Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Breakthrough - 04/12

Comments

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does Valeris have a gun in Surak's back?
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    That Tuvok art is perfect.

Indeed. He looks like a pointy-eared goblin. McCoy would be proud.

That should be hobgoblin. ;)

Ah chocolate cronut, you're right. Memory lapse. I'm sure McCoy would think it was close enough though.
  • Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Breakthrough

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew and Surak
    • small bonus: variants of Tuvok, variants of T'Pol, crew with the Vulcan trait, and crew with the Romulan trait.

I do consider this a vulcan/romulan mega event. Romulans were shuttling everywhere for the mega event!

Also seems reasonable to me, bring surak back, get a group of vulcans together to unite romulans, week 3-4 of event, romulans!

I really hope doesn't stt avoids giving us too many small bonus variants in the future for fear of all the backlash if they aren't prominently featured enough for everyone. I built up and get to use Romulans for the event, whatever happens, I'm good.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I think Nevesa might be a good existing card to use. Some folks have her from her pack only time, some folks don't so it'd be a good mix.

I wouldn't mind her. I'm always partial to more Romulans in my rosters.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Just look how DB will puta Sela for ranked reward in the next week. (her stats are really bad)

Which existing Romulans have good stats? I think Tomalak and Jarok also pretty weak for base skill values. Not sure about Nevesa as I don't have her.

T'Rul is the only really good one that I know of among the super rares. Jarok has high proficiency so maybe that's something?

It goes like this for 4-5* Romulans
    Romulan Data - excellent
    Subcommander T'Rul - excellent
    Romulan Kirk - decent
    Commander Nevesa - decent with starbases
    Alidar Jarok - almost decent, but not quite
    Rakal Troi - crap, but since she's one of the only bonus people with MED, she's upgraded to semi-decent
    Commander Tomalak - crap
    Commander Sela - crap

DB really needs to give Shinzon his Romulan trait back.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have stats for wedding T'Pol yet? I'm eager to know ASAP as space is reaaaally tight now.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakal Troi is actually pretty solid on voyages thanks to her proficiency scores. Just crap for events.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have stats for wedding T'Pol yet? I'm eager to know ASAP as space is reaaaally tight now.

12PM today when the portal and offers go live. Just like every other week.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »

@AviTrek which timezone it's already gone 12pm here

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Around 12PM EST is the usual announcement (sometimes a few hours later). So 3 hours from this post.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just look how DB will puta Sela for ranked reward in the next week. (her stats are really bad)

Which existing Romulans have good stats? I think Tomalak and Jarok also pretty weak for base skill values. Not sure about Nevesa as I don't have her.

T'Rul is the only really good one that I know of among the super rares. Jarok has high proficiency so maybe that's something?

It goes like this for 4-5* Romulans
    Romulan Data - excellent
    Romulan Kirk - decent
    Commander Nevesa - decent with starbases
    Alidar Jarok - almost decent, but not quite
    Rakal Troi - crap, but since she's one of the only bonus people with MED, she's upgraded to semi-decent
    Commander Tomalak - crap
    Commander Sela - crap

DB really needs to give Shinzon his Romulan trait back.

I only used Romulan Data and T’Rul in the last event and that’s only because the Vulcans have no decent ENG to speak.of. The rest just sat there and watched despite me filling every seat on every shuttle with bonus characters. I stand corrected, Romulan Kirk made it... barely.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Sadly i was late realising this - i've only just FFFE'd her for her engineering stat. fingers crossed she'll come good for me in this event.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, my compliments to the team, the Tuvok and T'Pol art looks fantastic!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's also pretty much why we need some new Romulans in game...
  • AviTrek wrote: »

When 13 hours remain for your daily quests
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    T'Pol looks great. Gimme!

All I think I want in this event is her, and the last star I need for Valeris. Should be able to do that with normal play without buying packs.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Pol looks great. Gimme!

All I think I want in this event is her, and the last star I need for Valeris. Should be able to do that with normal play without buying packs.

Yes, you are in luck! First Community reward.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Troi quite a bit last week. CMD+MED seats were present.

I was walking to work this morning and I was thinking to myself:

"Wouldn't it be great to have someone compete with Gangster Spock for SEC proficiency?"

Sadly, I login to the game when I get to work and find out Evil Tuvok is not that person.

130K and out again. Wedding T'Pol is pretty decent although I don't think she'll cut it against other similar crew. Couldn't she at least have the Romantic trait? She's getting married!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Two new T'Pols in the threshold?

Ok DB, I am forgiving you 0 Romulans so far....
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

"Wouldn't it be great to have someone compete with Gangster Spock for SEC proficiency?"

Sadly, I login to the game when I get to work and find out Evil Tuvok is not that person.

130K and out again. Wedding T'Pol is pretty decent although I don't think she'll cut it against other similar crew. Couldn't she at least have the Romantic trait? She's getting married!

As I recall, she didn't WANT to get married, so I doubt she's being real romantic. :)
  • NemoTheBlueNemoTheBlue ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone noticed the new 2* T'Pol has Starfleet rank insignia in her art, but got the High Command trait instead of Starfleet?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

As I recall, she didn't WANT to get married, so I doubt she's being real romantic. :)

I honestly don't remember. Its just a little depressing seeing a decent character with only 4 traits and I felt the need to grasp for more.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event crew are 2* T'Pol. 3* T'Pol, 4* T'Pol.

I get the impression that T'Pol is the new Janeway Burnham.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    So I’m contemplating not levelling wedding t’pol For the event. I’m not convinced she’s worth the chrons when I already have Amb. Sarek fffe.

Thoughts?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event crew are 2* T'Pol. 3* T'Pol, 4* T'Pol.

I get the impression that T'Pol is the new Janeway Burnham.

I'm fine with this.

Me too.

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Boy, we've gone from power creep to power wilt. These cards are weak too. not to mention few traits.
    No 1/5 stats on the Tuvok yet, but I'll pass on him. I'm having a hard time on T'Pol too, waste a bunch of chrons and time to just instantly cryo her never to be used.

@Sibin the only possible value T'Pol could have in this event is if something had an Astrophysicist or High Command trait, but that probably wouldn't offset Surak's higher base.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    So I’m contemplating not levelling wedding t’pol For the event. I’m not convinced she’s worth the chrons when I already have Amb. Sarek fffe.

Thoughts?

It's easy. If you like T'Pol you then FF/FE her because she is T'Pol.

If you don't like then don't level her.