to get to a point where I can still get the daily mission honor more.
    'complete scans' forces me to log in 3 time over a minimum of 3 hour increments (and it kinda **tsk tsk** that i cant decrease that).
    'start faction missions' forces me to log in 4 times over a minimum of 3 hour increments, but if i got busy or forgetful I could use one of my few boosts to speed things up.
    ultimately there are still plenty of days where I don't make it in time to finish these.
    So my main goal as of late has been to immortal some people to get the dil so I can buy a 3rd ship for faction missions, and reduce that down to 3 log ins a day.

Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all lvl 91+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma, which means for me to hit 3 dilemmas a day I now have to log in 4 times a day again, even if i got 6hr i could scrape by with 3, but would still need to log in a 4th time the next day. And there is no way to reduce this.

It's kinda ruined my main goal for the game, and since dailys and events are my main honor income, its ruined that too, and thus my secondary goal of being able to level up my crew through the only realistic way of citations has been slowed a lot.
  • This is going to give far more people incentive to NOT worry about completing all the daily missions now. Which is going to hurt everyone in my fleet.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn’t like the idea of people getting chrons on voyages so they nerfed it people continued to spend on voyages so they introduced 3 dilemmas to the Dailies so you either spend to recall a long voyage or do shorter ones (well that’s how it seems)
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I can only think of one reason DB added this. They want to get newer players to pay to extend voyages so they can get 100 honor. Penny pinching.

If this isn’t the reason then there was no benefit for us or them

That’s the only reason I can see as well. Just an attempt to get more people to spend money on dilithium. It certainly doesn’t enhance the game for the player.

• RabbRabb ✭✭
    My issue with this change is forcing people to log in 4 times, each at least 2 hours apart to achieve what they could do yesterday in 50 minutes. Even our fairly busy fleet has 5-10 people I see only log in once a day and they still manage to get the other 10 dailies done.
  • 3 is easily doable, but it's still a lot.

I always wondered why they did not include a gauntlet round, to the daily goals as well.