Home The Bridge

Key information for the event: Orion Belt - 10/19 - Update 10/17 with new DSC Crew

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    This is extremely disappointing for people who enjoy Discovery, but choose to use chronitons on leveling their crew. Three consecutive galaxy events is absolutely outrageous.

We just having the 4th faction or part faction in a row, so what?

3 Galaxy also means 3x Community rewards. Plus with Voyages around you have a fair easy way to farm free chrons.

But am not surprised, following ur recent postings, your just complaining 24/7 anyway.

Faction events are playable for everyone and don't have extremely deleterious effects on your crew leveling. Galaxy events were designed to show up once in a while so that our inventories would have time to recover. They weren't meant to make up an entire mega event.

Maybe you should learn to spell before critiquing others. Your grammar is appalling.
  • Skizzy wrote: »
    Hoping I can add some stars to my 1/4* Orion Slaver. Hooray!

Agreed, hey still need a couple stars on him myself, I'm glad I'll have a reason to want to participate in this event.

• Skizzy wrote: »
    Hoping I can add some stars to my 1/4* Orion Slaver. Hooray!

Agreed, hey still need a couple stars on him myself, I'm glad I'll have a reason to want to participate in this event.

• (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Feel slightly guilty for airlocking so many Orion Slavers now... slightly.

Orion Vina would have been a nice addition to the event bonus crew.
  • (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hoping for a 5* Sarek next week.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a list of the Ferengi in the game...

Acting Nagus Brunt
    Bartender Quark
    Cadet Nog
    Captain Nog
    Convergence Day Quark
    Dr. Reyga
    Grand Nagus Rom
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Grand Proxy Neelix
    Klingon Quark
    Niners Rom
    Pel
    Technician Rom
    Teenager Nog
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Curses. I just airlocked him couple days ago. Will we be getting Tilly and Burnham during this event month. Would be very disappointing if we dont.
    Let’s fly!
  • Curses. I just airlocked him couple days ago. Will we be getting Tilly and Burnham during this event month. Would be very disappointing if we dont.
    Me too. Voyages are causing a crew overstock situation, so he had to be honorably discharged.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are where the money is. Chrons are way more expensive than shuttle boosts and expedition tickets though Voyages has eased that pain a bit. The Discovery crew members we don't get during the month can always pop up later. I'm sure there will be plenty more events in the near future featuring Discovery crew. My love of Enterprise just came in handy. Already have an immortalized Orion Slaver. "SLAVES ARE LOOSE! SLAVES ARE LOOSE!!"
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are where the money is. Chrons are way more expensive than shuttle boosts and expedition tickets though Voyages has eased that pain a bit. The Discovery crew members we don't get during the month can always pop up later. I'm sure there will be plenty more events in the near future featuring Discovery crew. My love of Enterprise just came in handy. Already have an immortalized Orion Slaver. "SLAVES ARE LOOSE! SLAVES ARE LOOSE!!"

It's certainly a smart move on DB's part. The people that are foolish enough to try for top 1000 in galaxy events end up paying far more that they would just buying packs. Every argument in favour of galaxy events has to do with the free pulls, which really aren't part of the event at all. It is just a way to **tsk tsk** in gullible players.

It's certainly a smart move on DB's part. The people that are foolish enough to try for top 1000 in galaxy events end up paying far more that they would just buying packs. Every argument in favour of galaxy events has to do with the free pulls, which really aren't part of the event at all. It is just a way to **** in gullible players.

I'm not impressed by the pulls either. I have all the four star crew I want fully fused and never get a legendary behold. I'm not going to amp myself up for replicator fuel. I will say though that I have been pumped about this Discovery month so I have 16000 chrons stockpiled. I feel it's more rewarding to win the crew than buy it

• galaxy again? seriously? "encouraging" players to invest dil in voyages to get more chronitons?

I'm out after t'kuvma.
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Don't have the Orion Slaver, stats aren't remarkable. But this will give a reason to level my Captain Nog who I have been neglecting. But realistically since it is pure galaxy, a deep bench is not required and the Discovery crew will be sufficient for building recipes.
  • Im out after doing 1 supply mission to participate and get the community rewards.
    Others can burn their stuff, I need it more to level my chars.
    And I do not like T'Kuvma anyway. Might be the first 5* I airlock.
    And for the Dicovery-Crew I think I will like - better buy them with Dil than doing galaxy...
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    galaxy again? seriously? "encouraging" players to invest dil in voyages to get more chronitons?

I'm not a fan of galaxies either, and likely won't participate beyond a token craft.

But you're acting as if you're surprised to realize that events are merely incentives for people to spend.

In fact, that's what the entire game is. Because capitalism.
  • I'd go a little farther... DB is in a mess financially. They've had to let a god portion of their staff go in order to "right-size" (stay afloat) so the ONLY events they can afford to run are simple copy-and-paste re-runs of older events that proved the most profitable. It's a dire situation for both them and us, but it's the way it's going to be for the foreseeable future.

The only way we, as the players, can make changes is by minimising the revenue gained from these types of events (mostly by not taking part) and taking part heavily (spending) in the events we like.

Won't happen. Because competitiveness.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scoustar wrote: »
    I'd go a little farther... DB is in a mess financially. They've had to let a god portion of their staff go in order to "right-size" (stay afloat)

Unless some financial numbers have been published (I admit I haven't looked) this is an assumption. Layoffs happen all the time. I work for a large company with 2016 net income of around $18 billion. We have layoffs every year.

I know there are big differences between how small and large companies are run, but a round of layoffs, even significant in numbers, doesn't necessarily mean a company is struggling to stay afloat.

• MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I must be the only player who usually uses less dilithium when there's a galaxy event. I usually buy a pack or an expedition or a faction event in the hopes of getting the threshold character to fully fused, but I don't need to during a galaxy as the threshold character is also a community reward. Having said that, I never chase the top ranks as I prefer to spend those chronitons levelling crew.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should learn to spell before critiquing others. Your grammar is appalling.

Please be aware that for some people, English isn't their first language, and they're doing their best to communicate. I don't know whether that's the case for Zombie Squirrel or not, but having an attitude of "if you're going to bother speaking English, you better speak it perfectly" is not a healthy one.

Attacking people for their grammar and/or spelling (as opposed to at least pointing it out more diplomatically) when you don't even know how/when they learned English is an unnecessary insult. Regardless of what the person is saying.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Please be aware that for some people, English isn't their first language, and they're doing their best to communicate. I don't know whether that's the case for Zombie Squirrel or not, but having an attitude of "if you're going to bother speaking English, you better speak it perfectly" is not a healthy one.

Attacking people for their grammar and/or spelling (as opposed to at least pointing it out more diplomatically) when you don't even know how/when they learned English is an unnecessary insult. Regardless of what the person is saying.

I understand what you are saying, but people who spell 'your' as 'ur' are almost always native English speakers that are simply stupid. I only really responded because the person attacked me for no good reason.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    galaxy again? seriously? "encouraging" players to invest dil in voyages to get more chronitons?

I'm not a fan of galaxies either, and likely won't participate beyond a token craft.

But you're acting as if you're surprised to realize that events are merely incentives for people to spend.

In fact, that's what the entire game is. Because capitalism.

sure it is - as it has always been. but it's interesting to see. before they did galaxy events every once in a while. an now.... yaaay... galaxy events! here you have galaxy events. more galaxy events! aaaaand galaxy events. okay we'll let you send shuttles, too. but only in hybrid events - bc galaxyyyy yaaay! -.-

it's just that I don't like galaxy events. :disappointed: I prefer investing chronitons in leveling not in building and giving away stuff. :(
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's just that I don't like galaxy events. :disappointed: I prefer investing chronitons in leveling not in building and giving away stuff. :(

You'll get no argument from me on this.

I agree with you that it's interesting. People figured out immediately that you could run a long voyage to end during a galaxy event as a way to get chrons. It's possible that early metrics on voyages indicated that dilithium spending on them would make galaxies more lucrative than with chron packs.

• Grant77 wrote: »
    It's certainly a smart move on DB's part. The people that are foolish enough to try for top 1000 in galaxy events end up paying far more that they would just buying packs. Every argument in favour of galaxy events has to do with the free pulls, which really aren't part of the event at all. It is just a way to **** in gullible players.

not necessarily. a pack costs 650 dilithium. for 650 dil I can do three 11-12 hour voyages. I get more 4* crew from those voyages than in the one pack. and I also get about 2000-2500 chronitons. (and also a ton of honor and replicator rations and so on).

last hybrid event with miserable faction part for me (130k VP after two days; that's what I usually have after a day) I spend 2500 chronitons and ranked 326th in the end.

but I still don't like galaxy events. :smiley::wink:
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay we'll let you send shuttles, too. but only in hybrid events - bc galaxyyyy yaaay! -.-

Same as you I dislike full galaxy events. As part of an hybrid with shuttles they are nice in case we really want a character and did the "homework" (aka having saved up many boosts for the "right" event, using the various well known shuttle strategies, having prefarmed certain always repeating galaxy items etc.). In that case I attack the shuttle part best as I can. In case it works as planned I can lean back in the galaxy part of it. In case I still need some points I use the prefarmed items and some chrons. Also now with Voyages we can level and prefarm quite comfortably really...

• it's just that I don't like galaxy events. :disappointed: I prefer investing chronitons in leveling not in building and giving away stuff. :(

I used to feel this way too and would craft a token item to collect community rewards but nothing more. Then I started immortalizing more characters and crew space wasn't quite as pressing an issue, and I started thinking about it like I was trading the items I was crafting for new crew instead of as "giving away stuff." i never buy chrons or cadet tickets or anything like that, but I've still been able to fully fuse both 4* in the last two non-hybrid galaxy events we had. Not sure how much voyages will impact that. maybe i'll finally extend a voyage with dilithium for a few extra chrons, but maybe not. Guess i'll find out next week.

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    I started thinking about it like I was trading the items I was crafting for new crew instead of as "giving away stuff."

I agree that this is the way to approach them - you're buying crew for chrons. It still does come down to whether that trade is worth it to you, or the chrons are better spent leveling crew. The fewer crew you have waiting to level, the more that equation could swing towards competing.

Four days of galaxy is too much to grind. Hybrid where half the event is galaxy is much more tolerable.
    I believe the prime goal of the game is obtaining crew. If the crew is someone you want than yes to the trade. If you don't care for the crew, then no. This is why I go all out on some events and others I merely go for the threshold rewards
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I go all out on some events and others I merely go for the threshold rewards

Yes, same here. In general I like these hybrid events the best. Shuttles don´t eat away resources, but give us some. But in case we want a character out of a pure shuttle event 4 days in a row can be quite draining, lol. While the galaxy portions of an hybrid like this one are relaxed. And we can play it on our terms and time tables...

This is why I go all out on some events and others I merely go for the threshold rewards

Yes, same here. In general I like these hybrid events the best. Shuttles don´t eat away resources, but give us some. But in case we want a character out of a pure shuttle event 4 days in a row can be quite draining, lol. While the galaxy portions of an hybrid like this one are relaxed. And we can play it on our terms and time tables...

I very rarely go all out on galaxy events, but I'm pumped about getting Discovery crew. So much so that I am sitting on 16,000 chrons when that portion of the event opens