Home The Bridge

Key information for the event: Orion Belt - 10/19 - Update 10/17 with new DSC Crew

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Tilly is the worst character ever introduced. If you merged neelix with m113 you get her. A cadet being 5 star? What?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    nfvc4y8p0i1z.png
    69c9iq8zeyer.png

I'm sure she is a great actor and will do well once her annoying character is killed off
  • Enterprise-D Picard is a cadet while Cadet Tilly is a 5*. Logic checks out.

I am sure this won t hold you back to have her immortalized first. :p
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Thaaaaankkk youuu!!! Since Tilly is the 5* and I don't care about having her, I can play this ridiculous 4 (5?) days galaxy event casually...thank you so much!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Enterprise-D Picard is a cadet while Cadet Tilly is a 5*. Logic checks out.

And Cadet Wesley is a 4* and some of the most iconic looking TOS character art is used for 1*'s, so....
  • Skizzy wrote: »
    I joking predicted to my fleet that we were getting 5* Tilly. I am not disappointed, but I am highly amused.

Indeed, also highly amused.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • So..... Will Discovery Ep 6 have something to do with Orion slave(r)(s)? Otherwise, I am totally confused why the Slaver is top Crew for event.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    I'll end my rant since I will for sure be skipping this event but this guy meets a major need in the game. Missed opportunity

owccp8wiax4v.png
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for not using Harry Mudd or Young Sarek in a galaxy event.
  • Seems really odd to me to have a 5★ with the title of cadet in the name. There are so many other options: Away Team Tily, Engineer Tily, Reinforcements Tily, Desert Tily, Shipboard Tily, Darth Tily, anything really.
  • 5* Tilly, jeez... At least the artwork goes well with her character.

Don't understand pouting/duckface Tyler though.

Still, gotta catch em all.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leola Root wrote: »
    5* Tilly, jeez... At least the artwork goes well with her character.

Well, I suppose I'd be pouting, too, if I
    had just spent 6 months as a prisoner on a Klingon ship.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tilly is the worst character ever introduced. If you merged neelix with m113 you get her. A cadet being 5 star? What?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    nfvc4y8p0i1z.png
    69c9iq8zeyer.png

I'm sure she is a great actor and will do well once her annoying character is killed off
    Hehe funny pics. Tilly is great though. She is brave, kind and adds some levity to a dark tone show. I guess she is a character that people either love or hate.
    Let’s fly!
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Leola Root wrote: »
    5* Tilly, jeez... At least the artwork goes well with her character.

Well, I suppose I'd be pouting, too, if I
    had just spent 6 months as a prisoner on a Klingon ship.
    it only makes sense if her hair is really a Tribble and finds out he is a klingon spy
  • Wooooo Tilly!! She's my favourite character :)

I think ppl need to easy up on the hate tho. In this event we've received two of the best 4* SCI characters in the game and are now getting 5* ENG with maybe SCI as her secondary. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
  • Glad that an uninteresting 5* is being used for the galaxy event. Easy pass. Looking forward to not having to build a 5* hypoallergenic blanket.
  • Like the BIG SHOW character, Orion Slaver. He's more like my size, so I can relate to him. Except I'm not green and don't own slaves.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that an uninteresting 5* is being used for the galaxy event. Easy pass. Looking forward to not having to build a 5* hypoallergenic blanket.

I haven't decided if I'll get her or not but will totally be into building a 5* hypoallergenic blanket if I do.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • edited October 2017
    Whoa... you done goofed up. I usually play quietly and rarely show up on the forums to post something, but this event crew looks like someone's idea of a practical joke. Let's forget about all TOS, TNG, DS9 crew - they are all supposed to show between 10 and 100 something years after Tilly. Cadet Tilly just became equal to Georgiou, Lorca, Birnham, T'Kuvma, and any other 5* of the Enterprise series.

Unless this is a hint that the show will actually build her up and make her a valuable and reliable member of the crew, and her talkative and unsure self is just the Discovery's variation of Wesley, I will go along with that. However, they had way better options, like Mudd (Crafty, Scoundrel, Survivalist and whatnot) from that last episode.

DB, you had so many options, but you insist on giving 5* status to anyone getting above average screen time on the show. And since probably the show mislead you, you now can't give us:
    5* Acting Captain Saru (as there are 2 of them already)
    5* Crewman Birnham (as she's in already)
    5* Stamets (as there was already one last event)
    and there hasn't been much of the rest of the crew to merit a 5* STT crew, so...

All hail our newest 5* crew, Cadet Tilly!!!
  • I like Tilly, but a 5*? Really?!! Maybe if it were Tactical Tilly, but plain ole snoring Tilly? Totally wrong fit for a gold, plus, I was hoping she’d be a 4* because I really wanted to actually get her. Now I’ve got pretty much no chance whatsoever.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see myself having the patience to rank 1000 or better in a galaxy over this weekend - oh well, event packs it is. At least I've only got the slaver at 1/4, so what, maybe get another from community, 2-3 Tylers from community & threshold, there's still room for purples to be useful before I get lucky (fingers crossed) and get a Tilly from the packs. (I mean what, I'm supposed to say no to that smile? Please.)
  • Ash Tyler. Awesome.
    Orion Slaver. Excellent. I can add another star, maybe 2!
    Tilly? I was hoping for a 2 or 3* so I could get her, but 5*? So who's going to be the 2* threshold? Cadet Nog? Good grief!
  • A cadet that can't do ANY cadet challenges...silly. where do you go up from her as a 5*? How on earth do you go down? 4* teenage angst tilly? 3* first school dance tilly? 2* i can ride a two wheeler tilly? 1* zygote tilly?

I don't hate the character, but what a botched implementation of the character to the game. I would really love to hear the reasoning for this one...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cadet that can't do ANY cadet challenges...silly. where do you go up from her as a 5*? How on earth do you go down? 4* teenage angst tilly? 3* first school dance tilly? 2* i can ride a two wheeler tilly? 1* zygote tilly?

I don't hate the character, but what a botched implementation of the character to the game. I would really love to hear the reasoning for this one...

Not a spoiler because it's pure speculation, based on nothing whatsoever that's happened on the show, but... one way this could bear out as a valid choice is if her character suddenly becomes very important to the plot, or does something very important to the plot -- and then dies.

The way this show has flirted with darkness already, it really wouldn't surprise me if they introduce a light and flighty character who wouldn't harm a flea, then have her die a horrible death just when people are starting to get invested in her as a character.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Or Tilly isn't exactly what Tilly seems to be.. .
  • If that's the case, bad time to be a 5*, if tilly dies that would be more that 50% of the 5* discovery crew killed off (t'kuvma, Georgia and then tilly of the hypothesis is correct).
  • Well at least they didn't make a 5 Star Discovery era Janeway... I just can't wait for the next mega event when we get a Legendary Crewman Tarses!!!!
  • Well at least they didn't make a 5 Star Discovery era Janeway... I just can't wait for the next mega event when we get a Legendary Crewman Tarses!!!!

That you know of. They still have 1 more event to introduce that 5* Janeway. The way they’re doing things, young Sarek will be a 2* and Mudd a 3*.

• T'kuvma and I'm out it is.

Thanks DB!