Home The Bridge

Key information for the event: Orion Belt - 10/19 - Update 10/17 with new DSC Crew

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    This is fine. I hope Dr. Culber is next week's 5* though.

I wouldn't hold your breath, the only two left from the announcement are Sarek and Mudd.

I think it's possible they couldn't get the rights for Dwight so maybe we won't get Mudd. But I'm still also not holding my breath. It seems clear they are refusing to give medical.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Any stats?

Or do we have to wait for SilverRose to level them first?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be silly if DB didnt do Star Trek Discovery this month with the first new star trek show in years coming out. Everyone would be saying, why are you ignoring Discovery? But for those that say DB should have waited a while before doing Discovery event month I have a compromise, let's have a second Discovery event month in six months, or when next season comes. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • DB would have been smart to hold off on adding Discovery to the game for at least another month, possibly until the end of the first season - if nothing else, just to see how the show was received, and how characters developed. There was no reason it needed to coincide with the launch of the show and there was no player demand to base their development off of yet. I'm sure they thought it was smart marketing, but it appears to have been a mistake. It's not like there weren't other characters and ships that people were begging to be added to the game first.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    DB would have been smart to hold off on adding Discovery to the game for at least another month, possibly until the end of the first season - if nothing else, just to see how the show was received, and how characters developed. There was no reason it needed to coincide with the launch of the show and there was no player demand to base their development off of yet. I'm sure they thought it was smart marketing, but it appears to have been a mistake. It's not like there weren't other characters and ships that people were begging to be added to the game first.

This makes sense if it was all about DB. It breaks down if you consider that CBS wants it to coincide with the launch to generate more interest in Discovery, and thus more subscriptions to All Access.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    DB would have been smart to hold off on adding Discovery to the game for at least another month, possibly until the end of the first season - if nothing else, just to see how the show was received, and how characters developed. There was no reason it needed to coincide with the launch of the show and there was no player demand to base their development off of yet. I'm sure they thought it was smart marketing, but it appears to have been a mistake. It's not like there weren't other characters and ships that people were begging to be added to the game first.

This makes sense if it was all about DB. It breaks down if you consider that CBS wants it to coincide with the launch to generate more interest in Discovery, and thus more subscriptions to All Access.

True, DB could have been the unfortunate victim of CBS' marketing plan.
  • I assumed five star rating is inversely proportional to screen time. That is why we have one star Quark Sulu two starred Picard Riker Kirk et all. Five star Tilley implies she is not long for the screen time. Or she is not going to be a cadet too long. Lt tilley will be a two star?
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    A cadet that can't do ANY cadet challenges...silly. where do you go up from her as a 5*? How on earth do you go down? 4* teenage angst tilly? 3* first school dance tilly? 2* i can ride a two wheeler tilly? 1* zygote tilly?

I don't hate the character, but what a botched implementation of the character to the game. I would really love to hear the reasoning for this one...

Not a spoiler because it's pure speculation, based on nothing whatsoever that's happened on the show, but... one way this could bear out as a valid choice is if her character suddenly becomes very important to the plot, or does something very important to the plot -- and then dies.

The way this show has flirted with darkness already, it really wouldn't surprise me if they introduce a light and flighty character who wouldn't harm a flea, then have her die a horrible death just when people are starting to get invested in her as a character.

Yeah, this. There's a very good chance they would do this.

Also, to say that DSC is 'flirting' with darkness is kind of an understatement. Both figuratively and literally. Unless your idea of flirting is just the tip, to see if they like it...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, DB could have been the unfortunate victim of CBS' marketing plan.

Not an innocent victim - the press release makes it sound like DB reached out to CBS first. But once they got to the table, CBS could have insisted on running concurrent with launch for cross promotion value.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Why wouldnt DB want Discovery stuff right away? If its great everyone will love the events, if its bad, no refunds. All the buildup for the show, the first since Enterprise ended in 2005. Would have been crazy not to have it. Plus it is fun to have the crew while watching the show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yay, 2 stat crew and another cmd/sec. But I did get a kick out of seeing that Ash is wearing female uniforms!
  • This is fine. I hope Dr. Culber is next week's 5* though.

I wouldn't hold your breath, the only two left from the announcement are Sarek and Mudd.

Considering the things Sarek has done in the series so far, i'm going to say he's the 5*.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Has anyone had the 5* drop? It's sad that I even have to confirm this...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldnt DB want Discovery stuff right away? If its great everyone will love the events, if its bad, no refunds. All the buildup for the show, the first since Enterprise ended in 2005. Would have been crazy not to have it. Plus it is fun to have the crew while watching the show.

Before the announcement was made, my thought was that it would be wise to see if the show lasts longer than 1 season before committing to it.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niner47 wrote: »
    Has anyone had the 5* drop? It's sad that I even have to confirm this...

Unfortunately yes lol
    cquw7i8epkaj.png
  • Oh good, a new COM/SEC 4*. I was afraid it would be something players need, like more decent MED or ENG characters.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    A cadet that can't do ANY cadet challenges...silly. where do you go up from her as a 5*? How on earth do you go down? 4* teenage angst tilly? 3* first school dance tilly? 2* i can ride a two wheeler tilly? 1* zygote tilly?

I don't hate the character, but what a botched implementation of the character to the game. I would really love to hear the reasoning for this one...

Not a spoiler because it's pure speculation, based on nothing whatsoever that's happened on the show, but... one way this could bear out as a valid choice is if her character suddenly becomes very important to the plot, or does something very important to the plot -- and then dies .

I am happy to be corrected if I am mistaken but my understanding of the Star Trek timelines story, such that it is, is that the characters exist in the game as though they have been retrieved from a specific point in time. Essentially, from a specific episode or a specific moment within an episode. Hence 'Stranded Odo' wearing the clothing he was wearing on that mountain, or Princess Jadzia wearing a medieval outfit. By that logic, regardless of how she develops later on we must assume that this incarnation of Tilly has been from taken from one of the first five episodes.

• Little disappointed its yet another galaxy event. Chronitons dont seem to be dropping as much from voyages anymore (I'm 7 hours in and have 347 for todays voyage) and am down to my last 6375 chronitons.

Chased Lorca (and got him) last round but now I'm just going to go for the last Ash Tyler threshold reward, max him out with the community reward and completely ignore the ranked rewards.
  • I could not be less interested in this event, thanks for the uninteresting and weak characters and the week off.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Can we get FF/FE stats for new event crew please? :)
  • After new "Klingon" 3rd star i am out. 3 galaxy in a row,no thanks. I want expedition.
  • ReneeUhnay wrote: »
    Can we get FF/FE stats for new event crew please? :)

They were posted an hour ago: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/692/galaxy-event-notes-orion-belt-10-19

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    ReneeUhnay wrote: »
    Can we get FF/FE stats for new event crew please? :)

It's a change but it's now posted in the star fleet communications area

jzwazaccgkyf.png
  • Tilly did introduce herself as special needs in the show, then didn't elaborate at all other than making us doubt she has any awareness of social skills.

Perhaps she is 5* because she has the physical strength of 2.5 normal cadets.
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Oh good, a new COM/SEC 4*. I was afraid it would be something players need, like more decent MED or ENG characters.

+1, and to go a step further I’m struggling with the logic of releasing a new game mode where 3 skill characters are the most valuable, then having the only new characters in events have 2 skills.

I have had no motivation to go for top 1000 in these events because of that, and will take the new threshold 4*s if only to get another immortalized character towards that dilithium achievement.

Maybe that’s just me, though...

• It's a change but it's now posted in the star fleet communications area

It was always posted in Starfleet Communications, the old forums just shared stickied posts across all boards.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Ah sorry, was looking for stats in the Bridge post
    edited October 2017
    Thanks to silverrose and ashenjuniper for 1/5
    l7cje1e0nc6e.jpg