Home The Bridge

New Voyage Daily (threads merged)

Comments

• parcparc ✭✭
    So let me get this straight. You already sign on 4 times for shuttles but signing on 4 times for voyages is an issue? Why dont you do the voyage when you sign on for the shuttles?
    1st time sign in do shuttles and start voyage
    2nd time do shuttles and hit the dilemna
    3rd time do shutttles and hit the dilemna and then recall
    4 time do shuttles and collect and resend voyage
    NEXT day
    1st time do shuttles do dilemna
    2nd time do shuttles do dilemna and recall
    3rd time shuttles. Collect voyage resend voyage
    4 time shuttles. Do dilemna.
    Next day
    1st time do shuttles do dilemma recall
    2nd shuttles collect voyage resend
    3rd shuttles dilemma
    4th shuttles dilemma recall

4th day
    1 shuttles collect resend
    2 shuttles dilemmna
    3 shuttles dilemma recall
    4 shuttles collect resend....

Following this pattern you will be able to get the dailies 2/3

it has been my goal for some time now to make it so i didnt have to log in 4 times a day, and with out a goal...whats the point?

that said, i don't always get a chance to sign in 4 times a day as is, and some times when i do i remember at 9pm that i still need 2 more sets of shuttles, and thats fine because i can speed them up. But i cant speed up a voyage.

and keep in mind that im lucky, there are players who cant even hit 1 dilemma yet, so they cant get that honor at all now. and if they can only get 1 dilemma, they have to check in 6 times a day.
  • This is only a game....i love it, and spend time on it each day...but in the end it's only a game. It doesn't pay my bills, doesn't go to work for me, doesn't cook for me, doesn't take care of my family....ITS JUST A GAME PEOPLE!!! THERE are people in the world who are literally dying dying of hunger in deserts trying to get to a safe place to just live, others have tanks rolling through what was once their neighborhoods, and you are complaining about a GAME, YOU decided YOU want to play on your phone, because of 200 honor......Am I taking a crazy pill so this sounds crazy to me? No, I don't think so....i think it's really crazy...
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I could care less. All my crew is fully equipped so I go for very long periods without collecting daily honor. It’s only 200. I can’t understand why so many people are upset. You can’t get three dilemmas in 24 hours? Then you probably shouldn’t play then with such weak things to complain about

THANK YOU!!
  • This is only a game....i love it, and spend time on it each day...but in the end it's only a game. It doesn't pay my bills, doesn't go to work for me, doesn't cook for me, doesn't take care of my family....ITS JUST A GAME PEOPLE!!! THERE are people in the world who are literally dying dying of hunger in deserts trying to get to a safe place to just live, others have tanks rolling through what was once their neighborhoods, and you are complaining about a GAME, YOU decided YOU want to play on your phone, because of 200 honor......Am I taking a crazy pill so this sounds crazy to me? No, I don't think so....i think it's really crazy...

I'm not threatening a rage quit or anything, but I certainly will offer my opinion when there's a change I don't think will help my enjoyment of the game. How will the developers improve anything if they don't take our feedback? The point of these forums is to offer the devs a look at our collective thought and see if they are hitting the right mix between enjoyment and pressure points.
  • If you can't take 30 minutes throughout the day to play, why should you expect to get max daily participation rewards?
  • Since I know you use the forums I suggest you go to the ready room and use the voyage estimator tool some kind Captains created just to help us all do better. I understand you don't want to put a ton of time into it, but I have only used it twice. Both times my voyages went further then I had without using it and I now understand what I was doing wrong. As my favorite childhood public service announcement would say "knowing is half the battle"
  • Parc,

To get to 2 hour dilemma have 2400 in both primary and secondary(none in other skills) and a level 1 2* ship(1250 ATM).
    To get to 4 hour dilemma have 4400 in both primary and secondary(1000 in each of the other skills) and at least a level 1 4* ship(1850 ATM)
    To get to 6 hrs, have 7000 in both primary and secondary(2500 in each of the other skills) and a maxed 4* ship(2250 ATM)

Note: I am not including in this any additional ATM from matching the right trait to each crew slot. Also remember 500 points in the primary is worth about 600 points in secondary skill and a crazy 1800 points in non primary skills.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    parc wrote: »
    we all have our own goals when we play, mine currently has been to get to a point where I can still get the daily mission honor more.
    'complete scans' forces me to log in 3 time over a minimum of 3 hour increments (and it kinda *chocolate cronut* that i cant decrease that).
    'start faction missions' forces me to log in 4 times over a minimum of 3 hour increments, but if i got busy or forgetful I could use one of my few boosts to speed things up.
    ultimately there are still plenty of days where I don't make it in time to finish these.
    So my main goal as of late has been to immortal some people to get the dil so I can buy a 3rd ship for faction missions, and reduce that down to 3 log ins a day.

Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma, which means for me to hit 3 dilemmas a day I now have to log in 4 times a day again, even if i got 6hr i could scrape by with 3, but would still need to log in a 4th time the next day. And there is no way to reduce this.

It's kinda ruined my main goal for the game, and since dailys and events are my main honor income, its ruined that too, and thus my secondary goal of being able to level up my crew through the only realistic way of citations has been slowed a lot.

You are doing something seriously wrong. You can make a 6h dilemma easily with only 4* characters. I don't even have a 5/5 and I make 8 hour dilemmas.

• I know I am getting to be an old player of a video game when I think "Well back in my day, we didn't have voyages, or back in my day we didn't have starbases, or back in my day we didn't have daily rewards that gave us anything important like chrons or honor"
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parc, your primary goal should be to optimize the featured stats. The following score should get you to 6 hours easily.

Top stat: 7200
    Second stat: 7000
    Others: average 2000

This should be achievable and easily hit 6 hours 99% of the time
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like his crew is not leveled. He's talking about 4/4 and 5/5, but until they are FE those numbers are meaningless. He needs to focus on leveling his crew and using replicator to get past hard parts. A crew of 4/4 and 5/5 will easily pass 6 hours when they're Fe, but at level 50 he might as well be using 3*.
  • parc wrote: »
    Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma, which means for me to hit 3 dilemmas a day I now have to log in 4 times a day again, even if i got 6hr i could scrape by with 3, but would still need to log in a 4th time the next day. And there is no way to reduce this.

It's kinda ruined my main goal for the game, and since dailys and events are my main honor income, its ruined that too, and thus my secondary goal of being able to level up my crew through the only realistic way of citations has been slowed a lot.

I’m going to chime in about the whole six hour voyage thing.

I’ve hit six hour voyages pretty regularly in the past, and my voyage crew isn’t always 4/4 and 5/5. I’ve found that if I have 6000 in both primary and secondary skills and if I have 2400+ starting antimatter, it shouldn’t be that difficult to hit 6 hour voyages/3 dilemmas.

Also agree with the statement that voyages actually give better rewards than the daily achievements.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like the voyage achievement. Any extra credit or merit is appreciated.

I understand the complaints from those who are too busy to login enough to get it, but that's just life. There is another mobile game I play where I only have time to log in a couple times a week...I miss out on daily login rewards all the time and even when I do I don't have time to do all the daily tasks. It's a game; a leasure activity; a frivolous waste of time. Relax.

It has also been mentioned by many that this daily reward is difficult or unfair to newer players, but all the agruments I've read are on their behalf. Are there any actual newer players, that can't reach the first delimma yet, out there that would be willing to comment? I'm curious what they think.
  • ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    Prosser wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Even though my voyage crew is 4/4* and 5/5* all 90+ its almost impossible for me to get a 6hr dilemma,

I'm sorry but I have to call shenanigans. I have exactly two 5/5*'s and I regularly hit 7.5 hours. Sometimes 8 hours. You're doing your voyages wrong.

More importantly resolving 3 dilemma's is more valuable than the daily reward.

IDK what to tell ya, maybe you've been able to get more things to 100 than me, maybe you have different 5*s, maybe your 4*s are better. i can hit like 7 hours if i get good luck on bonuses and my 2 best stats are the main ones. if only 1 of those 2 stats is the main one, Ive hit 6hr before but with under 100 fuel left, so thats too much of a gamble to really do.
    Ive got some 1/4*s that are supposed to be the best, but i still need honor for citations to make them useable. I got issues getting my 5*s and 4*s to 100 as well, usualy getting stuck on an item that is only from faction missions, or cost over 1k chron to build, or i just run out of resources like trainers and replicator rations.

Post a pic of your most recent stats. People can offer suggestions. It's not that obvious, necessarily, how to optimize properly and there are a lot of people and tools available to help you do that.

From his wording in that post, I think he is likely just picking whatever crew is at the top of the list when he choses a slot. So if his voyage is eng/med, and in the sec slots he picks kortar and T'Kuvma since they are his highest sec and come to the top of the list. Rather than resorting by eng/med to get the top crew to fit in the sec slot with one or both of those stats.

Like that he would end up with mostly balanced stats across the board instead of the two main ones higher like is needed. I could easily see a voyage like that having all 6 stats around say 3-5k and then not being able to clear much past the 4 hour mark.

I wasn't really sure how to word it, but basically you got it. Though i don't choose them because they are the highest but rather if i were to sort by say eng/med that also has a command stat, my highest would be a 3* or a 2* (and not exactly good ones) so the main stat would barely get a buff and the command stat would plummet. That trade off wouldnt be enough to get me to the next dilemma anyway.

Hmmm two questions, do you have a legendary ship that is maxed yet? Just starting at 2500 antimatter is a big help. Making sure to hit the 5k spin on the dabo everyday is a good way to work towards that. It takes time but is a big help.

Roughly how many 4/4 and 5/5 crew do you have? At first I thought you said you had 90+ but then realized you meant level 90+. If you only have 12 or so to fill the shuttle slots with little to no options to switch around, then it makes a lot more sense now that you can't make 6 hours. All you can do then in that case is work on your crew until you have enough variety to push those voyages to 6 hours.
  • parcparc ✭✭
    I truly do appreciate all of the people trying to help with my voyages. but honestly it seems like my crew is kinda just crap. a fair amount arent FE, but all of them are past lvl 91, and a lacking of resources prevents them from being FE. Of my higher level crew, a good amount only have 2 stats or have the same main stat and a good amount of the others could be called the worst in the game (ive seen the tables), which makes the pool of crew i can use for any one voyage much smaller.
  • parc wrote: »
    we all have our own goals when we play, mine currently has been to get to a point where I can still get the daily mission honor more.
    'complete scans' forces me to log in 3 time over a minimum of 3 hour increments (and it kinda *chocolate cronut* that i cant decrease that).
    'start faction missions' forces me to log in 4 times over a minimum of 3 hour increments, but if i got busy or forgetful I could use one of my few boosts to speed things up.
    ultimately there are still plenty of days where I don't make it in time to finish these.
    So my main goal as of late has been to immortal some people to get the dil so I can buy a 3rd ship for faction missions, and reduce that down to 3 log ins a day.

You're not alone. I've heard many complaints from members of my fleet who are really angry. It's hard enough to get players to play daily and complete the daily missions. This will certainly make it worse, which effects the daily fleet rewards, which hurts every fleet member.
  • There seems to be a lot of a different expectations of players finding time, but the initial poll of some folk(a lot in the 25-40 level range) in my fleet is against this daily. Some cannot log while at work. Some have this game's priority further down than you would expect.

They were happy to get the 200 honor, combined with the honor created by the fleet goals, gave them a currency for their choices (yes trainers are a common shortage for lower level players) and not many save up for a 5* citation to begin the game.

So hopefully DB will remove this daily.
  • Agreed. This is stupid and they need to take this out. What they've done is add in a ridiculous requirement and given us nothing in return. Oh wow, 25,000 credits and 25 merits for the same 200 honor? All we have to do is do multiple voyages (when you're crew is weak like mine) in a day! Dumb. Half the people in the fleet I'm in haven't logged in in over a month. I'm starting to see why and I'll probably join them at this point. It's a dumb money grab.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    The issue is before you could complete all dailies in 3 hours if you used an ad on a scan. That's now been pushed to 6 hours. Yes, it's a mobile game, but there are days where I don't have 6 hours to play. DB just took 200 honor away for the sake of 25 merits. I'm not a newbie. I've been playing since the first month, I can hit 8 hours without a refill on the right voyage, and I'm not happy about this.

I agree with this post. I hope that in the future DB won't tie in new rewards to the dailies.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. This is stupid and they need to take this out. What they've done is add in a ridiculous requirement and given us nothing in return. Oh wow, 25,000 credits and 25 merits for the same 200 honor? All we have to do is do multiple voyages (when you're crew is weak like mine) in a day! Dumb. Half the people in the fleet I'm in haven't logged in in over a month. I'm starting to see why and I'll probably join them at this point. It's a dumb money grab.

Get a better crew. It's not hard. If you don't want to then go ahead and quit. Nobody in a good fleet wants players with that kind of attitude
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what DB should do instead is make this specific daily to be passing a certain amount of voyage checks per day. If there's a check roughly every two minutes, then in a 2 hour span that's 60 checks. So make the daily like 120 checks with the 3 stages at 40 check intervals, most people (beginners and seasoned players) can make that AND it requires no one to have to recall their voyage early in order to receive the 200 daily honour.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • If they're asking for more from the players, shouldn't they increase the reward ?

Are they asking for more, or adding extra reward for what you are already doing? Voyages ever since they were introduced are the bread and butter for most if not all players.
    They are "asking for more" in the sense that there is a reward for earning all the daily rewards and they have added one.
    The OP and several others feel they should also have increased the reward for doing them all, since they increased the difficulty.

If I were at a place where I could reliably get all the daily rewards I might agree.
  • I say keep the honour at 200 although i wouldn't be offended if they increased it but change the requirements so you need to complete 10/11 to get it. So its an actual bonus not a requirement.
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I now find it impossible to achieve this new daily. It should be dropped to 1 or 2 dilemmas, not three.
    My normal Voyage scenario
  • I'm really not seeing the issue here. Some days I get the honor, some days I don't because I don't have the time for it

The 200 honor is a reward for completing all the daily tasks, if you can't complete them, you don't get it. If it was easy enough for everyone to do why have it at all? - may as well just give everyone 200 honor every day and be done with it.

You get rewards for the tasks you can complete, if you can't complete them you don't get the reward, pretty simple really. It gives you something to aim for down the track.

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Having experienced the new daily, as predicted, it is now practically impossible for me to complete this new daily during he working week, with Time Zones adding to the unworkable nature of the new daily.
    See My typical scenario here
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    If you are casual about it that is your prerogative, but for those of us that put the effort in to achieve the dailies, then we would expect to receive the rewards. The fact is the new daily now makes it impossible to achieve (for me at least) whether I wanted to or not, the choice has been taken away.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say keep the honour at 200 although i wouldn't be offended if they increased it but change the requirements so you need to complete 10/11 to get it. So its an actual bonus not a requirement.

While in beta the daily honor reward was 2,000 rather than 200. People had posted screen shots of it. When it finally rolled out for everyone, it had dropped from 2,000 for the daily to 200. 2,000, IMO was reasonable so not sure why the change. Other games give a lot of premium currency for dailies (SW:GoH) comes to mind and honor isn't even a premium currency. If they had kept it at 2,000 it would still take nearly a month to get a Legendary Citation. Over the course of a year it would allow a player to get 14 Legendary Citations. That is reasonable and still doesn't come close to the number of citations needed to FF Legendary crew that people have with new crew being added weekly.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not seeing the issue here. Some days I get the honor, some days I don't because I don't have the time for it

The 200 honor is a reward for completing all the daily tasks, if you can't complete them, you don't get it. If it was easy enough for everyone to do why have it at all? - may as well just give everyone 200 honor every day and be done with it.

You get rewards for the tasks you can complete, if you can't complete them you don't get the reward, pretty simple really. It gives you something to aim for down the track.

Because some people used to hit the daily every day. They did log in and completed all the tasks. DB just added an extra task that is harder/longer than the rest and said you now need to do that too for the same reward as before.