Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Breakthrough - 04/12

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Valeris 4/4 up to lvl 90 before the event started. She never EVER came up in the top ranks to go on a shuttle for this event. I had to scroll wayyyyy down the list to find her. I double and triple checked that she had the Vulcan trait, because it just didn't seem like it.

Now she is at 100 and only 1 item left to FE/immort, and I she is still way down the list and doesn't get on shuttles.

I guess that tells you how low her actual stats are. I was totally ready to freeze her once she got immortalized, because she seems totally useless, but now I guess I have to wait at least until after next week.

You can manually check these things yourself (before you leveled, even). Her pre-starbase base SEC is 579. While it depends on the rest of your crew, even doubled, 1158 is pretty low when you consider Tuvoks and a handful of the other event characters will also be doubled.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the "Valeris **tsk tsk**" people, she's decent for Gauntlet, or at least was decent for Gauntlet, before the powercreep. But she's a nice bone to toss some newer players who don't have a good variety of Gauntlet crew.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the "Valeris *marinating tofu*" people, she's decent for Gauntlet, or at least was decent for Gauntlet, before the powercreep. But she's a nice bone to toss some newer players who don't have a good variety of Gauntlet crew.

Yup, with her, the following "easy to obtain" gauntlet cards have been released in the past few months:
    Mirror Picard
    Mirror Geordi
    Surak
    Mirror Phlox
    Nurse Garland
    Valeris

That is an *awesome* gauntlet start set. It'll still be an uphill battle against those with Locutui, Guinans, etc, but it certainly narrows the gap.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leveled up Valeris as an excuse for the current event and have more maxed out Vulcans. So small added consolation prize that she's featured this week. That should put a smile on her face before she goes into the freezer indefinitely.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or can they just please include a Romulan in the Vulcan Romulan Event? What's next? A Ferengi Mega event with all Klingon event crew? Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to get a new T'Pol, but I was REALLY excited to finally see some more Romulans.

I say we keep the T'Pol, toss the Tuvok, put in Valdore or Neral or if they really want a Vulcan put in the Romulan/Vulcan spy T'Pel aka Selok, toss the Valeris, put in T'Rul

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB: "everyone prepare for the Romulan-Vulcan mega-event"
    Me: *is super excited since Romulans are my favourite Star Trek race*
    DB: "So week 1 is two Vulcans and a human related to Vulcans"
    Me: "Okay, patience Gaghgagh, one week without the Romulans is okay, maybe they just wanted to get this one plotline out of the way for week one"
    DB: "Week two is....3 Vulcans! Yay!"
    Me: *looks into the camera like on The Office*

To put it simply, I am highly disappointed.
    And if the next 2 events aren't about 75-100% Romulan, I am calling full-on shenanigans and will be ranting for many many posts, and trust, I will be on every mega-event thread in the future which hails itself as "whatever race we are sorely lacking in mixed with whatever race/series we have an overabundance of crew in" to remind people of this mega-event sham.

Makes you wonder about the DS9 Augments.

I have a feeling there won't be more than two new augments in the lot. And I'm one of the ones campaigning for the 4 'misfits' who were both DS9 and Augments.

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys.. it's not like DB even had a say in this mega event we picked who.. it.. oh wait, That's the next one !
    This -is- one where they picked all involved lol my bad, Resume the rant.

(So.. how y'all feelin about seeing ds9 / augments ? 4 replaying & 8 New Bashirs !! Wooooooooooo lol)
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Romulans are coming! They are! Fret not :)

Thats a plural ... so at least two.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    It could be that DB are actually following the narrative in this event. The first event is entirely about Vulcans, the second could be the same - and the third and fourth could be the pesky Romulan's manipulating everything from behind the scenes. Which is how most Romulan stories have gone...

As long as we get Vreenak I don't care...
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    The first 6 versions of Tuvok in the game all have Science as one of his Skills. Are people expecting the new Warship Tuvok to become the exception to this rule, and not have Science?
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Shan - obviously many of use are looking forward to them! :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

Thank you @Shan - obviously many of use are looking forward to them! :)

Perfectly understandable! :D

• Yayy Tuvok!!!
    STAR TREK JUNKIES

I hope you will pardon some of us for not getting excited about non-hatched eggs til they are ripe and visible.
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I hope you will pardon some of us for not getting excited about non-hatched eggs til they are ripe and visible.

I will take not getting excited over preemptive complaining any day :D

The complaining is not pertaining to the future. Its about what has already happened. You're already 2 events in the hole with some of us. That's a little bit to dig out of.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the "Valeris *marinating tofu*" people, she's decent for Gauntlet, or at least was decent for Gauntlet, before the powercreep. But she's a nice bone to toss some newer players who don't have a good variety of Gauntlet crew.

Yup, with her, the following "easy to obtain" gauntlet cards have been released in the past few months:
    Mirror Picard
    Mirror Geordi
    Surak
    Mirror Phlox
    Nurse Garland
    Valeris

That is an *awesome* gauntlet start set. It'll still be an uphill battle against those with Locutui, Guinans, etc, but it certainly narrows the gap.

Yes -- even though I have Guinan, Kahless, Moset, Mirror T'Pol (but not Locutus), I'm having a much harder time in Gauntlet because of those with these newer easier-to-obtain near-top gauntlet characters (don't forget Duelist Year and Landry). The odds have been evened!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Valeris 4/4 up to lvl 90 before the event started. She never EVER came up in the top ranks to go on a shuttle for this event. I had to scroll wayyyyy down the list to find her. I double and triple checked that she had the Vulcan trait, because it just didn't seem like it.

Now she is at 100 and only 1 item left to FE/immort, and I she is still way down the list and doesn't get on shuttles.

I guess that tells you how low her actual stats are. I was totally ready to freeze her once she got immortalized, because she seems totally useless, but now I guess I have to wait at least until after next week.

You can manually check these things yourself (before you leveled, even). Her pre-starbase base SEC is 579. While it depends on the rest of your crew, even doubled, 1158 is pretty low when you consider Tuvoks and a handful of the other event characters will also be doubled.

But tripled, as she will be next week, she will be a force. So it's good that they're featuring her, or she'd never come out of cryo. Plus . . . Kim Cattrall!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Shan wrote: »

@Shan please please:

6a9po99wktcr.png

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news about there being no Romulans in this event is that since it's a full Galaxy, I don't have to commit to it to chase anyone in the rank tables. In fact, provided DB sticks to their established pattern of maintaining the same schema throughout each mega-event, Lieutenant Valeris ought to be in the rank table. As mine is already immortalized, I'm threshold & out next week. If they break from precedent and she's in the threshold table, then I'm Surak & out.
  • Ummmm.... Excuse me I thought this was supposed to be the Romulan / Vulcan Mega event.

Not the Vulcan Only Mega-Event.

vbpmrurrnvte.jpg
    rm0pcca2o793.jpg
    7ghqwhi7uvv6.jpg
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Shan wrote: »

I thought we replaced all of the Romulans in the event with Janeways? Didn’t you get the memo on Romulan Janeway, Romulan Coffee Janeway, Romulan Reman Janeway and Romulan Burnham Janeway? It’s too late to take them out of the game.

Well, just make sure you start with Romulan Coffee Janeway. She can't start her day without coffee. also, save Romulan Burnham Janeway for last since that is the apex of the whole event.

The real fun of course would be the watching the forum go up in a ball of fire at the actual event announcement. lol
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

@Shan please please:

6a9po99wktcr.png

But Sarek's already in the game!

WE WANT ROMULAN SAREK.

Don't be redonckulous. That's not canon.

Now if you wanted Sarek in a pink sweater like in the image below, I'm 90% sure there's a 70% chance that's 30% canon 5% of the time.

You guys are so silly. I can't believe you didn't realize Sarek was already in the game. Or think we'd introduce non-canom crew.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam