Home The Bridge

Key information for the event: Orion Belt - 10/19 - Update 10/17 with new DSC Crew

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg I thought I was the only one hoarding them. I was dealing with a few injury's when the game first came out.. had rehab 6 times a day, raising a new born daughter.. I didn't have time to sit around for 1 Chroniton every 6 minutes. I would rather lose out on chron-drip and be able to play when I want / can. So I saved every thing and rationed my playing so if I was having a bad pain day.. a hard day in general I could get lost in the game for a little while. And I just kept doing that.. kept building and building my chronitons. That became as much of my fun as the actual collecting and building of characters. Pre Voyages, my chronitons reached 13000. (And I was still holding my own in building characters too)

Now with Voyages, lol things have gotten a lot more interesting :D
    I can add to my pile AND build several times faster then I had been. Way more fun.
  • Hm. Still no update on the new disco crew for this event? Disappointing but hey. I've been leveling my others right now.

Really really hoping the first event of November will be an expedition.
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • Yeah, and what happens if I decide to level Jadzia Dax and Katra McCoy for voyages, and Orion Slaver and Grand Proxy Neelix for the event, all at the same time? I can't do that on a steady drip. I can build a supply of chronitons when I'm busy doing other stuff and have a blitz when I feel like it. I guess I miss out on chrons but it allows me to go hard when I want to. 13000 chrons is a lot though, I got quite excited last week when I topped 3000 but I'm down to half that after leveling a whole bunch of crew in one go...
  • BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thank goodness I spent my hoarded chrons for last week's event. 'Only' 8,000 and I finished 13th. Good hunting people hoarding for this week :).
  • So probably a 1* Tilly with 2 traits... “talking” and “Starfleet”

*airlock*
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Meh, I like all the galaxy events, I can't really level my crew much anyway since I don't have nearly enough trainers to keep up, so I end up with all my items crafted just waiting to get trainers. This way I can actually spend the excess chronitons I get from voyages in a useful way.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to hoard for Harry Mudd, but now I am depressed. Plus, I just used chrons for 3* Wesley in pursuit of the Ktarian headset. :: facepalms ::
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    Yeah, and what happens if I decide to level Jadzia Dax and Katra McCoy for voyages, and Orion Slaver and Grand Proxy Neelix for the event, all at the same time? I can't do that on a steady drip. I can build a supply of chronitons when I'm busy doing other stuff and have a blitz when I feel like it. I guess I miss out on chrons but it allows me to go hard when I want to. 13000 chrons is a lot though, I got quite excited last week when I topped 3000 but I'm down to half that after leveling a whole bunch of crew in one go...

I usually can build two on a steady drip plus the voyage bump, having to alternate when I hit faction specific items. Sometimes that expands to more when I hit faction item roadblocks and am out of replications.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I usually can build two on a steady drip plus the voyage bump

And that's the thing. It's not just a steady drip anymore. Between daily mission rewards, fleet targets, gauntlet, and voyages, chronitons have never been more plentiful. Playstyles differ of course, but I don't see the value in hoarding thousands of chrons.
    Dralix wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I usually can build two on a steady drip plus the voyage bump

And that's the thing. It's not just a steady drip anymore. Between daily mission rewards, fleet targets, gauntlet, and voyages, chronitons have never been more plentiful. Playstyles differ of course, but I don't see the value in hoarding thousands of chrons.

I would see the value if you want to dominate in a Galaxy, but that's about it.
    Course I wonder if we're headed to Galaxy being the default whereas it used to be faction.
  • To get back to the original topic. It really is pretty unacceptable that we still don't know who the new crew will be. Do DB?!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    edited October 2017
    To get back to the original topic. It really is pretty unacceptable that we still don't know who the new crew will be. Do DB?!

New Ep has dropped, right? So yeah, I'm with you there Zig. Though I am happy that they gave us the existing character and bonus information.
  • Will Orion Vina count in this event being that she is of the Orion "slave" girl motif??
  • How about the new Doctor, you know, Stamet's BF? We desperately need a new Med in the game... to say the least...
  • Raxnar wrote: »
    How about the new Doctor, you know, Stamet's BF? We desperately need a new Med in the game... to say the least...

+1

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • The only characters that haven't been used in this event from the original announcement are Michael Burnham, Harry Mudd, Young Sarek, Ash Tyler, and Silvia Tilly. Burnham will probably not be used since she was made available in a pack before the events. My guess is mudd/tyler + ferengi this week and sarek/tilly + vulcans next week.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The only characters that haven't been used in this event from the original announcement are Michael Burnham, Harry Mudd, Young Sarek, Ash Tyler, and Silvia Tilly. Burnham will probably not be used since she was made available in a pack before the events. My guess is mudd/tyler + ferengi this week and sarek/tilly + vulcans next week.

That's my guess as well. Especially since Mudd and Tyler were featured in the most recent episode so heavily.

Edit: I'd also go as far to say Mudd 5*/Tyler 4* and Sarek 5*/Tilly 4*.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the assumed crew this week...looks like I'll be getting lots of honour. And an Orion Slaver. And hopefully stars 2 and 3 on my Brunt? Maybe?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Reading the latest posts it seems like the players have figured it out and still no official update from DB. What gives? What's so hush hush about it now?
  • I'd say about 25% needless secret-keeping and 75% they fired everyone who did the work on the game would be behind the delays
  • Bueller? Bueller?
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • edited October 2017
    Hey Shan/Erin any chance of completing the crew for this event?

Also the Threshold rewards and event packs?

Do the new owners not want us to spend any money or play the game now?

Ignore my rant thought it was Wednesday when I posted it not Tuesday. #oops
  • My guess is they are busy trying to figure out how to address the fact that there are significant problems with the premium packs not including crew we were told was added to the portal
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the original post with info on the new DSC crew Cadet Sylvia Tilly 5* and Lt. Ash Tyler 4*.
  • Tilly getting a 5* so soon, crikey...
  • 5* for Tilly seems like a weird choice unless she's got some MAJOR plot coming up later, but okay I guess.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah!!!! Tilly power!!!
    Let’s fly!
  • Tilly's ship power better be called "So F%$king Cool" or we riot.
  • I need ENG!

So instead of Dilly! Dilly! I say Tilly! Tilly!
  • I joking predicted to my fleet that we were getting 5* Tilly. I am not disappointed, but I am highly amused.