Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Breakthrough - 04/12

Comments

• Shan wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Romulans are coming! They are! Fret not :)

I hope you will pardon some of us for not getting excited about non-hatched eggs til they are ripe and visible.

I will take not getting excited over preemptive complaining any day :D

@Shan please please:

6a9po99wktcr.png

But Sarek's already in the game!

WE WANT ROMULAN SAREK.

Don't be redonckulous. That's not canon.

Now if you wanted Sarek in a pink sweater like in the image below, I'm 90% sure there's a 70% chance that's 30% canon 5% of the time.

You guys are so silly. I can't believe you didn't realize Sarek was already in the game. Or think we'd introduce non-canom crew.

NOW WE WANT ROMULAN SAREK AND PINK SWEATER SAREK.

I support this!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about others but considering that there are a lot more Vulcans in the series than Romulans it strikes me as to be expected that they will be more common.

Three of the shows had Vulcan characters as main cast while Romulans have been mostly guest characters.

Expecting there to be an equal split seems strange
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I hope you will pardon some of us for not getting excited about non-hatched eggs til they are ripe and visible.

@Shan please please:

6a9po99wktcr.png

sexvu78ynakb.png

I AM THE GREAT GORNHOLIO! ARE YOU THREATENING ME?!

Lol we want the OTHER Sarek! :) Y'all have the rights to his likeness after all :wink:

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I don't know about others but considering that there are a lot more Vulcans in the series than Romulans it strikes me as to be expected that they will be more common.

Three of the shows had Vulcan characters as main cast while Romulans have been mostly guest characters.

One Rom per chapter would have been a 2/1 Vulcan Romulan ratio which I think would have sated or at least pissed off less some folks here.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Pebble's troll level is spot on today... I wouldn't mind a Janeway Burnham for realsies tho... would pretty much have to be CMD, SCI, DIP, SEC, ENG
  • Shan wrote: »

I thought we replaced all of the Romulans in the event with Janeways? Didn’t you get the memo on Romulan Janeway, Romulan Coffee Janeway, Romulan Reman Janeway and Romulan Burnham Janeway? It’s too late to take them out of the game.

Alternate timelines memo?!
    Romulan Ale much? :naughty:

sigh... still no Romulan Stripey Shirt Janeway....
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Black Pebble's troll level is spot on today... I wouldn't mind a Janeway Burnham for realsies tho... would pretty much have to be CMD, SCI, DIP, SEC, ENG

You know, I think if they put out a 5 stat character I wouldn't care who it was lol.

One Rom per chapter would have been a 2/1 Vulcan Romulan ratio which I think would have sated or at least pissed off less some folks here.

So far we have had four new Vulcans including the mega event focus character and three of those have been main cast.

Three or four Romulans from the last two events is entirely possible
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarek in pink boots please.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

So If an admin trolls is that in violation of the community guidelines?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    DB: "everyone prepare for the Romulan-Vulcan mega-event"
    Me: *is super excited since Romulans are my favourite Star Trek race*
    DB: "So week 1 is two Vulcans and a human related to Vulcans"
    Me: "Okay, patience Gaghgagh, one week without the Romulans is okay, maybe they just wanted to get this one plotline out of the way for week one"
    DB: "Week two is....3 Vulcans! Yay!"
    Me: *looks into the camera like on The Office*

To put it simply, I am highly disappointed.
    And if the next 2 events aren't about 75-100% Romulan, I am calling full-on shenanigans and will be ranting for many many posts, and trust, I will be on every mega-event thread in the future which hails itself as "whatever race we are sorely lacking in mixed with whatever race/series we have an overabundance of crew in" to remind people of this mega-event sham.

Now you know how the Archer fans feel.

Here Here!

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing i farmed Romulan shuttles 2 weeks in a row...lol

New T‘Pol is great, but i m scared they will mess up the art just badly.... :|
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan please please:

6a9po99wktcr.png

ScalyPleasantEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It is quite disappointing. We already have tons of vulcans. And we already have lots of Tuvoks and T'pols.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB: "everyone prepare for the Romulan-Vulcan mega-event"
    Me: *is super excited since Romulans are my favourite Star Trek race*
    DB: "So week 1 is two Vulcans and a human related to Vulcans"
    Me: "Okay, patience Gaghgagh, one week without the Romulans is okay, maybe they just wanted to get this one plotline out of the way for week one"
    DB: "Week two is....3 Vulcans! Yay!"
    Me: *looks into the camera like on The Office*

To put it simply, I am highly disappointed.
    And if the next 2 events aren't about 75-100% Romulan, I am calling full-on shenanigans and will be ranting for many many posts, and trust, I will be on every mega-event thread in the future which hails itself as "whatever race we are sorely lacking in mixed with whatever race/series we have an overabundance of crew in" to remind people of this mega-event sham.

I don't know if you know me henny, but I'm also a big Archer fan!
    I've called for Kir'Shara Archer for ages and on the old forums, I'm one of the biggest people who raged about the founding of the Federation being given to Picard instead of Archer as it was one of Archer's most defining moments, plus that outfit! In fact, I'd love to think my ranting is what got them to reluctantly release a COP version of Archer :p

I'm double-crushed with DB all the time.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to more Romulans, as I am only short one card for now.

On the other side – I am disappointed that Warship Tuvok is a 5* when all the other Warship crew are 4*. But then, things DB does nowadays rarely makes any sense to me.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

On the other side – I am disappointed that Warship Tuvok is a 5* when all the other Warship crew are 4*. But then, things DB does nowadays rarely makes any sense to me.

That's not new. Why is Kal-if-fee Kirk 5* and Kal-if-fee Spock only a 4*? Makes even less sense when you consider who won the combat.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not new. Why is Kal-if-fee Kirk 5* and Kal-if-fee Spock only a 4*? Makes even less sense when you consider who won the combat.

I have wondered that too

To be honest I don't understand the Archer thing. I like the character but it is not like he doesn't have any cards.

I think he has the same number of versions as characters like Bashir who was main cast for a full seven season run.

I don't think even Sisko has that many more versions.

It is not like he is Kes :)

Although saying all that this would be a sensible event to have him!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest I don't understand the Archer thing. I like the character but it is not like he doesn't have any cards.

I think he has the same number of versions as characters like Bashir who was main cast for a full seven season run.

I don't think even Sisko has that many more versions.

It is not like he is Kes :)

Although saying all that this would be a sensible event to have him!

There's more to it than how many cards he has, though. It's truly bizarre that two years into the game, he still hasn't turned up in a single event. Don't forget also that in "Convergence Day", he was replaced as the founder of the Federation by Picard, erasing his greatest claim to in-universe fame. And in Episode 6, we even have to kill him as part of a mission story!
  • Fenix2415Fenix2415
    edited April 2018
    Romulans... where are you?
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I hope valeris isn't threshold, she should be ranked.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't even realise I was fretting until you said so! Now I know what fretting is. And yes, I was fretting. Fretting a lot! Now I can fret not. Thanks Shan!

ROMULANS ARE COMING! EVERYONE! ROMULANS ARE COMING! TAKE COVER!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • edited April 2018

I hear you, makes sense, however we a little something called Discovery / Andorian Mega Event with Andorians in events all month long.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Tcal wrote: »
    I hope valeris isn't threshold, she should be ranked.

Agree...she's horrible.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I hear you, makes sense, however we a little something called Discovery / Andorian Mega Event with Andorians in events all month long.

If counting the new 2 & 3* last Mega it was 6 Andorians to 8 Discovery, with one crew that wasn't either... (5 to 7 if not counting the 2 & 3).

Disco/Andorian Mega

Mega 5*, Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (Discovery)

Week 1
    Dress Uniform Scotty (not related to either)
    Celebratory Ash Tyler (Discovery)
    Lieutenant Tarah (Andorian)

Week 2
    Away Team Saru (Discovery)
    Commander Thelin (Andorian)
    Commando Shran (Andorian, existing)
    Expedition Shran (Andorian, new 3*)

Week 3
    Suus Mahna Sarek (Discovery)
    Prospect Michael Burnham (Discovery)
    Ambassador Shras (Andorian)
    Desert Michael Burnham (Discovery, new 2*)

Week 4
    Lissan (Andorian/Aenar)
    Time Loop Mudd (Discovery)
    Commander Ellen Landry (Discovery)

Guess the next few weeks will show how many Vulcan's vs Romulan's we'll get...