Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Breakthrough - 04/12

Comments

• Admiral_MorakAdmiral_Morak ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Week 1 we have the Vulcan version of Humpty Dumpty.

Week 2 looks like its probably getting Surak up to speed, or hes reevaluating his life's work based on the Romulan outcome.

Week 3 seems like the natural fit bringing Romulans into the story.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan Janeway, Romulan Burnham, Romulan Dax, Romulan Archer, Romulan O'Brien...........
    :neutral:

Wait. How did Archer get in there...? o_O

If Romulan Archer is the only Archer we can get in an event finally, then I'll take it.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Mithiwithi wrote: »
    What I want to know is, what about ENG crew?

As far as I can tell, there are only three existing Vulcan/Romulan crew that have appreciable ENG (Laborer Spock, Romulan Data, and Subcommander T'Rul - not counting weak tertiaries like Gangster Spock), and as far as this week goes, none of the Tuvok and T'Pol variants have ENG either. Are the event bonuses for the rest of the event going to reflect this shortage of ENG event crew? Because there were an awful lot of event missions in this week that wanted ENG.

Those are the only ones I have on my roster, but I checked the wiki, and found that Captain Lorian has ENG primary, and Ensign Vorik is single-skill ENG (for what that's worth). But you're right — it's not very prevalent. MED is even rarer amongst those with either a Vulcan or Romulan trait, however — only Crewman Tarses, Doctor Selar, Katra McCoy and Rakal Troi have any MED at all.

You've made me glad that I have Romulan Data immortalized... and now I'm thinking that I might just keep a dupe copy of Katra Bones after claiming the ranked rewards in this event.

This is also why I'm glad I have my baby Lorian immortalized, he's been invaluable in this event when it comes to the ENG slots.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan Janeway, Romulan Burnham, Romulan Dax, Romulan Archer, Romulan O'Brien...........

If Romulan Archer is the only Archer we can get in an event finally, then I'll take it.

I'd kind of like to see Romulan Archer. But in TOS Romulan gear. Romulans were so fabulous back then!
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

I'd kind of like to see Romulan Archer. But in TOS Romulan gear. Romulans were so fabulous back then!

I liked their long scarves.
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Just picked up Romulan Data in a begold from my single pull event reward. Feeling very lucky. Time to get levelling!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    There are certain characters that you would expect in a Romulan Vulcan event, and most of them are Vulcan.

We have three main cast members who are Vulcan in Spock, Tuvok and T'Pol. There are no real Romulan equivalents.

If we went into a Vulcan event and didn't get the three main cast members it would be extremely odd (hell we got Amanda so count yourselves lucky we didn't get another Burnham - "Family Dinner Burnham" maybe?)

I do think that including Valeris seems an odd choice out of all the other Vulcans around
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked their long scarves.

Indeed! I always found it amusing that Kirk disguising himself as a Romulan was basically "put on eye-shadow, pluck your eyebrows, wear a scarf".

I think if there is one thing the Romulans and Vulcans could bond over, it's their mutual appreciation of flowy, fabulous clothing.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • edited April 2018
    ok, super thanks for delicious valeris , but yeah, same complaint = No Romulans?!
    das411 wrote: »
    Thanks Shan - Think you could include T'Rul next week so i can finish her off too? :#

No, because she is Romulan.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

As far as I can tell, there are only three existing Vulcan/Romulan crew that have appreciable ENG (Laborer Spock, Romulan Data, and Subcommander T'Rul - not counting weak tertiaries like Gangster Spock), and as far as this week goes, none of the Tuvok and T'Pol variants have ENG either. Are the event bonuses for the rest of the event going to reflect this shortage of ENG event crew? Because there were an awful lot of event missions in this week that wanted ENG.

Those are the only ones I have on my roster, but I checked the wiki, and found that Captain Lorian has ENG primary, and Ensign Vorik is single-skill ENG (for what that's worth). But you're right — it's not very prevalent. MED is even rarer amongst those with either a Vulcan or Romulan trait, however — only Crewman Tarses, Doctor Selar, Katra McCoy and Rakal Troi have any MED at all.

You've made me glad that I have Romulan Data immortalized... and now I'm thinking that I might just keep a dupe copy of Katra Bones after claiming the ranked rewards in this event.

This is also why I'm glad I have my baby Lorian immortalized, he's been invaluable in this event when it comes to the ENG slots.

You got Lorian, and you immortalized him? Wow. That must have cost a pretty penny. My best engineer for this event is Romulan Data, only 1/5-stars. If I can find a fourth copy of T'Rul, however, she will pass him up.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    MED is even rarer amongst those with either a Vulcan or Romulan trait, however — only Crewman Tarses, Doctor Selar, Katra McCoy and Rakal Troi have any MED at all.

Plus Sybok. He was a champ in the event. Not so much for his med though ...
    Dralix wrote: »
    MED is even rarer amongst those with either a Vulcan or Romulan trait, however — only Crewman Tarses, Doctor Selar, Katra McCoy and Rakal Troi have any MED at all.

He was a champ for the Dip+Med slots if you didn't have a Katra McCoy or Amanda Grayson handy. Definitely helped me!
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

He was a champ for the Dip+Med slots if you didn't have a Katra McCoy or Amanda Grayson handy. Definitely helped me!

Or DA McCoy or Drafted McCoy. Having McCoy as a variant for this event provided plenty of options for MED. Future events that will only have Katra McCoy are more limited.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops. I guess my eyes ignored him, just as they do whenever he asks for permission to board my ship. >:)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reread the Communique for the mega event. Vulcans are referenced seven times and Romulans four. I don't know if we can expect that ratio of crew, but it may give some idea on the relative importance of the two.

You got Lorian, and you immortalized him? Wow. That must have cost a pretty penny. My best engineer for this event is Romulan Data, only 1/5-stars. If I can find a fourth copy of T'Rul, however, she will pass him up.

Getting Lorian is what I imagine a long intensive birthing session to be like to an extent. It took so many pulls it made me cancel my credit card for this game. But with all those pulls, I got so much honour from the endless airlocking I had to do, that when I finally got him, I had enough honour to give him 3 more stars just about. So I saved up for the rest and got his two last stars. I've been needing stronger ENG so he helps along with my overall ENG average.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Just look how DB will puta Sela for ranked reward in the next week. (her stats are really bad)
    Just look how DB will puta Sela for ranked reward in the next week. (her stats are really bad)

God I hope not. I recently immortalized her and put her in the deep-freeze about a month ago. I dug her back out for the event but...she really doesn't add any bonus compared to stronger non-Vulcan and non-Romulan 5*s I have.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

God I hope not. I recently immortalized her and put her in the deep-freeze about a month ago. I dug her back out for the event but...she really doesn't add any bonus compared to stronger non-Vulcan and non-Romulan 5*s I have.

She came in useful for a couple of Command slots on the shuttles for me, but that's probably just a lack of Command Vulcans and Romulans on my part (along with Tarses, she's my only immortalized Romulan). Here's hoping they put someone a bit more interesting in if they're going to reuse a card.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nevesa might be a good existing card to use. Some folks have her from her pack only time, some folks don't so it'd be a good mix.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I think Nevesa might be a good existing card to use. Some folks have her from her pack only time, some folks don't so it'd be a good mix.

I agree, especially since I drew her first card from a pack & then 2 more dropped from Voyages (now 3F/FE). She even made it onto a couple of shuttles in the first event, though just barely. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Lol, Romulans are even a featured faction in this Galaxy.......

Which existing Romulans have good stats? I think Tomalak and Jarok also pretty weak for base skill values. Not sure about Nevesa as I don't have her.
    Nevesa without starbase bonuses is CMD 660+(134–471) and DIP 586+(92–237) Not Stellar, but can come in handy when you get event bonuses.

Shes gotten a few shuttle rides this weekend.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Nevesa without starbase bonuses is CMD 660+(134–471) and DIP 586+(92–237) Not Stellar, but can come in handy when you get event bonuses.

Shes gotten a few shuttle rides this weekend.

That's pretty average. I'm surprised. Since she's a more recent addition, I though she might reflect some of the skill power creep. Romulans just don't seem to get good base stats.

My Vulcans beat my Romulans in every category except engineering, where T'Rul and Romulan Data reign for me (as I don't have Capt. Lorian).
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulans just don't seem to get good base stats.

That's why they lost the cold war?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Tuvok art is perfect.
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    That Tuvok art is perfect.

Indeed. He looks like a pointy-eared goblin. McCoy would be proud.

That should be hobgoblin. ;)